AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Old 2003-12-27, 03:48   Link #1
saiko_stan

Error Message !!!

Everytime i try to download this one file, (the Pita Ten 1-26 batch)
it 'checks the existing file' and it goes up to 99%

and THEN

It "fails" and i get this error:

IOError - [Errno 13] - Permission Denied

I don't know what's wrong, because it was working fine awhile ago, i already have it up to about 75% done!

Does this have any relation to the blue screen thing, and the thing about the drivers? Because I had that problem many times too, currently (these past 2-3 days) it hasn't been a problem..but before...

Anyways!

Please reply if you know of any ways to remedy this

Thanks!
saiko_stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-27, 20:38   Link #2
jayj713

I think something is wrong with tracker when that happens. not sure.
jayj713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-29, 01:22   Link #3
saiko_stan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One
Sounds like something with the filesystem... do you have the files write-protected or something like this? Or are they already opened with some other application?

What OS are you running? A Windows? Then maybe you should run scandisk...
I have Windows XP home..

scandisk??

that's different from the virus check huh?...

um...

yes...

Anyways, I don't think they were opened with another application, and I don't know how to write-protect them, so that shouldn't be a problem

Maybe i should try to download it again, maybe it'll work this time...

haha, well, could you ..clarify the scandisk thing? anyone?

thanks a bunch!
saiko_stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-29, 04:41   Link #4
NightWish
Crushcrushcrush
*Administrator

You won't find scandisk on XP home. The program is called "chkdsk" (Read as: Check-Disk). Quickest way to run it would be to type "chkdsk" into the Run Box: Click [Start] -> Run; type "chkdsk" and press [OK]. Might be slow ~ take a while to finish.

I'm not convinced what will solve your problem but its worth a try I guess. If I were you I'd re-install BitTorrent and try again. Also, try moving the video files you are trying to download to a new location and clear their all permissions (Right Click, Properties; Security Tab). If you get any errors trying to install BitTorrent again come back and tell us what they are...

Anyone actually know, when and why BitTorrent generates this error -- I mean from an "I've worked on the code, so I can say for sure its XYZ" perspective?
Old 2004-01-02, 01:30   Link #5
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

I'm having the same problem, but it only occurs when I'm downloading "batch files." What I mean is that I'm dling Ultra Maniac 1-26 + OVA all in one torrent.

It's happened to me twice now. It happened the first time when I was at about 33%, and I kept trying to retry and it wouldn't work. A couple days later I tried it again and it started downloading more. Now at about 65%, I get this http://tsushimamasaki.tripod.com/bterror.jpg .

EDIT: Looks like you'll have to copy and paste the link into the address box...
Old 2004-01-22, 06:53   Link #6
Mezhia

Error ! Permission denied ! ?

Hi, i'm a newbie and i have a serious problem with the episodes 21-24 of hikaru no go.

When i want to download the episodes, the message "Error IOerror Errno 13 Permission denied" appears !

What can i do to dl correctly the show ?

Thanks for yours answers.
Mezhia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-22, 11:31   Link #7
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven

If you start more than one GUI with the same torrent it will give you permission denied.

Note: GUI = Graphical User Interface
ElvenPath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-28, 23:01   Link #8
scott_karana

Bittorrent [Errno 13] Permission denied

I recently set up my comp to dual-boot linux as well as WInxp. I have my Windows FAT32 partition mounted in linux. When I tried to use Azureus in linux to download some torrents onto the fat drive, I was given an IO Error. Assuming this was because of the filesystems, I tried again, but on my ext3 partition. Still the same error. I then switched to Shad0w's Experimental, thinking it was an error with Azureus, and was given a slighty more in-depth error.

"Problem getting response info - [Errno 13] Permission denied" followed by the file's name.

This error always comes up immediately after loading the .torrent file. It's also not a tracker error or anything like that: I tried some torrents from other servers. Anybody know what to do when this happens?
scott_karana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-29, 03:59   Link #9
hhaamu
Don't panic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott_karana
"Problem getting response info - [Errno 13] Permission denied" followed by the file's name.
Do you have read access to the .torrent file? Do you have write access to where you are trying to save the torrent to? Can you try downloading the torrent to a directory where you most certainly have read/write access to (like $HOME)?

(actually, any browser is fine to me as long as it doesn't use IE's rendering engine...)
Generating the #animesuki stats since 2003
hhaamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-30, 01:04   Link #10
scott_karana

The torrent is in a subfolder of my home folder. I'm trying to save it directly to the home folder itself.
scott_karana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-14, 17:56   Link #11
Robert812005

Question This Bloody Error!!!!

I am Getting so ticked off, because of the most annoying error. It Says : ERROR IOError - [Errno 13]Permission Denied........i get it everytime I try to download my Anime! Can Someone please explain what this error is about???
Robert812005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-14, 18:04   Link #12
Cruzz
Europeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert812005
I am Getting so ticked off, because of the most annoying error. It Says : ERROR IOError - [Errno 13]Permission Denied........i get it everytime I try to download my Anime! Can Someone please explain what this error is about???
Usually a "Permission Denied" would indicate that bittorrent is already running. Check the task manager and close any instance of bittorrent on it.
Cruzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-14, 18:06   Link #13
Robert812005

Thanks Alot, you were right!
Robert812005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-08, 20:58   Link #14
Edgewalker
Nani ?

