AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2008-06-03, 02:56   Link #161
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
Ok when a render stretches the forums on a user with a 1650 x 1250 resolution....it's freaking huge. Amazing work, and patience. I probably would have just gotten rid of the buckle, and there's some spots that are a little rough (kayos pointed out most of them). I'm curious about the source though, did the original image have this watercolor look to it?
No, not at all, it was the little things I did to it that gave it that look (I on average extract with nothing but the original and leave it as is but I do also clean them up of nasties like jpeg artifacts. Like I said in the post above, i added a duplicate layer with a median on it to get rid of some of the jpeg artifacts and save me time from smudging out bad parts.

I actually did remove the belt on the left side just to see if it would look right or not. It actually looked better with it attached.

Well that aside, what do ya think of this header for my blog? ^^

ps: Time to sleep, it's getting late.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-03, 03:19   Link #162
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Ah, makes sense. I also tend to play around with layer manipulation before using trying to clean images up with smudge or recoloring/drawing. Seeing the other version helped me understand the differences in how you cleaned it up, so I think it works just fine. ^^

Agreed on the belt.

____

Header looks good for a blog, it's bright and colorful. Are you going to add any text to it?
Old 2008-06-03, 04:21   Link #163
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
Are you going to add any text to it?
What he said.

I really wonder if you are planning to add text to it and how this will affect the image as a whole.
Old 2008-06-03, 16:35   Link #164
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

I will as soon as I can finally find a suitable name for my blog ^^

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Old 2008-06-03, 20:19   Link #165
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer

Hey Aoie, I've been wanting to try those bubble/light things you've got going in your sigs, what's your trick to them if you don't mind me asking? They're pretty and I really like them

My Anime List

ISML
Marina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-03, 20:26   Link #166
KickHopper
[Never Give Up]
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to KickHopper Send a message via MSN to KickHopper
Quote:
If its for a header, I would remove the border just so that the blog could cut it off itself. Seeing as you use wordpress, the top of the border is still showing while the other 3 sides is cutoff which looks awkward to me.

Other than that, looks pretty good. I like the lighting. *sucker for good lighting* ^^

[R.I.P Lisa Chung : A Truly Remarkable Person.]
KickHopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-03, 22:22   Link #167
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina View Post
Hey Aoie, I've been wanting to try those bubble/light things you've got going in your sigs, what's your trick to them if you don't mind me asking? They're pretty and I really like them
Made this mini tutorial for u ^^ ( and like I usually state, I make a full size image and scale what ever I need down to fit it that's why my screen looks like this.

If you like cloud brushes, use this one - http://javierzhx.deviantart.com/art/...ushes-34277964.
Which I think is the best cloud brush ever. I haven't found a single one that can matc this one since i've seen many who simply take a image like 1600x1200 image and do some adjustment and save it as a brush and you get those box clouds which I don't thank many users will want. These Brushes are pretty much good for any purpose.

1.)

2.)

3.)

*** Those are for the bubbles. Time for the light source.

If you refer to the images above, the light source don't look so appealing when it's shown in a full image like that but when it's cropped and now stuck into a image it looks quite nice.

For this mini tutorial you'll need Amico Perry Luce plugin for Photoshop and can be downloaded here. I found this out when I kept complaining about photo shop only being able to zoom up to 1600%, after a bit, that's all i can zoom to. (CS3 can zoom to 3200%, which I found out to be almost pointless. *You actually don't need to download the plugin if you don't want to but it helps the image look a bit better since it helps with the light source, good but not necessary.

*for more plugins

I'll make the tutorial with the luce effect, but you can skip that part if you don't want to download the plug in. (since the effect won't be that big of a difference)

**Tutorial **

2.)

This is where you’ll use the Luce Effect.

Since you might be new to it, here’s simple explanation.It most likely will be under the filter called L’amico Perry then Luce. You don’t really need to touch any settings but the light intestity (not shadow intensity). You’ll move around the thumbnail like screen and move around your light bulb and that will be the source of your light.

3.)

Sample/Example

4.)

ps: I don't really at all put my signature here, so don't add a signature tag.

Last edited by Aoie_Emesai; 2008-06-03 at 23:26.
Old 2008-06-03, 22:47   Link #168
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer

Yay! I always love tuts I will work on it and show you the results, and as soon as I can I will cookie you (gotta spread it around first).

About that cloud brush, funny thing, I already have it, and I love using it!

My Anime List

ISML
Marina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-24, 19:56   Link #169
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Here goes my newest extraction for me friends at animesuki ^^

Illustration by Mitsumi Misato and the cover page for her doujin, Esquisse Petite.

