AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-10-07, 12:00   Link #1481
C.C.
Gray Witch
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Italy
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baixinho View Post
Ok, thanks.

Well, I agree that if they give a definite answer, the ambiguity the built in episode 25 will be instantly crushed
I translated a part of that "CONTINUE" magazine (with google translator -.-) and the line

"ルルーシュ死す!? その結末はバッドエンドなのか、それとも――?"

"Lelouch Death!? The end of the BADDOENDO, or -?"

(Baddoendo lol)

It means that we'll never know the truth.

Spoiler for List of Code GEASS dead characters:
__________________
C.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 12:09   Link #1482
incorrupts
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Greece
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
All these scans in the latest two pages are from the upcoming Newtype/Animedia etc?

And this http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/4778311515/ is supposed to be?
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 12:15   Link #1483
equinox822
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.C. View Post
I translated a part of that "CONTINUE" magazine (with google translator -.-) and the line

"ルルーシュ死す!? その結末はバッドエンドなのか、それとも――?"

"Lelouch Death!? The end of the BADDOENDO, or -?"

(Baddoendo lol)

It means that we'll never know the truth.

Spoiler for List of Code GEASS dead characters:

That death list was from the same magazine? Nothing conclusive in that case...and the line you translated will keep us guessing /facepalm
equinox822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 12:34   Link #1484
Zenemis
Megabuddy
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Perth, Australia.
Age: 7
S07 - Izumi escapes from the Saitama Ghetto Destruction Plan, but probably died.
S08 - Kusakabe commits suicide due to Geass.
S24 - Kagesaki dies to Siegfried's attack.
T01 - Carltago(?) commits suicide due to Geass.
T02 - Kouyuki(??) kamikaze's his Vincent.
T06 - Senba Ryouga dies from Tristan ambush.
T14 - Mori dies the the Geass Cult extermination when he discovers Rolo's identity, and Rolo kills him to shut him up.
T18 - Lilyna Bergamon.
T25 - GUNDAAAAAAAAAAAMMM
__________________
Zenemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 12:34   Link #1485
Lie
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by equinox822 View Post
That death list was from the same magazine? Nothing conclusive in that case...and the line you translated will keep us guessing /facepalm
If your expecting a confirmation you may as well also expect the Pope to visit your house and annoint you to Cardinal status.
Lie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 12:51   Link #1486
Dream_Traveller
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Apparently many people don't remember that it was Urabe that got killed by attacking Rolo's Vincent in Turn 2...
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 13:03   Link #1487
Baixinho
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Strasbourg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asleep View Post
Interaction with him as her commander doesn't really count. And Kallen asking Lelouch a bunch of questions to which Lelouch either lies or keeps quiet does not count as interaction in my book either I don't think she knows him well enough to be in love with him. If she keeps on switching sides depending on what he says then I wouldn't call it love. But I'll leave it at that it comes down to point of view I guess.
Still, you dismiss the fact that many R2 scenes were critical for her character. Added to the interactions they had in S1 and the crush she had developed for Zero, that should be enough a reason for her to fall in love. Add in the fact that at the very end she did understand perfectly who was the real Lelouch, and then you have all the reasons you would need to believe she actually loved him.


Quote:
I am not assuming. He had no reason to tell her not to die otherwise. He tells her don't die and she replies Who do you think I am? With him saying That's right isn't it? What else would you make of it. And I am sure she says 'Lelouch you must win/succeed against the odds' or something.
He has one reason : irony.
Especially since just before that line he saw her die many times in her memories. That would just not make any sense if he forgot something he saw minutes ago.

But you're right that she does say him to win, my bad. Actually what it mirrors is the line where he asks her if she's fine after the memory connection : in both lines she answers him "who do you think I am?".

Quote:
Because he is Lelouch and the writers wanted him to have a harem rather than a OTP
Or, he just didn't care that much about those kisses.

