AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2006-11-04, 10:04   Link #521
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
Well, I do (along with other people like Li Jianliang) edit the said page from time to time when pertinent or relevant pieces of information come by (mostly after watching the episodes, to tell you the truth...nothing grand or special). If you want to know, my user name at Wikipedia is Soultaker7.

BTW, I just updated the Knightmare Frame and character sections with minor details. Any constructive addition is welcome.

It could have been Cornelia's little squad of trustworthy subordinates but since they use purple mechs and red uniforms they're out of the picture as there is no black color to speak of around them. Anyway, the previous ep is named after her so I doubt the director would use two eps in a row focused on her and her entourage. Rather, I'd prefer seeing an ambivalence - switching from one side to the other, like ep7: Cornelia's move, followed by ep8: Lelouch's counterattack.
Spoiler for ep 5 mecha:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
Anyhow...

Sounds indeed like someone is getting fans or copycats. How will our resident (but sympathetic in my own, warped standpoint :P) megalomaniac wield them is something I'm eager to see. )-D
V for Vendetta league, someone?
Spoiler for ep5 detail:
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-04, 10:15   Link #522
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retsoor View Post
Spoiler for Here be spoilarzzz:
Spoiler:

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-04, 10:31   Link #523
Retsoor

I don't think anyone is going to strictly copy Lelouch, his attire at least. That cape is too classy for anyone else to use.

>> Nightengale
Spoiler:
Retsoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-04, 19:32   Link #524
Flame-X
Anti-fan

damn this anime just kicks ass, love the animation and mecha action ^^
xcept i dont know how Clamp's character designs are always skinny looking.
Old 2006-11-04, 19:57   Link #525
lil-d01
loves bunnies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clamp-X View Post
damn this anime just kicks ass, love the animation and mecha action ^^
xcept i dont know how Clamp's character designs are always skinny looking.
Ahem:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinndou View Post

And by the way, some people here still mistake Geass for a CLAMP anime. CLAMP were merely involved in this. As some people have already stated, their only task was to create a few CONCEPT designs for a couple of characters. The mastermind behind this serie is Goro Taniguchi (director of s-CRY-ed, Planetes, Mugen no Ryvius, GUNxSWORD) and the actual character design adaptation is done by Takahiro Kimura (character designer of GUNxSWORD, Godannar, GaoGaiGar and other works).

Seriously guys, CLAMP has almost nothing to do with this anime. You could almost say that their name is shown in the opening solely to draw more people to watch this, but their actual involvement in the production, animation and direction of this anime is quite insignificant.
That post seems to be ignored alot.
lil-d01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-05, 01:34   Link #526
Sevaasu
My World, My Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Effect View Post
Yeah it seems only one group is doing this.
nono there are about 5 groups subbing....just that they are all behind, ep 4 i think is in either quality check or editing and ep 5 is being translated
Sevaasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-05, 06:49   Link #527
EragonJeriel
heh

They are really slow ! cant wait for episode 5
EragonJeriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-05, 06:53   Link #528
Renegade334
Exitus Acta Probat
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EragonJeriel View Post
You should first learn how a fansub group works, how much free time its members have (we all have private lives, it's not like we live only for the Web, don't sleep, don't work and are free 24/7 to chat, chat and chat some more), when can they meet to work on their files and such, before even criticizing them...
And I'm not even considering translation issues, quality and background checking (character names, information, etc)...most of which implicate different individuals that must be in contact with each other, preferably at the same time. All of that takes a helluva lot of time.

At least be grateful someone is subbing Code Geass...or you wouldn't have any subs to feast on. Beggars can't be choosers.

-- Permanently retired from the raw-hunting business --
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-05, 08:21   Link #529
Lotiman

It's a great anime. I thought Sunrise are the one who produce this anime instead of CLAMP.
Lotiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-05, 08:34   Link #530
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Err....I don't know if I read that wrong or your grammar's weird to my eyes or something, but Sunrise are the ones who's producing this, not CLAMP. CLAMP's involvement in this relates only to original conceptual character designs, nothing more.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-05, 18:53   Link #531
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I thought this anime wasn't produced by Sunrise. At all.

