AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-08-29, 23:28   Link #1501
Rawgers
Nyaa~
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: S. California
Completed: Final Fantasy X. Not sure what PS2 game to play now. I'm thinking of either finishing Disgaea or starting Persona 4 (or 3).
Started:
Tsukihime(VN)- Being one of the most popular VN, it is pretty much obligation to play. Enjoyed and completed Arcueid's true end.

Wolfenstein (2009)- Iunno what to think about the game (never played the original). Only played the first two chapters (or whatever they are called)

For other visual novels, still have Kirakira, Umineko, and Chaos;head to complete.
Casually playing a mixture of DotA, HoN, and LoL.
Rawgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-29, 23:36   Link #1502
Kytherno
12th Supernova
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Foxy arc
No more heroes (Very late on this game.)
GH IV and Smash hits
Mario Galaxy (Incredibly late)
Soul Calibur Legends

All fer wii.
__________________
nomnomnom...bunnies found this oversized signature crisp and delicious!

^ it's things like that, that make me feel liek having too big of a sig more often.
Kytherno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-29, 23:47   Link #1503
Tornix
The Evil Twin
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: East Bay, S.F.
Age: 31
Send a message via ICQ to Tornix Send a message via AIM to Tornix Send a message via Yahoo to Tornix
Dissidia Final Fantasy
Policenauts

Just finished Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box. I really enjoyed it, but now I don't have anything on DS to keep me busy.
__________________
X-Box Live: Tornix SRK, PSN: TornixSRK, GGPO: Tornix SRK
Tornix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 00:16   Link #1504
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawgers View Post
Completed: Final Fantasy X. Not sure what PS2 game to play now. I'm thinking of either finishing Disgaea or starting Persona 4 (or 3).
Started:
Tsukihime(VN)- Being one of the most popular VN, it is pretty much obligation to play. Enjoyed and completed Arcueid's true end.

Wolfenstein (2009)- Iunno what to think about the game (never played the original). Only played the first two chapters (or whatever they are called)

For other visual novels, still have Kirakira, Umineko, and Chaos;head to complete.
Casually playing a mixture of DotA, HoN, and LoL.
Reminds me that I really should replay FFX sometime. Not a bad story to go through a second time.

Normally I'd recommend finishing a game first. But out of those I'd jump into Persona 4. That one has really gone up my favourites list. Not many games I've replayed just to go through the experience again as that one.
__________________
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 04:13   Link #1505
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornix View Post
Just finished Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box. I really enjoyed it, but now I don't have anything on DS to keep me busy.
You've just reminded me that i must finally go play it (well the first game anyway). Thanks for that.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 05:55   Link #1506
EvilMonkzilla
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: australia
Send a message via MSN to EvilMonkzilla
just playing blazblue and dynasty warriors 6: empires...until i get my copy of Batman: Arkham Asylum...
__________________
EvilMonkzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 13:20   Link #1507
Tornix
The Evil Twin
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: East Bay, S.F.
Age: 31
Send a message via ICQ to Tornix Send a message via AIM to Tornix Send a message via Yahoo to Tornix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
You've just reminded me that i must finally go play it (well the first game anyway). Thanks for that.
Glad to help. I can't wait for the third game. I hear it's just as good as the first two.
__________________
X-Box Live: Tornix SRK, PSN: TornixSRK, GGPO: Tornix SRK
Tornix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-31, 20:04   Link #1508
Sugar_Prayer
The Awesome One
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: In a box. An awesome box.
Just got back home, so I've been playing Mario Kart, Super Smash Brothers, and Harvest Moon on our Wii
__________________


Could this be.... *gasp* A harem?!
Sugar_Prayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-31, 22:07   Link #1509
Lonewolf
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Indianapolis,Indiana
PS3: MGS:4,Killzone 2,RE 5,MvC 2( I suck always get my butt kicked in Online),BF 1943,FF7
PC: D2,DoD:Source,WC III,RoM,Zoo Tycoon:complete Collection(Got a Sweet Dinosaur Park)
Wii:Smash Bros. Brawl,Mario Cart,LoZ:Twight Princess(havnt touched my Wii in weeks though)
PSP:Killzone:Liberation,Star Ocean: Second Story,FF7:CC,Street Fighter Alpha 3,FFT:WotL
DS:Metal Slug 7,Super Dodge Ball Brawlers(havnt played DS in months)

