AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

View Poll Results: Your Least Favorite Character is...?
Naruto 94 12.63%
Sasuke 178 23.92%
Sakura 80 10.75%
Ino 55 7.39%
Orochimaru 27 3.63%
Kabuto 46 6.18%
Hinata 39 5.24%
Konohamaru 91 12.23%
Itachi 18 2.42%
Other character, not listed. 116 15.59%
Voters: 744. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-08-19, 16:16   Link #21
can i

sasuke he dosent honor his frendship
can i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-19, 18:17   Link #22
SeNtiNaL

SAKURA!

just so damn annoying
SeNtiNaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-19, 18:51   Link #23
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

-Sasuke,Sasuke,Sasuke,Sasuke,Sasuke,Sasuke,Sasuke,S asuke,Sasuke,Sasuke,Sasuke,Sasuke,Sasuke!!!!
I'll say it a thousand (no make that a million ) times if I have to. Honestly he has to be shaved bald, stripped of all dignity and put out in the cold in -40 degree temperatures and left to freeze to death. The 2nd least liked character for me would have to be Konohamaru and his troupe. MUST KILL ANNOYING ANIME CHILDREN, GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2006-08-19, 19:04   Link #24
ILikeSquiReLz
<>(`;)<>

Who ever said sasuke-hime said it best.... I died lol when I read that.... sasugay has been used too many times now. But a classic is a classic.

For some odd reason... I pretty much like almost every character... only one I really hate is sasuke.
Old 2006-08-19, 20:13   Link #25
shengin_shadow
the forth hokage

lee eyebrows my faviorit nabu when hes little. hes sooooooo cute
shengin_shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-19, 22:48   Link #26
Yazakura
Enigma of Nothing

Sasuke and his entire clan are on my most hated character list, and it's probably going to stay that way.
Yazakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-20, 00:15   Link #27
degeros
Sinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazakura
You kidding? All Sasuke thinks about is avenging his family, and once he accomplishes that, he'll have no reason to exist. At least Garra DESERVES to be emo, who had no love in his life at all, when Sasuke knew nothing but love. His reason for existing, is becoming increasingly repetative and pointless.

Looks like Sasuke's winning in the poll. Great to know I'm not the only Sasuke hater here.

Oh, that's not what Gaara complained about. You've got his childhood story all messed up: both his parents hated him, and the gaurdian he stayed with was sent to kill Garra. Much worse than Sasuke's past, which was full of love until Itachi went biserk and killed his clan. Boo hoo, I really pity Sasuke. *Sarcasm implied*

You may hate Sasuke and find him emo, but losing everything that you once had hurts more than never having anything in the first place.
degeros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-20, 02:11   Link #28
Senshi2k6
=D I love Smilies (@_+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by degeros
You may hate Sasuke and find him emo, but losing everything that you once had hurts more than never having anything in the first place.

LOL, wow that's funny. That's EXACTLY what I was about to reply. Took the words right out of my mouth.

I don't like sasuke that much (my feelings towards him goes back and forth from hate to like to pity then hate again - it varies) but I think if what happened to sasuke happened to someone in real life they probably would have turned out a lot worse.

I put kabuto. He just annoyed me from the begging for some reason, and just got more annoying as the series went on.
Senshi2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-20, 05:07   Link #29
kfisk

I dont understand why so many dislikes sasuke, he has the most interesting background imo and he has been in some nice fights. to dislike him because of his emo hair is quite retarded since you realy should hate most characters in that case... and because of his whining attitude isnt much better since he acts like a normal person would after the itachi slaughter thingy and speech about MS.

I voted hinata since she hasnt added anything Iv found interesting so far
kfisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-20, 05:19   Link #30
horsdhaleine
i miss japan!

least favorite?

Lee and Gai
horsdhaleine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-20, 05:50   Link #31
haiz123321
Obey me world!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfisk
I dont understand why so many dislikes sasuke, he has the most interesting background imo and he has been in some nice fights. to dislike him because of his emo hair is quite retarded since you realy should hate most characters in that case... and because of his whining attitude isnt much better since he acts like a normal person would after the itachi slaughter thingy and speech about MS.

I voted hinata since she hasnt added anything Iv found interesting so far
1)Sasuke thinks hes got the most painful childhood and he looks down on ppl, despises them (Naruto)

2)His lust for power is what makes him such a jerk as he will do anything just to get stronger than his current state.

3)Now that he joined the side of evil hes on Konoha's KOS list so now hes pretty much screwed in the head.

4)All Sasuke haters will be coming after u.

5)Haf fun XD
haiz123321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-20, 12:58   Link #32
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by haiz123321
1)Sasuke thinks hes got the most painful childhood and he looks down on ppl, despises them (Naruto)

2)His lust for power is what makes him such a jerk as he will do anything just to get stronger than his current state.

3)Now that he joined the side of evil hes on Konoha's KOS list so now hes pretty much screwed in the head.

5)Haf fun XD
-You can ad the following to your list:

1) He has never called Kakashi sensei during the whole time he was with Team 7. Japanese culture dictates that as rude and insulting.

2) He is an asshole to everybody including those that wish him well.

3) He used the very technique that Kakashi taught him to sever the bonds he has made with his friends.
Old 2006-08-20, 13:39   Link #33
Syaoran
Contemplating Naruto

Those 2 all you can eat anywhere, anytime brothers from the prison filler. They were definitely he most hated characters ever

Visit http://syaoran.miniville.fr/ or help them get a job (~_^)
Syaoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-20, 14:04   Link #34
Senshi2k6
=D I love Smilies (@_+)

Quote:
Sasuke does look down on naruto- he's jealous. In the wise words of of the creators of Shrek "sometimes anger is just a way of hiding how sad you are". People who are stronger than him threatens his reason to exist (becoming powerful to defeat brother), which if he lost would make his life meaningless. It's obvious to anyone though that he cares about naruto.

