AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-08-28, 10:27   Link #5921
CC
♥ 無情この世はすべて
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: :iiam:
I don't believe it was, blade. :x
CC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-28, 10:58   Link #5922
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
what ever it may be
it HAD to be pretty high
euphie is called "princess massacre" despite coming from a family who's members commit massacres regularly
seriously, almost every single member of the britannian royal family, lelouch included, is responsible for one at least
and even in THAT group euphie stands out
the death toll must have been high
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-28, 12:06   Link #5923
eaglei3
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
what ever it may be
it HAD to be pretty high
euphie is called "princess massacre" despite coming from a family who's members commit massacres regularly
seriously, almost every single member of the britannian royal family, lelouch included, is responsible for one at least
and even in THAT group euphie stands out
the death toll must have been high
A name does not have to come from numbers necessarily but could come from how the act was performed. It could be possible that she received that name from the apparent deception that she lured innocent Japanese civilians to the arena to 'massacre' them. Battles between nations may not get you that title even if you kill just as many people in the battle as the one who slaughtered countless innocent.
eaglei3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-28, 12:11   Link #5924
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
all the same
there were said to be over 200,000 people who signed up for the SAZ
most of them would be at the ceremony, lined up like ducks in a row
then comes the order to massacre them all, and a large group of highly trained and heavily armed soldiers gets to work
even if only 10% of them died (likely more) then thats 20,000 people
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-28, 20:50   Link #5925
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Rio
Yeah... It doesn't need to be that high. In the end, it seemed like all that was a scam to gather people to kill, even if it wasn't sucessfull, the action is all that matters in this case, specially because Euphemia was one of the few britannians that people could trust.

So, i don't think it was that high of a number. Maybe 1000...
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-29, 02:02   Link #5926
roriconfan
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Thessaloniki - Greece
Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
It's not numbers but the thought that counts.

One, a thousand, a million... It was an act of racism.
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-31, 16:43   Link #5927
Sailor C.C
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Area Eleven, jk america unfortunately
well..... it seems like it but she was under the power of the geass

anyways what she did was a massacre becasue she killed a bunch of people at once, innocent people that was
__________________
Yaoi Fangirl Zone! Enter with Caution!
Sailor C.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-01, 20:21   Link #5928
Charred Knight
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Taniguchi and Okouchi have flat out stated that Lelouch is dead. It's stated in the guide that Lelouch is dead. It's stated in the Zero Requiem edition of Code Geass that lelouch is dead.
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-01, 20:29   Link #5929
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Tampa
Its simple. We all saw Lelouch die and not get back up and other sources stated he's dead. In essence, Lelouch is dead until shown otherwise.
__________________
SonOfHeaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-01, 20:34   Link #5930
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
People die when they are killed. This is fact, as stated by Shiro Emiya. Lelouch, a people, was killed, therefore he is dead.
__________________
Rising Dragon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-01, 20:35   Link #5931
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Just to start: Word of God confirmed that he is dead. Get over it. You've lost this debate already. The naysayers, as you call them, have actual proof. What follows is what rational people call circumstantial evidence. In other words, you have no proof. Now to address your points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngtoshiro View Post
the first thing i want to bring up is that charles shot himself threw the hurt thus killing himself do to the orders of lelouch they are in C's world
He was doing that to be a dick, not because Lelouch forced him to. The Code blocks Geass, and the scene has no indication that the command actually took effect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngtoshiro View Post
OH SH!T the dead guy came back from the dead well if you rewind/fast forward to 7:25 and watch until 7:35 and listen to what C.C is saying you'll hear her say "charles why steal V.V's code now why would you kill the older brother you loved so much" and as u listen look at were V.V and C.C are there out side C's world so charles did not kill him because he and lelouch are inside C's world the only reason V.V died was because of his injuries from the explosion and every thing else Ex. charles basically took him off of life support and he died because of lack of oxygen bad example because charles was in a different space,time realm thingy when he took his code but you get what i mean
No, I don't get what you mean. Try using punctuation. But given what you say later, I can tell you this: Charles took V.V.'s code before Lelouch showed up and was sucked into the World of C. he didn't magically snatch it across dimensions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngtoshiro View Post
C.C's situation with the nun and obtaining the code was a bit different because C.C might have killed the NUN as i recall it didn't show the middle of when the nun was alive and when she was dead who know exactly what happened there but either way C.C died in witch she got/activated the code
The nun killed herself. If C.C. had done it she wouldn't be so nicely posed in death, while C.C. was absolutely sprawled out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngtoshiro View Post
lelouch's way of getting the code isn't really that simple as C.C's yet more simple than Charles's because charles got the code and he didn't have any physical contact with V.V when he stole his code unlike C.C and the nun were she had contact wile lelouch had the same exact thing as his father no contact when the code was activated but had contact when the code was passed on like C.C the passing of the nun's code to C.C was deliberate/onperpose wile the passing of V.V's wasn't that much maybe it was we don't know and the passing of Charles's code wasn't even near on purpose
See above. Charles had physical contact with V.V. in the scene directly previous to Lelouch arriving at the Twilight Door. You just don't get to see it. Charles stole V.V.'s Code on purpose. The nun forced the Code onto C.C on purpose. At least one person has to want the change to go down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngtoshiro View Post
and maybe on the off chance that C.C gave lelouch her code or lelouch took it from her is there don't get me wrong cause at episode 25 when C.C's crying you don't see the geass mark but then again you don't see it when Charles takes the code from V.V or on the Nun so maybe the chance that lelouch and C.C planned for her to live the rest of her days with lelouch and after wards lelouch just lives out the rest of his immortal life passing on the code
She's still immortal, so no she didn't give him the Code. Neither did Charles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngtoshiro View Post
and then that's when a R3 comes into play when something happens to nunally or the chance of something happening to her is really high and lelouch steps out of the shadows to save the day(hopefully) and then that's when we find out if C.C gave the code to lelouch or if he took the code from his father
Only in fanfiction, which as you say you wish to write. Good luck to you there, but remember that it isn't canon. Lelouch is dead in canon.
__________________
morbosfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 03:23   Link #5932
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
so if every piece of evidence that gets released after the show tells you that he really is dead
the creater of the show says that he is dead, and that he considers it a HAPPY ending because of it
and they go far enough to change the epilouge at the end of the special addition DVD to change the last scene from one that raises questions to one that gives answers about him being dead

