AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2006-08-21, 02:16   Link #41
Obi-Wan
Mr. Folgers! Wassup, suh?
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanxthre
Only read you saying SOMETHING LIKE THAT 500 times since i joined what's this 501?
What, "Oh the irony"?

Quote:
Now that's irony. You not liking something about GSD...Anyways we can agree on that.
There's plenty I dislike about GSD, I just try not to act like it's the personification of satan like the people who claim to hate it do. Now, why don't you knock off the trolling and let's get back to discussing how Kira joining ZAFT is a bad idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmaster192
I can see why you would still watch. You love Kira and the original seed cast. I don't. I like the GSD cast better. I would probably only watch the episodes that Shinn fights if this true. I could see why a fan of the original seed would still watch.
I gave the GSD cast a shot. Hell I even enjoyed Durandal and Djibril quite a bit. It's not my fault everyone else was so poorly developed that I had to fall back on favoring the already well developed original cast. Plus I was never to high on any of the new MS or ships. Much prefer the older stuff. But I don't watch because I like one group of characters better. That makes watching more fun, but I watch first and foremost because I like Gundam and because I like the CE universe in general.
__________________
Obi-Wan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-21, 02:19   Link #42
hanxthre
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Fighting Gingivitis
Well why do you think it's a bad idea?
hanxthre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-21, 02:22   Link #43
Tak
DIN = DAS IST NORM!
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Neu Herzogtum Zeon
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanxthre
I doubt Morsawa wrote their story I hate when people try to bring ancient historical examples into the realm of futuristic fanboy plot movements, but whatever...
Now now, you were the one who said:

"It's just so funny, because a rag-tag group of fighters can automatically become the leaders of Orb then Plant...I wish the real-world was this cool^^..."

Well, but you see... that is exactly what the list of my examples did... during the course of history, see

- Tak
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-21, 02:24   Link #44
SNT1
r0x0rz j00r b0x0rz
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
I'm thinking not alot of people who claims to 'not watch SEED anymore' would be able to keep that oath when this already predominantly SEED-based forum starts to talk about what happens to Kira's gang (bitching included) come GSD SE, and NOT be tempted to watch what the heck actually happened, that's all

after all, even if I joke about this whole whitecoat thing, there arent any solid proof of what actually will happen and how it will happen...
SNT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-21, 02:27   Link #45
Obi-Wan
Mr. Folgers! Wassup, suh?
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Well Kira is with Orb for nearly all of GSD, him hopping over to ZAFT (one of Orb's enemies) seems odd to me. I also don't see him as a commander of a ship, unless he's commanding over people like Athrun, Waltfeld, Mu, etc. people he's already fought with. And also, Kira was very passionate about not trusting ZAFT or the PLANTs during GSD...it would help if there was some timeline about this when he joins ZAFT because right now it's all speculative, but if he was so wary of ZAFT then why would he join... that's what's throwing me for a loop, and that's why I think if anything, he's going undercover.

I still refuse to believe Lacus is in any kind of position of political power in the PLANT council. She is a very well respected person and all, but I don't think she's taking over the entire government. Despite what you jump-to-conclusions people want to think, I don't believe it until there's clear proof of it.
__________________
Obi-Wan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-21, 02:31   Link #46
hanxthre
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Fighting Gingivitis
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNT1
I'm thinking not alot of people who claims to 'not watch SEED anymore' would be able to keep that oath when this already predominantly SEED-based forum starts to talk about what happens to Kira's gang (bitching included) come GSD SE, and NOT be tempted to watch what the heck actually happened, that's all

after all, even if I joke about this whole whitecoat thing, there arent any solid proof of what actually will happen and how it will happen...


No I'll watch because I watch Gundam whether it's good or bad...I actually love ZZ because of it's hilarious take, but when a Gundam series tries to be serious and winds up being hilarious i'll watch it like i'd watch a wreck on the highway...GSD is a wreck on the freeway, but I thought the point of the specials was to make that wreck less like a 50 ep pile-up and more like a fender bender...Seeing Kira in a white-coat now means ZAFT is the true, good side and it makes me question the point of all of this that's all. especially if it's just a fanboy thing...


Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-wan
Well Kira is with Orb for nearly all of GSD, him hopping over to ZAFT (one of Orb's enemies) seems odd to me. I also don't see him as a commander of a ship, unless he's commanding over people like Athrun, Waltfeld, Mu, etc. people he's already fought with. And also, Kira was very passionate about not trusting ZAFT or the PLANTs during GSD...it would help if there was some timeline about this when he joins ZAFT because right now it's all speculative, but if he was so wary of ZAFT then why would he join... that's what's throwing me for a loop, and that's why I think if anything, he's going undercover.

