AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-10-18, 03:28   Link #1981
Charred Knight
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Japan's wealth is not centered in a single area of a single city. Its wealth lies in its sakuradite. Granted, Lelouch blew the mountain up, but it still holds the majority supply. Blowing up the settlement wouldn't leave the country destitute for years to come, and obviously didn't since everyone managed to ship out or find new accommodations fairly quickly. You're being far too narrow-minded.
So your saying that Ougi has the gun and his going to threaten the world with it?

For Sakuradite to do all that then Suzaku, Nunnaly, and Cornelia, would have to allow Ougi to use the Sakuradite as a monopoly, Japan's growth is in rebuilding its shattered infrastructure due to the previous 2 wars, and in training the Japanese into things like electronics like the real world Japanese.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-18, 03:35   Link #1982
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
So your saying that Ougi has the gun and his going to threaten the world with it?

For Sakuradite to do all that then Suzaku, Nunnaly, and Cornelia, would have to allow Ougi to use the Sakuradite as a monopoly, Japan's growth is in rebuilding its shattered infrastructure due to the previous 2 wars, and in training the Japanese into things like electronics like the real world Japanese.
Since you link trying to insert real-world comparisons, I'll put it this way: if someone blew up Sacramento, would California's economy fall apart? No. It would have a rough time, but it would stabilize. Same goes for Japan for the loss of a single, Britannian-populated city center.

Sakuradite is a valuable resource, and having the world's largest supply means everyone will be buying from them for the most part. It's a cash cow, regardless of how it's used politically. You're trying to make it into something sinister when it only becomes that through other means. What it is at its base level never changes.

Japan's infrastructure is not shattered, as Lelouch so elegantly explains in Stage 9. In fact, Britannia has left it better off than it ever was. You assume too little of the Japanese. Japanese people run the sakuradite mines, Japanese people can become Honorary Britannians and get semi-decent jobs, etc. They're not idiots.

Again you assume the worst of everything with absolutely no evidence to back it up, just to satisfy your desire to see the Code Geass world go to hell in a handbasket.
__________________
morbosfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-18, 03:43   Link #1983
Charred Knight
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Since you link trying to insert real-world comparisons, I'll put it this way: if someone blew up Sacramento, would California's economy fall apart? No, and neither will Japan's for the loss of a single city.

Sakuradite is a valuable resource, and having the world's largest supply means everyone will be buying from them for the most part. It's a cash cow, regardless of how it's used politically. You're trying to make it into something sinister when it only becomes that through other means. What it is at its base level never changes.

Japan's infrastructure is not shattered, as Lelouch so elegantly explains in Stage 9. In fact, Britannia has left it better off than it ever was. You allow assume too little of the Japanese. Japanese people run the sakuradite mines, Japanese people can become Honorary Britannians and get semi-decent jobs, etc.

Again you assume the worst of everything with absolutely no evidence to back it up, just to satisfy your desire to see the Code Geass world go to hell in a handbasket.
The richest people in California don't live in Sacremento, also the wealth in California is spread out quite well between San Francisco, Beverly Hills, and Los Angelos. The wealth in Japan was centered in the Kyoto group (most of their wealth would have been taken away due to the Black Knights rebellion), and the Britannians (all fled or dead)

I am not trying to see the world of Code Geass go into hell in a handbasket, it was blatantly stated by Okuchi that Lelouch didn't magically save the world , he just got rid of the corruption in Britannia and ended the war.

Its going to take a long road to recovery

Why the hell did we start arguin anyway?

Oh good lord we are arguing over a joke
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-18, 03:47   Link #1984
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
The richest people in California don't live in Sacremento, also the wealth in California is spread out quite well between San Francisco, Beverly Hills, and Los Angelos. The wealth in Japan was centered in the Kyoto group (most of their wealth would have been taken away due to the Black Knights rebellion), and the Britannians (all fled or dead)

I am not trying to see the world of Code Geass go into hell in a handbasket, it was blatantly stated by Okuchi that Lelouch didn't magically save the world , he just got rid of the corruption in Britannia and ended the war.

Its going to take a long road to recovery
And again, you have no source for this supposed wealth distribution in Code Geass. You merely assume it must be centered around the government complex. Japan's a big place, and the Britannian's don't exclusively live in the one settlement. Even if we were to assume they did, then it's not a big deal obviously, or rebuilding wouldn't come so quickly.

