AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2006-08-21, 14:22   Link #81
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Fighting against those who oppress the system
I hope not. ZAFT already has too many victories so I can't believe how overpowered ZAFT will be if Kira joins.
__________________

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-21, 14:43   Link #82
AirMaster
キャシャーン
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Age: 28
Send a message via MSN to AirMaster Send a message via Skype™ to AirMaster
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2
I hope not. ZAFT already has too many victories so I can't believe how overpowered ZAFT will be if Kira joins.
Didn't they lose both wars? :/
AirMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-21, 14:49   Link #83
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Neu Herzogtum Zeon
^ Technically, but they came out from both wars with the least collateral damage.

- Tak
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-21, 14:55   Link #84
_X12A_Testament
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaZEROCustom
Forgive me, but when the hell did we see any absolute evidence of a regime change? All we saw were the ships and Gundam escorts and then Lacus walking to the council meeting hall. That doiesn't mean a regime change in any way. For all we know, she's going as a sort of UN-esque representative. The EA could have someone there too. Or she could just be returning to the roll she was once in, and that Meer was in, that being to rally the people of the PLANTs under the new council/chairperson.

FINAL PLUS showed us nothing of what Lacus would be doing, just that she was returning to the PLANTs for SOME reason. SE4 will hopefully expand on what we saw in FINAL PLUS.

That seemed to be the impression, but it could be seen as vague I guess. However considering her contributions to saving the people of PLANT and that last F+ scene (which had all sorts of implied imagery), combined with the backlash against Durandal's ZAFT, I think she will be a little more than a rep or a rallying pop star.... The latter being a total character regression.

Whether or not it will be under Lacus (there is less evidence to the contrary at this point), it seems obvious that there IS going to be a regime change for ZAFT.
_X12A_Testament is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-21, 15:12   Link #85
Obi-Wan
Mr. Folgers! Wassup, suh?
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak
Guys, can we just agree that Kira looks 'tight' in that uniform?

Does it make fangirls scream in glee? Yes.

Does it sell? Yes.

Does it give straight-men a hard-on? I hope not.

Ok, problem solved.

- Tak
I'm still not sold on the idea and I think he doesn't look natural wearing ZAFT uniforms. The Earth Forces and Orb uniforms seem to agree more with his look. The red ZAFT one was all right, but the white one just doesn't do it for me. So I'd say he looks anything but 'tight' in that uni.
__________________
Obi-Wan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-21, 15:14   Link #86
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Neu Herzogtum Zeon
^ Well Mr. Obi-Wan, you are also not a fangirl. Consider that fortunate.

- Tak (I consider his ORB uniform to be the best, but thats just me)
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-21, 15:15   Link #87
_X12A_Testament
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
What is the rank of the blackcoat ZAFT officials that are bowing to Lacus? It says on wikipedia that it is Military Bureaucracy ranking...
_X12A_Testament is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-21, 15:16   Link #88
SNT1
r0x0rz j00r b0x0rz
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
ZAFT with Shinn Kira and Athrun powerful? maybe. don't know. I would like Sven (if he doesnt die in the manga) to duke it out with any of these guys in a SEED movie....
SNT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-21, 15:19   Link #89
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Funny, I like the white Zaft uniform best, and the red one least.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-21, 15:24   Link #90
Renegade334
Exitus Acta Probat
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Permanent retirement from raws-hunting
Age: 28
Those bowing are (blackcoat) commanders (there are no specific ranks for ZAFT) but IIRC they're still beneath Yzak since he's a whitecoat and whitecoats are blackcoats distinguished for their accomplishments on the battlefield - meaning, ace blackcoats. If you invert the colors (now a purple garb with black lining, cuffs and shoulder pads) then those are HQ general, garrison commanders, Supreme Council members, etc, etc.

http://images.gundams.net/displayima...bum=36&pos=554
- in here you can see the purplecoats (ZAFT's Supreme Council members) and the non-military Council members (blue-green attire).

-- second pic:
The Supreme Council, most probably - but that doesn't mean she presides over it. She can be an ambassador for Terminal, an advisor or PLANT's newly appointed spokesperson. Her charisma can be effectively used to calm down a still chaotic nation, but I'm not sure she would take PLANT's reins for more than a few months or years.

Moreover, an interview following Phase 50 (not final plus) with a staff member stated that Yzak was most probably the next one in line to succeed Durandal as Chairman. As such, it's not impossible for her to act mediator or counselor until elections are being held.
__________________
<< -- Click to enter my GFX thread.