I still refuse to believe Lacus is in any kind of position of political power in the PLANT council. She is a very well respected person and all, but I don't think she's taking over the entire government. Despite what you jump-to-conclusions people want to think, I don't believe it until there's clear proof of it.
Well I agree with most of that and I find those reasonings pretty much the same as mine, but what would Kira being going undercover about? Surely someone would see him in a HIGH RANKING OUTFIT...It's not like he's in a basic red or green suit...and I totally disagree with you about Lacus...If the entire PLANTS listen to her and her clone MEER like zombies almost (even after Final Plus when she was telling ZAFT to stop the fighting), I have no doubts she could be incorporated into PLANTS hierachy of government and do what she pleases...If we have been taught anything about the CE, that's that Lacus does what she pleases, when she pleases...and the PLANTS love her.
hanxthre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-21, 02:37   Link #47
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
The question here is, why must Kira wearing a white be literally taken as a fact that he joins ZAFT officially, quid pro quo?

It's much safer to assume that by the end of GSD, Kira became some sort of a Terminal double-agent, in which by Lacus's side (( which he'll probably be by 90% of the time )), he takes on a role as Lacus's ZAFT escort, Yamato-taichou or *some alias*-taichou and therefore needs to present a dignifying image as a ZAFT white commander. That's the only logical choice unless you want Kira to actually be in the PLANT Council, holding political power and giving Kira a red or green + FAITH or something is dumb, since we all know Lacus gives the best to Kira (( even SF's CIWS is better than IJ's )) and FAITH is pretty much degraded in GSD to be Dullindal's boyscout patrol to be intergrated seriously by Lacus.

Kira can't strut around by Lacus in PLANT political chambers and ZAFT hallways looking like some TMR goth singer, ORB General, EA Lt. Junior Grade, or some measly green coat. White's pretty much the most logical choice, unless you want PLANT Council Member/ZAFT Chairman Kira Yamato.

And by Cagalli's side when he needs to be (( There's no way Kira gonna let Athrun handle Cagalli all on his own forever, if Athrun's gonna stay in ORB that is )), he's Yamato-shogun or even Attha-shogun, considering how Cagalli's blood-bond with Kira doesn't seem to be all that big of a national secret.

Actually, whatever new uniform Kira wears will pretty much be bashed at so long as it retains his superiority standard (( which he deserves for being Lacus's man and #1 pilot )) over Shinn.

And on the topic of us homies liking GSD, I will say that GSD has a lot of flaws, and the same can be said for a lot of other animes as well. I don't know about Obi-Wan, but to me, enjoyment of an anime isn't justified by the package quality of an anime. Martian Successor Nadesico and Prince of Darkness ranks as one of my top 5 favourite mecha series ever, but to be honest, I can find GSD level/amount of flaws in those series if I want to. Especially their endings.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-21, 02:38   Link #48
SNT1
r0x0rz j00r b0x0rz
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
well, if you listened to what other posters say, It wouldnt make sense for Kira to be in an Orb coat after all this. Of course still speculation, but Lacus is looking like she has power by then.

as for who's the good side, it doesnt matter. Kira downed everything in GSD, murasames, ZAKUs and Windams. The good side is the side Lacus is in atm. This shouldnt be a surprise...
SNT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-21, 02:42   Link #49
monster
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Wan
Well Kira is with Orb for nearly all of GSD, him hopping over to ZAFT (one of Orb's enemies) seems odd to me. I also don't see him as a commander of a ship, unless he's commanding over people like Athrun, Waltfeld, Mu, etc. people he's already fought with. And also, Kira was very passionate about not trusting ZAFT or the PLANTs during GSD...it would help if there was some timeline about this when he joins ZAFT because right now it's all speculative, but if he was so wary of ZAFT then why would he join... that's what's throwing me for a loop, and that's why I think if anything, he's going undercover.

