AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2012-01-21, 10:03   Link #2861
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

finish Skyrim.I just have to unlock five objectives, and is 1000/1000

i'm currently looking fot the Darkness 2...i liked the first too much!..after playing the Demo..i want to play this game..not only for know the story..but..well..the power of darkness is awesome...you can use it, for kill in many way..and are cool...
Old 2012-01-21, 12:48   Link #2862
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I went and completed Singularity, then played Doom 3 up until I learned that the game doesn't autosave and that my Xbox resets whenever the TV is turned off and then back on... so now I'm back to trying to complete Sonic Unleashed for the 360, so I can then play the Wii version of Sonic Colors.
Old 2012-01-22, 00:13   Link #2863
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
What did you think of Singularity, Dragon?

I thought it was pretty fun and the story was pretty interesting. That said I do love stories regarding time travel and changing the future so I was hooked from the first sequence in the burning lab...

I'm trying to playing the Misery mod for Call of Pripyat but damn it's hard and I consider myself a good STALKER. First mission I go to retrieve the artifact from the trawler and get ambushed by the three blokes who try to trick you.

I drop the first bloke just as some myst starts gathering around the water and switch to my Mosin for the long shots. I'm slowly dying because the boat is radioactive so I sprint forward for a safe area and better vantage point.

Next second there's a burst of gunfire out of the myst to my front and I'm not to two bars of my health... I follow the muzzle flash and let fly with the Mosin and I can just make out the outline of a STALKER crumbling to the ground in pain.

This gives me a break to bandage my wounds. I use one of my precious medpacks and a bandage to stem the bleeding and recover a tiny bit of health... I peak above cover just to see the bloke I shot getting back to his feet, shit, I thought he was good as dead.

I fire another shot and put him down for good when I hear curses in Russian right next to me! There's the final STALKER aiming his AKS-74U right at me and I'm still cycling the bolt on my rifle.

Instant change to the pistol and pulled a headshot out of my arse just as the bloke started to fire. Damn that was tense...

That said I am really enjoying the whole scarcity of ammunition and supplies. I've avoided a lot of fire fights I would have just walked right up to and initiated myself back in Complete or Vanilla.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 01:58   Link #2864
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Pretty nice, though the endings being what they are is kinda frustrating when you can't truly "win" at your goal. I had hope the sequel would further that, but I haven't heard any word of the sequel since its announcement, so I don't really see that changing...

It was fun enough that I'd play a couple more rounds of it. Still gotta finish the upgrades and getting the other two endings. I had already seen all three when my brother played, since he reloaded his previous save just to see.
Old 2012-01-22, 16:42   Link #2865
poisui

Currently playing:
- [Visual Novel] Majikoi - the prologue is so long.

Blacklog:
- [DS] Chrono Trigger
- [PS2] Final Fantasy X-2 undub
- [PSP] Disgaea 2 - may drop
- [PSP] Disgaea Infinite - may drop
- [PSP] Persona 2
- [PSP] Persona 3
- [Visual Novel] Steins;Gate
- [Visual Novel] Clannad
poisui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 17:03   Link #2866
PringlesXD
Delicious Can of Chips

Send a message via MSN to PringlesXD
I'm currently playing Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky.
Awesome game ~
PringlesXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 18:05   Link #2867
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Just beat Sonic Unleashed. Time for Sonic Colors.
Old 2012-01-22, 18:14   Link #2868
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Last month: Skyrim
This month: Fallout: New Vegas
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 19:21   Link #2869
shinku no kage
:Still Yayoi's Onii~chan:

Currently playing "Disgaea 3" and "Lyrcial Nanoha A's Portable -Gears of Destiny".

Yeah, I know "Disgaea 4" is out but I wanted to start with "3", and yes, I know that the stories of each title doesnt really tie into each other but I still wanted to play it. Not to mention the gorgeous VA cast. But the addiction strikes again...been cutting back on work and sleep cuz of this game. DAMN YOU N1~!! How can you make such addicting games?!

Rather enjoying "Nanoha A's GoD" too. Mainly picked it up cuz of Einhart.

