AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2008-05-02, 19:50   Link #41
~ Lawliet ~

I have also played the first 5 on the ANEX emulator, though nothing more recent than those.
~ Lawliet ~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-03, 06:51   Link #42
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
Touhou 11 - 東方地霊殿 ~ Subterranean Animism

Just see it in Zun's blog
http://kourindou.exblog.jp/7850454/

It'll be released at 25th of may, along with SWR
Old 2008-05-03, 07:40   Link #43
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Touhou 11 - 東方地霊殿 ~ Subterranean Animism

Just see it in Zun's blog
http://kourindou.exblog.jp/7850454/

It'll be released at 25th of may, along with SWR
A demo will be released the 25th of may, not the full game
Old 2008-05-03, 21:05   Link #44
Js2756
Thread Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeanutFever View Post
Since everyone here is talkig about touhou, which charachters do you prefer? Patchouli all the way.

ON a side note, Flandre on Lunatic in the Embodiment of Scarlet Devil is mean...really really mean
I'm a fan of Reimu and Yukari, although Marisa and Alice have their charm.

You can't not like Hong Meiling after watching this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYzF4fN03_c

Jaouuu!!!!

Oh, and yahoo to more Touhou!
Old 2008-05-04, 11:08   Link #45
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
A demo will be released the 25th of may, not the full game
Ah, thank for the correction.
Old 2008-06-08, 09:13   Link #46
ranedeparted
ippen shindemiru

I heard you guys talking about touhou so I just wanted to jump in the characters I like are yukari my favorite one and flandre scarlet if yukari didnt exist i would like flandre more
Old 2008-06-08, 09:16   Link #47
ranedeparted
ippen shindemiru

oh and i forgot sterling is that a sprite of moku its awseom X)
Old 2008-06-08, 17:55   Link #48
Meirin
Locked Girl

I've been playing Touhou since about 2006 but never really got much better at it. Shoot the Bullet truly gives me nightmares.

After Mountain of Faith, it seems that the difficulty has been ramped up in Subterranean Animism. ZUN must be increasing his alcohol intake. I'm glad that graze is back though.

Can't wait til the full ver of Subterranean Animism is out (hopefully this summer?) I like the new cast of characters (yay, Zunicorn makes a great drinking buddy for Suika!) and hope the later stage bosses stay interesting. However, ZUN is really starting to drop the ball on the plot. Maybe he should get drunk more often.
Old 2008-06-08, 21:20   Link #49
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meirin View Post
Can't wait til the full ver of Subterranean Animism is out (hopefully this summer?)
Yeah, mid-August (Comiket is the 15th to the 17th).

11 is quite a big step up in terms of difficulty from 10 indeed. Barely had any problems at all with the Mountain of Faith demo, but the second boss especially is just nasty here. Usually time out in the stalking-green-stuff one rather than even bother trying to shoot at her. I like the different gameplay styles too, they add a decent bit of variety especially with the extra stuff like side-to-side teleporting and the cherry border.
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-09, 15:39   Link #50
Clarste
Human

Quote:
However, ZUN is really starting to drop the ball on the plot. Maybe he should get drunk more often.
Huh? There's never been any plot in the first 3 stages anyway. If anything, the plot's been ramped up by making the third boss relevant. Anyway, usually the majority of the plot lies in the backstories of the final/extra/stage 5 bosses, who obviously haven't been introduced yet. How would you feel about the plot of PCB from just the first 3 stages? MoF?
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-09, 16:24   Link #51
Meirin
Locked Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Huh? There's never been any plot in the first 3 stages anyway. If anything, the plot's been ramped up by making the third boss relevant.
Well, from what I can tell the plot of Subterranean Animism so far concerns some ancient war in which some bad youkai and oni were confined in the underground of Gensokyo, and something major went down underground, but the good youkai we know can't go down there because of a peace treaty. So they communicate to Reimu and Marisa, who they sent underground.

To me that sounds like too much plot for a Touhou game demo. But like you say, who knows how the rest of it would turn out.
Old 2008-06-09, 17:01   Link #52
Avisch
Reality Blender

I'm a sort of growing newcomer to Touhou. Not knowing much about the characters themselves but knowing who the characters are.

I decided to try out the untranslated version of Scarlet Weather Rhapsody, thus making the first Touhou game I've played....It has arguably the highest quality art I've seen out of a Touhou game.