I still refuse to believe Lacus is in any kind of position of political power in the PLANT council. She is a very well respected person and all, but I don't think she's taking over the entire government. Despite what you jump-to-conclusions people want to think, I don't believe it until there's clear proof of it.
If it happens, it'll probably happen post GSD. And if that is the case, I don't see why some influential people with a pro-Clyne affiliation (like Dullindal was supposed to be), if not Lacus herself, can't make Kira a ZAFT soldier if he agrees with it. After all, it wasn't about the whole ZAFT or EA being the bad guys, it's about the leaders being on different sides. And if Dullindal, the relevant leader of ZAFT is gone...well, we'll see what happens when it happens.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-21, 02:49   Link #50
hanxthre
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Fighting Gingivitis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale
Kira can't strut around by Lacus in PLANT political chambers and ZAFT hallways looking like some TMR goth singer, ORB General, EA Lt. Junior Grade, or some measly green coat. White's pretty much the most logical choice, unless you want PLANT Council Member/ZAFT Chairman Kira Yamato.
Boy your asking for alot of ignorance by high class ZAFT officials to be fooled by a non-legitimate white-coater with a legitimate Lacus Clyne...I suspect anyone with half a brain in high government would ask where did that white-coat guy come from?? If they already don't know all of the high ranking commanders themselves anyways...And the fact that he would be escorting a new PLANT national governmental figure like Lacus would make me scrutinize it more not less...I'd be like ,"Didn't Lacus just get reinstated, whose the white-coat?" I'm sure kira will have to salute someone who won't know who the hell he is...I'm sure some Durandel loyalists in ZAFT might know what Kira Yamato looks like...I'm telling you guys, this is probably gonna be totally legitimate thru Lacus..I'm putting my bets on the table...ZAFT are the pure guys now.
hanxthre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-21, 02:58   Link #51
SNT1
r0x0rz j00r b0x0rz
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
ehhh, Kira's possible sudden ZAFT entry is probably as logical as Athrun joining ZAFT after fighting against them.. and thats ok in CE.
SNT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-21, 03:00   Link #52
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
The last time, he wore a Red uniform and stole a gundam. Now he wears a White, he's gonna steal a whole ship.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-21, 03:11   Link #53
tritoch
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Chi-town
Fanboys sieged this thread. O,o

WOW

im a pro-GSD supporter, in fact, i like every gundam series. Stop with the whining.
__________________
All time Fave list:Honey and Clover; Saiunkoku Monogatari; Kodomo no Omocha; Air/Kanon; Infinite Ryvius; Bartender; Nana; Char's Counter Attack; Shadow Skill TV
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-21, 03:14   Link #54
SNT1
r0x0rz j00r b0x0rz
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by tritoch
Fanboys sieged this forum. O,o

WOW
fix'd.....

tis all gewd.
SNT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-21, 03:15   Link #55
aeriolewinters
Gin-Sama no Tameni!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Balanga City, Bataan, Philippines
Send a message via Yahoo to aeriolewinters
^ Well, when I saw that , I was thinking...
"The Minerva will be gone in 60 seconds."
__________________
Mercury Lampe
aeriolewinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-21, 03:17   Link #56
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Considering how biased outsiders like Luna thought of Athrun in the Jachin Due War rather than traitor, blew up expensive ZAFT property, Gundam thief, etc, it's safe to assume that Freedom's records in the first war was clean as well. All Lacus needs to do is add a name into Freedom's records by the name of Kira Yamato and we'll see noob red-coats fangirling/fanboying over Kira in no time.

It's not like Kira's ZAFT resume will be posted

1. Piloted Strike Gundam which owned your house.
2. Beaten aces like Miguel, Nicol, Marco, Waltfeld, etc.
3. Stole your Freedom behind your backs.
4. Yzak Jule, a white coat was my bitch back when I piloted Strike.
5. I persuaded Rey to turn to the light.
6. etc
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-21, 03:44   Link #57
aeriolewinters
Gin-Sama no Tameni!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Balanga City, Bataan, Philippines
Send a message via Yahoo to aeriolewinters
Quote:
Yzak Jule, a white coat was my bitch back when I piloted Strike.
7.Made love with Lacus Clyne's #1 hater
__________________
Mercury Lampe
aeriolewinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-21, 03:45   Link #58
srb
I can see time itself!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Kingdom of Sweden
Age: 28
Send a message via MSN to srb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak
Well, history provided us with many examples of the sort...

For example...

The Romans...
The Mongols...
Neither of these were "rag-tag fighters". The Romans used assimilation and superior tactics as their tools, instead of acts of individual heroism, and the Mongols were supreme horsemen and warriors and used the enemy's acts of bravery against them by leading them into staged ambushes.

And should Kira really be a whitecoat?
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-21, 03:53   Link #59
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Why not? As far as I can tell, Zaft puts an emphasis on piloting skills when giving ranks, and Kira's up there.

The real question is, should he hold a command? The answer is "probably not."
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-21, 07:29   Link #60
kari-no-sugata
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
btw, nobody seemed to comment on Kira's colouring on his uniform. Seems to be the same as Yzak's:

who's rank is listed as "commander" AFAIK.

Except Kira has a bit of green on his belt. It's possible it's an "honourary" position. If he's permanently with ZAFT, he's gone several ranks down since leaving Orb...


Talia's is like this:
kari-no-sugata is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:28.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.