Not my whole collection but those are the ones i mostly play.
__________________
Too often, we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember. when someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and bitch-slap that mother@#?!&! upside the head!
Lonewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-01, 12:18   Link #1510
Da~Mike
Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: London
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmiDex View Post
....LOL Nina? 8D Seriously?
I thought she always had those on her chest xD~
I lol so much xD *rubs own cheeks* Oh maaah gaaawd. This is how hilarious and awe-ish the development of these games are.
We realize the change of their anatomical regions xD
Then I'm like 'DAMN. ;___; I need the PS3 for some extremely improvised hot guys drool moment'
I think all that are improved is only graphics. Least in my point of view I guess.

I never used Force Edge though xD I'm serious. I don't find Sparda Papa's sword all that powerful so I dumped it for Alastor and Sparda
Ah yes, I was wrong. I checked GameFaqs and if the box art is anything to go by, Nina was 'Assasin with big boobs' from the get go.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/...html?box=49480

Oh and check out the sheer difference between Tekken 1 and Tekken 6 in game screen shots.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/...6755.html?gf=1
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps3/...02.html?gs=157

And you wouldn't be wrong about the games of today in general. From some point, not necessarily the PS3/Xbox360 generation, the focal point of making a new game became its graphics. I don't think many developers in the past few years have dared to be different, which is unsurprising especially if you look at the game industry from the the standard economical viewpoint as opposed to the gamer's viewpoint. Good graphics seems to sell, so they keep doing it (same logic applies to an umpteen number of things).

And yes, the Force Edge and the Sparda sword are actually a kind of handicap... It's typically the kind of thing that hardcore gamers would want to master for, well... self satisfaction and bragging rights I guess...
I only tried it just to see how ridiculous it was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Have you (or anyone else for that matter) managed to get SS ranks on DMC3 heaven/hell mode using some GODLY royal guard blocks and taking advantage of just frames to avoid damage in the nick of time? Even for a hardcore gamer as myself, that shit is just too much.
As for me, Dissidia it is^^ Pretty simplistic in attack patterns but I get a feeling I won't get bored of it anytime soon
Oh, Crisis core keeps getting corrupt data, cba to start it over for the nth time...was fun while it lasted though.
The best I ever got was an S rank on Hard mode in DMC3, and that was only up to the first doggy boss. I gave up after that, especially since there were so many other things I could do rather than frustrate myself trying to get the timing right for all that crap in DMC3. I still didn't like it as much as DMC1 for some reason...

That said, I don't consider myself a hard core gamer. I'm not one to torture myself playing games on ridiculous difficulties unless I just so happen to like the game very much (DMC1, Splinter Cell series, and Tekken would be the few exceptions). And that I don't spend that much time playing games relative to everything else I do. Splinter cell isn't very difficult even on expert mode anyway.

And for Tekken, it was more about getting the EWGF/EWHF and air combos.
My thumb endured utter agony to more or less get an EWGF each time I try to pull off the move. I especially loved the animatics for the EWHF.
Though I still can't pull off (and won't bother trying) that crazy 6 hit EWGF I saw in some video...

I've never had any problems with my Crisis Core save data. Which version did you buy? I bought the EU ltd edition that all but came with some crappy 20 page artbook and artbox.
Don't know why I even bothered pre-ordering the EU ltd edition Dissidia for that matter...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmiDex View Post
It was a first attempt? o-o
I'm kinda curious now how Heaven/Hell mode is like..
I mean I know what Dante Must Die mode is like xD And I haven't even got my way through Mission 3 yet in this one.
I don't use Royal Guard anyway o-o Trickster/Swordmaster is the waaay to goooo~
I sucked like hell at DMC at my first attempt. I lost count of how many times I died and reloaded...
And I don't like Royal Guard either. It feels very Onimusha to have to 'Issen' the bad guys with all that Just Frame rubbish.
Though it was fun to 'Issen' almost every single enemy in Onimusha 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kytherno View Post
No more heroes (Very late on this game.)
I really liked that game. Though I wonder how different the US version feels from the EU version. The lack of blood and gore was something I appreciated actually.
And how weird it was to hear the VA for Travis saying "MOEeeeeeehh!"


