AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2006-09-09, 12:58   Link #21
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Poor old ZUN, he doesn't ask for much and people still set up sites to pirate his games anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoshi_Kawa
For some weird reason i find, Lunatic dificulty easier than easy difficulty
Clearly you're not human, as Lunatic difficulty is evil. Very evil.
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-09, 13:41   Link #22
Hoshi_Kawa
Give Gin Back!

Send a message via MSN to Hoshi_Kawa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdra
Poor old ZUN, he doesn't ask for much and people still set up sites to pirate his games anyway

Clearly you're not human, as Lunatic difficulty is evil. Very evil.

all enemy attacks are spaced closer, cant focus if attacks are spreaded apart... =/

anyone know what that time thing is for in the game?
like if i beat a stage it says

"PM11:00 >> AM 1:30" as an example

and is their anyway to save T.T
Old 2006-09-09, 13:58   Link #23
Varion
殲滅天使

Yup, you can only finish the story that night. If you get all the time orbs (which are displayed on the right hand side) on a stage it increases by half an hour, if you don't it increases by a full hour, and if you use a continue it increases too - can't remember how much by. If you get to 5am before the final boss is done then it's game over.

And no, no way to save.
Old 2006-09-09, 14:37   Link #24
Hoshi_Kawa
Give Gin Back!

Send a message via MSN to Hoshi_Kawa
time orbs, right hand side... o_O?
Old 2006-09-10, 05:58   Link #25
Varion
殲滅天使

Look at the screenshots you posted on the first page, and down the right hand bar - see where it says Time Number/Number? Well, that's your counter. You get them by using your normal shot or phantom shot (after you've held shift) for ages exclusively (see in the bottom left corner where there's a % value? If it's over 80, you'll get them) as well as dodging through bullets like that iirc. Get the first value over the second and the time increase will be less and on normal difficulty or above the bosses will get one more spell card to use against you where you can't lose any lives or use bombs, it's just for fun =p Hard though.
Old 2006-10-04, 13:52   Link #26
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Strange request, but I recently went lost the abililty to access the extra stages on the Windows games due to the loss of my Touhou folder and I'm desperately seeking somebody who is nice enough (and not too elitist) to upload there unlocked data files somewhere so that I can play the extra stages again without the hassle of unlocking them, since now that I'm back in school I simply don't have the time to burn on trying to unlock them. I know people will call me a cheater, but I'm really in a pickle here.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 23:18   Link #27
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Ehm... kinda reviving this because I just tried my hand at these games.

They're nice danmaku shmups. A completely different cut from the classic arcade danmaku shmups though (see: Cave), action seems much more slow paced and tight, and some patterns look either beautiful or just outright insane. I've only tried Perfect Cherry Blossom and Imperishable Night. The latter's scoring system is easily one of the most interesting I've seen in shmups, even if it features ranks (I hate ranks), though I won't play it till I master PCB.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-15, 00:11   Link #28
Quarkboy
Anime Translator

Send a message via AIM to Quarkboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdra View Post
here, or if I could just yoink Dracil's sig for a minute:

You're supposed to dodge all of those >.>
Here's how to dodge all of those, from left to right:

1. The small bullets are random, but mostly verticle, and the butterflies are aimed NEAR where you were about 5 seconds ago, so the card ends up being almost pure twitch dodging. The length makes it difficult but almost everything is moving pretty slowly.

2. The secret to this card is to constantly circle around the target, which gets increasingly difficult as you have to weave through the linear bullets. As it goes on, more and more aimed lines are shot at you so keep circling!

3. Stay low, stay in between the small bullet lanes, and only cut through the butterflies when you must.

4. Pure memorization. There are safe spots for a few right on crack's eye. Other than that study demos till you know all the waves. One of the hardest cards ever.

5. Actually really easy. Stay centered, very bottom, dodge as little as possible. Time you movements to go against the sweeping lazer and if you are moving towards it when it sweeps by it should miss.

6. Easier than it looks. Just find the hole in the web, go to the middle, dodge the circular bullets while staying in the hole, repeat.

Easy, right? (to be fair, I've captures only 1,3,4 and 5.
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-15, 00:21   Link #29
Quarkboy
Anime Translator

Send a message via AIM to Quarkboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
Ehm... kinda reviving this because I just tried my hand at these games.

They're nice danmaku shmups. A completely different cut from the classic arcade danmaku shmups though (see: Cave), action seems much more slow paced and tight, and some patterns look either beautiful or just outright insane. I've only tried Perfect Cherry Blossom and Imperishable Night. The latter's scoring system is easily one of the most interesting I've seen in shmups, even if it features ranks (I hate ranks), though I won't play it till I master PCB.
Everyone should try (preferably, buy, but there's a demo) Touhou 10 Mountain of Faith.

