AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-12-25, 14:08   Link #3061
Shuuda
Sniped.
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: England
Send a message via MSN to Shuuda
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahakala View Post
The question is why? To make money of course, *sigh*
A shame most people seem to forget this fact; and people also think that they can forbid them from making that money just because they do not want to.

Now let us make way for the no doubt endless complaining. (Even though nothing has been confirmed.)

So, what is going to be first folk? Bad writing? Or maybe plot holes this time?
Shuuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-25, 14:16   Link #3062
Haku-Men
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: depths of Kagutsuchi where the Sheol Gate is located
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuuda View Post
A shame most people seem to forget this fact; and people also think that they can forbid them from making that money just because they do not want to.

Now let us make way for the no doubt endless complaining. (Even though nothing has been confirmed.)

So, what is going to be first folk? Bad writing? Or maybe plot holes this time?
Show's how little you know, there's nothing bad about per say but I just want some solid direction and execution to go around with it. Whether it makes money is not ny concern if I'm getting what's worth then I'll contempt.
Haku-Men is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-25, 14:24   Link #3063
Shuuda
Sniped.
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: England
Send a message via MSN to Shuuda
Quote:
there's nothing bad about per say but I just want some solid direction and execution to go around with it.
Well despite what the "experts" around here say, Sunrise are not stupid. Just because it does not go in the direction certain people want it to go, it does not make it bad. There are many directions and many forms of execution.

Quote:
Whether it makes money is not ny concern if I'm getting what's worth then I'll contempt.
Care to fix that sentence up, especially that last part?
Shuuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-25, 14:29   Link #3064
Maxmillian
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuuda View Post
Well despite what the "experts" around here say, Sunrise are not stupid. Just because it does not go in the direction certain people want it to go, it does not make it bad. There are many directions and many forms of execution.
But all those directions could still be bad (GSD) and the "experts" you speak up are only stating their opinion on the matter and just care more about the story than the fanservice. So just because you loved it for what R2 was doesn't mean the majority thought the same way.
Maxmillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-25, 14:37   Link #3065
Shuuda
Sniped.
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: England
Send a message via MSN to Shuuda
Quote:
but all those directions could still be bad (GSD)
And on the other hand, they could be good, we just have to wait and see.

Quote:
and the "experts" you speak up are only stating their opinion on the matter and just care more about the story than the fanservice.
A lot of people do not treat it as merely an opinion.

Quote:
So just because you loved it for what R2
Incorrect. I found plenty of faults with R2, I just paid better attention to the show thus I do not reduce my criticism to just "trainwreck", "bad writing" and "Lelouch is alive".

Quote:
doesn't mean the majority thought the same way.
And that works the other way around. All of the people who scream "Trainwreck" should not talk as if they can see the future, or that they have ultimate knowledge about what R2 should have been like.

And trying to send me neg rep and calling me an asshole was a wise move indeed.
Shuuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-25, 14:43   Link #3066
Maxmillian
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuuda View Post
And on the other hand, they could be good, you just have to wait and see.
And this is what I'm hoping for but once again I'll relay my judgment until it's announced.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuuda View Post
A lot of people do not treat it as merely an opinion..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuuda View Post
Incorrect. I found plenty of faults with R2, I just paid better attention to the show thus I do not reduce my criticism to just "trainwreck", "bad writing" and "Lelouch is alive"..
Well those were the faults and looking back alot of scenes could have been delt with better if they'd tried.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuuda View Post
And that works the other way around. All of the people who scream "Trainwreck" should not talk as if they can see the future, or that they have ultimate knowledge about what R2 should have been like.
Of course, relay the judgment.
Maxmillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-25, 14:54   Link #3067
Shuuda
Sniped.
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: England
Send a message via MSN to Shuuda
Quote:
I'll relay my judgment until it's announced.
Exactly, but as I read from the forum thread that was linked to, a lot of people were complaining about it even though it had not even been confirmed yet.

Quote:
Well those were the faults and looking back alot of scenes could have been delt with better if they'd tried.
Well, I understood the plot just fine; and though there were a few over the top moments, I was able to suspend my disbelief enough to not find it overly annoying. I disagree that they were the faults of Code Geass, I could even argue that even if CG was a "trainwreck", that would not have been a fault.

And I agree, there were many scene that could be improved upon, but that could be said for all shows.

And neg reping me again with the message that I am a faggot... tsk tsk. (to whom ever did that.)
Shuuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-25, 18:57   Link #3068
Charred Knight
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahakala View Post
The question is why? To make money of course, *sigh*
That's basically it right there.

The question is how much is Okouchi's dignity worth?
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-25, 18:58   Link #3069
Shuuda
Sniped.
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: England
Send a message via MSN to Shuuda
Quote:
The question is how much is Okouchi's dignity worth?
Clearly a lot more than most people on this forum. ZING! Nah, I'm just messing around.

But seriously, have you been to the future? Do you have a TARDIS?
Shuuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-25, 20:12   Link #3070
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: At your house fixing A/C
lulu comes back as bionic, hehe
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-25, 20:23   Link #3071
Charred Knight
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuuda View Post
Clearly a lot more than most people on this forum. ZING! Nah, I'm just messing around.