...waiting on "Rune Factory: Oceans". It finally made the PS3 the Best selection so I figured that I'd pick it up. Talking about PS3 the Best...how is it that "Tales of Vesperia" and "Tales of Graces F" not in it yet?! At the very least I expected "Vesperia" to be a PS3 the Best by now...heck, "Xillia" is actually cheaper right now.
Old 2012-01-22, 19:27   Link #2870
Hiroi Sekai
Minna no ojou-sama~♥
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Skype™ to Hiroi Sekai
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinku no kage View Post
Talking about PS3 the Best...how is it that "Tales of Vesperia" and "Tales of Graces F" not in it yet?! At the very least I expected "Vesperia" to be a PS3 the Best by now...heck, "Xillia" is actually cheaper right now.
You can thank ScamcoBandai America for that one. Thanks to their stupid method of testing JRPG waters using the XBOX 360 (yeah, because people buy those to play JRPGs, don't they), we're never going to see a proper release for Vesperia here. As a result, it'll never make the best lists with the potential sales overseas that have been lost in this idiocy. C'mon, even Hyperdimension Neptunia is sold over here, and most Westerners hate that moe-overdose scene.
Old 2012-01-22, 20:07   Link #2871
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Send a message via Skype™ to chikorita157
Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
You can thank ScamcoBandai America for that one. Thanks to their stupid method of testing JRPG waters using the XBOX 360 (yeah, because people buy those to play JRPGs, don't they), we're never going to see a proper release for Vesperia here. As a result, it'll never make the best lists with the potential sales overseas that have been lost in this idiocy. C'mon, even Hyperdimension Neptunia is sold over here, and most Westerners hate that moe-overdose scene.
Come to think of it, I would play Vesperia if they ever released it for the PS3... It's mostly because I don't like Microsoft and the XBox 360. Not only that, I don't want to buy another console just to play one game...

But yes, my sister played a few hours of the only Tales game we have for the Wii, Tales Of Symphonia Dawn Of The New World (even though we didn't play Tales of Symphonia)... and yeah... I hope Tales of Graces f localization is good or I will rage.

(Not to mention that Xillia was rushed, from what I have heard.)
Old 2012-01-22, 20:30   Link #2872
Dextro
He Without a Title

Send a message via Skype™ to Dextro
Quote:
Originally Posted by chikorita157 View Post
Come to think of it, I would play Vesperia if they ever released it for the PS3... It's mostly because I don't like Microsoft and the XBox 360. Not only that, I don't want to buy another console just to play one game...
I actually have the game for the 360. Paid a pretty penny for it on XBL because I simply couldn't find a retail version of it and it's been sitting on my HDD unplayed because I just can't stand the dub. Call me silly for saying this but on JRPGs I can hardly ever stand dubs. The sole exception so far has been Final Fantasy XIII actually.

Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 20:46   Link #2873
Hiroi Sekai
Minna no ojou-sama~♥
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

But yes, my sister played a few hours of the only Tales game we have for the Wii, Tales Of Symphonia Dawn Of The New World (even though we didn't play Tales of Symphonia)... and yeah... I hope Tales of Graces f localization is good or I will rage.

(Not to mention that Xillia was rushed, from what I have heard.)
Sir, you'd play it on PS3 for the bonuses they always come with from the 360 version. Vesperia on the 360 has less playable characters, less cutscenes and I believe there isn't even an option to change the language to Japanese.

I'm sure you know the horrors of Dawn of the New World. Aside from the cameos from the original Symphonia characters, I'd say it's one of the worst in the Tales series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
I actually have the game for the 360. Paid a pretty penny for it on XBL because I simply couldn't find a retail version of it and it's been sitting on my HDD unplayed because I just can't stand the dub. Call me silly for saying this but on JRPGs I can hardly ever stand dubs. The sole exception so far has been Final Fantasy XIII actually.
I used to have a physical copy of it until I got bored of it and gave it to a good friend for his birthday. Half of me regrets doing that since it's near impossible to find a copy nowadays, but hey, I didn't lose it for a bad reason or anything.

Also, "call you silly"? You've hit the nail right on the head; the dubs in JRPGs are generally so painful to me. People sound bored and about twice their actual age. I agree that Final Fantasy XIII's voice acting wasn't bad, but hey, at least that's counter-balanced with the game itself. xD
Old 2012-01-22, 21:22   Link #2874
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Quote:
Sir, you'd play it on PS3 for the bonuses they always come with from the 360 version. Vesperia on the 360 has less playable characters, less cutscenes and I believe there isn't even an option to change the language to Japanese.

I'm sure you know the horrors of Dawn of the New World. Aside from the cameos from the original Symphonia characters, I'd say it's one of the worst in the Tales series.
True, it seems that Namco loves to release a retail version of a "beta test" so early adopters can buy it and then release a new version on the PS3... Aside from that, they did this with Eternal Sonata, Graces and The iDOLM@STER 2 as examples.

I kind of know that... the male main character is pretty, well annoying... but I heard that Symphonia (the gamecube game) is the best game out of the series, but can't find it though. :/

I think there should be a Japanese option on the PS3 version... Eternal Sonata had it, so I can't find this any different.
Old 2012-01-22, 21:29   Link #2875
Hiroi Sekai
Minna no ojou-sama~♥
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
True, it seems that Namco loves to release a retail version of a "beta test" so early adopters can buy it and then release a new version on the PS3... Aside from that, they did this with Eternal Sonata, Graces and The iDOLM@STER 2 as examples.

