AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2009-09-08, 09:16   Link #5981
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
So anyway, I done heard through the grape vine that there's gonna be some kind of special Code Geass news in next month's Newtype. Here's the link.

http://community.livejournal.com/cod...s/1472576.html

I'm not getting my hopes up too much, but...well, you never know.

I certainly hope that the producers re-make Code Geass R2 to the format that was originally planned at the same late night audience of Season One before the whole production went into chaos because of the timeslot change to Sunday at 5PM, which had forced them to scrap those plans and to completely re-write the entire second season to reflect the changes made at a different audience.

For that version, according to Lelouch's Voice Actor, three original episode scripts were already written before the production staff were forced the shelved those plans. So all they have to do is to resume production from where the three episode scripts left off.

At least that is what I am hoping to see. Although, a completely different Code Geass is still a very strong possibility.
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-08, 09:47   Link #5982
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Was Zero requiem part of the origianal R2 script or was that also something that was made up as a result of the time slot change?
Old 2009-09-08, 10:19   Link #5983
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
Was Zero requiem part of the origianal R2 script or was that also something that was made up as a result of the time slot change?
Well, since the production staff keep saying that the ending was what they had planned in the first place, I daresay it was part of the original R2 script.
Old 2009-09-08, 11:03   Link #5984
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
given that nunnaly seems to be running it
i'd say its still monarchy
Then the real question is whether it's still an absolute monarchy or if it has converted to a constitutional monarchy.
Old 2009-09-08, 11:07   Link #5985
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
in the couple of months that passed since lelouch's death ?
i doubt it
maybe its a future policy that nunnaly would enact, but for the time being, it seems that nunnaly is in charge

what i kinda wonder is if its public knowledge that nunnaly and lelouch were full blood related siblings
or if its just a case of "part of the royal family" like shnizel and cornellia are
Old 2009-09-08, 15:48   Link #5986
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

It wouldn't take a genius to realize that Nunnaly and Lelouch were brother and sister, but that's beside the point. Schneizel and Cornelia are also related by blood to Lelouch the demon lol.
Old 2009-09-08, 16:02   Link #5987
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I think most people would be more interested in why Nunnally showed such obvious grief for the death of the Demon Emperor.

But even that can be explained to the public without too much trouble.

"He may have been a monster but he was still my brother."
Old 2009-09-08, 16:36   Link #5988
shinigami99

Quote:
So anyway, I done heard through the grape vine that there's gonna be some kind of special Code Geass news in next month's Newtype. Here's the link.

YEAA, it feels good to have something code geass related to hype about after a year of speculation and hopes......hope they don't burst my bubble

I highly doubt they're going to do a remake(I dont actually want one really), i just want a new series in an AU, different characters with different high points and flaws that make us want to keep discussing them more and more
shinigami99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-08, 16:41   Link #5989
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post

The Zero Requiem was part of the original story. However, we don't know if it really meant that Lelouch would be the main antagonist to unite the world against him, or someone else for that matter. The Zero Requiem could have meant anything, besides Lelouch's death. Given the notion that Lelouch was the main character in the story, by killing him off, it pretty much assures the viewer that Code Geass was put to a halt.

If the staff wanted to continue the story with Lelouch, why kill him off to begin with, unless the producers wanted this situation to happen so that Sunrise would give them the option to do another Code Geass project? If I didn't like how my show was conducted due to the limitations that was placed upon me, I would kill off the main character as well. This way, the fans would be writing to voice their demands to produce more Code Geass storyline and merchandise.
Old 2009-09-08, 16:45   Link #5990
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinigami99 View Post
YEAA, it feels good to have something code geass related to hype about after a year of speculation and hopes......hope they don't burst my bubble

I highly doubt they're going to do a remake(I dont actually want one really), i just want a new series in an AU, different characters with different high points and flaws that make us want to keep discussing them more and more
I certainly hope that it is a remake of Code Geass R2 that was based on the original storyline that was scrapped. They are producing a remake of Full Metal Alchemist, for example. Who knows?
Old 2009-09-08, 17:25   Link #5991
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
here is a new question
how evil WAS the geass cult ?

