AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2007-04-04, 06:52   Link #921
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destinyblade View Post
Personally, I felt that if they ended Code Geass at 25 episodes, this series would be rushed. We probably wouldn't have gotten to see a lot of characters in a lot of detail.
i totally agree on that, there is still soo much that havent been explained yet, for this reason it couldnt be pulled off in a 2 episode special as the last episode..

for example even if Lelouch defeats Britannia in Japan.. there is surely to evelop a world wide crisis and his story wouldnt have ended there..
also the secret of geass.. i believe that Code Geass will surely end like Death Note, if you know what i mean.. but not yet.. C.C. still has way too many mysteries.. Lelouch has just begun with his plan to eliminate Britannia.. we havent heard of C.C. wish nor Lelouch's.. and the list goes on and on..

mostly what i am certain off is that they will have a suzaku finding out about lelouch moment and that will not be int he last episode i am sure of that

most people will wyne about a second season making the series horrible..
but sometimes more would be needed to explain everything correctly (not like FMA.. was in the end).. i believe that if they only had 26 episodes.. it would ruin the series more than having a second season air in fall
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-06, 07:57   Link #922
Renegade334
Exitus Acta Probat
*Graphic Designer

~Post removed at Celiss' request~

-- Permanently retired from the raw-hunting business --

Last edited by Renegade334; 2007-06-17 at 04:00.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-12, 18:03   Link #923
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via Skype™ to DJ_RockmanX
There's no really good place to put this, so I'll just post it here.

If it was to be Suzaku of the Counterattack, it'd better look something like this.

Watch now before it's pulled off of Youtube! It's this guy's first and only video!

Last edited by DJ_RockmanX; 2007-04-13 at 01:26.
DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-12, 18:35   Link #924
Deathwing
what do i know

nice video i loved the ending
Deathwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-12, 21:24   Link #925
SuperAsuradaGundam

Send a message via AIM to SuperAsuradaGundam
OMG that was awesome, but I can't have a wild night tonight.
Old 2007-04-15, 16:13   Link #926
AOforever1

Send a message via AIM to AOforever1 Send a message via MSN to AOforever1
I definitely believe Code Geas would benefit greatly with a second season. There is simply too much left open ended right now; and we have just reached a new turning point in the series (also known as "arc").

Now the question is... when is it going it air?! I'm going to lose interest if it takes too long T_T

And I still think Lulu should of hooked up with Shirley xD
Old 2007-04-25, 14:26   Link #927
Renegade334
Exitus Acta Probat
*Graphic Designer

~Post removed at Celiss' request~

Last edited by Renegade334; 2007-06-17 at 04:01.
Old 2007-04-29, 13:46   Link #928
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
I don't know if this was known, but apparently Code Geass took the Best TV Anime Series award at the 6th Annual Tokyo Anime Awards Ceremony. It tied with Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi and Death Note, but neither of the three scored Animation of the year which went to The Girl Who Lept Through Time. What is crazy is that two haven't even finished and have taken the awards.

Now I can lord it over Haruhi fans that my pick for the best anime series of 2006 has been deemed equal to their all-time favourite series. HA HA, Petty!
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-29, 17:49   Link #929
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
^ lol but i must say it was well deserved :3 CG earned my respect the moment pizza hut started giving me discounts XD

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-06, 21:37   Link #930
OMG_Zerg_Rush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
I don't know if this was known, but apparently Code Geass took the Best TV Anime Series award at the 6th Annual Tokyo Anime Awards Ceremony. It tied with Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi and Death Note, but neither of the three scored Animation of the year which went to The Girl Who Lept Through Time. What is crazy is that two haven't even finished and have taken the awards.

Now I can lord it over Haruhi fans that my pick for the best anime series of 2006 has been deemed equal to their all-time favourite series. HA HA, Petty!
On that note: Jun Fukuyama won the award for best actor in a leader role for his performance as Lelouch Lamperouge in the series, while Ami Koshimizu won the award for best actress in a supporting role for her performance as Kallen Stadtfeld.
________
Marijuana strain strawberry cough

Last edited by OMG_Zerg_Rush; 2011-03-21 at 14:53.
OMG_Zerg_Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-10, 09:55   Link #931
frustra
Team M.Y.T.Hi.C.

i don't know if this was posted already, but just in case-

i got this from Anime News Service [ www.animenewsservice.com]

5-9-07 (9:18AM EDT)---- Code Geass Sequel World Premiere

STAGE24&25 will debut the Code Geass sequel animation in Japan in a series of 90 minute events On July 21st in Osaka and July 22nd in Tokyo. Several of the key staff and cast of the original will appear.
Old 2007-05-10, 10:48   Link #932
Renegade334
Exitus Acta Probat
*Graphic Designer

Yeah, we already know of it. 2chan seems to grab hold of such info way before the 'official' outlets release the tidbit. Anyway, it seems to be an invitation-only event where 1,500 fans that have won at a sort of lottery will have the chance to view the last two eps of S1. The screening will also see the attendance of staff members and VAs like Fukuyama and Yukana.

Old 2007-05-13, 13:31   Link #933
SinsI

Why didn't they just cut those two eps and add them to the second season? That would've been better, IMHO.
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-13, 17:54   Link #934
quina

Send a message via MSN to quina
Quote:
Originally Posted by SinsI View Post
Why didn't they just cut those two eps and add them to the second season? That would've been better, IMHO.
You probably go "oh wow" when seeing the last 2...
They must be some freaking great ending for S1
Old 2007-05-13, 18:00   Link #935
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Well, we don't know what type of ending they have planned for the first season yet --- and from the look of things, the second season shall take a different path.

I'm sure its not just me, but i don't want epic ending thats best suited for an ending as the start of a new season.
Old 2007-05-13, 22:38   Link #936
SinsI

What I meant is that for all intents and purposes season 1 has already ended, with the ending being the one we saw in ep23 - a good cliffhanger.
Instead of creating a movie/ova they could've just put that material into season 2 and given it an explosive beginning.
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-15, 06:18   Link #937
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
What I meant is that for all intents and purposes season 1 has already ended, with the ending being the one we saw in ep23 - a good cliffhanger.
Instead of creating a movie/ova they could've just put that material into season 2 and given it an explosive beginning.
That means Code Geass will lose two episodes as a whole. TV schedules are not very flexible for anime, as is shown for how they had to hunt for a timeslot for the final two episodes. If they did as you asked you would be forcing them to squash the last two episodes into the time dedicated for season two, thus forcing the 25 episodes given to Code Geass season two to become 23 episodes.

Anyway, I believe there is a good chance there might be some form of short time-jump between the two season. Not too long; a month or two is enough of a time gap to allow BK to settle into their new role as ruler of USJ and give time for new characters to get into the country. And if there is going to be a timejump, it is best to be at the start of season 2.
Old 2007-05-21, 01:26   Link #938
DingDong

Hey i know it may be off topic, but i started watching this series and was wondering which fansubs are better? Shinsen or gg? Thanks in advance
DingDong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-21, 03:43   Link #939
OMG_Zerg_Rush

Quote:
Originally Posted by DingDong View Post
Hey i know it may be off topic, but i started watching this series and was wondering which fansubs are better? Shinsen or gg? Thanks in advance
GG imo is the better sub group.
________
Design host

Last edited by OMG_Zerg_Rush; 2011-03-21 at 14:54.
OMG_Zerg_Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-21, 06:48   Link #940
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Volumes 01 to 04 of the DVD's arrived for me today. Just checked out a few scenes, and the wacky commentaries. :3

Probably shall watch what i have today.