Annoying error . Bad file

I get this annoying error ...

IO error [errno 9]bad file descriptor .

Wth ? I cant DL the file any further . Is there a way to fix this ( I tried right clicking the torent and saving it ) or am I screwed and have to redownload the entire file ?
Edgewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-09, 00:23   Link #15
Edgewalker
Nani ?

hmm Im beginning to wonder if my luck is just bad .

Now I get error : permission denied instead . It wont even check my old file .
Edgewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-24, 09:35   Link #16
s0nicfreak
shotakon

Send a message via AIM to s0nicfreak Send a message via Yahoo to s0nicfreak
Exclamation IO Error: [Errno 13] Permission Denied

Since yesterday, whenever I download anything with bittorrent it stops when it's 40 - 55 % done and says "IO Error: [Errno 13] Permission Denied"
I have tried restarting the torrent. I have tried diffrent torrents. I have tried restarting my comp. I googled it and it said it's because the torrent is already being dled by bt, but it's not. The torrent will not start downloading again unless I delete the file and start over again - but it again stops at 40 - 55 % done.

Someone said the harddrive might be full, but it isn't, I'm not stupid; and besides when it is full that gives a diffrent error...

PLEASE HELP!
s0nicfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-22, 01:38   Link #17
yama666

It is so easy!

I met the [ERROR 13]: permission denied today,
and when I open the Procession MANAGER (Ctrl + Alt + Delete), I found a procession named "BTDOWNLOADGUI.EXE" But I had closed my BT !

Maybe the BT had met some error and stoped ,but it is not a REAL Shut down~

OF COURSE, you will be DENIED to download a same file at the same place with two torrent at the same time !!!

Ahaaaaaaa~~~~~

So I tried to kill this procession, and now everything goes well ! SO EASY!

SO, TO SOLVE this ERROR, all you need is to STOP the procession named "BTDOWNLOADGUI.EXE" !

if you have any question about this , please EMAIL me, my address is

yama666@gmail.com
yama666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-27, 13:53   Link #18
cloudx1987

100% Way To Fix This Problem!:

1) Copy all the files from the bittorrent download (game, movie ect) into a random folder.
2) Atleast one file should say CRC Error.
3) Go back to the folder where that CRC File was (game, movie ect) and delete it.
4) Restart the bittorent file, only losing one file!

This fixed mine, I hope it fixes yours!

PS: DO NOT DELETE THE WHOLE DIRECTORY
JUST THE ONE FILE THAT HAD THE CRC ERROR!
cloudx1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-04, 22:19   Link #19
Blinding

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudx1987
100% Way To Fix This Problem!:

1) Copy all the files from the bittorrent download (game, movie ect) into a random folder.
2) Atleast one file should say CRC Error.
3) Go back to the folder where that CRC File was (game, movie ect) and delete it.
4) Restart the bittorent file, only losing one file!

This fixed mine, I hope it fixes yours!

PS: DO NOT DELETE THE WHOLE DIRECTORY
JUST THE ONE FILE THAT HAD THE CRC ERROR!
This was my exact problem. I moved the files to another disk and one of them failed
to copy due to a CRC error. I deleted that and then moved it all back and now it is downloading again.

Thanks!
Blinding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-14, 16:28   Link #20
SelfPossessed

Operating System: Windows XP Home
Client: BitTornado T-0.3.7 (I'm too lazy to switch clients as this works fine )

I have gotten I/O errors about 4 times during the process of downloading a 12 gig torrent. This happens almost randomly while in the middle of downloading. As a sidenote, I have used finish allocation and then utilized priorities (download first, download normally, download later, download never) so as to download and watch as each episode completes. There are two files that I put as "download never" as they don't run properly. Each time the I/O error occurs, the two completed files before and after the "download never" files lose 3% of their information.

I am the administrator. I made sure it wasn't another client trying to access it, so that isn't the problem. I tried moving the files to another directory and didn't get a CRC error. When right clicking the files and clicking properties, I couldn't find a security tab (maybe I'm just blind or something ). I have successfully used BitTornado on other torrents recently and it ran successfully, so I don't think it's a client problem either. Each time I restart the torrent after an I/O error, the client checks all existing data again so it shouldn't be corrupt data.

That leaves me with the chkdsk, which I am hoping to avoid. Are there any other solutions to this sort of problem? Have I missed any while reading through this thread?

For now I'm just restarting the torrent each time the I/O error occurs, occassionally losing some pieces of data and one time even my ratio. The ratio problem is frustrating me the most at the moment as I can't figure out how long I have to upload when the torrent finally finishes.

Thanks for the help in advance. Happy downloading everyone.
SelfPossessed is offline   Reply With Quote