AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2006-10-29, 13:03   Link #441
W-General
Bushinsoukou
*Scanlator

Send a message via ICQ to W-General Send a message via AIM to W-General Send a message via MSN to W-General
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevaasu View Post
damn! i wonder how machines like lancelot can move like that.....anyhow is ep 3 subbed yet?

It is now. Check 'suki
W-General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-29, 13:47   Link #442
Sevaasu
My World, My Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by W-General View Post
It is now. Check 'suki
thx downloading right now

The hood bringing power!
Sevaasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-29, 14:53   Link #443
EragonJeriel
heh

Theres gonna be a whos the hottest war with bodies like that
EragonJeriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-29, 15:17   Link #444
octoberasian
Baka Gaijin :P
*IT Support

Send a message via Skype™ to octoberasian
Just saw Ep.3, and I can say that it's turning out to be a pretty damn good series.
Spoiler:

I can't wait to see what happens next now and hope they explain more of Lelouche's powers and who that girl is back in Ep.1.

Plus, the OP, "Colors," by FLOW is one of the best I've heard this season. Hopefully the single comes out soon. >_<
octoberasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-29, 15:35   Link #445
EragonJeriel
heh

What?! the ending totally pwns the opening....
ps: hope we get to see more bath scenes!
EragonJeriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-29, 15:40   Link #446
Mephisto2k
anime4life

Yeah. Finnally some fanservice^^. But as he skillfully tries to keep his identity a secret and uses his special power, it more and more reminds me of Death note. But it turns out to be a great show non the less.
Mephisto2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-29, 15:47   Link #447
StanAce
Opinionated Fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by EragonJeriel View Post
What?! the ending totally pwns the opening....
ps: hope we get to see more bath scenes!
Haha, I don't hear that very often. Someone who actually prefers ALI PROJECT songs over others.

Episode 3 had its share of fanservice, but at least it wasn't forcefully put in without rhyme or reason just to satisfy the perverts. I've actually already seen episode 4 already so,
Spoiler:

Shame there are still some nationalistic people who still can't seem to enjoy this series.
StanAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-29, 16:30   Link #448
Renegade334
Exitus Acta Probat
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanAce View Post
Haha, I don't hear that very often. Someone who actually prefers ALI PROJECT songs over others.
Ahem. You forgot me.
It's probably because I prefer swingier songs with a little more umph...
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanAce View Post
Spoiler:
I wouldn't be so sure about that - Clovis' death was the spark that set off the powder keg and caused a snowball effect. After all, it's what caused Suzaku to be injustly accused and tried, Lelouch to go public under his Zero guise and
Spoiler for next eps:

Had Clovis not been killed the Zero thing would probably have been a much smaller, lighter affair but instead, it took dramatic dimensions because it was about a royal's murder and consequently had all of the media's attention. Had Suzaku been arrested on minor but still fake grounds (let's say, espionage, treason or insubordination) Zero's appearance would probably have appeared as an overly exaggerated bad joke or whatnot - while in the actual series it took of disproportioned dimensions but seems appropriate although it seemed the handiwork of a demented crackpot.

It's just that Clovis was just portrayed as your usual arrogant-and-stupid, bishounen-but-evil aristocrat and only lasted two eps that his death seemed so shallow and unimpressive. Had it been someone else like Lelouch, whose background has by now more or less well established and fleshed out, the impact would have been greater - but in this case, Clovis' status was enough to trigger a big snowball effect that will have considerable consequences on the future, especially since it means that now everyone will be out for Lelouch's blood and longing to send him straight to the gallows for killing one of the Emperor's sons.

-- Permanently retired from the raw-hunting business --
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-29, 18:04   Link #449
DoReMiFaSo
Samba!!

After ep4, I want to smack Suzaku's head. He is being so unrealistic.