Anyway I have to say the music for this series is really great. I think my favorite tracks (from listening around randomly) would be "Invisible Full Moon" (Reisen's theme), "Marisa Stole the Precious Thing" (can't find the original version though), and "U.N. Owen was her" (Flandre's music)

EDIT: Oh yeah I also forgot to say that I would like to live long enough for an anime of Touhou to released. Whether it is the fandmade production or a stuido's production....I don't care.

One crazy B****

Last edited by Avisch; 2008-06-09 at 21:01.
Avisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-09, 17:27   Link #53
Js2756
Thread Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdra View Post
11 is quite a big step up in terms of difficulty from 10 indeed. Barely had any problems at all with the Mountain of Faith demo, but the second boss especially is just nasty here. Usually time out in the stalking-green-stuff one rather than even bother trying to shoot at her. I like the different gameplay styles too, they add a decent bit of variety especially with the extra stuff like side-to-side teleporting and the cherry border.
MoF did not get hard until stage 4, which incidentally, is one of the hardest Touhou stages out there. Kanako's last two spell cards are among the hardest spell cards for a final boss in a Touhou game as well (there is probably a trick to it that I just can't figure out). The one thing that does really lower MoF's difficulty (which I guess is now compensated in 11, since it uses the same bomb system) is the sheer number of bombs available to you, plus the seemingly extra damage your primary shot now does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avisch View Post
I'm a sort of growing newcomer to Touhou. Not knowing much about the characters themselves but knowing who the characters are.

I decided to try out the untranslated version of Scarlet Weather Rhapsody, thus making the first Touhou game I've played....It has arguably the highest quality art I've seen out of a Touhou game.

Anyway I have to say the music for this series is really great. I think my favorite tracks (from listening around randomly) would be "Invisible Full Moon" (Reisen's theme), "Marisa Stole the Precious Thing" (can't find the original version though), and "U.N. Owen was her" (Flandre's music)
The mildly sad thing about Scarlet Weather Rhapsody is that a lot of the art comes straight from Immaterial and Missing Power. The song that "Marisa Stole the Precious Thing" is based on is here:
Doll Judgement
Old 2008-06-09, 17:56   Link #54
Avisch
Reality Blender

Oh thanks!.
But a question:
Do you consider it sad because their reusing art? Or for some other reason.

One crazy B****
Avisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-09, 19:04   Link #55
Js2756
Thread Killer

Quote:
Oh thanks!.
But a question:
Do you consider it sad because their reusing art? Or for some other reason.
Pretty much just that they did reuse a lot of art. I'm not necessarily saying the art isn't good, but it kinda shows a bit of laziness on the part of developers given how little new art there was of the returning characters given how long ago IaMP came out.
Old 2008-06-10, 04:52   Link #56
Meirin
Locked Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Js2756 View Post
I'm not necessarily saying the art isn't good, but it kinda shows a bit of laziness on the part of developers given how little new art there was of the returning characters given how long ago IaMP came out.
I agree, I also felt it was a bit of a let-down, especially after so many years in the making. However, the new characters are adorable and all the alternative costumes are pretty cute too.
Old 2008-06-10, 04:59   Link #57
Meirin
Locked Girl

Quote:
I decided to try out the untranslated version of Scarlet Weather Rhapsody, thus making the first Touhou game I've played....
You must try the danmaku games too! Either Embodiment of Scarlet Devil or Perfect Cherry Blossom would be a good starting point.

If you like the official music you should definitely check out the doujin arrangements and remixes too. There are tonnes released at Comikets and Reiteisai every year and this year's selection is simply wonderful!
Old 2008-06-10, 05:03   Link #58
Clarste
Human

Quote:
I agree, I also felt it was a bit of a let-down, especially after so many years in the making. However, the new characters are adorable and all the alternative costumes are pretty cute too.
I'm not sure I can see the point in redrawing everything for no reason.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-10, 09:04   Link #59
Meirin
Locked Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
I'm not sure I can see the point in redrawing everything for no reason.
ZUN seems to be very fond of doing just that, and I for one appreciate the effort he puts in. It keeps things fresh, even when some of the characters start to look a little off. I've always found the evolution of official character designs in Touhou to be very interesting.
Old 2008-06-10, 09:42   Link #60
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
ZUN seems to be very fond of doing just that, and I for one appreciate the effort he puts in. It keeps things fresh, even when some of the characters start to look a little off. I've always found the evolution of official character designs in Touhou to be very interesting.
Like Zombie Reimu