we know that this organization predates the current world conflict in code geass
from what we see in C.C's memories, its been around for quite a while
and prior to V.V taking it over C.C was the leader
and she makes it a point to state that V.V, unlike her, is actually directing it in serving him like he wants (C.C admits that its her fault for letting them run astray)

prior to that, its quite possible that this was simply an organization dedicated to geass research
during V.V's reign, they actively train new geass users as super soldiers, but that could very well be only because V.V orders them to
lelouch planned to take over the cult and use it himself
maybe they just work for whoever controls them at the time, and do whatever he wants without an active agenda of their own
scientists rarely deal with the politics of what their creations would be used for
Old 2009-09-08, 17:32   Link #5992
FerrisWheel
Earl of Cookies
*Author

Does anyone else realize that the characters never genuinly laugh? I'm referring to Suzaku and Lelouch. All I ever saw them do was cackle evilly..and that was usually when they came into full realizaiton of how much thier lives suck.
Old 2009-09-08, 17:51   Link #5993
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

Quote:

I'm not expecting anything too much as well. An AU or an sequel would be nice though. Might as well move forward in the series in my opinion.
Old 2009-09-08, 17:54   Link #5994
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
here is a new question
how evil WAS the geass cult ?

we know that this organization predates the current world conflict in code geass
from what we see in C.C's memories, its been around for quite a while
and prior to V.V taking it over C.C was the leader
and she makes it a point to state that V.V, unlike her, is actually directing it in serving him like he wants (C.C admits that its her fault for letting them run astray)

prior to that, its quite possible that this was simply an organization dedicated to geass research
during V.V's reign, they actively train new geass users as super soldiers, but that could very well be only because V.V orders them to
lelouch planned to take over the cult and use it himself
maybe they just work for whoever controls them at the time, and do whatever he wants without an active agenda of their own
scientists rarely deal with the politics of what their creations would be used for
In my opinion, I believed that the Geass Cult was to have had a major importance in the original plans for Code Geass R2. This could have been the main story that might have had the sort of development that might have made the second season interesting. The Geass Cult might have been the main catalyst for the second season. Instead, they were killed off so easily by the Black Knights. It would have been nice to known about the relationship between C.C. and V.V. as far as their origins was concern, and how they came to create the Geass Cult. This might have been the main story for the second season before it was scrapped.
Old 2009-09-09, 19:09   Link #5995
FerrisWheel
Earl of Cookies
*Author

Was the truth of the matter about Marianne was that she was a cruel,mean woman,and not the woman Lelouch idolized?
Old 2009-09-09, 19:35   Link #5996
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrisWheel View Post
Was the truth of the matter about Marianne was that she was a cruel,mean woman,and not the woman Lelouch idolized?
It would be more accurate to say she's both, the nice woman on the surface with a mean streak underneath. Besides, that nice part was played up in side materials or so I hear. Other materials have her showing a decidedly more brutal persona.
Old 2009-09-09, 21:01   Link #5997
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Quote:

Wow, i'm already totally hyped!

I mean, even if it's something totally stupid, it's something made of Code Geass, so it should be at least interesting.

Of course i'm so hyped now that i'm already betting that will be the movie i've longed for so long.
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-10, 17:35   Link #5998
FerrisWheel
Earl of Cookies
*Author

Has anyone else noticed that making a geas contract is esentially like those old stories where someone would make a deal with a demon,or the devil?Does anyone know if that's what the story was actually based on,only a more modernized version?
Old 2009-09-10, 17:38   Link #5999
FerrisWheel
Earl of Cookies
*Author

Oh,and if they ever make an R3,I hope they use this type of story line for it. (I would prefer it around 8-11 years in the future,so I won't have to see oldzaku and oldkallen.
Spoiler for Pic:

(You may need to use Microsoft picture viewier to see the comic.
Old 2009-09-10, 17:42   Link #6000
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

I'd suggest posting the full-size comic, not a thumbnail. I've already read it, though, as most here probably have.