AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2006-08-30, 19:08   Link #201
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Neu Herzogtum Zeon
Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmaster192

Yzaks gouf=Force Impules IMO. Shinn is a higher ranked soldier then Yzak. Yzak doesn't hold the power to disciplin him.

Well, I delightly recall the incident where Yzak actually kicked some Druggie's ass in the first few episodes of Destiny. In a ZAKU, no less.

As for Shinn outranking Yzak? Not really. It was not until Shinn gets FAITH did he finally had the capacity to do things as he saw fit. However, Faith does not allow anyone to question the authorities of Fleet Commanders. Even Athrun had to inform Glydis before going on a mission by himself. Athrun did not appear to have the power to alter the course of the Minerva or direct entire ZAFT fleet operations.

When Shinn was just a red, Yzak by default, outranked him. Especially given the fact that Yzak too, had a few reds under him. One being his rumored work-wife, Shiho Hahnenfuss.

- Tak (While the GOUF is arguably a pretty good suit, its still not a Gundam, but a Grunt suit. On a side note, compared to the ZAKU, the Gouf was a sad replacement of a grunt suit, and one with very limited options in the game 'Generation of CE'. Albeit in Yzak's case, its an 'upgrade' )
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-30, 19:16   Link #202
grandmaster192
Zechs, pilot of Tallgeese
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak
Well, I delightly recall the incident where Yzak actually kicked some Druggie's ass in the first few episodes of Destiny. In a ZAKU, no less.

As for Shinn outranking Yzak? Not really. It was not until Shinn gets FAITH did he finally had the capacity to do things as he saw fit. However, Faith does not allow anyone to question the authorities of Fleet Commanders. Even Athrun had to inform Glydis before going on a mission by himself. Athrun did not appear to have the power to alter the course of the Minerva or direct entire ZAFT fleet operations.

When Shinn was just a red, Yzak by default, outranked him. Especially given the fact that Yzak too, had a few reds under him. One being his rumored work-wife, Shiho Hahnenfuss.

- Tak (While the GOUF is arguably a pretty good suit, its still not a Gundam, but a Grunt suit. On a side note, compared to the ZAKU, the Gouf was a sad replacement of a grunt suit, and one with very limited options in the game 'Generation of CE'. Albeit in Yzak's case, its an 'upgrade' )
Well this is what I am seeing....

"FAITH (Fast Acting Intergrate Tactical Headquarters) is an elite subset of ZAFT personnel that have remarkable war records and certain character traits. They are appointed by the PLANT council or the Chairman, to whom they are solely answerable. Their authority is above those of Squadron Commanders, and can presumably give strategic orders on the spot or override any orders given to them by anyone other than the Council."

I say FAITH outranks a comamnder.

(And I don't care if the Gouf is not a gundam. I still think it's as good or better then the Force Impulse.)
grandmaster192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-30, 19:21   Link #203
Silent Soldier
Z.A.F.T Ace
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In My Happy Place
Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmaster192
Well this is what I am seeing....

"FAITH (Fast Acting Intergrate Tactical Headquarters) is an elite subset of ZAFT personnel that have remarkable war records and certain character traits. They are appointed by the PLANT council or the Chairman, to whom they are solely answerable. Their authority is above those of Squadron Commanders, and can presumably give strategic orders on the spot or override any orders given to them by anyone other than the Council."

I say FAITH outranks a comamnder.

(And I don't care if the Gouf is not a gundam. I still think it's as good or better then the Force Impulse.)
That is the official defenition of FAITH but they are going to have to answer to the chairman yes but I think at the very least they have to inform the squadron commanders of there intentions before taking action. And depending on what the decision is even if the commander doesn't have the authority to say no you can't do that he can still choose not to support the decision of the FAITH member, and now that the chairman is dead that whole system of FAITH might be dismantled and if that's the case Shinn is a red again and red is always below white he will have to take orders from someone like Yzak.