Oooooh! I just love her artwork ^^

* Oh god this image was such a hassle. You know how some scans come in those paper textured umm... textured paper thingy. W/e paper texture, pretty much extraction was ez, then my week long ordeal began after than ^^ (didn't really took 1 week, but I did little by little so it did take that long).

Either way, I hope ya enjoy it. Time to begin on another one. <-- yeah, I got no life, lol ^^

ps: 1780px ◊ 2600px (acutal image size is maybe 1700x 2000, around that size ^^_

Spoiler:

Old 2008-07-05, 03:14   Link #170
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Here goes another extraction for ya.

my favorite kind of image too.

"hair in the wind effect ^^" I stuck all the necessary info in the image already.

ps: Since I kept it at the original res, the offical size is about 2100x1400

Spoiler:

Old 2008-07-05, 03:31   Link #171
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

Oh wow, that's an awesome render.

I would love to make a sig out of it but animating the hair and the cloth would probably kill me. D:
Old 2008-07-05, 12:49   Link #172
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈ«Έ is the Best !!

Send a message via MSN to The Chaos
Really Lovely Render you have Aoie...
Good Work As Always ^_^
Old 2008-07-06, 03:26   Link #173
escimo
Paparazzi

Another great render.

*saves*
Old 2008-07-06, 11:09   Link #174
Sephi
Thinking outside the box
*Graphic Designer

Some parts looks somewhat bury, but other than that, looks good. And lovely pose. The source of it would make a nice wallpaper

Currently watching: Aria the Origination & Dennou Coil
Sephi: Anime Icons | Signatures & Avatars | Renders
Sephi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-06, 11:59   Link #175
Nemu

Really nice render, the characters you used look really cute. ^^

Signature by ganbaru
Nemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-06, 13:35   Link #176
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popsicle View Post
Really nice render, the characters you used look really cute. ^^
Eroge - Every female character is cute.

Anyways, good render.

Last edited by Izayoi; 2008-07-06 at 14:47.
Izayoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-26, 12:43   Link #177
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

This isn't a post on works. I just needed a place to put something ^^

*This rule is subject to change without notice, so try to keep up. I'm still modifying it to meet our needs. If any major changes are made, i'll somehow make appear much more visible in the rules and I'll post it in the Group Chat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scep
Artists Alike and from Afar monthly contest

About the contest

This contest is open to all members of the Artists Alike and from Afar social group. The goal of this contest is for people to learn from each otherís drawings as well as have fun in the process through the process of a contest.

About the Theme:

Each month prospective contestants are given a theme to base their entries on. This theme is decided by the winner of the previous contest. There are several types of themes, mainly being

I) Content theme
a. What you want the contestant to draw (nothing against the forum rules please)
b. For example, beach, winter, or gothic. (donít take these as guidelines, you can choose something special)
c. Please try to limit your themes so they arenít so wide, but donít limit it to much Ė do leave it open to a certain extent of interpretation.
d. Limiting by character. For example, we can choose a character like ichigo from bleach and have everybody draw that character.

II) Material theme
a. Different materials may present different challenges and it will add an interesting touch to the contest
b. However try to limit the materials to things that are relatively easy to find (eg. Charcoal, markers).
c. Materials like tablets should not be a material, because it is not easily accessible to anyone.

III) Colour or non colour?
a. Since we do not have alot of members anyway, we probably shouldn't have a coloring section and non coloring section. At the same time however, these should not be judged together, since in most cases, coloring would be given more credit, so please make it clear in the theme of the contest whether coloring is allowed.

The Rules of the contest:

1. Contestants are given 2 weeks to hand in their submissions. Flexibility can be exercised according to individual special conditions, but in general please adhere to the deadlines. Please submit your pictures to the social groupís pictures corner, and label it clearly. For easy reference, we should have a fixed index post that lists down all the entries, so it is easy to vote.

2. A problem with the recent uploading system is that it resizes and downgrades the quality of the images. If you feel that the uploading systemís resizing does not give justice to your work, feel free to upload to a free image hosting site, but still upload to the social group for archiving purposes, and post the link in the comments. The said link will be the link put in the index post.

3. Contestants must submit original works.

a. For this contest, it is mandatory for the poster to list references, if any.

Reference is the source where the original design/idea/concept came from. Like if you drew something from watching an anime, you would write the name of the anime just to give it credit. Another example, if you sketch something that was already drawn by another artist, then the original artist should get some credit as well.

It's like writing a book report and giving reference to the book you used.

If it's your own original drawing then all the credits goes to you.