Well, I guess Dissidia will be the next game I'll be giving a shot (and may regret even buying).
Da~Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-01, 12:32   Link #1511
Shadow Kira01
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: PMB Headquarters
Finishing up: Persona: The Revelations, Persona 2 Tsumi, Ever17, Growlanser V..

I am pretty much near the end for all these games..
__________________
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 05:32   Link #1512
KarmiDex
Kyuu Kyuu Kyuubi~~
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: In your lunchbox, trying to scavage for sushiiiiiii~
Send a message via MSN to KarmiDex Send a message via Skype™ to KarmiDex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da~Mike View Post
Ah yes, I was wrong. I checked GameFaqs and if the box art is anything to go by, Nina was 'Assasin with big boobs' from the get go.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/...html?box=49480

Oh and check out the sheer difference between Tekken 1 and Tekken 6 in game screen shots.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/...6755.html?gf=1
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps3/...02.html?gs=157

And you wouldn't be wrong about the games of today in general. From some point, not necessarily the PS3/Xbox360 generation, the focal point of making a new game became its graphics. I don't think many developers in the past few years have dared to be different, which is unsurprising especially if you look at the game industry from the the standard economical viewpoint as opposed to the gamer's viewpoint. Good graphics seems to sell, so they keep doing it (same logic applies to an umpteen number of things).

And yes, the Force Edge and the Sparda sword are actually a kind of handicap... It's typically the kind of thing that hardcore gamers would want to master for, well... self satisfaction and bragging rights I guess...
I only tried it just to see how ridiculous it was.


The best I ever got was an S rank on Hard mode in DMC3, and that was only up to the first doggy boss. I gave up after that, especially since there were so many other things I could do rather than frustrate myself trying to get the timing right for all that crap in DMC3. I still didn't like it as much as DMC1 for some reason...

That said, I don't consider myself a hard core gamer. I'm not one to torture myself playing games on ridiculous difficulties unless I just so happen to like the game very much (DMC1, Splinter Cell series, and Tekken would be the few exceptions). And that I don't spend that much time playing games relative to everything else I do. Splinter cell isn't very difficult even on expert mode anyway.

And for Tekken, it was more about getting the EWGF/EWHF and air combos.
My thumb endured utter agony to more or less get an EWGF each time I try to pull off the move. I especially loved the animatics for the EWHF.
Though I still can't pull off (and won't bother trying) that crazy 6 hit EWGF I saw in some video...


I sucked like hell at DMC at my first attempt. I lost count of how many times I died and reloaded...
And I don't like Royal Guard either. It feels very Onimusha to have to 'Issen' the bad guys with all that Just Frame rubbish.
Though it was fun to 'Issen' almost every single enemy in Onimusha 4.



Well, I guess Dissidia will be the next game I'll be giving a shot (and may regret even buying).

Yeeeeeeeeeeeep~
As I thought, graphic improvement is much more noticeable than anything xD
But I also noticed 'Whoawut?Chestsaregettingbiggerforbothguysandgirls '
xDD!! Gosh I'm so horrible but is just SO OBVIOUS xDD

And yeah >>; Well whats really gay is that 'Sparda' is actually necessarily said powerful only because Mundus rather make out with that sword than with any other. It was so frustrating cause I wanted to try use Alastor and Ifrit but failed. And Alastor was only so greatful useful for the cheap part to defeat Mundus.
SERIOUSLY CAPCOM? HOW CHEAP WAS THAT AT FIRST?

My thumb hurt to try execute aloooooooot of combos for Tekken.
OH-MY-GAWD. Especially!!! KOF games >>; like I think I bruised my thumb and had a cut on my thumb a couple of times cause I was really violent with my controller xD kept pressing and trying to pull out awesome set of combos and NEARLY winning against Shion (KOF XI) and then was like 'OWWWW' ;___; my thumb...my poor thumb...

YAY!
ANOTHER ROYALGUARD HATER!
...I mean...disliker! (thats not even a word by the way xD)
And currently I'm replaying DMC3 just to complete Gunslinger and THEN Royalguard. Even though I don't feel the use of it but what the heck 8D
Honestly, the best boss I really like to fight in DMC3 is Nevan. I don't know why but the challenge of fighting her is pretty awesome. Aside from that, Beowulf just for the knack of chilling around, DT-ing while slashing his face.
And then! There's Geryon.
....A horse I don't quite like but take a mild pity upon.

