AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-10-31, 13:16   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Himawari 2

Production Company: Starchild Records

Genre: Comedy, Action, Hints of romance, etc

Expected Release Date: January 2007

As of yet, not much is known about this new season of Himawari, though, rumors are that the new season will be better from the first season animation wise. There were some comparison here and there with Himawari 2 to Futakoi Alternative, where the wacky randomness preceded the story, but never dictated it. I've really liked Futakoi Alternative and didn't much care for Futakoi. If Himawari 2 follows the same route as Futakoi Alternative, it would make me a very very happy anime watcher. A synopsis is taken from the first season of Himawari for those who don't know what Himawari was about, courtesy of animenfo.

Kasumi Kogen, so called the Village of Mist, is a town locates somewhere in tasteful and rural place in Japan. In this town, there is a training school. Surprisingly, it is the Sinobi Gakuen, a training school of kunoici, or the woman ninja. It gathers competent students from all over Japan to train them to become kunoichi. Needless to say, the villages are alumni of the school, and they run and jump, appear and disappear, as if the whole town were a big ninja house.

In this strange town, here came a girl and a man. The girl is Himawari who wants to be a Ninja and respect “Ichikawa Raiso” as her master, and she came here to enter Shinobi Gakuen. The man is a new assigned teawcher Marikoji Hayato. He was deceived into paying money and came here to repay his debts.

They encounter in this Village of Myst. Whether their encounter is by chance or inevitable? A teacher and his student. Forbidden Love? Other students like Azami, Skimi, Himeji, Yusu wait and see their situation secretly.

Whether can Himawari become a full-fledged Kunoichi?
Whether can she protect her master?
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-31, 14:32   Link #2
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Himawari Alternative would be genius. I hope they take that approach, rather than just opt for darker storylines.

I had mixed feelings about the first series; it had all the right ingrediants but I just felt something was missing that made it truely memorable. Except perhaps Kana Matsumoto whose voice is unforgettable and Aya Hirano of-course, in a much smaller role to Haruhi. Wonder if she'll have a bigger role next time round?

Anyway more farty-neko can only be a good thing.

Last edited by Sonhex; 2006-10-31 at 14:45.
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-06, 11:35   Link #3
eggplant
Eggplant

Saw Episode 1.
Spoiler for Episode 1:

Yuri de yuri de yuriyuri ne!--Tsunomoto Rein

eggplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-06, 14:45   Link #4
hi no ken Jebus

Yay Well I was actually looking forward to this since the first season started rather promising but never went into details of the mystery ninja and hayato. Anyway so far so good...

Spoiler for ep 1:
Old 2007-01-07, 05:35   Link #5
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
and for those new to the series (like me) heres my opinion
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-07, 07:36   Link #6
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
and for those new to the series (like me) heres my opinion
Spoiler:
Well the first season had some pretty crack storylines (a mecha love story, chocolate based battle tactics, chibi ninja wars etc...) , the first ep of the second is no less bizarre...

Spoiler for ep 1:

Eggplant, I find Kana Matsumoto's charm is that her voice is unrefined. It suits Himawari's newbie status quite well I think.
Old 2007-01-10, 00:56   Link #7
Wavedash
Mayo on everything

Without the childish, untrained feel of Matsumoto's performance I would find very little in the show worth watching. I don't find Hirano Aya very enticing and Shiraishi Ryoko never seems to get her due.

I look forward to more wild drug-induced storylines, all told by a whimsically voiced cast.
Wavedash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-14, 16:38   Link #8
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

ep 2...somehow methinks that this series is quite episodic ~ not saying that its bad in any way tho...i love a good laugh and this delivers ~

Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Old 2007-01-21, 16:42   Link #9
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

ep 3 ~
Spoiler:

Old 2007-01-26, 23:41   Link #10
Wavedash
Mayo on everything

I would watch this in a heartbeat....if it were subbed, though. My Japanese isn't good enough to catch it all.
Wavedash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-28, 08:29   Link #11
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

ep 4...
Spoiler:

and...am i the only one watching this?