Also, Okouchi's quote refers to peace, not economy. Don't try to twist his words to suit your argument. Japan, from what little we see of it, is quite obviously doing just fine under Ohgi's administration, so quit trying to make out like the country is going to fall apart when it's never shown to be anywhere close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
Oh good lord we are arguing over a joke
Good as anything else to argue about.
__________________
morbosfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-18, 04:04   Link #1985
Charred Knight
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
And again, you have no source for this supposed wealth distribution in Code Geass. You merely assume it must be centered around the government complex. Japan's a big place, and the Britannian's don't exclusively live in the one settlement. Even if we were to assume they did, then it's not a big deal obviously, or rebuilding wouldn't come so quickly.

Also, Okouchi's quote refers to peace, not economy. Don't try to twist his words to suit your argument. Japan, from what little we see of it, is quite obviously doing just fine under Ohgi's administration, so quit trying to make out like the country is going to fall apart when it's never shown to be anywhere close.

Good as anything else to argue about.
Why would Britannian's remain in Japan? The priveledge they had is gone, since Japan is now free.

I also think Economy and peace go hand in hand, I just don't think Oukochi was talking about peace, I think he was talking about rebuilding the world. That was one of the themes of the second series Reconstruction.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-18, 11:05   Link #1986
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
Why would Britannian's remain in Japan? The priveledge they had is gone, since Japan is now free.
One word: Milly. Just because Japan is free doesn't mean they'd be unwilling to harbor any Britannians who wished to stay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
I also think Economy and peace go hand in hand, I just don't think Oukochi was talking about peace, I think he was talking about rebuilding the world. That was one of the themes of the second series Reconstruction.
Not really. Code Geass hasn't had much of an issue with economy, nor would it now that everyone's getting along.
__________________
morbosfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-18, 11:49   Link #1987
Pink-chan
世界の明日のために
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by blottyparchment View Post
Spoiler for length:


Also, according to 2ch, Lelouch's profile on geass.net says:




He accomplished Zero Requiem in exchange for his own life.

^

This and the last question on the first page of Okouchi's interview clearly says who is alive and who is not.
Thank you so much. I really appreciate your effort in the translation considering the fact that I'm not able to understand it and someone is willing to translate. I'm most willing to provide the scans for your effort and sharing the information with us. I'm looking forward to more of your translation.

I believe the ending of Lelouch using his own life to achieve Zero Requiem has to be the better ending than he being the L.L, the cartman living with C.C happily ever after. That will cheapen his sacrifice. That's just my own opinion.
__________________

Avatar by Sonae. Signature by Airi. Thank you.
Pink-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-18, 13:26   Link #1988
Charred Knight
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
One word: Milly. Just because Japan is free doesn't mean they'd be unwilling to harbor any Britannians who wished to stay.

Not really. Code Geass hasn't had much of an issue with economy, nor would it now that everyone's getting along.

Fantastic!

Milly can start Britannian in Japan club with Villeta.

