AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2013-08-24, 16:43   Link #3801
Dextro
He Without a Title

Send a message via Skype™ to Dextro
Picked up Hate Plus. A bit annoyed at the 12 hour mandatory wait times but it makes perfect sense in the context of the game. A bit too meta for some maybe but I can live with it.

Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-24, 19:39   Link #3802
Po99okie

Just recently finished Persona 3 Portable and started Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep.
Old 2013-08-24, 21:11   Link #3803
barcode120x
NS

Aside from DotA 2, I picked up Shogun 2 again cuz my urge for massive battles won't subside (less than 2 weeks til RTW 2!!!!!!!!). Also started playing Red Orchestra 2: Rising Storm again. Past week I've been watching WW2 movies and documentaries and got me in the mood to play one haha and BF3 won't cut it for me, at least until BF4
Old 2013-08-25, 09:29   Link #3804
Velsy

I just bought Tales of Xillia today. So I've just settled down to play it......

But I cant seem to be able to set the audio to japanese ? At the moment its english with english subtitles. Spent the last 30 mins looking for it, but cant find anything. Kinda annoying if I have to play it in english.

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-26, 00:51   Link #3805
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post
I just bought Tales of Xillia today. So I've just settled down to play it......

But I cant seem to be able to set the audio to japanese ? At the moment its english with english subtitles. Spent the last 30 mins looking for it, but cant find anything. Kinda annoying if I have to play it in english.
As far as I know, the localized Xillia really doesn't have Japanese audio. but CMIIW
Old 2013-08-26, 02:34   Link #3806
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea View Post
As far as I know, the localized Xillia really doesn't have Japanese audio. but CMIIW
That has been my experience with the tales series so far. It's a shame more RPGs don't give the choice like Ni No Kuni does for example.

Old 2013-08-26, 02:49   Link #3807
Toddler Naruto
Playful Explorer

I finally completed the main storyline for Borderlands 1 (PS3) , I'm amazed that I've been playing the game for almost an entire month now, lol xD.

I still need to play the 4 DLCs though, as well as complete any side quests I missed and re-play as Lillith, Mordecai, and Brick.

I'm hoping to 100% everything by October 01 or earlier, since I'm borrowing it from my friend Ben.
Toddler Naruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-26, 12:44   Link #3808
NorthernFallout
Return
*Author

Playing through Hate Plus (finished two routes, doing the last one now). Really liking the dynamic between the characters and the writing in general.

As well as Saints Row 4. Which is just outright insane.

Steam: ax/apocnuke | LET'S ROCK
NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-26, 13:08   Link #3809
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Working through the epilogue of disgaea 3, epilogue of etrian odyssey and the postgame sidequests, and ff6 advance.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-26, 15:23   Link #3810
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernFallout View Post
Playing through Hate Plus (finished two routes, doing the last one now). Really liking the dynamic between the characters and the writing in general.
I'm loving it two. I'm doing the Harem route first just because I can ( ) and I would have completely blown through the game in a night last Saturday if it wasn't for the 12 hour mandatory wait times. Kind of a strange gimmick but at least it's different.

btw you played analogue right?

Old 2013-08-26, 16:15   Link #3811
NorthernFallout
Return
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
I'm loving it two. I'm doing the Harem route first just because I can ( ) and I would have completely blown through the game in a night last Saturday if it wasn't for the 12 hour mandatory wait times. Kind of a strange gimmick but at least it's different.

btw you played analogue right?
Since I lacked the save files, went through with normal routes first. Will currently start Day 2 of Harem Route tomorrow.

And yes, I played Analogue. Love's writing is... kinda special, but she manages to make both games feel very immersive. Which is quite a feat with the limited resources she has. I have experience with Ren'Py, but I had no idea it could do all this stuff Love has done...

Steam: ax/apocnuke | LET'S ROCK
NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-26, 17:48   Link #3812
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernFallout View Post
Since I lacked the save files, went through with normal routes first. Will currently start Day 2 of Harem Route tomorrow.

And yes, I played Analogue. Love's writing is... kinda special, but she manages to make both games feel very immersive. Which is quite a feat with the limited resources she has. I have experience with Ren'Py, but I had no idea it could do all this stuff Love has done...
I'm guessing that Ren'Py is being pushed pretty much to the brink considering how many breaks the game has on my Six-core ssd-based machine with 8GB of ram

Btw a few of her other games (Digital: A Love Story and don't take it personally, babe, it just ain't your story) are interesting reads as well.

Old 2013-08-26, 21:00   Link #3813
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

iPad: Breach & Clear, and iDOLM@STER SHINY FESTA. Music~ Chihaya-chan. Azusa-san. Ricchan. Haruka. All my love.