Some questions:
Spoiler for ep4:

Check out this story
Current Favorites: Red Garden, Soukou no Strain, Asatte no Houkou, CODE Geass, Death Note, Irohanihoheto
DoReMiFaSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-29, 20:28   Link #450
aardvark

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoReMiFaSo View Post

Some questions:
Spoiler for ep4:
Spoiler:
aardvark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-29, 21:13   Link #451
kauldron26
Med Student

after seeing episode 4, i am so impressed to see a studio have the balls to have a main character who happens to be a teenager that is not the least bit righteous. this dude actually shot is brother at point blank range. No remorse. no speeches. He did not even give a fuck. Bring on Code Geass. I am officially a fan.
Old 2006-10-29, 22:32   Link #452
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kauldron26 View Post
after seeing episode 4, i am so impressed to see a studio have the balls to have a main character who happens to be a teenager that is not the least bit righteous. this dude actually shot is brother at point blank range. No remorse. no speeches. He did not even give a fuck. Bring on Code Geass. I am officially a fan.
This must be Sunrise's attempt to improve on the "Shinn Asuka" design.
This time, they made sure the character isn't being lead by the nose like cattle. You can have a main character who may or may not be pleasant, or even be downright evil, but at the very least you need your main character to make his or her own decisions.
Old 2006-10-30, 01:57   Link #453
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoReMiFaSo View Post

Some questions:
Spoiler for ep4:
Spoiler:
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-30, 02:27   Link #454
Cal-Reflector

While hunting for images of Kar... I mean, Code Geass, I stumbled upon a japanese blog that amused me a great deal, reviewing episode 3. Original text and translations provided by W-General follow:

Spoiler for Geass Lovin from the Japanese fan community:
Old 2006-10-30, 04:53   Link #455
Conan-san
Cruel Angel's Thesis

Is it my imagination or does the mech designs bare a reseblence to the Aeastivalises of Nadseico?
Conan-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-30, 05:05   Link #456
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinndou View Post
Spoiler:
Regarding C.C...
Spoiler for in case peeps haven't seen ep 4:
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-30, 08:57   Link #457
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Am I the only one saddened by Clovis's death? He may not had been the most appealing character, but for his stereotype, I thought he was really really awesome for the short time he appeared.

Waves the "Clovis is awesomeness" flag

Away from Clovis, rewatching Episode 3 had me wondering if Kallen's inclusion into the Student Council was part of Lelouch's plan (( Lelouch and Kallen's place of discussion before interruption seemed out-of-place for his phone-diversion technique, and he couldn't had GEASSed Sayako then either to find a suitable place )). Not to mention all of a sudden, Kallen's in the Council? The timing was wayyy too perfect. It could really be a coincidence, but Lelouch telling Kallen that the Council Hall was suitable due to no interruption when there are clearly other members, the use of a diversion to buy time (( Assuming Lelouch really planned that, I suspect he planned to scram during the party to GEASS Sayako to call the main hall, but of course he himself screwed that up by making Kallen wet ))...Then he went on to GEASS Sayako while taking his clothes for Kallen...Sounds plausible.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-30, 10:40   Link #458
Li Jianliang
This is my ____ face

Send a message via AIM to Li Jianliang Send a message via MSN to Li Jianliang Send a message via Yahoo to Li Jianliang Send a message via Skype™ to Li Jianliang

The power of Geass isn't unlimited brainwashing/hypnotism but comes with its own set of rules... Hmm, Death Note, anyone?

Rules observed thus far:
- The user can only use it once on a same individual. Any following attempts will be ineffective.
- The user must have direct eye contact with the victim. The power cannot work over telecommunications or monitors.
- The user must give the command verbally. However, the power of Geass will control the victim for the duration of what the user's command indicates, so the victim may still act under the power's influence even when direct eye contact is broken.
- The user may use the power on as many people as he or she wishes simultaneously, provided that they meet the above rules first.
- The victim will not retain any memories from the time during which he or she is under the influence of the power of Geass.
(And before you know it, there'll be enough Geass rules to fill the U.S. tax law books... XDDD)

Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru episode 6: Dawn of the golden witch
Translations & summaries & screenshots
Part I | Part II In progress
Li Jianliang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-30, 11:00   Link #459
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Well it seems reasonable to me that the Geass power had to be limited somehow, otherwise it would be too damn easy for him to quickly take control of Area 11, wouldn't it? I mean, it would sort of spoil the fun for the viewers. It's better that way, with all those limits.

Spoiler for mild spoiler, based off episode 4:
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-30, 13:02   Link #460
chupacabra

There are a few things we don't know yet
Spoiler for based off episode 4:
chupacabra is offline   Reply With Quote