Considering the protrayal of Britannians especially in the first season i see no reason why the ones that fled would want to come back. Their priveledges are gone, their servants won't want to work in the same conditions, and they can no longer feel superior.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-18, 13:28   Link #1989
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Believe it or not all Britannians are not racist. In fact most that remain in Japan likely aren't.
__________________
morbosfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-18, 14:28   Link #1990
Charred Knight
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Believe it or not all Britannians are not racist. In fact most that remain in Japan likely aren't.
Yes, but a large amount are though, when one of the nicer members of Britannia is Cornelia you have a problem and the second part goes without saying. If you hate Japanese your not likely to stay in Japan.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-18, 16:29   Link #1991
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NJ
Age: 35
Quick question that popped into my head, today. It was said the Schneizel is the one who removed Marianne's remains after her murder, right? Did anything ever come of that, or was it just another red herring in the course of the series that never really went anywhere? (I swear, this series is full of ideas that would have been so interesting if they had actually decided to flesh them out.)
__________________
youngde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-18, 16:33   Link #1992
VNEpic
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New York
Age: 22
It was a red herring. Only thing that ever came from it was from Charles right before he was vaporized by the World of C. (He only said he made Schneizel move the body when Lelouch confronted him)
VNEpic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-18, 18:50   Link #1993
Solidus1321
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: USA
Age: 24
Send a message via Yahoo to Solidus1321
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngde View Post
Quick question that popped into my head, today. It was said the Schneizel is the one who removed Marianne's remains after her murder, right? Did anything ever come of that, or was it just another red herring in the course of the series that never really went anywhere? (I swear, this series is full of ideas that would have been so interesting if they had actually decided to flesh them out.)
I agree with you that there is so much left they could do. Someone has already said it, Code geass is not dead, But lelouch of the rebellion is. Theres no reason the world of Code geass should come to a end as well as it was. No lelouch doesn't have to come back in some way, he can stay dead just be nice to clear it so we don't keep thinking he is still alive becuase he has the code, or something like that. But I really think there so much more to the world of code geass and Im sure someday we will get. It would be a shame to just let it die with lelouch.
Solidus1321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-18, 19:03   Link #1994
Guernsey
The GAP Man
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
One thought that came into mind about C.C.'s and V.V.'s psuedonyms being C.C. and V.V.. Does someone who have the Code get to have two letters as their new name or did that just come with their immortality?
Guernsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-18, 19:07   Link #1995
Solidus1321
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: USA
Age: 24
Send a message via Yahoo to Solidus1321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guernsey View Post
One thought that came into mind about C.C.'s and V.V.'s psuedonyms being C.C. and V.V.. Does someone who have the Code get to have two letters as their new name or did that just come with their immortality?
Well seeing the anime atleast once all the way though, thats the idea that I got. If some how Lelouch had the code i guess he would go by L.L.
Solidus1321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-18, 20:37   Link #1996
Used Can
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidus1321 View Post
Well seeing the anime atleast once all the way though, thats the idea that I got. If some how Lelouch had the code i guess he would go by L.L.
Unless the code-names are a repetition of the Code user's first name, I think it probably has got nothing to do with their real names. For example, V.V.'s surname is "zi Britannia" and there's no V there. Actually, I'm quite sure the code-names have got nothing to do with their first names either, because then Charles would have been C.C. as well.

My guess is the Code is inherited along with the code-name. For example, the Sister was the previous C.C., and Charles was the new V.V..
__________________
"The name is Tin; Used is just an alias. I'm everything Shoe Box would like to be." - Used Can of the Aluminium Kingdom
Used Can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-18, 22:13   Link #1997
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NJ
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Unless the code-names are a repetition of the Code user's first name, I think it probably has got nothing to do with their real names. For example, V.V.'s surname is "zi Britannia" and there's no V there. Actually, I'm quite sure the code-names have got nothing to do with their first names either, because then Charles would have been C.C. as well.

My guess is the Code is inherited along with the code-name. For example, the Sister was the previous C.C., and Charles was the new V.V..
Actually, some translations have his name as vi Britannia, so it could have to do with his original name. Also, in Japanese, Lelouch's initials would be more akin to R.R. than L.L.
__________________
youngde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-18, 22:35   Link #1998
Used Can
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngde View Post
Actually, some translations have his name as vi Britannia, so it could have to do with his original name.
The last time I saw Charles' surname romanised, it was "zi Britannia" (it was in Koshimizu's blog, I think). I'm quite sure the only ones with "vi Britannia" as surname are Marianne, Lelouch and Nunnally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngde View Post
Also, in Japanese, Lelouch's initials would be more akin to R.R. than L.L.
Check the name-tag:
Spoiler:
__________________
"The name is Tin; Used is just an alias. I'm everything Shoe Box would like to be." - Used Can of the Aluminium Kingdom
Used Can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-19, 00:21   Link #1999
darthfury78
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Here is a fun assumption:

Considering that Code Geass could now be considered as two different season versions:

Code Geass: Stages 1-25

Code Geass R2: Turns 1-25


Which continuation would you like to see:

Code Geass: Stage 26, which was to have been the original start of R2, but would be considered as the new continuation of the original first season format that is set in an alternate universe.

Code Geass R2: Turn 26, life after Lelouch.
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-19, 00:30   Link #2000
Dream_Traveller
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
What continuation I'd like to see is you stopping whining like a little pissant about how everything didn't go the way you wanted it to just because Milly didn't hook up with her squeeze.
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:51.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.