: : Quoted from kayos

b. Please refrain from Ďjust tracingí. Flexibility will be exercised with regards to this rule, but in general, please make sure at least a good portion of the image is Ďoriginalí. You can reference from another artistís work, but please do not end up copying his/her work in its entirety. Mere line for line tracing entries will be immediately disqualified.

c. Obviously, entries have to be your own drawings. Copies from another artist will be immediately disqualified.

3. All contestants can only enter one entry. Feel free to upload your random drawings to the group, but only one will be considered as your entry.

4. Contestants who wish to keep their entries private before the start of the voting, do message the organizer or leader of the social group (Aoie_Emesai)

About the voting
Phase I. Members will upload their works to the social group picture album, and then members will vote for which piece they thinks are the best. When you vote, you are encouraged to give feedback and suggestions to individual artists, as well as to give them a score. Giving scores and feedback are not required, but it would be a nice gesture and would help them improve. When giving a score, please follow the following suggested rubrics:

Concept
Maximum marks: 10
General idea of the piece, dealing with perhaps the impact, interesting perspective, etc.

Creativity
Strictly creativity, something that is refreshing or you never expected would be in this theme but yet is fitting.

Execution
Drawing skill and style. Attention to detail should also be credited in this area.

When voting, you are required to choose three entries that you think are the most outstanding. It is your choice if you want to give them rankings, but it will not be taken into consideration at this stage.

The three pieces that received the most votes will move on to the next phase of voting.

Phase II.
A thread will be opened in the fan creations forum to choose the best piece out of the three pieces. A poll will be started, and at the end of the 5 days, the piece with the highest number of votes will be the winner.

Edit on phase 2 - Since our last contest, putting the 3 various voting section for each submission was a hassle & too complicated and it will be taken out for a simpler voting of I choose this one, like the SOTM. I'll most likely add a poll too for even more simplicity.

Entry period

Participants will be given 2 weeks to come up with a piece. 1 and a half week will be spent on the voting, where 5 days will be spent on letting our own community choose the top 3 drawings, and another 5 days will be spent letting the AS community choose the best drawing, after which there will be a break until the next month. However, depending on the contest type (i.e. special materials), topic setter may choose to extend time period for voting.

This Month's Entry Period

This monthís entry period will be from Sunday, 15th June 2008 and
will end on Monday, 30th June 2008.

The first voting phase will start on Tuesday, 1st July, and will end on Sunday, 6th July.

The second voting phase will start on Monday, 7th July and end on Friday, 11th July.

For exact timing, it will end at midnight, but since that would be the second day, officially speaking it ends at 11:59 pm, 30th June 2008. (UTC/GMT).

Please note the timezone differences, if any.

There will be a one day gap between entry and voting, so that late submissions can come in, but beyond that late submission may not be entertained. Also, theoretically, there shouldnít be any gap between first voting phase and second voting phase, but since it requires someone to create a thread at midnight, I just let it start a day later, so feel free to create a thread between that time.

This Monthís theme

Summer

--

Here. Sorry for not replying earlier, I was away on holiday.

Last edited by Aoie_Emesai; 2008-07-31 at 23:14.
Old 2008-08-01, 14:09   Link #178
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

This isn't an update again ^^

Simply using this for my Artist Alike Group for the August Submission.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Animepandafreak

Spoiler:

anime_ronin

Spoiler:

Delitesco

Spoiler:

mimi_girl

Spoiler:

Scep

Spoiler:

HayashiTakara

Spoiler:

toxic_trance

Spoiler:

Last edited by Aoie_Emesai; 2008-08-17 at 02:18.
Old 2008-08-14, 02:20   Link #179
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Here's a wallpaper for ya. 1600x1200

I would like to hear what ya think of it. Like depth, color, other critiques. Any want I can improve upon it and stuff like that ^^

Been working on this wallie on and off for the last 1-2 months. Little by little ^^ (I hope ya like the title. I thought it matched decently well )

I'm just like that. Overflowing the images with lots of junk. My winter wallpaper in which I can never seem to finish is like this too ^^

Spoiler:

~~~

This is that winter wallpaper I was working on but I sorta ran out of ideas for the background so it's on still at a stand still for it >.<

- Don't mind the Ice effect light posts. I was testing out some weird effects to make it more "wintery" ^^
- I couldn't really reproduce ice texture for the rounded walk way too. But of course I'm not giving up, huhuhu

Spoiler:

Last edited by Aoie_Emesai; 2008-08-14 at 02:31.
Old 2008-08-14, 02:28   Link #180
Cyz
"Show it to me"

The rays of light are really stunning. Compliments to the summery feeling
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~