The impulse has phase shift and the ability to change it's equipment based on the situation not to mention the whole core fighter ejection system. The Gouf can not do any of that it is an inferior suit unless perhaps the impulse is being piloted by a novice fresh out of the academy and the Gouf by a veteran pilot.
__________________
Silent Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-30, 19:24   Link #204
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Neu Herzogtum Zeon
Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmaster192
"FAITH (Fast Acting Intergrate Tactical Headquarters) is an elite subset of ZAFT personnel that have remarkable war records and certain character traits. They are appointed by the PLANT council or the Chairman, to whom they are solely answerable. Their authority is above those of Squadron Commanders, and can presumably give strategic orders on the spot or override any orders given to them by anyone other than the Council."
I don't know where you got the information from for the latter half of the paragraph. Nonetheless, no FAITH member in GSD ever gave strategic orders or override the orders of existing operations on the spot. An example: When Minerva was chasing down the Archangel, its ZAFT collegues, who were doing the exact same thing, downright ignored Glydis' surrender request, and continued firing despite her protests.

Besides, it makes a moot point now because the chairman is dead. In present terms, Shinn is just a red, and red is always below white.

Moreover, Yzak's is no longer a Squadron Commander. If properly defined by today's terms, it makes him an admiral, as he has two battleships under his administration.

- Tak
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-30, 19:30   Link #205
grandmaster192
Zechs, pilot of Tallgeese
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Soldier
That is the official defenition of FAITH but they are going to have to answer to the chairman yes but I think at the very least they have to inform the squadron commanders of there intentions before taking action. And depending on what the decision is even if the commander doesn't have the authority to say no you can't do that he can still choose not to support the decision of the FAITH member.
They can do that but If a FAITH member wants to do something theres nothing a Commander can do about it. FAITH out ranks a commmander and can pretty mutch do what ever they want.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Soldier
The impulse has phase shift and the ability to change it's equipment based on the situation not to mention the whole core fighter ejection system. The Gouf can not do any of that it is an inferior suit unless perhaps the impulse is being piloted by a novice fresh out of the academy and the Gouf by a veteran pilot.
The gouf has better melee weapons and has a better gun. I think the Gouf is just as good as the Force Impulse.
grandmaster192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-30, 19:43   Link #206
anselfir
Style ‹ber Alles
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NYC/Chicago
Well now since kira is pretty much the embodiment of godliness plus the influence of Lacus, not to mention the presumably large role of the clyne faction/peace loving moderates present in the reorganized zaft, the ranks are ceremonial to him. Perhaps Lacus liked the white uni or something.
__________________
anselfir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-30, 20:12   Link #207
Obi-Wan
Mr. Folgers! Wassup, suh?
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak
I don't know where you got the information from for the latter half of the paragraph. Nonetheless, no FAITH member in GSD ever gave strategic orders or override the orders of existing operations on the spot. An example: When Minerva was chasing down the Archangel, its ZAFT collegues, who were doing the exact same thing, downright ignored Glydis' surrender request, and continued firing despite her protests.
When Meyrin is all joygasming about Athrun and telling Vino and Yolant that him and the captain are both in FAITH, Yolant straight up says that they have the ability to superceed the decisions of other field commanders. I'm sure the reason Willard ignored Talia's surrender request is because the order to shoot down Archangel came from Military HQ (aka Gilbert), and FAITH does not superceed their authority.
__________________
Obi-Wan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-26, 08:16   Link #208
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 28
Anyway, my comments on Kira in the white uniform: I say, give us the red uniform, and make sure that the FAITH pin is on it!!

Actually, given the nature of FAITH, even if Lacus becomes the leader of PLANT, she wouldn't scrap the group by default. People were appointed to FAITH based on their character and abilities, for the most part. (This, to me, excludes Shinn and Rey) It's important to note that FAITH members aren't the lackeys of the Chairman. That's why they were respected.
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-03, 20:58   Link #209
Dave21
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Can you guys please explain for me ?

I have just seen Gundam seed desteny !
and it was soo GOOD ! loved it !!
This was my first Gundam anime.
So at first i dident know that Gundam seed desteny was a follow up that it was Seassion 2. only saw all flash backs and i tought wtf...this seems strange.
So after like 20 episodes i saw that there is Gundam Seed (era 71).
And that all does flash backs has to be the first gundam....
Well thats makes me very sad i just loved it ! and i really woud like to see Gundam seed first and know the story and everything before Gundam seed desteny but thats to late
But think im gona try to buy the first Gundam seed but it will be strange to see part 1 when you alredy seen part 2

But can you guys explain to me how many series there are ?
First is GUNDAM SEED.....then....GUNDAM SEED DESTENY.
And what is after ????
Is ther more in the Story??
Dont it end at Gundam seed desteny when the chairman and Plant get defeated?

And were can i buy them ?


