AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Playback Help

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-12-27, 15:45   Link #1
jayj713

Angry My .avi's cant play anymore

Ok, so yesterday i installed K-lite Codec Pack for something, cant remember, and i started watching Naruto. When i opened WMP to play it an error pops up, i can still watch Naruto but it has this error message right in the middle of it. When i hit "Dont Send Error Report" EVERYTHING closes and it reloads explorer.exe. so any BT dls or anything that i have running gets shut down!!

After i uninstalled all my codec packs and re-install ffd show, i'm not able to play .avi's anymore. the only way i can watch .avi's now is by installing the K-Lite Codec Pack, but the error message pops up. this has never happened before and i was able to watch .avi's before i installed K-Lite. right after installing and uninstalling the K-Lite pack none of my .avi's work.

And yes, i did download the whole file. i tried watching videos that were working right before i uninstalled the codec pack and they didnt work.

Plz help
Old 2003-12-27, 15:52   Link #2
Dark

you should check and see if you any other codec installed on your pc... (it could have gotten corupted... downloading WMP9 again could help too... O.o )

tho, K-lite codec (2.20) works fine for most avi files... (unless the file was encoded with xvid 1.0beta2/3 since 3ivx or Divx doesn't like the beta version of that codec for some reason... )
Old 2003-12-27, 15:59   Link #3
jayj713

I tried re-installing WMP9, but it still doesnt work.
Old 2003-12-27, 16:01   Link #4
NightWish
Crushcrushcrush
*Administrator

Lightbulb

Humm, this is why we normally suggest to people that they do not install codec packs -- they cause more problems than they solve for most people.

I suggest you uninstall all your codecs, codec packs, ffdshow and anything you have installed that is related to playing/making videos (yup go through it all again). Reboot to make sure everything is out of memory and really gone. Then have a look at the "Media Configuration Guide" and go up to level 1. Try installing and using a player other than WMP; something like "Media Player Classic". Installing that might fix whatever setting is now broken.

If you still have problem use GSpot to evaluate what your system is trying to play the files with... all the details can be found in the MCG thread. Post back here with the details of how you get on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by suprn00b
so any BT dls or anything that i have running gets shut down!!
Just so you know -- when explorer crashes; your BitTorrent downloads probably don't stop; you just can't see them anymore. Logging off or shutting the computer down should stop them cleanly though. I'm not sure what effect starting the download again while the old one is still going will have, but I doubt its a problem.
Old 2003-12-27, 16:41   Link #5
jayj713

YAY, tyty.

finally got it to work. just uninstalled ffd-show, restarted and installed WMC. Now to watch Naruto :drool:

and btw, how do i use quick reply? it says click one of the quick reply buttons, but i dont see any -.-"
Old 2003-12-27, 17:13   Link #6
NightWish
Crushcrushcrush
*Administrator

Lightbulb

The quick reply button can be found at the bottom of each post:
When you click on it the "Quick Reply" section at the bottom of the page is enabled and you can write your post.
Old 2003-12-27, 18:17   Link #7
jayj713

oo ok ty. is there any way to see my BT downloads after my explorer crashes without going to the sites and finding them again?
Old 2003-12-27, 18:22   Link #8
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven

Only if you downloaded the torrent file.