Quote:
Me too. I guess it's just different opinions. I didn't reply to you to begin with. I was replying to Lie who was being quite assertive about Kallen being his love interest. I was just saying it it was not clear and it was never intended to be. They always wanted to please everyone. The ending itself proves that.
Well, I replied you mainly because of the "they hardly ever interracted" comment, which is just wrong would it be only because of all the interactions they had in S1 (either as Zero or as Lelouch Lamperouge) and in the begining of R2 (and I will list ep1, ep2, ep3, ep5, ep7, ep9, ep10, ep19 and ep22 as definite interactions between them, and all the talks with Nunally which did lead Kallen to understand Lelouch better). Not seeing those scenes as interactions would mean to be in denial.
Baixinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 13:18   Link #1488
Lie
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asleep View Post
Me too. I guess it's just different opinions. I didn't reply to you to begin with. I was replying to Lie who was being quite assertive about Kallen being his love interest. I was just saying it it was not clear and it was never intended to be. They always wanted to please everyone. The ending itself proves that.
If that is the case then I will reply to your post in the appropriate thread. The ending itself proves nothing, is more the point. But I'll address this in my formal reply.
Lie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 13:29   Link #1489
Train Samurai
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Internet Cafe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Minato View Post
After Gundam Battle Universe and Macross Ace Frontier, I wonder if there will be a Code Geass version of the two amazing games. Or perhaps, a new super robot wars game featuring characters and Knightmare frames from Code Geass?
Well good news Banpresto, like with every Sunrise series, owns part of the Code Geass license so we can expect it to appear in any of the upcoming SRW installments in the next two to four years or depending how long it takes for the next installment to come out since the series is too popular to ignore for long. As for original works I work love a Lost Colors sequel.
Train Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 13:35   Link #1490
Asleep
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baixinho View Post
Still, you dismiss the fact that many R2 scenes were critical for her character. Added to the interactions they had in S1 and the crush she had developed for Zero, that should be enough a reason for her to fall in love. Add in the fact that at the very end she did understand perfectly who was the real Lelouch, and then you have all the reasons you would need to believe she actually loved him.
I'll repeat myself here. I wouldn't define what she feels for Lelouch as love. A crush an love are two completely different things. I'll understand if you say she had some feelings for him which could have eventually developed into love had they been together; but that is certainly not MY definition of love. And Kaguya also understood in the end but whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baixinho View Post
He has one reason : irony.
Especially since just before that line he saw her die many times in her memories. That would just not make any sense if he forgot something he saw minutes ago.
And he still cared enough to tell her not to die. Whether he remembered it or not