It might not be as large a game as Imperishable night (no spell card practice with unlockable final cards, sorry), but it is a step up graphically and the bullet patterns are as interesting as ever. Extra stage is a bit easier this time, too, so even I can beat it (sometimes).

The game only really starts getting good at stage 4, though, so you really need the full version.

The scoring system works quite differently: You have a third type of item called "faith", which increases your faith level when you collect it (big ones count 5000-1000 depending on difficulty level, small ones 100), and when you collect point items their value is dependant on your total faith level (similar to how cherry points worked in PCB), however, your faith constantly decreases whenever your faith bar is empty, and your faith bar is filled by destroying enemies (and stays constant while you are shooting one) or when collecting any items. Your faith bar empties very quickly when you aren't shooting enemies.
So it's important to not just collect items as fast as possible, but to collect them continuously if you want to high score.

Also a BIG change is there are no bomb items. Instead, bombing lowers your power level 1 whole level (big power items is one level, small ones are 0.1). So you have a lot of bombs in the game, but the trade off is that your shot gets weaker when you use them. Also, there are strategic places where you can bomb for faith points, since when you use a bomb all bullets get turned into small faith items.

In any case the scoring system is very deep, but you CAN ignore it and just try to beat the game too (which is very very hard on lunatic and maybe slightly easier than previous games on easy and normal).

The final spell card "mountain of faith" is the most beautiful spell card Zun has ever created in my opinion.
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-15, 11:43   Link #30
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
Don't forget one of the best thing about Touhou series is the bgm. Touhou 10 - Mountain of Faith has beautiful bgm that really fits the theme of the game (Fall season, this time). Not to mention the background is gorgeous, and bullet pattern is still insane, yet fascinating at the same time.
Old 2008-04-15, 16:27   Link #31
Z3120

Never once in my life have I played this game. But I do indeed agree the OSTs are lovely from a bunch of these games.

I don't dare touch these games though. They look incredibly insane.
Z3120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-15, 23:57   Link #32
cicido
I'm so moe I kill myself
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3120 View Post
Never once in my life have I played this game. But I do indeed agree the OSTs are lovely from a bunch of these games.

I don't dare touch these games though. They look incredibly insane.
Not really, it might look very hard at first, but it gets easier overtime.
(Then again I never really beaten lunatic...Or hard)

^ Touhoues for president. ^
Chinese Saimoe 08 Congradulations to C.C. and Shana for winning Chinese Saimoe 08
cicido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-17, 22:15   Link #33
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Don't just look. Play it. From my experience, you always feel it's insane when you keep watching it, but if you start to play it, you can see it's not that much (although it's still insane when it comes to Lunatic mode )
Old 2008-04-18, 17:00   Link #34
Z3120

Well, if you were to recommend one particular title out of the Touhou series, what would it be Duo, or anyone who's played a bunch of these? Music wise, I like what ZUN has. The thing about watching the Touhou games, or any really, is that the visuals are pretty darn gorgeous, to me anyway. Love the colors; brings back nice memory of fireworks.
Z3120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-19, 09:36   Link #35
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

As usual, I always recommend to start with Touhou 7 - Perfect Cherry Blossom. Although if you want a simple gameplay system, then you should try Touhou 6 - The Embodiment of Scarlet Devil, since it has nothing special, the scoring system is simple, but the difficulty is higher than almost all others Touhou title, because of the randomness in bullet pattern that it sometimes create the unavoidable pattern that forces you to use bomb or die.
Old 2008-04-20, 00:51   Link #36
Js2756
Thread Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3120 View Post
Well, if you were to recommend one particular title out of the Touhou series, what would it be Duo, or anyone who's played a bunch of these? Music wise, I like what ZUN has. The thing about watching the Touhou games, or any really, is that the visuals are pretty darn gorgeous, to me anyway. Love the colors; brings back nice memory of fireworks.
Perfect Cherry Blossom (Touhou 7) is one of the best to start with, but I personally enjoy the variety of Imperishable Night (Touhou 8). You can't really go wrong with any of Touhou 6 - 8 (Embodiment of Scarlet Devil, being 6 and the one not mentioned). For some reason, I always play those 3 and rarely play Mountain of Faith (Touhou 10).
Old 2008-04-20, 10:49   Link #37
PeanutFever

Since everyone here is talkig about touhou, which charachters do you prefer? Patchouli all the way.

ON a side note, Flandre on Lunatic in the Embodiment of Scarlet Devil is mean...really really mean
Old 2008-04-20, 14:26   Link #38
VIPPER

I still play the old Touhou games.

Because I'm hip and retro like that.

I have them all though, and they get more difficult with every installment.
VIPPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-02, 16:19   Link #39
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Then go and buy it
Old 2008-05-02, 17:04   Link #40
Rika_Chama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
Then go and buy it
>.< just went and ordered it hope it works on my computer