Where does it say that sasuke thinks he has the most painful past? Besides, almost everyone in naruto thought their life was the worse in the begginging - remember neji's fate crap, etc.

If there's anyone who was emo it was Gaara. At least sasuke didn't try to hurt others just because he was in pain - to me that's a lot worse. Sasuke just kept to himself. It's funny because I think even if Gaara had never changed people still wouldn't hate him as much as they do sasuke. I guess sasuke is not a very likeable person, LOL. Or maybe Gaara's just too cool to hate (i'm guilty of this via neji at the beggining ). The only reason I hated sasuke is because of the sasuke retreival arc. Now i'm back to being neutral. I haven't read the Manga though.

If he was a real life person then what he does would make sense to me. He would have all types of problems: post-traumatic stress disorder, attachment issues, trust issues, deppression. He may have low self esteem and not think he is cabable of acheiving anything else in life but killing his brother. He may not think that he is capable of having freinds. He also may be afraid of loosing/hurting his friends if he makes any (because of what happened to his family) and this may partially explain his abandonment of naruto. He may also be afraid of being betrayed. I'd imagine he'd be pretty jaded and suspicious of people in general, thus one of the reasons he's a loner (he did have a person he admire turn out to be an evil SOB).

It is just hard to judge what his motivations are since he is a cartoon.

Actually, If you think about it Gaara reacted the EXACT same way as sasuke. If you remember - his mother gave him his name and told him that he should live only for himself. And that is EXACTLY what he did. He even killed other people over it (very bad). Itachi told sasuke he should live only to kill him, and that is EXACTLY what he is doing. The thing is Gaara doesn't have his mother alive and taunting him. And as of where the show is now it's not known how healthy Gaara is, just that he's not a maniacal killer anymore.

Sasuke is central to the naruto storyline, he's a neccessary evil. Think of what the show is about. People starting out thinking there's no hope in life, then naruto comes along, and inspires them. That's the answer to the question of why naruto never changes. The show is about him changing others for the better because of the way he faces lifes challenges. The are all aproaching the ideal that is naruto. If you think about it, there is a little of sasuke in all the other emo characters that were changed, even minor ones like chouji and shikamaru. The only person that is left to change is sasuke.

This is why I love the AMV live for more it sums it up very well.

Quote:

I'll admit - he is a jerk. You're right here. Hehe, I never thought I'd find myself in the position of defending sasuke.
Senshi2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-20, 16:12   Link #35
jzmagic
flargansbog

i had a tough one deciding between sasgay and sakura but i chose sasgay. and i agree with one of the previous posters, any kind of sympathy for sakura was destroyed in 319.
jzmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-20, 17:04   Link #36
Lollerpants
Lollerskates

I actually don't remember this many Sasuke haters; it seems to be more of an influx lately actually ...

Apparently most of the peopel that watch/read Naruto would just like to stick to fillers cause as sad as it is, Sasuke is a major driving point for the plot. (not that I dislike Sasuke, I voted Naruto actually).

I actually just dislike Naruto because of his arrogance/ignorance (and yes, most would now definitely disagree on hsi arrogance, but Chuunin exam? he basically stated he would beat Neji up when at that current state Neji should have been able to kill him easily). Also, I dislike how he's... basiclaly too un-ninja like which I find kinda stupid.. considering the show's about ninjas......?

...Yeah.
Lollerpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-20, 23:39   Link #37
Yazakura
Enigma of Nothing

Quote:

5)Haf fun XD
Eloquent and accurate as hell my friend, well put! Gaara's past was much worse than Sasuke's, Garra had no one that loved him in the first place. Don't tell me you think Sasuke had it worse when he had an entire clan that loved the shit out of him.

Sasuke was always screwed in the head, from the very beginning.

Sasuke: I LIVE TO AVENGE MY CLAN and to kill a certain man. Not for anything else.

Some life ya got there Sasuke. XD

Konohamaru also pisses me off for existing, with that annoying big brother complex and squeaky voice he's got going for him. :P
Old 2006-08-20, 23:49   Link #38
Rachy
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazakura
Eloquent and accurate as hell my friend, well put! Gaara's past was much worse than Sasuke's, Garra had no one that loved him in the first place. Don't tell me you think Sasuke had it worse when he had an entire clan that loved the shit out of him.
Yet now Gaara has a brother and sister who love him and a village who loves him.

Sasuke has no family anymore or ever again (Not counting Itachi >.<).

..35.82% voters on this thread need to die painfully .
Rachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-21, 00:32   Link #39
Jon15

sAaSuKe

Quote:
..35.82% voters on this thread need to die painfully
1.47% that voted for kabuto(you) need to stfu
Jon15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-21, 01:07   Link #40
Yazakura
Enigma of Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss rave
Yet now Gaara has a brother and sister who love him and a village who loves him.

Sasuke has no family anymore or ever again (Not counting Itachi >.<).

..35.82% voters on this thread need to die painfully .
I wouldn't call it love. All the girls in Konoha love the shit out of him and he couldn't give a damn. Sasuke is the only guy in Naruto besides Orochimaru who deserves to have an OC or self insert related pairing! Too much love for the chicken @$$ hair. As for the whole death thing, you really take things too seriously.