that means you have 100% evidence to back up your claim that he is alive ?
enough to put all of us naysayers in our place ?



as for your theory, see morbo's post
__________________

Last edited by bladeofdarkness; 2009-09-02 at 03:43.
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-03, 01:58   Link #5933
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Rio
I think it's amazing how from every discussion that come up here, THIS is the one that never dies, hehe.

Lelouch lives... In our hearts. Be satisfied with that, cause, until Sunrise says the contrary(and until that moment, she did nothing but saying that he is REALLY dead), it's the only thing regarding him that you will get.

When the owner of the character doesn't want him alive, well, it's a lost battle, mon ami.
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-03, 02:15   Link #5934
roriconfan
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Thessaloniki - Greece
Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
Jesus died too yet he is still alive in our hearts. And Elvis Prisley did not died but was taken by aliens. Same story; if you want someone to stay alive, he never dies. Like the DBZ heroes.
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-03, 06:02   Link #5935
pacific
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
The "problem" with Lelouch's death, is that a lot of people use the "CC was shot millionz times, but she is alive!!11" and that Charles grabbed so tenderly with his Code hand Lelouch from the neck in this so good quality animation episode.
Sure, ok, we could prolly find a starting alive point about him, using the above statements, but director said he was dead, Lelouch planned a perfect -suicide but at the same time being Jesus for you world- plan, to get it back to travel at Hawaii with C.C or idk what else.
Point is, Nerv HQ line in another favorite fans anime, said:
"God's in His Heaven, All's right with the World."
Yeah, same applies to Geass, till the show gets the milky treatment and million excuses can be found. In original Geass, Geass R2 Lelouch died a pretty badass, sad epic death. Period.
pacific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-03, 06:57   Link #5936
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
its not just the word of god
even the scene with C.C crying in the church should have hammered home the point
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-03, 07:01   Link #5937
pacific
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
its not just the word of god
even the scene with C.C crying in the church should have hammered home the point
We're going with the "super powers." Like, the official-official, that still crazily-stated otherwise, it stays like it is.
There are way million other evidences in the show. People just examine the death itself, and they do not care to see, how this was conceived, death is the outcome of a certain development, about Lelouch atoning and stuff. Like, for example, same happens with the the KallenxLelouch kiss in Turn 22, people examine only that, the whole "zomg no reaction, one sided etc." and do not see the whole development and how this was the climax. But anyway, this is not the thread about it.
The point is, we look behind the curtain and examine all of the concept, we do not nitpick in something and make this the whole reason of our argument.
pacific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-03, 08:03   Link #5938
roriconfan
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Thessaloniki - Greece
Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
For all we care, C.C. and the other Geass members have internal Dragonballs that ressurect them at the scriptwiters' whim. It is an easy thing to imagine the lead is not dead. There were several other secondary characters who miraculously survived off screen. Why not the lead?

This is why magical ressurections and survivals are a blunder to any series. You can't accept someone is dead... even when he is.
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-03, 08:04   Link #5939
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
People die when they are killed. This is fact, as stated by Shiro Emiya. Lelouch, a people, was killed, therefore he is dead.
Refering to the actual translation, what if people don't stay dead when they die?
__________________
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-03, 16:16   Link #5940
ZeBird0
In a tree
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The States
Age: 20
I can see from the majority of this page that Lelouch is dead-dead. But I still have one little question. In the ending scene,
Spoiler for scene:

It just makes me wonder.
__________________
ZeBird0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:53.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.