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baixinho View Post

Or, he just didn't care that much about those kisses.
It was in one of the flashes he saw while he was dying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baixinho View Post
Well, I replied you mainly because of the "they hardly ever interracted" comment, which is just wrong would it be only because of all the interactions they had in S1 (either as Zero or as Lelouch Lamperouge) and in the begining of R2 (and I will list ep1, ep2, ep3, ep5, ep7, ep9, ep10, ep19 and ep22 as definite interactions between them, and all the talks with Nunally which did lead Kallen to understand Lelouch better). Not seeing those scenes as interactions would mean to be in denial.
All the talks with Nunnally amounted to nothing, so I don't know why you are putting those here. What I was trying to say was, she mainly knew him through other people, - like C.C. and Nunnally. That is the main reason she couldn't trust him. She didn't get to know him herself. She didn't spend enough time with him alone. Not that that was her fault or anything, but she didn't know him enough to be able to love him.
Asleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 13:36   Link #1491
Xaong
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Somewhere in East Asia
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baixinho View Post
Well, I replied you mainly because of the "they hardly ever interracted" comment, which is just wrong would it be only because of all the interactions they had in S1 (either as Zero or as Lelouch Lamperouge) and in the begining of R2 (and I will list ep1, ep2, ep3, ep5, ep7, ep9, ep10, ep19 and ep22 as definite interactions between them, and all the talks with Nunally which did lead Kallen to understand Lelouch better). Not seeing those scenes as interactions would mean to be in denial.
not are all tender moments. If you count his number of interactions and the time he spent with CC since the season 1, you will be surprised.
Xaong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 13:39   Link #1492
Lie
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asleep View Post
That is the main reason she couldn't trust him. She didn't get to know him herself. She didn't spend enough time with him alone. Not that that was her fault or anything, but she didn't know him enough to be able to love him.
The point seems rather moot, she was ready to die with him if he told her the right thing. She had no evidence to it, no reason to trust his word in such a situation, which means that she'd have to have trusted him genuinely. Its what happens afterwards, Lelouch's ultimate mask, that makes her doubt him, but at that point everyone doubts him, even Nunally. The only people who don't are those who are always conveniently present for the unvailing of the plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaong View Post
not are all tender moments. If you count his number of interactions and the time he spent with CC since the season 1, you will be surprised.
How many of those are 'tender' moments? 4 or 5 of them? Season 1 was about building Lelouch's character, establishing a base. It had nothing to do with who likes who except for Shirley and Euphemia to Lelouch and Suzaku, respectively. This isn't about comparing tender moments #1 to tender moment #2, everyone has had tender moments with Lelouch, its a question of which moments had no reason other than a romance angle, and I'm pretty sure Kallen and Shirley have that easily monopolized.
Lie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 13:59   Link #1493
Deliberation
I'm trying to find you..
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Brittania
Send a message via MSN to Deliberation
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfury78 View Post
I think that the one thing that Taniguchi wants to do is to recreate Code Geass R2, the way that it was meant to be. It don't think that he's satisfied of how R2 turned out. This is why he had decided to kill off Lelouch and is against the series continuing from where R2 left off. I believe that he hates the 2nd season with a passion. So he might get his chance at a directors cut with a new Code Geass, if it is given to him.
I do agree with you. After all remakes are a trend these days!
__________________

Emperor Lelouch & Empress C.C ♠
King of Clubs & Queen of Hearts

Avatar [c] Robotfetish
Deliberation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 14:02   Link #1494
Baixinho
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Strasbourg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaong View Post
not are all tender moments. If you count his number of interactions and the time he spent with CC since the season 1, you will be surprised.
I never said they all were, and I was talking only of Kallen and Lelouch. CC has nothing to do wit that.
Baixinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 14:09   Link #1495
Asleep
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lie View Post
The point seems rather moot, she was ready to die with him if he told her the right thing. She had no evidence to it, no reason to trust his word in such a situation, which means that she'd have to have trusted him genuinely. Its what happens afterwards, Lelouch's ultimate mask, that makes her doubt him, but at that point everyone doubts him, even Nunally. The only people who don't are those who are always conveniently present for the unvailing of the plan.
If he told the right thing? What did she learn about him then? I don't think C.C. would doubt him. She is not other people. Others only know him as Zero she knew Lelouch right?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Lie View Post
How many of those are 'tender' moments? 4 or 5 of them? Season 1 was about building Lelouch's character, establishing a base. It had nothing to do with who likes who except for Shirley and Euphemia to Lelouch and Suzaku, respectively. This isn't about comparing tender moments #1 to tender moment #2, everyone has had tender moments with Lelouch, its a question of which moments had no reason other than a romance angle, and I'm pretty sure Kallen and Shirley have that easily monopolized.
Again your opinion. I would see Code Geass as both the seasons. But you can separate them and see what you want.
Asleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 14:17   Link #1496
Baixinho
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Strasbourg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asleep View Post
I'll repeat myself here. I wouldn't define what she feels for Lelouch as love. A crush an love are two completely different things. I'll understand if you say she had some feelings for him which could have eventually developed into love had they been together; but that is certainly not MY definition of love. And Kaguya also understood in the end but whatever
You're free to interpret it as you like. Just don't say they barely interacted with each other, as it is false.
Kaguya understood ZR, as well as some of the BK. But none of them did get to know, Zero, Lelouch Lamperouge and Lelouch vi Brittania (read: Nunally's brother, not the evil emperor mask Lelouch was wearing). Only 4 people did get to know those 3 personalities : Nunally, Suzalu, CC and Kallen.

