AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2016-04-10, 22:38   Link #1
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Gears of War 4

Quote:
Plot:
Gears of War 4 takes place 25 years after the Imulsion Countermeasure weapon destroyed both the Locust, Lambent and Imulsion. Unfortunately this also knocked out fossil fuels, forcing humanity to adapt new ways for survival. This also caused Windflares; powerful windstorms to form across the planet. Following the aftermath of the Lambent Epidemic, the reformed Coalition of Governments estimated that hundreds of thousands of humans are left on Sera. To prevent the population from declining, cities that are walled in were built to protect the citizens from the dangers outside. However the COG also declared martial law, preventing any travel from outside of the cities walls. Some human survivors rejected the viewpoints of the COG and formed a group called the "Outsiders" that live outside of the COG jurisdiction, conducting raids on COG territory to gather resources. The game focuses on JD Fenix (the son of Marcus Fenix) alongside his friend Delmont "Del" Walker and Kait Diaz dealing with a new threat to humanity's survival.
So a new Gears of War game will be out on the XBOX One. Unlike the last 4 games that were made by Epic Games, this one is developed by The Coalition, who also did the Gears of War: Ultimate Edition for XBOX One and is lead by former Epic Games executive producer and director Rod Fergusson.

From what i recalled of the new game, not only will the player have to deal with a new enemy but also the weather which can kill you.
Old 2016-04-10, 23:54   Link #2
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Weather killing you is nothing new. Remember razorhail?

JD being a Fenix is kind of odd though. Marcus had no eyes for any woman who wasn't Anya, and Anya was quite sterile. Gonna be a bit of a plothole if he's not adopted.
Old 2016-04-11, 00:32   Link #3
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Weather killing you is nothing new. Remember razorhail?

JD being a Fenix is kind of odd though. Marcus had no eyes for any woman who wasn't Anya, and Anya was quite sterile. Gonna be a bit of a plothole if he's not adopted.
Anya is sterile? No, she's not. I've played all the Gears of War games and not once was it said anywhere that Anya was sterile or otherwise unable to bear children. The wiki also makes no mention of such a thing. If there was a lore-based reason, it would be because during the games Marcus was an enlisted man and Anya was an officer, and it was against regulations for them to be in an official relationship (even though pretty much everyone knew about them but did nothing about it).

And the woman in the trailer looks like Anya plus the wiki agrees, so it's gotta be her.
Old 2016-04-11, 00:45   Link #4
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

To be fair, it's not outright confirmed that she's sterile, but supplementary material has had her outright admit to Baird that she can't have kids (in the Aspho Fields book, to be precise), and supplementary material also states that women who can bear children are not allowed in military service in the post-E-Day world of Sera, because losing fertile women is far too great of a loss if it comes to rebuilding the population.

Anya is in the military and eventually serves in a frontline role. Do the math and it becomes quite apparent.
Old 2016-04-11, 06:51   Link #5
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Doesn't she say she can't have kids because she doesnt want to be kicked out of the front line?
Old 2016-04-11, 12:55   Link #6
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Given military nature of the COG post-E-Day, if she could have kids she wouldn't have a choice in the matter about being kicked from the front lines. However, Aspho Fields was the tie-in novel for 1 and 2, at which point she was serving as an administrative officer, and thus wasn't on the front lines anyway.

Also thinking about it, one of the later novels, The Slab, I think, had Adam Fenix remarking on Anya's sterility. I'd have to comb through the book to find it again, though.

My brother has remarked on one piece of supplementary material remarking on sterility caused by imulsion, though. He figures if the countermeasure dealt with that too, then the sterility could become treatable.
Old 2016-05-28, 06:35   Link #7
King of the End

Has there been any hint of a Horde mode for Gears 4? For all the coverage we've received about the game I don't recall any of it stating that a horde mode would be available, at least to my knowledge unless it was in the GI issue for the game which I missed. Though it wouldn't surprise me if they renamed it Swarm mode.
King of the End is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-22, 14:28   Link #8
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Old 2016-08-10, 07:56   Link #9
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Old 2016-08-17, 08:23   Link #10
Chaos2Frozen
Retroactive Momentum

Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-20, 05:09   Link #11