AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-12-28, 07:09   Link #3121
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: In His Majesties Service.
Age: 31
In EP 25 of R2 when Lelouch is standing in the Damocles world map/strategy room making his "I've won. You have all been trolled speech." why do they have Japan in the centre of the map?

I know the show was made by Japanese folks but the Damocles was made by Britannians and with them having ego's the size of the moon it seems ridiculous that Britannia shouldn't be in the centre seeing as how they believe the world revolves around them.

It just doesn't seem very in universe. But then again this is CG so..........
ZeroSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-28, 07:30   Link #3122
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSama View Post
In EP 25 of R2 when Lelouch is standing in the Damocles world map/strategy room making his "I've won. You have all been trolled speech." why do they have Japan in the centre of the map?

I know the show was made by Japanese folks but the Damocles was made by Britannians and with them having ego's the size of the moon it seems ridiculous that Britannia shouldn't be in the centre seeing as how they believe the world revolves around them.

It just doesn't seem very in universe. But then again this is CG so..........
they were in japan at the time
the map is probably interactive (as in it moves itself according to where the damocles is at the time)
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-28, 08:14   Link #3123
Hs Vi Germania
Please call me "senpai":)
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Germany
Age: 24
Send a message via ICQ to Hs Vi Germania
It's only natural that the Japanese have Japan in the middle of their maps.
We Europeans see us in th middle.
The differences in time are given but the world can be showed like the country want it.





PS: please ignore the flags^^
__________________
Hs Vi Germania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-28, 08:17   Link #3124
Charred Knight
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hs Vi Germania View Post
It's only natural that the Japanese have Japan in the middle of their maps.
We Europeans see us in th middle.
The differences in time are given but the world can be showed like the country want it.





PS: please ignore the flags^^

That's because Europeans created the maps that we know use. All World Maps have America being the Western most continent in America.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-28, 08:38   Link #3125
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: In His Majesties Service.
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hs Vi Germania View Post
It's only natural that the Japanese have Japan in the middle of their maps.
We Europeans see us in th middle.
The differences in time are given but the world can be showed like the country want it.





PS: please ignore the flags^^
Yes i know that. I said as much in my initial post.

However you have to remember that the map in question is on a Britannian designed ship/castle/whatever, ergo the map should be centred over the continent of Britannia, not Japan. Why in Gods name would Britannians have Japan as the centre of the world?

The plots taken enough stick as it is, no point in complaining about it any more, however they could at least get the small points right at least and keep everything in universe.
ZeroSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-28, 10:59   Link #3126
Hs Vi Germania
Please call me "senpai":)
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Germany
Age: 24
Send a message via ICQ to Hs Vi Germania
Ah .. I see..

Now I finally understand ur problem.
Damocles was in Japan in that time.
Probably it is an (inter-)active map as no-idea-who said^^



...or the director did not think that far. ^^
__________________

Last edited by Hs Vi Germania; 2008-12-28 at 11:10.
Hs Vi Germania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-28, 11:27   Link #3127
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NJ
Age: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSama View Post
Is Bismarks' geass the only one confirmed to work on inanimate objects(since he can forsee what the LA is going to do)? If so wouldn't that mean he would even be able to see what C.C. would do in the future?

I know it wouldn't work on her directly but he'd theoretically be able to forsee the movements of whatever surrounds her i.e. clothes or mech thereby making him able to gauge what she's actually going to do.

Wouldn't that make Jermiah the only person who could match him in an even fight since he can just nullify the haxor thing?


I'm just curious.
Just for the record, I don't think it allows Bismark to 'see the future,' just to read whatever a person intends to do for the next few seconds. He was able to see that Suzaku was intending to take him strait on, but didn't see Suzaku would be able to slice him in half (between his mega-hax Lancelot and Geass hax). Presumably, Kallen, with her mega-hax Guren could have just sliced him as well. My impression was the Geass allowed him to see what a person intends to do and react accordingly. If he didn't have the abilty to defend himself against an attack, he couldn't see that because it wouldn't be seen within a person's intentions.

At any rate, it seems that w/ Suzaku, he simply faced an opponent that he was at a disadvantage w/ because he was the type of person to give up on strategy and just go strait in. In a way (if I'm right), the more you thought about what you're going to do, the more of an advantage Bismark would have.

youngde, signing off.
__________________
youngde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-28, 11:29   Link #3128
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hs Vi Germania View Post
Ah .. I see..

Now I finally understand ur problem.
Damocles was in Japan in that time.
Probably it is an (inter-)active map as no-idea-who said^^
gee... thanx
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-28, 11:32   Link #3129
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngde View Post
Just for the record, I don't think it allows Bismark to 'see the future,' just to read whatever a person intends to do for the next few seconds. He was able to see that Suzaku was intending to take him strait on, but didn't see Suzaku would be able to slice him in half (between his mega-hax Lancelot and Geass hax). Presumably, Kallen, with her mega-hax Guren could have just sliced him as well. My impression was the Geass allowed him to see what a person intends to do and react accordingly. If he didn't have the abilty to defend himself against an attack, he couldn't see that because it wouldn't be seen within a person's intentions.

