AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-10-28, 19:16   Link #2481
Narona
Emotionless White Face
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Li Jianliang View Post
Translated from Continue vol.42, a brief timeline of Lelouch's life:

Spoiler for saving space:


Then there's the even longer official death list in the magazine, which I haven't gotten around to translating yet. ^^;; Both of them put Lelouch's death as the last significant thing on the list.
Thanks a lot for that. Will try to rep you ^^
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-29, 05:32   Link #2482
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: In His Majesties Service.
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
Which to me is just lazy writing, Okouchi believes that by telling the audience that someone is a great pilot that automatically makes them a great pilot, Terada, and Tomino know better.

I expected that Okouchi would give a damn, and write an actual battle, instead Okouchi got lazy
Aye a bit like Bartley in the Percival. He actually did stuff(wouldn't rate him as an ace if you compare him to some of the earlier Sunrise series) but at least he was shown to be competent, at least he put up a fight against the Guren but in the end he was inferior as a pilot and in a worse machine.

Monica and Dorethea just had their status as KoR's going for them, however they never actually did anything(that we the audience saw) to convince us that they were aces, while Gino and Bismark showed crap judgement(very important in a pilot) by fighting the LA 1vs1 rather than going 2vs1 after they had just seen their colleagues and mook compatriots being raped in 10 seconds.
ZeroSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-29, 06:09   Link #2483
ZingFreelancer
A horrible person
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Norway / Telemark
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecakecookies View Post
[/SPOILER]

THank you for the translations!!

I wonder if a spin/off or sequel that includes C.C/Nunnally/Suzaku/Kallen came out and if Lulu was NOT in it.. I wonder if people would STILL believe he is alive...

probably right?
The fans will probably be pissed off. But then depends on what the show contain. Maybe it just building up for the return of the hero?
ZingFreelancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-02, 11:12   Link #2484
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
OMG
i just watched the dub of R2 ep 1
there is a scene were the gov is ordering the executiong of prisoners (when lulu and rolo are riding the bike)
the scene in the fan sub is cenceord
the scene in the dub shows them getting shot on screen
the dub is using the DVD scenes
SWEET
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-02, 16:21   Link #2485
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Tampa
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
OMG
i just watched the dub of R2 ep 1
there is a scene were the gov is ordering the executiong of prisoners (when lulu and rolo are riding the bike)
the scene in the fan sub is cenceord
the scene in the dub shows them getting shot on screen
the dub is using the DVD scenes
SWEET
They already came out with the first few episodes dubbed or only the first episode. That's cool about the little scene change.
__________________
SonOfHeaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-02, 17:03   Link #2486
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfHeaven View Post
They already came out with the first few episodes dubbed or only the first episode. That's cool about the little scene change.
just saw ep 1 on youtube
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-02, 18:55   Link #2487
ZingFreelancer
A horrible person
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Norway / Telemark
That sucks, only 9 episodes have been released for sale so far. I want them all!!!

Any one know where to dl them? Can PM me a link or info?
ZingFreelancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-03, 01:21   Link #2488
equinox822
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
OMG
i just watched the dub of R2 ep 1
there is a scene were the gov is ordering the executiong of prisoners (when lulu and rolo are riding the bike)
the scene in the fan sub is cenceord
the scene in the dub shows them getting shot on screen
the dub is using the DVD scenes
SWEET
Wonder what else was left out...?
equinox822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-03, 01:32   Link #2489
Lie
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by equinox822 View Post
Wonder what else was left out...?
They've only added cut outs, such as the Unich's death at the Chinese Embassy is shown on screen. Things like that, there's nothing substantial out just things that would be questionable prime time viewing.
Lie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-07, 03:30   Link #2490
Pink-chan
世界の明日のために
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
New magazine leaks which I presume they are from Animedia.



Requesting translation for the following leaks:

__________________

Avatar by Sonae. Signature by Airi. Thank you.
Pink-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-07, 03:46   Link #2491
FoxxFireArt
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kentucky
Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink-chan View Post
New magazine leaks which I presume they are from Animedia.