NOOOOOOOOOO!!
You mustn't regret not buying Dissidia! MUSN'T! MUST NOT!
Dissidia is the best Final Fantasy fighting game D= You must like it!
xD Yeah I demand you to not regret buying it.
I actually regret not even getting it ;___;
KarmiDex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 12:07   Link #1513
Ever17
Welcome Deep Place
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: America
Tales of Abyss, Umineko no naku koro ni :3

I've been playing Abyss for awhile with some friends, so the only time we can play it is when we're together so we've been stalled a bit ^^'' but awesome game!

I had borrowed tales of symphonia and loved that game as well XD I gotta buy a copy for myself and replay that soon...
__________________
A promise past and returning where one belongs.

Ever17 English Dub!

Info on Auditions here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj48g...e=channel_page
Ever17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 12:40   Link #1514
u43368
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
I'm playing Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth.

Lately it seems I'm going on a pattern of playing something so happy you'll vomit rainbows (Ever17) to so depressing you'll want to an hero (This game).
u43368 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 13:45   Link #1515
Da~Mike
Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: London
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmiDex View Post
I've just put in a smiley face with your quote since your post is just above this anyway.

And yes, if anything, the amount of detail on the Tekken characters keeps going up with each game. Not that I'm complaining.
Though all those accessories can look rather silly...

It's been so long since I've played any DMC game (last I touched was DMC4 and I never finished it). I can't remember what was cheap about Alastor in the Mundus boss, since I simply stuck with the Sparda sword from that point on.
I remember a very cheap way to beat Angelo though, just keep using Ifrit's fireballs in DT and dodge everything else whilst taunting.

And uh... I've found that it's actually more effective to input any button commands softly but swiftly. I found that the more the inputs "flow", the easier it is to pull it off.
But yeah, be kind to your thumbs.
(or you could try and arcade stick and get carpal tunnel syndrome instead )
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmiDex View Post
NOOOOOOOOOO!!
You mustn't regret not buying Dissidia! MUSN'T! MUST NOT!
Dissidia is the best Final Fantasy fighting game D= You must like it!
xD Yeah I demand you to not regret buying it.
I actually regret not even getting it ;___;
I had to quote that because it was confusing...
I must not regret not buying Dissidia?? The extra "not" makes it sound like I must regret buying Dissidia or be happy without buying it.
Anyway, if the chars in Dissidia are that hot, then maybe that might be a fair reason to buy the game.
And... you believe it's the best Final Fantasy game without owning it?
Da~Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 17:45   Link #1516
KarmiDex
Kyuu Kyuu Kyuubi~~
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: In your lunchbox, trying to scavage for sushiiiiiii~
Send a message via MSN to KarmiDex Send a message via Skype™ to KarmiDex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da~Mike View Post
I had to quote that because it was confusing...
I must not regret not buying Dissidia?? The extra "not" makes it sound like I must regret buying Dissidia or be happy without buying it.
Anyway, if the chars in Dissidia are that hot, then maybe that might be a fair reason to buy the game.
And... you believe it's the best Final Fantasy game without owning it?


(its 6am and Im sleepy xD hahaha)

But err yeah xDD Sorry
I think I typed to fast that I didn't re-read my post
And got into a fight with a friend (cause he's a jerk sometimes)
Buuuut anywaaaay~

Well I mean xD Don't regret buying Dissidia. Cause for a PSP game, I find it actually the best second after Crisis Core.

And yeah ;_______; cause I watched video brawls of Dissidia and I was like 'I WANT THAT' but xD I don't think its out here and even if they have, don't think its original anyway...

But I also love Dissidia because of the mix of FF characters~ <3 I find the idea and concept very interesting.