Though I'm still at ep1, it looks REALLY GOOD to me.

That smile simply was Death Note-esque and highly reminiscent of Yagami Raito's.

ME = LOVE SHOW = FANBOY

Last edited by physics223; 2006-11-05 at 19:17.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-05, 19:46   Link #532
Li Jianliang
This is my ____ face

Send a message via AIM to Li Jianliang Send a message via MSN to Li Jianliang Send a message via Yahoo to Li Jianliang Send a message via Skype™ to Li Jianliang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevaasu View Post
nono there are about 5 groups subbing....just that they are all behind, ep 4 i think is in either quality check or editing and ep 5 is being translated
**raises hand** I'm working on episode 5 currently (yep, temporarily skipping over 1-4)... Almost halfway through now... >_>

Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru episode 6: Dawn of the golden witch
Translations & summaries & screenshots
Part I | Part II In progress
Li Jianliang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-06, 00:12   Link #533
Sevaasu
My World, My Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Li Jianliang View Post
**raises hand** I'm working on episode 5 currently (yep, temporarily skipping over 1-4)... Almost halfway through now... >_>
well thx....gg has already got 5 almost done...or in the middle like u
but thx anyway
Sevaasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-06, 02:07   Link #534
lil-d01
loves bunnies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EragonJeriel View Post
O.O I actually think they're pretty damn fast - too fast. Not like it's a bad thing though. All subbers should be respected.
lil-d01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-06, 03:08   Link #535
EragonJeriel
heh

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil-d01 View Post
O.O I actually think they're pretty damn fast - too fast. Not like it's a bad thing though. All subbers should be respected.
Agree
it wouldnt hurt to be faster though
i love gg for fansubbing geass and their direct downloads
EragonJeriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-06, 04:13   Link #536
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I love [gg] for Ayakashi and now I love them for their Code Geass. Seriously, they're among the best subbers for choice of anime and for subbing quality. Lunar's another great group. I like A-Kraze's releases and all, but they're pretty slow. The former two sub ... FAST.

I just finished ep2, and all I could say is WOW OMG KILL ME THIS SHOW IS SO AMAZING.
Old 2006-11-06, 05:13   Link #537
JediNight
キズランダム

Omg all these blatant Pizza Hut ads in the anime are pathetic x_X Makes me ashamed to be a delivery driver while at school :P I sure how this kind of blatant product placement isn't what we have to look forward to in the future of anime =*(

I have to give them credit for attention to detail though -- in Ep5 if you pause on that article about Zero, it actually reads in fluent English =D

EDIT: Yes darn those slow gg people, I mean it takes them an ENTIRE 7-10 days for you to get a free English subtitle release to watch. I wish it was 10 years ago where I could only wait 1-2 years to get tapesubs in the mail for $6-8 each for 4 eps! ;p
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-06, 05:49   Link #538
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Fuck, I must be blind. I don't see any ... or maybe I'm just looking too much into the show's awesome disquisition on the horrors of imperialism (read: Karen's breasts).
Old 2006-11-06, 06:07   Link #539
JediNight
キズランダム

There was Pizza Hut signs in Shinjuku, then more on the freeway. There were some inside the train in Ep4. And now theres the big Pizza Hut logo on the pizza box that CC is eating from in Ep5...
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-06, 16:11   Link #540
ryaken

Send a message via MSN to ryaken
Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223 View Post
Fuck, I must be blind. I don't see any ... or maybe I'm just looking too much into the show's awesome disquisition on the horrors of imperialism (read: Karen's breasts).
lol, catch up catch up!
Geass episode 5 really notches it up for me. While the suspense isn't as high strung as episode 4, the plot situation is getting more complex. The cast is quite large, indeed, and I have to say that I love the character designs. They all look so good.

Don't want to spoil anything for EP5, but the next episodes of Geass are going to be really enjoyable, and I'm glad gg is working on it; I've been watching the raws and later the subs.

On the pizza ads, perhaps this can be of help Pizza most popular delivery food in Japan recent survey.

Cheers guys!
ryaken is offline   Reply With Quote