-- Permanently retired from the raw-hunting business --
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-21, 15:28   Link #91
_X12A_Testament
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
You make some good points. I think it could go either way honestly and thats probably how they want the fans to think, it is a cliffhanger moment for sure.
_X12A_Testament is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-21, 15:32   Link #92
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Neu Herzogtum Zeon
Yzak as chairman? heh... heh heh... oh boy... *cold sweat*.

That man can do things even Lacus couldn't come up with.

- Tak
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-21, 15:32   Link #93
Obi-Wan
Mr. Folgers! Wassup, suh?
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Purple uni is for National Defense Committee members iirc. That's what Patrick Zala always wore, and Yuri Amalfi too.
__________________
Obi-Wan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-21, 15:35   Link #94
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Lacus isn't the chairperson, and she can't just insert herself as a chairperson either. ZAFT and PLANT have a democratic proccess in order to elect their representatives to the Supreme Council. Hence why people can resign and what not just like normal officials. Lacus is just there to help them on the path to peace. She can't do ANYTHING regardless of her 'famed' status in both wars because it would go against their form of government. If anything, the new "acting" chairperson is Neu Kazaefsky, the person shaking Cagalli's hand in the end of Final Plus. :/

Quote:
Moreover, an interview following Phase 50 (not final plus) with a staff member stated that Yzak was most probably the next one in line to succeed Durandal as Chairman. As such, it's not impossible for her to act mediator or counselor until elections are being held.
More than likely it was a joke comment. The interviews contain nothing official in them because they are purely 'off the record' and highly opinionated, hence why anything that Fukuda said about crap happening in SEED and DESTINY is not official (the Fllay bomb, etc). Besides, Yzak taking over as ruler of the PLANTs is by far the dumbest comment ever made by a staff member or actor. I mean seriously... he's not the type of character that can sit in an office doing nothing. He's too hot blooded and he'd be nuking everything that moved or looked at him funny.
__________________
「では、人間は、何故、戦うのか?
戦うことに存在意義があるのかもしれない。
戦っている人間には充実感がある。
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And itís also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-21, 15:40   Link #95
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Neu Herzogtum Zeon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues
Besides, Yzak taking over as ruler of the PLANTs is by far the dumbest comment ever made by a staff member or actor. I mean seriously... he's not the type of character that can sit in an office doing nothing. He's too hot blooded and he'd be nuking everything that moved or looked at him funny.
Dumb as it may be, it sure made my day. I mean, just imagine Yzak... sitting in an office flipping paper. The thought itself is purty tempting.

- Tak
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-21, 15:44   Link #96
Renegade334
Exitus Acta Probat
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Permanent retirement from raws-hunting
Age: 28
Wait a minute...
If only I could find it...
Ah, here:

http://blog.yam.com/ekliptiko/archives/655916.html

It's a "Chinese traditional translation of 'GSD 20 questions on 2005 Nov Animage magazine".

Quote:
"What happens to the PLANT government now?
No offical agreement, but the production crew believe Yzak had a good chance to take over. Regadless of his personality, Yzak is respected in PLANT high society."
And:

Quote:
What happens to the PLANT council after Dullindal has died?
Back during SEED, a new chairman was elected after a complete reorganization of the council, so perhaps this time it will be rebuilt in a similar fashion. Some say Yzak will be the new chairman. That guy looks like the kind of guy for this job, and his current position is pretty high.
The link doesn't work anymore but it was also posted here at Animesuki by Vallen Chaos Valiant if my memory serves me well.

I should also concede that this dates back from November 2005 so the staff might have changed its mind between now and back then.
__________________
<< -- Click to enter my GFX thread.

-- Permanently retired from the raw-hunting business --
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-21, 15:45   Link #97
hanxthre
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Fighting Gingivitis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon blues
Lacus isn't the chairperson, and she can't just insert herself as a chairperson either. ZAFT and PLANT have a democratic proccess in order to elect their representatives to the Supreme Council
Hmm...Let me see. Who do i vote for?