Quote:
And he still cared enough to tell her not to die. Whether he remembered it or not
Or, he just teased her.

Quote:
It was in one of the flashes he saw while he was dying.
Kallen's kiss was in it too, and t was even one of the few he paused on.
Anyway, that doesn't mean he cared enough about the kiss to consider CC his lover or anything.

Quote:
All the talks with Nunnally amounted to nothing, so I don't know why you are putting those here. What I was trying to say was, she mainly knew him through other people, - like C.C. and Nunnally. That is the main reason she couldn't trust him. She didn't get to know him herself. She didn't spend enough time with him alone. Not that that was her fault or anything, but she didn't know him enough to be able to love him.
You're wrong : it amounted to all the things that made Kallen understand Lelouch. At the end of the talks, she asks herself whether the real Lelouch is the cold and manipulative Zero persona, or Nunally's loving and caring brother. After ep 22, she first assumes the first answer is the correct one, and in ep 25, she finally understands that the real Lelouch was actually the caring brother, something she couldn't have guessed without her talks with Nunally.
Baixinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 14:23   Link #1497
Lie
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asleep View Post
If he told the right thing? What did she learn about him then? I don't think C.C. would doubt him. She is not other people. Others only know him as Zero she knew Lelouch right?
What are you talking about? They were ready to shoot her and him. She trusted him enough to stand infront of him, without hesitation, and try to defend him. That is trust. All she wanted from him, before dying, was a reciprocation, nothing implied that she'd move away from him. The only reason she moved was because he broke her feelings to save her. Your points are getting more and more stretched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asleep View Post
Again your opinion. I would see Code Geass as both the seasons. But you can separate them and see what you want.
That was about both seasons. -_- Care to try again?
Lie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 14:25   Link #1498
Asleep
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baixinho View Post
You're free to interpret it as you like. Just don't say they barely interacted with each other, as it is false.
Kaguya understood ZR, as well as some of the BK. But none of them did get to know, Zero, Lelouch Lamperouge and Lelouch vi Brittania (read: Nunally's brother, not the evil emperor mask Lelouch was wearing). Only 4 people did get to know those 3 personalities : Nunally, Suzalu, CC and Kallen.
She didn't interact enough to really know him. When she was imprisoned she thinks to herself after hearing Nunnally's stories - which one is the real Lelouch? That means she didn't know him well.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Baixinho View Post
Or, he just teased her.
That was definitely not a tease. Did you even watch that scene?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baixinho View Post
Kallen's kiss was in it too, and t was even one of the few he paused on.
Anyway, that doesn't mean he cared enough about the kiss to consider CC his lover or anything.
Eh... again your opinion.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Baixinho View Post
You're wrong : it amounted to all the things that made Kallen understand Lelouch. At the end of the talks, she asks herself whether the real Lelouch is the cold and manipulative Zero persona, or Nunally's loving and caring brother. After ep 22, she first assumes the first answer is the correct one, and in ep 25, she finally understands that the real Lelouch was actually the caring brother, something she couldn't have guessed without her talks with Nunally.
That she assumed the first answer was the correct one itself proves she didn't know Lelouch. How many times has she fallen for his lies? I'll agree it was bad writing and they made her character look really stupid but in any case, she didn't know him that well.
Asleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 14:26   Link #1499
Lie
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asleep View Post
That she assumed the first answer was the correct one itself proves she didn't know Lelouch. How many times has she fallen for his lies? I'll agree it was bad writing and they made her character look really stupid but in any case, she didn't know him that well.
Then no one knew Lelouch, not even the one person no one will argue that he truly loved, and you can't argue that C.C. knew him better on this point, because she was present for the actual unveiling of the plan.
Lie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-07, 14:29   Link #1500
FoxxFireArt
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kentucky
Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
I was actually expecting more from the magazines seeing how that was the finale. Something with some questions posed to the director or VAs.

Maybe they are saving all that for a source book or something.
__________________
* * Visit Foxxfire Art for weekly Code Geass 4komas * *
FoxxFireArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:52.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.