AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-02-09, 13:30   Link #7021
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
She wasn't even given a chance to be fanservice in the show. Isn't It Sad?
its not that
you could have had ANY character in her place
you could have had some random mook

whats the point of making sure kallen kills both brother AND sister like that ?
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-09, 14:43   Link #7022
Nobodyman9
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: U.S.A.
Age: 26
Just further evidence of my belief that the CG writers are just a bunch of sick sadists (see also the deaths of Shirley and Euphie)
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-09, 14:59   Link #7023
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
the abuse of female characters is a well known fact in sunrise
but THAT part (with marika) was just a REALLY sick joke that served no purpose i can think of
you can very clearly see how sheirly and euphie's deaths played a large part in the story
but THAT, that was just some kinda pointlessly cruel joke
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-09, 15:34   Link #7024
Nobodyman9
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: U.S.A.
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
the abuse of female characters is a well known fact in sunrise
Too right. The folks at Sunrise are just a bunch of sick misogynists. And yet we still continue to watch their work. Shame shame..............

Quote:
but THAT part (with marika) was just a REALLY sick joke that served no purpose i can think of
you can very clearly see how sheirly and euphie's deaths played a large part in the story
but THAT, that was just some kinda pointlessly cruel joke
And I'll agree with that. Yes, Shirley and Euphie's deaths did, for the most part, serve a larger purpose (but isn't it funny how it's the pure and innocent ones that have to die, eh?)

Last edited by Nobodyman9; 2010-02-09 at 17:18.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-09, 15:49   Link #7025
azul120
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
And Suzaku taking down Monica and Dorothea as if they were a couple of redshirts in Turn 22 didn't do any favors either. I've seen some amusing hate over the former's death in particular, lol.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-09, 17:04   Link #7026
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by azul120 View Post
And Suzaku taking down Monica and Dorothea as if they were a couple of redshirts in Turn 22 didn't do any favors either. I've seen some amusing hate over the former's death in particular, lol.
those two were just sunrise being the misogynistic bastards that they are
the one i was talking about was not only misogynistic, but also comes off as a sort of sick joke from a storytelling POV
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-09, 18:36   Link #7027
Betteroffer
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
Spoiler for Marika:


I felt kinda bad when I learned she was Kewell's sister...srsly, gj Kallen, you've destroyed the Kewell lineage...>_>
Their last name is actually "Sorsei" but yeah, I agree with the sick-and-pointlessness of it.
Betteroffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-09, 19:07   Link #7028
azul120
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Cornelia was another extremely skilled Knightmare pilot, though you didn't see her in combat during R2.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-09, 21:50   Link #7029
Revolutionist
Puppet Master
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Behind You
David also had a killer tan...>_>
__________________
I cannot give you back your homes, or restore your dead to life, but perhaps I can give you justice, in the name of our King. ~ Ned Stark
Revolutionist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-10, 15:35   Link #7030
Revolutionist
Puppet Master
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Behind You
I just tried google and there was very little on the Glaston Knights. Tried David T Dalton and this topic was on the first page, there's nothing on the poor guy.

Then, just for kicks I tried Nagisa Chiba...and wow I am pissed off and want to rage. That stupid, ugly ass, dumb, useless character has lots of pics and info about her. What was her purpose? She kills David in the gayest, most cowardly way possible (she stabs him in the back while his machine is damaged by Kallen), and then she gets to live a full, happy life by Todou? Fuck that. She was one of those characters that could've died and her death would've had the same effect on the universe as if an ant had been stepped on. Nobody cares, nobody noticed, and nobody would miss her.

Would've been nice if Todou is killed right in front of her by Claudio as revenge for killing his father and all his brothers, and then Bismarck impales her with Excalibur and she died a Nicol-like death. That would've made my day IMO.
__________________
I cannot give you back your homes, or restore your dead to life, but perhaps I can give you justice, in the name of our King. ~ Ned Stark
Revolutionist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-10, 15:39   Link #7031
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
isn't that a bit of too much hate ?
considering that chiba is "one of those characters that could've died and her death would've had the same effect on the universe as if an ant had been stepped on."
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-10, 15:54   Link #7032
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Germany
Age: 24
She killed him in the gayest way possible? Well, she did stab from behi-...err, in the back, even! him... but she's still female!
Echem. Never really cared much about Chiba either way. She could have been an interesting character, but somehow, ended up just being there.
__________________
"I think of the disturbance in Area 11 as a chess puzzle, set forth by Lelouch." - Clovis la Britannia

Last edited by Nogitsune; 2010-02-10 at 16:07.
Nogitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-10, 16:11   Link #7033
Revolutionist
Puppet Master
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Behind You
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
isn't that a bit of too much hate ?
considering that chiba is "one of those characters that could've died and her death would've had the same effect on the universe as if an ant had been stepped on."
nah, just enough.
__________________
I cannot give you back your homes, or restore your dead to life, but perhaps I can give you justice, in the name of our King. ~ Ned Stark
Revolutionist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-10, 16:26   Link #7034
Knightrunner
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: United States--- California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post

Would've been nice if Todou is killed right in front of her by Claudio as revenge for killing his father and all his brothers, and then Bismarck impales her with Excalibur and she died a Nicol-like death. That would've made my day IMO.
lol. a bit extreme for a minor character but it would work. I cheer for Urabe of the Four Holy Swords.
Knightrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-10, 17:14   Link #7035
azul120
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
That had nothing on Gino's behind the back spam killing of Senba. (And on top of that, Gino was on the oppressor's side, as opposed to your Kallen and Chiba cases.)
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-10, 17:20   Link #7036
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
not only that
gino has a FLYING knightmare while senba's stuck in place, and gino is suppose to be one of the ELITES of britannia
then again, taking people by surprise/attacking without warning/ hitting from behind seems to be his main method of fighting
he does this to senba, xing-ke, Lelouch (who was saved because of the shinkiro) guilford, and tried to do the same with suzaku in ep 22
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-10, 17:40   Link #7037
azul120
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
not only that
gino has a FLYING knightmare while senba's stuck in place, and gino is suppose to be one of the ELITES of britannia
then again, taking people by surprise/attacking without warning/ hitting from behind seems to be his main method of fighting
he does this to senba, xing-ke, Lelouch (who was saved because of the shinkiro) guilford, and tried to do the same with suzaku in ep 22
Yeah, by spamming I was referring to the massive delta in gear between Gino and Senba. Not to mention that given Senba being perhaps the oldest and most weathered combatant, and Gino being an Upper Class Twit, on top of the whole Japan getting back at the Britannian Overlords business, that had to be an extremely depressing, and annoying way to go out.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-10, 18:01   Link #7038
Knightrunner
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: United States--- California
Quote:
Originally Posted by azul120 View Post
Yeah, by spamming I was referring to the massive delta in gear between Gino and Senba. Not to mention that given Senba being perhaps the oldest and most weathered combatant, and Gino being an Upper Class Twit, on top of the whole Japan getting back at the Britannian Overlords business, that had to be an extremely depressing, and annoying way to go out.
It is an extremely depressing way to go out considering how long Senba lived. If I were Gino I would have taken that chance to beat one of the memberse of the Four Holy Swords.
Knightrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-10, 19:08   Link #7039
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solstice Cross View Post
I would've liked to see atleast more then one Darlton kid survive, but no matter... No such thing as right or wrong on a battlefield, just who is killed, and who walks away.
one DID survive
cant remember which, but one of them did survive past the end
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-10, 19:56   Link #7040
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
one DID survive
cant remember which, but one of them did survive past the end
Claudio, the brown haired one.
__________________
morbosfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:58.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.