PC: World of Tanks, Splinter Cell: Blacklist, Skyrim, and Borderlands 2. I really need to finish these games. With Skyrim, I'm catching up on about a year and half of stuff that I missed. Blacklist is.... interesting so far....

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-27, 05:37   Link #3814
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Lana: You're looking for Predator aren't you? He's invisible.

Archer: Not totally, he has a tell tale shimmer.

Nope, just snipers...

Jagged Alliance 2.

Playing on Insanity and it's hard to keep on top of the constant enemy threat. I'm going to have to hire another section worth of mercs soon just to maintain my defences let alone perform any offensive actions.

Currently defending this one town and lucky enough for it to have a heap of sandbag emplacements and long fields of fire.

Machine gunners wet dream.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-30, 02:47   Link #3815
aestivial

Playing FFXIV now on PC. http://www.finalfantasyxiv.com/

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2013-09-02 at 17:44. Reason: Drop it already.
aestivial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-31, 02:42   Link #3816
Toddler Naruto
Playful Explorer

I'm currently playing Sly 2: Band of Thieves HD (PS3), I'm almost halfway thru Episode 3: The Predator Awakes.

So far I have been really enjoying the Sly Cooper series, with Sly 2 being my current fave.

I'm still ashamed that I never did play the original PS2 games during my High School years though, but oh well lol.
Toddler Naruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-31, 05:59   Link #3817
agetreme
One_Turn_Kill(Myself)

Dragon Crown (Psvita) (on hold at the moment)

That Fapping Game(Monster monpiece (PSvita). Watch chibi slowly advance and slaughtering everything in their way is kind of addictive(what seal the deal for me).

Raganrok Odyssey ACE (Psvita).

Have both a Male and Female Sword Warrior. Wanted to play the mage but the control feel very awkward compared to a Sword Warrior.
Old 2013-09-02, 15:53   Link #3818
Velsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea View Post
Yeah, this seems to be the case, sorta gotten used to the english, its not as bad as animes dubs I have watched/seen before.

Have to say I am enjoying this game alot. Must of clocked up 60 hours this last week. Playing the game in Judes story and I really like how I can change who I want to fight the battles as, I find myself rotating between Jude, Millia and Leia. Another thing I like is since only being able to battle with 4 characters from 6 (so far) The use of using subs during a battle is awesome. Never really noticed this type of flexability in these type of genre games. Not that I have played alot of them.

Its my first Tales game, and I like it. I like games with creative stories and battle.

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-04, 11:25   Link #3819
Xefi
☆-Flashing Star Cluster-☆
*Graphic Designer

Currently playing:

ps3: Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate
comments: more new contents. the new stages look ok...nothing too out of this world though.
i like that they added the ability to change songs and they added doa 2, 3, & 4 songs to the mix.
havent touch survival mode yet. the gameplay is still the same from original, not that it's a bad thing actually.

ps3: One Piece Pirate Warriors 2
comments: now this game, i'm really enjoying it. fun battles and combos. no more
of those story mode side scrolling like in 1; most annoying feature ever! just starting
out, so not much to comment about yet.

PC: Tera Rising
comments: reaching 800+ hrs. so far. i'm getting a little bore of this game now. maybe i'm
going to have to take a break and wait for new contents again. gotten Archer, berserker,
lancer, sorcerer, mystic, & priest to level 60. woot...too many level 60.
------
----
Xefizyxen
E---
F--
I-
Xefi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-04, 23:14   Link #3820
greensoulreaper
こんにちは

I'm also playing Tales of Xillia, to be honest I picked it up partially because of the hype (I shamefully admit) but mainly because the characters interested me. This is also my first tales game that I really got into. I played Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology some years ago and never really got very far with it. I guess Xillia would be my second Tales game then...but Xillia has been impressive so far, and I'm glad that it wasn't one of those games where its hyped so much but when you actually play it for a while it doesn't live up to the expectations you had for it. No, Xillia was pretty entertaining, or IS entertaining I should say. I've got almost 40 hours in, and still on Jude's story (close to done I think), and everything from combat to setting, story, and characters have kept me entertained. Very straightforward game as it is easy to pick up and play after you learn how things work, and it gets addicting if you are a JRPG fan. You'll spend hours trying to collect stuff, grind, customize your party, buying and upgrading. Now about the voices - I see that a lot of people were disappointing in the fact that there was no dual audio, I'm pretty bummed about that too, but the English dub was pretty solid. The voices grew on me, and good dubs tend to have that effect. I just love those character skits, they are stacked with character interactions, lame jokes and innuendos, you just can't hate it. XD I'm most likely picking up Xillia 2 when it comes out.
greensoulreaper is offline   Reply With Quote