Requesting translation for the following leaks:

I'll give it my best shot to translate, but I'm not too good at this just yet. The kanji can be difficult if I can't make out the strokes clearly.
__________________
* * Visit Foxxfire Art for weekly Code Geass 4komas * *
FoxxFireArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-07, 04:01   Link #2492
Lie
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink-chan View Post
Requesting translation for the following leaks:

These seem to be Animage's 'what happens after the end' as is the fad right now. Some of them contradict the novel so I'd say that whatever is here is probably completely made up by the editors, and even less real than the novel's scenarios. I might be wrong though.
Lie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-07, 04:09   Link #2493
FoxxFireArt
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kentucky
Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lie View Post
These seem to be Animage's 'what happens after the end' as is the fad right now. Some of them contradict the novel so I'd say that whatever is here is probably completely made up by the editors, and even less real than the novel's scenarios. I might be wrong though.
I direct you to those character conversation quotes that Animedia had in that special before the finale. Only one conversation almost happened, but all the others were completely made up.
I say, 'Don't trust this magazine. Unless they are quoting someone official.". Though the Light Novels' level of canon is also in question.
Look to official books and guides.
__________________
* * Visit Foxxfire Art for weekly Code Geass 4komas * *
FoxxFireArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-07, 04:22   Link #2494
Tokkan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Australia
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Those say that Nunnally is the "United States of Britannia" delegate, she's not the Empress. That sounds plausible.
__________________
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-07, 04:41   Link #2495
Lie
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Those say that Nunnally is the "United States of Britannia" delegate, she's not the Empress. That sounds plausible.
Why would it be United States of Britannia? Where would that even come from?
I read over most of them (some of the kanji is too blurry on some characters, Gino and Anya's are pretty illegible to me) and they mostly all tell you absolutely nothing. In Viletta's they ask what will the child be, that's what we'd like to know. Ougi's is obvious (representative). Kallen goes back to school, and goes to college (I'm stunned by this revelation. ). C.C.'s traveling around Europe, and so on.
They just take what was shown in the epilogue for the characters present and try to fill in some blanks for characters that didn't even appear in the epilogue with vague information.
Lie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-07, 04:48   Link #2496
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Glorious Fire Wall-Hmm, I hate my government more than you do.
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to dec4rhapsody
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lie View Post
Why would it be United States of Britannia? Where would that even come from?
I read over most of them (some of the kanji is too blurry on some characters, Gino and Anya's are pretty illegible to me) and they mostly all tell you absolutely nothing. In Viletta's they ask what will the child be, that's what we'd like to know. Ougi's is obvious (representative). Kallen goes back to school, and goes to college (I'm stunned by this revelation. ). C.C.'s traveling around Europe, and so on.
They just take what was shown in the epilogue for the characters present and try to fill in some blanks for characters that didn't even appear in the epilogue with vague information.
。。。かも知れません was OVER-used in the text, so really, it's more likely an attempt to fill in the blanks.
dec4rhapsody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-07, 04:52   Link #2497
Lie
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by dec4rhapsody View Post
。。。かも知れません was OVER-used in the text, so really, it's more likely an attempt to fill in the blanks.
It was. It feels to me that they are just guessing and pandering to fans.
dec, can you by chance make out what it says for Schneizel, Nunally, Gino, and Anya? The picture isn't loading correctly for me. :/
Lie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-07, 05:02   Link #2498
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Glorious Fire Wall-Hmm, I hate my government more than you do.
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to dec4rhapsody
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lie View Post
It was. It feels to me that they are just guessing and pandering to fans.
dec, can you by chance make out what it says for Schneizel, Nunally, Gino, and Anya? The picture isn't loading correctly for me. :/
LOL at my poor Japanese skills...I'll try:
Schneizel's chart says something like that he is serving Zero, rest of the text is a little bit blurry...

Nunnally, United States of Britannia, LOL

Gino's chart was merely guessing job, "did he stay in the army or return to his family and become a 青年実業家?<-CAN'T HELP LOLING AT THIS"

Anya:helping out in the MIKAN farm in order to express her thanks to Orange.










LOL, imagine Orange-kun : Orenji jyanai, MIKAN da!

Last edited by dec4rhapsody; 2008-11-07 at 05:22.
dec4rhapsody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-07, 05:12   Link #2499
Lie
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by dec4rhapsody View Post
LOL at my poor Japanese skills...I'll try:
Schneizel's chart says something like that he is serving Zero, rest of the text is a little bit blurry...

Nunnally, United States of Britannia, LOL

Gino's chart was merely guessing job, "did he stay in the army or return to his family and become a 青年実業家?<-CAN'T HELP LOLING AT THIS"

Anya:helping out in the MIKAN farm in order to express her thanks to Orange.

LOL, imagine Orange-kun : Orenji-jyanai, MIKAN da!
青年実業家? LOL. They must have confused Gino with some other affluent character. Guessing game.

Mikan da!
Lie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-07, 05:25   Link #2500
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lie View Post
青年実業家? LOL. They must have confused Gino with some other affluent character. Guessing game.

Mikan da!
Would any of you be so kind as to tell us non-Japanese knowing folks what 青年実業家 means?
__________________
Rising Dragon is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:49.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.