At any rate, it seems that w/ Suzaku, he simply faced an opponent that he was at a disadvantage w/ because he was the type of person to give up on strategy and just go strait in. In a way (if I'm right), the more you thought about what you're going to do, the more of an advantage Bismark would have.

youngde, signing off.
he was able to see the future (hus words)
not read minds
and in the end he was just overwhelmed by the albion's insane speed and power
he couldnt keep up
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-28, 11:51   Link #3130
Hs Vi Germania
Please call me "senpai":)
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Germany
Age: 24
Send a message via ICQ to Hs Vi Germania
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
gee... thanx
Sorry about that.
I add u in excuse.


__________________

Last edited by Hs Vi Germania; 2008-12-28 at 11:56. Reason: Have found a fitting gif. :)
Hs Vi Germania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-28, 22:32   Link #3131
eaglei3
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
I have decided Nonette will obviously be the protagonist/antagonist of this rumored new season. They obviously made her fall of the face of the earth in R2 so she could set up her ultimate come back plan!!!
eaglei3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-29, 00:56   Link #3132
stardrago
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
If they do bring back Lelouch, I hope they make it possible like; about 3 years after R2, nanomachine tech studies had made breakthroughs; remnants of the Geass Directorate had survived (scientists from China said about going to the E.U. location before C.C. got up to them and destroying there transportation) there could have been people stationed at the E.U. location before; in case of an attack of the China one and were studying cloning procedures from D.N.A. they got from Charles(who still had Geass) and V.V.(Of his Code immortal body) and merged them together...but need nanotech to help stabalize the body and had spies at an location in Britannia that had a new breakthrough in nanoteach.
I'll write down more later...
stardrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-29, 01:03   Link #3133
Nobodyman9
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: U.S.A.
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by stardrago View Post
If they do bring back Lelouch, I hope they make it possible like; about 3 years after R2, nanomachine tech studies had made breakthroughs; remnants of the Geass Directorate had survived (scientists from China said about going to the E.U. location before C.C. got up to them and destroying there transportation) there could have been people stationed at the E.U. location before; in case of an attack of the China one and were studying cloning procedures from D.N.A. they got from Charles(who still had Geass) and V.V.(Of his Code immortal body) and merged them together...but need nanotech to help stabalize the body and had spies at an location in Britannia that had a new breakthrough in nanoteach.
I'll write down more later...
I always wondered about that myself. For all their advances in robot and military technology (not to mention cyborg fusion) I wonder if they ever explored cloning. I also have this funny idea of how it could be the ultimate way to end Code Geass. Everyone who died (Lelouch, Euphemia, Shirely, etc.) are all cloned back to life and able to live happily. It would also be the best way to end the shipping wars: they simply make 3 clones of Lelouch, one for Kallen, one for Shirley, one for C.C.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-29, 01:16   Link #3134
azul120
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Cloning the dead is one thing, but cloning for the sake of shipping is another.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-29, 03:10   Link #3135
Nobodyman9
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: U.S.A.
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by azul120 View Post
Cloning the dead is one thing, but cloning for the sake of shipping is another.
Oh great, azul wants to debate me again.

You know what, forget it. Cloning to bring the dead back to life. Cloning for shipping. Whatever. Just leave it to the fanfic writers.

By the bye, specifically I mean both. Clone the dead characters back to life and then clone three Lulus.

End. Of. Topic.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-29, 04:03   Link #3136
azul120
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Sheesh, no need to take it personal.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-29, 04:45   Link #3137
Nobodyman9
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: U.S.A.
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by azul120 View Post
Sheesh, no need to take it personal.
Okay, you're right. Sorry, I overreacted. But all the same I don't intend to pursue the topic any further.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-29, 19:21   Link #3138
Wargumm1i
Hentai
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
I think that if a season 3 will come it would be about 1-10 years in the future, and that a new power has come forth who are more powerful than britannia and Empress Nunnally and Zero(Suzaku) are not far from loosing the battle and there lives and that of there country are at there limtie, and it will be Area 11 similer all over again.

C.C who yeah has 100% knowledge over Geass tech will dig up Lelouch´s corpse or something, and use Geass tech too either do the same with Orange-kun or just resurrect Lelouch and fill him in on what has happen over the years.

And Nunnally and Suzaku are pushed too a corner on the battle field and Lelouch shows up and saves the day.
__________________
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-29, 19:30   Link #3139
Dream_Traveller
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
So C.C.'ll dig up a skeleton for the sake of fighting a new enemy when Britannia's pacified, the world is united, the Gods are lazing about and the Cult's dead?

Well, eh.
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-29, 21:22   Link #3140
Haku-Men
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: depths of Kagutsuchi where the Sheol Gate is located
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
I think that if a season 3 will come it would be about 1-10 years in the future, and that a new power has come forth who are more powerful than britannia and Empress Nunnally and Zero(Suzaku) are not far from loosing the battle and there lives and that of there country are at there limtie, and it will be Area 11 similer all over again.

C.C who yeah has 100% knowledge over Geass tech will dig up Lelouch´s corpse or something, and use Geass tech too either do the same with Orange-kun or just resurrect Lelouch and fill him in on what has happen over the years.

And Nunnally and Suzaku are pushed too a corner on the battle field and Lelouch shows up and saves the day.
Haku-Men is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:21.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.