Candidate A) Some old white guy

Candidate B) The Pixie Princess who makes us all smile and subliminally rapes our minds via singing

I'd hate to see my name vs. hers on a ballot. I think you fail to realize Lacus's fame superceeds logic..It always has, so why would one totally dismiss it now?? Just look at that pic where she's sitting in that chair an every high ranking ZAFT official stands behind her. She is the last person in the CE I would ever underestimate.
hanxthre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-21, 16:01   Link #98
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico
Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
@Regenerate

Irregardless if it was from a magazine or not, we've come to understand that interviews in there aren't always worth 2 cents. Keyword in that 'translation' is believe meaning diddly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanxthre
Hmm...Let me see. Who do i vote for?

Candidate A) Some old white guy

Candidate B) The Pixie Princess who makes us all smile and subliminally rapes our minds via singing

I'd hate to see my name vs. hers on a ballot. I think you fail to realize Lacus's fame superceeds logic..It always has, so why would one totally dismiss it now?? Just look at that pic where she's sitting in that chair an every high ranking ZAFT official stands behind her. She is the last person in the CE I would ever underestimate.
I'd vote for Candidate A. Why? Because Lacus doesn't know shit about how the government works other than 'lol no weapons'. That being so, if they were attacked one day, she'd expect Kira to launch in the Strike Freedom (their only weapon) against overwhelming odds and when he comes back (or rather doesn't because his AIMbot couldn't keep up), they go 'zzomg he was defeated? no wai! unpossible!' Lacus is a child who ran away from the situation instead of confronting it during the previous war. Had she of really had an agenda and truly wanted peace, she would have ended up working with Chairman Dullindal from the very beginning and this situation would never have happened. PLANT is currently in a state of chaos at the moment, so their reaching out to Lacus appears to be the only viable option at the moment. Albiet, not a very wise one.
__________________
「では、人間は、何故、戦うのか?
戦うことに存在意義があるのかもしれない。
戦っている人間には充実感がある。
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And itís also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-21, 16:11   Link #99
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Neu Herzogtum Zeon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues
I'd vote for Candidate A. Why? Because Lacus doesn't know shit about how the government works other than 'lol no weapons'. That being so, if they were attacked one day, she'd expect Kira to launch in the Strike Freedom (their only weapon) against overwhelming odds and when he comes back (or rather doesn't because his AIMbot couldn't keep up), they go 'zzomg he was defeated? no wai! unpossible!' Lacus is a child who ran away from the situation instead of confronting it during the previous war. Had she of really had an agenda and truly wanted peace, she would have ended up working with Chairman Dullindal from the very beginning and this situation would never have happened. PLANT is currently in a state of chaos at the moment, so their reaching out to Lacus appears to be the only viable option at the moment. Albiet, not a very wise one.
Well

1. Its difficult to work with somebody who tried to KILL YOU or, prior to the events of Destiny, your lover.

2. Running away from the situation? Most people assumed that there was no situation to begin with. A peace treaty was signed between Fed and ZAFT, Patrick Zala put down, PLANT ruled by more peaceful pro-Clyne party. Ok, things returned to normal and in peace, what more is there to ask?

- Tak
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-21, 16:12   Link #100
hanxthre
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Fighting Gingivitis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues

I'd vote for Candidate A. Why? Because Lacus doesn't know shit about how the government works other than 'lol no weapons'. That being so, if they were attacked one day, she'd expect Kira to launch in the Strike Freedom (their only weapon) against overwhelming odds and when he comes back (or rather doesn't because his AIMbot couldn't keep up), they go 'zzomg he was defeated? no wai! unpossible!' Lacus is a child who ran away from the situation instead of confronting it during the previous war. Had she of really had an agenda and truly wanted peace, she would have ended up working with Chairman Dullindal from the very beginning and this situation would never have happened. PLANT is currently in a state of chaos at the moment, so their reaching out to Lacus appears to be the only viable option at the moment. Albiet, not a very wise one.


And that's what I'm saying...She's about as worthless as 2 flies smashed in the realism of a political arena, but she can easily control the mind of the PLANTS population...and if you don't believe or trust anything I just said you have to know that for whatever reasons the people who write this crap are more likely to excuse your good logic and just have her control things in some elite manner..Just like she did in both GS and GSD with hardley any screentime to make it believable. I mean you don't draw a scene of Lacus Clyne coming to the PLANTS surrounded by all the high officers knowing the power the director and writer has given her in 2 series and rule out her becoming the new leader...That's more likley than whatever default scenerio I think we can come up with. Hopefully some Durandel loyalist will object, but once they do Kira will be like "ZOMG they might have been the assassins...," and it's aimbot-city for those jokers.
hanxthre is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:02.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.