Old 2007-01-28, 10:10   Link #12
Slice of Life
eyewitness

Seems so. :| I looked into the first ep (without knowing the first season), and I confess it's not my cup of tea and pretty generic, but as I see it it's no way as generic as the 1001 ero game anime out there or the already oversubbed Tokyo Majin Gakuen Kenpuchou. So I wonder why nobody has picked it up. Well, not really, since one would expect somebody to complete the first season first. Was it that bad?
Slice of Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-28, 10:46   Link #13
Zappster

Tokyo Majin Gakuen Kenpuchou is oversubbed now? I thought there was only one group on it at the moment. Hardly the definition of oversubbing if true.
Zappster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-28, 13:47   Link #14
Slice of Life
eyewitness

Ah, sorry. I've read Shinsen, Triumph, Ryomi where is was Shinsen, Triumph + Ryomi. Two groups, that's not oversubbed. But as we know, three makes a harem (of subbers) .
Slice of Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-28, 15:00   Link #15
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Only one group has released subs of Majin though. AndrewLB's wiki only lists the intention to sub.

To answer your original question, Mendoi are still subbing the first series but they're using DVD raws, which is why releases are stalled atm. Plus they're not called Mendoi for nothing, heh. And there's nothing wrong with Himawari! at all. It's a fun little show that deserves much more love than it gets.

As for the second series I'm a bit behind. I've only seen the first ep. But I intend to catch up soon. I like the sound of ep 4 a lot, but I bet they find nothing in there...
Old 2007-01-29, 02:31   Link #16
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
I couldn't believe it, but Kaoru Chuujo actually said Aya Hirano didn't do a good job for this series on his (her?) blog (Though the rest of it is almost giving me a heart attack with the mecha bashing, especially the part about Galaxy Railways, that and everything on there ranges from not interested to loathed by me. I hereby dub Hashisme the anti-MAHQ). Illness and pain of the brain aside, nonetheless I did a decupal take and it's there clear as day. He...Actually...Said...It, the champion of light hearted series said it. The person I've never disagreed more completely with on anime has finally agreed with me for once (Face I'm not an emotional guy, I don't get the whole tugging at the heart thing, what I get is solid characters and good drama, that's what brings a tear to my eye at the end of a well crafted story). I honestly don't even know what to say, but the fact that he (she?) could admit fault with her has earned my respect for his (her?) blog and anime critique site quite a bit (I thought Kaoru would let Aya's not-up-to-par performance in the Himawari Franchise slide, but I've been surprised). I wonder how this series will go.

Maybe its the fact she's not used to doing a quiter character. I forget the name but she never held the quiet withdrawn character in the first series from what I saw (5 episodes I think), she would just keep slipping back into the hyper Aya Hirano we all know her as. She needs to get more of these roles though to nail that part through practice if she really wants to be in the Yui Horie, Romi Paku, Rie Kugimiya caliber of playing multiple types of characters.

This is one for the books to be sure.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2007-01-29 at 02:56.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-29, 06:15   Link #17
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post

Maybe its the fact she's not used to doing a quiter character. I forget the name but she never held the quiet withdrawn character in the first series from what I saw (5 episodes I think), she would just keep slipping back into the hyper Aya Hirano we all know her as. She needs to get more of these roles though to nail that part through practice if she really wants to be in the Yui Horie, Romi Paku, Rie Kugimiya caliber of playing multiple types of characters.
Yep, that's pretty much it. The first season of Himawari aired at the same time as Haruhi, but Aya Hirano had a much smaller, less frenetic role as Shikimi so she went largely unnoticed (same can be said of her turn as Pachira in Magipoka). Now though, as she's so famous, she's a little underwhelming in Himawari!! because people expect her to be like Haruhi. Instead Shikimi's a pensive reserved character which doesn't really appear to suit her seiyuu's hyper-kenetic style.

I personally think Aya Hirano puts in a good effort, but probably knows (career-wise) Himawari isn't the greatest forum for her talents. Kana Matsumoto on the otherhand has only worked on this show so she's full of enthusiasm and it shows. Whether she'll ever make an impact elsewhere remains to be seen. Her voice is too distinctive and unrefined that maybe she find it hard to find a different role, unless she has a hidden range that we've yet to hear.

Last edited by Sonhex; 2007-01-29 at 06:25.
Old 2007-02-03, 16:52   Link #18
hi no ken Jebus

Spoiler for ep5:
Old 2007-02-06, 02:20   Link #19
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

ep 5 ~ i think that i would actually consider dropping this series tbh ~ it isnt going anywhere and the randomness has been boring me for quite some time now >.< *sigh* maybe its cause i didnt have the experience of S1 and is therefore lacking motivation (love) for the characters ~

Old 2007-02-15, 04:22   Link #20
Snipergod87

Subbers?

Unfortunally i am not very fluent at all in japanese, does anybody knwo if there will be subbers for this?, the last season the subbers stopped at episode 6 and i had to buy a DVD version to watch the rest of it. So any idea if it will be subbed or will i have to wait for a DVD release?
Snipergod87 is offline   Reply With Quote