AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-08-24, 13:53   Link #1
RoboPanda

Something to cheer me up..

Well, if you've seen Chrno Crusade and you got into it, (like me)then you might know why I need something to cheer me up, since I've been depressed all yesterday and still kinda today... It doesn't hafta be just all cheer-y, it can be badass too; I just don't want to watch anything sad. Oh, and I don't care about violence/blood/gore/nudity/swearing, just IT CAN'T BE SAD!
Old 2006-08-24, 14:30   Link #2
i0td

Yeh, Chrno Crusade had a pretty somber ending. Watching a good comedy series is always a fun way to get a person back in a cheerful mood.

School Rumble is one series with a lot of light-hearted fun.
Old 2006-08-24, 14:58   Link #3
LCeh

Mmm, try Ouran High School Host Club, Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu, these two have great comedies in them.

You can try Full Metal Panic series as well, that one has action, comedy, a little bit of romance as well, but I am not sure if that's what you are looking for right now, although Full Metal Panic: Fumoffu is hilarious as hell.
Old 2006-08-24, 16:07   Link #4
Sunabouzu

jep Ouran high school host club is the way to go

i was depressed about the whole anime stuff because i found no more series that i could watch till the end without to force myself...so i thought some comedy would be good but to find some good comedy anime you haven't seen is realy hard and then i came to Ouran high school host club and now my anime-spirit is back^^

Old 2006-08-24, 16:19   Link #5
FireDetei
Online Gamer.

I know what you mean, I bought the manga up to volume 6, couldn't find volume 7 so watched the anime.....was so depressed.......but anyway lets not go there ^^'!!

Erm i have to also recommend School Rumble, season 1 had me laughing....season 2 has been MUCH better imo.

also Shuffle! - Harem series about a guy who is chosen as the husband for the daughters of both the king of the underworld and heaven, when it finishes you think awww how cute ^^, then realise its all over and have to start watching something new again

DNAngel - bit of action, bit of romance and one of my favourites. Bassicly boy turns 14 and gains the "family secret", a genetic herloom of the males in the family, a legendary theif called Dark. Story is about him dealing with this new found nuisence, and trying to get rid of it.

Bit off the wall, but Hajime no Ippo would be another i personally loved. Usual Root for the underdog sports anime, based on a boy who is bullied but takes up boxing. Frequent commedy moments and a few rare romance episodes....but the majority is about the sport and his training. Its 75 eps long, and has 1 movie and 1 spin-off movie, but after you get into it you can't help but feel immence joy when he wins, and sorrow when he looses.
Old 2006-08-24, 16:55   Link #6
Rengemaru

If your ok with drama/romance then i'd recommend

Ai Yori Aoshi
Onegai Teacher
Onegai Twins
School Rumble (already mentioned)
Mahoraba Heartfull Days
Shuffle (already mentioned)
100% Ichigo
Scrapped Princess
Karin
Rozen Maiden

and finally, if you REALLY want to cheer up, just watch Azumanga Daioh.
Old 2006-08-24, 19:38   Link #7
Budweineken
Crap

I actually wouldn't recommend Shuffle!, the second half is sad most of the time.

But nothing cheers me up more than an episode of Jungle wa Itsumo Hare nochi Guu or of Gakuen Alice
Old 2006-08-25, 01:14   Link #8
Alex Ikari
Berserk Knight

Yeah Shuffle! gets pretty depressing towards the end. Poor sad, psychotic, cute Kaede.

As always, I recommend Shakugan no Shana and Zero no Tsukaima. The two have made me cry from laughing so hard, ZnT especially. In short, they're both great comedies with subtle romances, action, and a relatively small harem (1-3 girls). SnS's 26 episodes long and ZnT's 12 or 13, only about 8 are out though.

Last edited by Alex Ikari; 2006-08-25 at 01:29.
Old 2006-08-25, 09:08   Link #9
Rengemaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budweineken
I actually wouldn't recommend Shuffle!, the second half is sad most of the time.
There is a difference between sad and depressing. Sadness and depression might have the same feeling but sadness has some hope which prevails over depression

or that's what i think :P
Old 2006-08-25, 09:16   Link #10
Grungir

Midori no Hibi was the first anime that made me LOL
Old 2006-08-25, 09:29   Link #11
xxanimefan4_ever
Sorri++

gakuen alice
gokujo seitokai
akazukin cha cha

they're all shoujo though.
Old 2006-08-25, 09:41   Link #12
Ombrenuit
Day Dreams...

Send a message via AIM to Ombrenuit Send a message via MSN to Ombrenuit
I completely agree. Azumanga Daioh has this infectious cheerfulness to it. You can't walk away feeling down any longer and no other show has made me happier to be alive.
Old 2006-08-26, 07:43   Link #13
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Aria the Animation and the sequel currently airing Aria the Natural would probably do the trick. They're really sweet slice of life with absolutely nothing sad or serious, and the most infectiously cheerful and happy lead character ever created

And +1 to AzuDai, that show makes me giggle like a schoolgirl on acid every time I watch it
Old 2006-08-26, 08:04   Link #14
Budweineken
Crap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rengemaru
There is a difference between sad and depressing. Sadness and depression might have the same feeling but sadness has some hope which prevails over depression

or that's what i think :P
Either way, it's not something to recommend someone who wants to watch an anime to "cheer up". Especially when the original poster says "it can't be sad" and that "she has been depressed all day".
Old 2006-08-26, 13:03   Link #15
Rengemaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budweineken
Either way, it's not something to recommend someone who wants to watch an anime to "cheer up". Especially when the original poster says "it can't be sad" and that "she has been depressed all day".
Who knows, maybe he'll enjoy the first happy part and forget about Chrono Crusade's depression. But that's all up to him.
Old 2006-08-26, 13:31   Link #16
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Obviously, School Rumble will cheer you no end. Oh, and if you want to be especially elated, watch Air, all the way through.

Shush...
Old 2006-08-26, 14:58   Link #17
Cyz
"Show it to me"

But isn't AIR a depressing story even at the end? I don't think it's gonna cheer him/her up. Anyway, I recommend Angelic Layer. It's fun and it's not depressing. I also recommend:

- Elemental Gelade
- My-HiME
- Mai Otome
- Chobits
- DearS
- Utawarerumono

--> Others were already mentioned (Suzumiya Haruhi, Azumanga Daioh, and School Rumble (both seasons)
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Closed Thread