I kind of know that... the male main character is pretty, well annoying... but I heard that Symphonia (the gamecube game) is the best game out of the series, but can't find it though. :/

I think there should be a Japanese option on the PS3 version... Eternal Sonata had it, so I can't find this any different.
That's right, I own Eternal Sonata and at some point I plan to own iDOLM@STER as well. Won't be getting Graces since I got rid of the Wii a long, long time ago.

Emil was the protagonist and damn, he was irritating. Take Hope from FFXIII and make him the main male lead for a Tales game. I'll respect that Emil did have a stronger side to him (and Marta wasn't annoying like Vanille was), but still. Also, the main reason I hated that game was because it USED the Symphonia series. As you said, the Gamecube version is fantastic. It's easily one of my favourites in the series, but that was thrown out the window for its sequel. They added a useless monster capture system, an elemental battle wheel and even made it so each person had to have a Wii remote and nunchuk to be able to play together. The game doesn't use motion controls, so let us use our Gamecube controllers, for crying out loud.
Old 2012-01-22, 21:34   Link #2876
GDB

Currently playing Weiss Schwarz Portable on and off.

Quote:
I used to have a physical copy of it until I got bored of it and gave it to a good friend for his birthday. Half of me regrets doing that since it's near impossible to find a copy nowadays, but hey, I didn't lose it for a bad reason or anything.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16874156009

$28 free shipping, very reputable seller.

http://www.amazon.com/Tales-Vesperia...7285817&sr=8-1

$23.96, fulfilled by Amazon so essentially reputable, add another $1.04 and you get free shipping.

Quote:
Also, "call you silly"? You've hit the nail right on the head; the dubs in JRPGs are generally so painful to me. People sound bored and about twice their actual age. I agree that Final Fantasy XIII's voice acting wasn't bad, but hey, at least that's counter-balanced with the game itself. xD
Best example: Tear in Tales of the Abyss dub. Super emotional scenes and she sounds totally deadpan.

[QUOTE=chikorita157;3963114]but I heard that Symphonia (the gamecube game) is the best game out of the series, but can't find it though. :/

That's generally debated between Symphonia, Vesperia (ps3), and Graces F. From what I've read on the reasons people have, it really comes down to what you look for in a JRPG. Personally I loved the former two, so I look forward to Graces F.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-22, 21:36   Link #2877
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Quote:
That's right, I own Eternal Sonata and at some point I plan to own iDOLM@STER as well. Won't be getting Graces since I got rid of the Wii a long, long time ago.

Emil was the protagonist and damn, he was irritating. Take Hope from FFXIII and make him the main male lead for a Tales game. I'll respect that Emil did have a stronger side to him (and Marta wasn't annoying like Vanille was), but still. Also, the main reason I hated that game was because it USED the Symphonia series. As you said, the Gamecube version is fantastic. It's easily one of my favourites in the series, but that was thrown out the window for its sequel. They added a useless monster capture system, an elemental battle wheel and even made it so each person had to have a Wii remote and nunchuk to be able to play together. The game doesn't use motion controls, so let us use our Gamecube controllers, for crying out loud.
FYI, Graces is coming on the Playstation 3 in America, not the Wii version. But I do agree that the PS3 controller or even a Gamecube controller is better for RPGs than the Wii Remote and nun chuck. This is probably a reason why I own a Playstation 3, JRPGs play better on it (and that I want a bluray player). Even so, I can't imagine Namco ever making an Idolmaster game for the Wii... how the hell you would do the appeals, motion controls? No thanks...
Old 2012-01-22, 21:55   Link #2878
MetalCookie
Rawr.

I just finished Portal 2, for the 4th time, in 1 day...again.
Old 2012-01-22, 23:42   Link #2879
Hiroi Sekai
Minna no ojou-sama~♥
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
FYI, Graces is coming on the Playstation 3 in America, not the Wii version. But I do agree that the PS3 controller or even a Gamecube controller is better for RPGs than the Wii Remote and nun chuck. This is probably a reason why I own a Playstation 3, JRPGs play better on it (and that I want a bluray player). Even so, I can't imagine Namco ever making an Idolmaster game for the Wii... how the hell you would do the appeals, motion controls? No thanks...
Ah yes, that's right. Forgot myself when I saw my Japanese friend had the actual Japanese version. I got a PS3 specifically for JRPGs and have a decent collection already, so yes, I'd agree in saying that certain stuff would never work on other consoles.
Old 2012-01-23, 07:07   Link #2880
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

i'm surprised..i played Left 4 dead 2 in coop with english people when this game was released, and actually i have unlock even the objectives to finish this game in the most difficult level ..,yesterday i just checked if people still played this game in coop...and yes.,i found many people who played it.
I had forgotten how fun this game is!