Also, o-o I'm coming close to finishing Crisis Core but I am.....hesitating to continue.
I don't wanna see Zack die ;___;
KarmiDex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 18:05   Link #1517
Da~Mike
Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: London
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmiDex View Post
(its 6am and Im sleepy xD hahaha)
But err yeah xDD Sorry
I think I typed to fast that I didn't re-read my post
And got into a fight with a friend (cause he's a jerk sometimes)
Buuuut anywaaaay~
Well I mean xD Don't regret buying Dissidia. Cause for a PSP game, I find it actually the best second after Crisis Core.
And yeah ;_______; cause I watched video brawls of Dissidia and I was like 'I WANT THAT' but xD I don't think its out here and even if they have, don't think its original anyway...
But I also love Dissidia because of the mix of FF characters~ <3 I find the idea and concept very interesting.
Also, o-o I'm coming close to finishing Crisis Core but I am.....hesitating to continue.
I don't wanna see Zack die ;___;
It is 6am or was 6am?
I'm in the standard GMT time zone and it's almost midnight so I was curious.

And not to worry. Your posts are easy to understand, especially when compared to all that leet speak and all that.
And I hope the fight wasn't serious and that he makes amends for whatever transgression he committed.

Going back to Dissidia and lot, well, Gameplay.co.uk said they've posted my ltd ed set off so I'll be getting it soon enough. Yay?
I'll take some pics of the extras if anyone's interested.

And you know what, I'm probably going to buy an Action Replay for Crisis Core now, though I probably won't need it if all I wanted to do was finish the story. The grinding is so mind numbingly dull to me...
Probably why FF VIII was the only Final Fantasy I've completed to date.
Da~Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 20:42   Link #1518
KarmiDex
Kyuu Kyuu Kyuubi~~
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: In your lunchbox, trying to scavage for sushiiiiiii~
Send a message via MSN to KarmiDex Send a message via Skype™ to KarmiDex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da~Mike View Post
It is 6am or was 6am?
I'm in the standard GMT time zone and it's almost midnight so I was curious.

And not to worry. Your posts are easy to understand, especially when compared to all that leet speak and all that.
And I hope the fight wasn't serious and that he makes amends for whatever transgression he committed.
Its xD Cause I'm sorta in a country near Thailand.
Okay fine no I'm from Malaysia so its like...I think 12 hours ahead? o-o Meh. xD I'm not the type to give much a chance about timezone differences really.
So yeah, time I posted that was 6am 8D HAH! xP lol joking

>>; It....wasn't too serious I suppose. He had a temper, I had a temper. We were both stubborn. I was persistent. He can't handle. He became a kid 8D Then later we chilled without saying sorry xD Lol.

But anyway yeah! Back to topic! xD


Quote:
Originally Posted by Da~Mike View Post
Going back to Dissidia and lot, well, Gameplay.co.uk said they've posted my ltd ed set off so I'll be getting it soon enough. Yay?
I'll take some pics of the extras if anyone's interested.

And you know what, I'm probably going to buy an Action Replay for Crisis Core now, though I probably won't need it if all I wanted to do was finish the story. The grinding is so mind numbingly dull to me...
Probably why FF VIII was the only Final Fantasy I've completed to date.

xD PSP died just when I was about to go into the ShinRa manor. LOL HOW COOL IS THAT? xD

xD Lol Action Replay? Why?

=O I feel like I was about to squeal that you completed FFVIII cause I know of some friends who won't even try to continue the game just cause they said it was loooooong.
When actually I think, FFVIII has like...long dramatic interesting plot 8D
Also xD that...well...its kinda worth playing for replays.
But the replays I usually just do it just to fight Omega Weapon again. 8D I like tough challenges over and over again when I'm bored~
KarmiDex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 23:10   Link #1519
Sailor Enlil
GWAAAA!
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Philippines
Just got started with Blazblue for the PS3 (like I mentioned in that game's thread), but also I've been digging out some oldies and reliving the old days of fun:

Quake 1-4 (especially their mods)
Grandia II
Darkened Skye
Shogo: Mobile Armor Division
Half Life and Opposing Force (Steam versions)
__________________
For Love and Justice, I am Sailor Enlil!
In the name of Lord Enlil, I shall punish you!
Sailor Enlil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-03, 05:18   Link #1520
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The girl's bathroom
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Started a new game of Jagged Alliance 2: Urban Chaos tonight.

I have to bloody finish this game. But I always get to the point where I have a squad armed with four or five M4A1's complete with suppressors and optics and the battles are ridiculously easy even on expert.

I just get bored and can't finish it.

However I must persist this time...
__________________

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:59.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.