TY !
Dave21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-04, 14:39   Link #210
srb
I can see time itself!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Kingdom of Sweden
Age: 27
Send a message via MSN to srb
Look at the stickied topics here in the forum for a list of the different Gundam anime shows.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-06, 06:36   Link #211
kira-sama
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Send a message via MSN to kira-sama Send a message via Yahoo to kira-sama
like i said in special edition thread that's i'm not agree kira in ZAFT even it was aleady official "sigh"
kira-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-06, 10:28   Link #212
Neku
yare yare..
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Earth (:
Whoa.. is this off already? Anyways, I managed to read till around page 6.. got lazy, and skipped to page 11; read the first post and, Tak, I'd really like to see Yzak disciplining Shinn <3

Anyways, on-topic:
My first thought of why Kira actually wore a ZAFT uniform was that he wanted to protect Lacus. I thought that, after Meer's death, they(scriptwriters) would make Lacus impersonate as Meer or something, and Kira insists to go with her; bodyguard, ya know.

But after reading this topic, my second thought was that if it is AFTER Durandal's fall, and Kira joins ZAFT, it would probably mean that they are making Kira and Lacus's situation kinda like Athrun and Cagalli's at the start of GSD, except for the fact that Kira is an official.

I highly doubt Kira would be commanding any ship though. I've always thought him wearing that uniform or doing anything like that was always and solely to protect Lacus only(the reason he unleashed Freedom was also because Lacus was in danger), and Lacus gives him a high rank to ensure uh.. power, authority? I mean.. it's just a uniform >_>

Anyways, I love the fact that he enters ZAFT because it could mean more Kira/Lacus scenes. It was lacked. >.<;;

PS: Now that I think of it.. Kira in red is better :P
__________________
Reborn!
(with nosebleed)
Neku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-06, 20:27   Link #213
M_Flores
Count of Monte Dorifto
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Isla De Monte Dorifto
Send a message via MSN to M_Flores
I like white ZAFT Kira even more now - he's gotten rid of the sleeper look and finally looked like something fearsome and flauntable instead of that innocent, goody-goody teddy bear look. Kira in white ZAFT actually looks more like a BOSS character rather than a hero - which is very pleasing because his MS is really powerful now and his image has to keep up as well.
M_Flores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-24, 10:51   Link #214
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
http://www.zeonic-republic.net/forum...1164383341.jpg

And now all hell breaks loose...
__________________
「では、人間は、何故、戦うのか?
戦うことに存在意義があるのかもしれない。
戦っている人間には充実感がある。
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And itís also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-24, 11:57   Link #215
Obi-Wan
Mr. Folgers! Wassup, suh?
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
Well, looks like all you doubters just got kicked in the nuts.
__________________
Obi-Wan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-24, 12:27   Link #216
Last_Hope
System/Web developer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
What I´m interested in is why Kira joins ZAFT. His reasons for joining the side that´s been his enemy for more or less the entire time during the two wars. But I got to say that it´s nice to see that Kira of all people (considering his history with ZAFT) gets a higher rank right away than Shinn.

That picture, by the way, is from..?

And I see Athrun finally decided to stay as an Orb officer aswell. These things makes my hopes for the movie rise a bit. It would be kind of fun to see Kira lead a group in battle consisting of Shinn and Lunamaria.
__________________

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Last_Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-24, 19:07   Link #217
mikyu
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
there must be a damn good reason that I will accept this! you (don't mean you deacon ) can show me whatever you want I won't accept that kira joins zaft! I won't!
mikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-24, 19:32   Link #218
wingdarkness
Retweet Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ニュー・オーリンズ、LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
Says the bringer of good fortune ...

I think I see Heine too ...Now that would pwn the Zaft-suit news! Well can't wait to see Kira control his fleet with that take-charge attitude he has ..."Tally-ho!!!"
__________________
Fly since ...
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-24, 19:44   Link #219
DarkWarrior
Anaheim Electronics
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Says the bringer of good fortune ...

I think I see Heine too ...Now that would pwn the Zaft-suit news! Well can't wait to see Kira control his fleet with that take-charge attitude he has ..."Tally-ho!!!"
.. that's Hilda, the leader of the Dom Trio.
DarkWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-24, 20:08   Link #220
brightman
Ancient Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
Luna finally wears pants?!?!

damn right that all hell breaks loose...

Anyway, why ZAFT? Kira's cooler when he's fighting for the Britannia Empire.
__________________
Copyright © 2014 Brightman
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:20.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.