But seriously, have you been to the future? Do you have a TARDIS?
I am talking about the fact that Okouchi has stated that Lelouch is dead. If he backtracks than it shows that he cares more about money than art.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-25, 20:55   Link #3072
OMG_Zerg_Rush
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
I am talking about the fact that Okouchi has stated that Lelouch is dead. If he backtracks than it shows that he cares more about money than art.
Not if this new geass show is R2 the way it was ment to be (no rollo or time skip)
__________________
OMG_Zerg_Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-25, 20:59   Link #3073
Charred Knight
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG_Zerg_Rush View Post
Not if this new geass show is R2 the way it was ment to be (no rollo or time skip)
Than you might as well state that R2 was a complete failure.

At least with remakes such as FMA 2, or Hellsing your bringing back a different staff, and are simply following the manga. Bringing back the same staff to remake the series and you might as well call it

"Code Geass: R2 we apologize for the crappyness of the previous series"
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-25, 21:17   Link #3074
incorrupts
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Greece
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
Than you might as well state that R2 was a complete failure.

At least with remakes such as FMA 2, or Hellsing your bringing back a different staff, and are simply following the manga. Bringing back the same staff to remake the series and you might as well call it

"Code Geass: R2 we apologize for the crappyness of the previous series"

Exactly. There are probably a lot of things that were changed along the way when it came to R2, but it was stated that Lelouch dying in the end was pretty much decided from the beginning.
Now, the way things were altered might have made sense when it came to last epi {in terms of rushed and stuff} but what i see, is a case closed.
Otherwise, this is cash-cow in its worst form. You either say something and keep your word, or allowing yourself to dive into the humiliation sea-money and give the fans the right never to respect you again.
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-25, 21:21   Link #3075
Haku-Men
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: depths of Kagutsuchi where the Sheol Gate is located
Fukuda? Is that you?
It's really a retarded idea of thinking they'll remake R2 at this point since it's already a success as it (sadly) and in the end why waste time doing the exact same thing you should of done from the get go. It's really just best to move on since I doubt anyone cares anymore. On a side note when this get announce the only question that arises is how do you do a Code Geass without Lelouch since he was the main selling point for the series and without him what to do you have? Two unexplained plot elements that don't amount to anything because they were rush to satisfy the script. The safe bet is to go the Mai Otome route and have the same characters but in a different setting or risk it with an entire new setting and a different cast. Well we'll have to wait and see what they come up with in the following year.
Haku-Men is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-25, 21:50   Link #3076
Lie
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
This might need to be cleared up but this isn't Okouchi, this is Sunrise. We don't know if Okouchi will be even working on future Geass projects.
Taniguchi isn't, he's given up on the entire project. He was already at ends with Sunrise with Season 1, with R2 and what they had him do, he's not going to be involved any more.
But this news is not from Okouchi or Kawaguchi or Taniguchi, it is from Sunrise. It is the Sunrise staff which makes a lot of people worried about the future of Code Geass.
Lie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-25, 21:54   Link #3077
Haku-Men
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: depths of Kagutsuchi where the Sheol Gate is located
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lie View Post
This might need to be cleared up but this isn't Okouchi, this is Sunrise. We don't know if Okouchi will be even working on future Geass projects.
Taniguchi isn't, he's given up on the entire project. He was already at ends with Sunrise with Season 1, with R2 and what they had him do, he's not going to be involved any more.
But this news is not from Okouchi or Kawaguchi or Taniguchi, it is from Sunrise. It is the Sunrise staff which makes a lot of people worried about the future of Code Geass.
At this point all Sunrise needs is CLAMP's character designs and there set. They can always find another writer and a director to fill the quota (like with every alternative Gundam series has a new writer and director) since how can fans say they care about the story after R2?
Haku-Men is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-25, 21:57   Link #3078
incorrupts
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Greece
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lie View Post
This might need to be cleared up but this isn't Okouchi, this is Sunrise. We don't know if Okouchi will be even working on future Geass projects.
Taniguchi isn't, he's given up on the entire project. He was already at ends with Sunrise with Season 1, with R2 and what they had him do, he's not going to be involved any more.
But this news is not from Okouchi or Kawaguchi or Taniguchi, it is from Sunrise. It is the Sunrise staff which makes a lot of people worried about the future of Code Geass.

No one denied this. We are just discussing about the possible {? //if} involvement of Okouchi's in the whatever-might come-project.
It would surely give more "valid" points ++ if Okouchi was writing the script again in something that might come up in the future, since he was one of the big heads of the original one. And this scares a lot of people about the cash-cow tracking people that were keys in the first one.
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-25, 21:58   Link #3079
Dream_Traveller
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahakala View Post
At this point all Sunrise needs is CLAMP's character designs and there set. They can always find another writer and a director to fill the quota (like with every alternative Gundam series has a new writer and director) since how can fans say they care about the story after R2?
Because Geass is popular and people would care if they screw up a popular show?

My two cents.
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-25, 22:10   Link #3080
Haku-Men
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: depths of Kagutsuchi where the Sheol Gate is located
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
Because Geass is popular and people would care if they screw up a popular show?

My two cents.
Weren't you watching R2? The main thing people talk about R2 was that it was "entertaining" (sans Story and Character Development) sure it's not supposed to be particularly deep but at least have a coherent storyline that explains the questions left on previously in R1. In fact the reason it's so damn popular is because it attracts to every sort of fetish (loli, shota, bondage?!) demographic (bishonen, yaoi, yuri) there is in Japan as well as mecha to top it's least, so the story takes a back seat to it all also as I previously stated Lelouch was the main selling point of the series and every product with his likeness and C.C. (and to a lesser extent along with Suzaku) would sell. But once again this is Sunrise and when they see a hot property they'll try to milk it with or without the original scenario writer.
Haku-Men is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:04.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.