AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-10-03, 22:42   Link #21
Sailor Enlil
GWAAAA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleutheria
First episode, watched. Elicited a few smiles, no laughs, and more than a few groans at the bountiful cliches:
which you ought to expect on the first episode of at least some titles, so I'd give it a few more eps if I were you.

Quote:
Sportsgirl chara! "Oh, that was so hard-o just now!"
/me will check it out again
Quote:
Bookworm chara! (too dumb to stand on a chair or footstool for her book)
A required scene to get the main character into a "helping" situation. Realistically speaking though, odds are there was no ladder/stool immediately available for use (for safety reasons, use of a chair would be discouraged).
Quote:
Homosexual chara! Of course he's all dolled up and in a dress!
I've seen worse. Or perhaps you haven't watched shows like Ouran High School Host Club yet?

Quote:
Why can't a sports chara ever be seen reading books? Or a bookworm be good at a sport? Hmm??
It's called Stereotyping, and is what makes a story (especially in anime) more colorful. In a sense think of it as limitations of a person's chi. A bookworm would be utilizing most of his/her chi into studying, leaving little for physical activity, and conversely, a sports chara would devote most chi to physical, leaving little for brainpower. Even in the older Tokimemo games there was the bookworm and sports chara who were limited in skills to what they do (eg in TM1, the bookworm was Mio Kisaragi, who happened to be anemic, while the sports girl was Nozomi Kiyokawa, the school's star swimmer, who academic wise was almost dumb as a brick).

In the op though, there's a hint that the bookworm is also a swimmer, though there's inconsistency within the episode itself and the preview of ep 2 (the swimmer girl's eyes are different from the bookworm).

Quote:
Main characters
Girl: Perfectly flat personality (i.e. can be summed up in one sentence)
Boy: Also perfectly flat.

In fact there doesn't seem to be any round characters; no angst on the horizon either.
Again a side effect of being only the first ep, where there's only time to display the main facet of their personalities. Their hidden persona may show later on.
Even in TM1, Shiori Fujisaki (whom Sayuri, the main girl, was apparently modelled after) seemed like the perfect girl who seemed very calm and collected all the time, but the OVA revealed her more angsty side.

Or could it be you're waiting for someone like Haruhi Suzumiya to make a big splash in this series? (I'd be an idiot to have that kind of expectation for a title like this one; Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu was a unique title).

Quote:
The only redeeming feature is the piyopiyo. And some of the bouncy body parts.2/10
Of course a ridiculous mascot is very much needed comic relief (I haven't seen much of those since Da Capo's Utamaru), as well as some fanservice just for kicks.

Still, I'm wondering what's with those head accessories (eg the Nekomimi) the students are permitted to wear even to class (They look cute in the game, especially in the aerial view where all the characters are in SD mode, but in the Anime, I'm like WTF!?).

Last edited by Sailor Enlil; 2006-10-03 at 22:53.
Sailor Enlil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-06, 00:49   Link #22
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatochobit
the game is still in Beta testing right? has anyone tried it yet?
No, it went out of beta a few months back. It's pretty much you walking around and doing activities. Class is like taking multiple choice tests, clubs are like fighting card games and events are like AVG.
Old 2006-10-08, 22:35   Link #23
Cyz
"Show it to me"

A question, is it worth watching by any chance? I need an opinion pls!
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-08, 22:58   Link #24
Jerseykid

Ooh this was a good one too. So much potential the way they have it set up.
Jerseykid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-09, 00:51   Link #25
suguru
京都 ikitai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz View Post
The yellow baby chicken alone makes it worth watching for me.

I think it's always worth it to watch first episodes just to see if you like it or not, but overall it seems interesting. The character designs aren't anything remarkable, but if nothing else the school everyone goes to is very unique and there's definitely potential for some more comedy. The characters didn't get much of an introduction except for the male lead, but if this is really 26 episodes like this list shows, there'll be plenty of time for that. I'll definitely keep watching, curious where they'll take it from here.
suguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-09, 01:58   Link #26
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Hmm, I've actually played one of these games and enjoyed it. Still though, I'd rather play the game then watch a show that will likely bore me, plus I wouldn't recognize any characters since the only game I've played was the SNES version of Forever With You. I tend to think of this as the one that started the genre, but I'm sure there were Dating Sim Games before this. I think the one I got was Ayako or something, and that was the first and probably last time I played a dating sim. Good Times!
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-09, 05:09   Link #27
HyugaHinata
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleutheria View Post
First episode, watched. Elicited a few smiles, no laughs, and more than a few groans at the bountiful cliches:

Sportsgirl chara! "Oh, that was so hard-o just now!"
Bookworm chara! (too dumb to stand on a chair or footstool for her book)
Homosexual chara! Of course he's all dolled up and in a dress!

Why can't a sports chara ever be seen reading books? Or a bookworm be good at a sport? Hmm??

Main characters
Girl: Perfectly flat personality (i.e. can be summed up in one sentence)
Boy: Also perfectly flat.

In fact there doesn't seem to be any round characters; no angst on the horizon either.

The only redeeming feature is the piyopiyo. And some of the bouncy body parts.

2/10
Yeah, I was quite disappointed too. There wasn't really anything special, and the chase sequence was directly ripped from Sukisho.

Hopefully there'll be more character development in later episodes.
HyugaHinata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-09, 14:40   Link #28
martino
makes no files now

This certainly is weird. Well, at least the first episode. I hope that it will turn towards the "normal" side. Well...since it's romance I guess I'll have to learn how to bear with it in the worst case scenario. The school seems like a lot of fun to me. I wish my school was like that. And what the hell is up with that karate-chicken???

I guess I'll just have to see how this will turn out further on.
Old 2006-10-09, 20:34   Link #29
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
wow a wierd first episode it was so much damn fun to watch Aoba-Kun run like he stole something. The animation is pretty good i like how they drew the eyes and the school uniforms are pretty nice. All he girls are super Kawii i dont know her name yet but she was one in library looking at the dolphin book with purple hair shes so adorable. But as of right now my favorite charcter is the little chick man thats a angry chicken

Quote:
CYZ you would get a trip out of this chicken man hes so damn funny
Old 2006-10-09, 21:30   Link #30
Li Jianliang
This is my ____ face

Send a message via AIM to Li Jianliang Send a message via MSN to Li Jianliang Send a message via Yahoo to Li Jianliang Send a message via Skype™ to Li Jianliang
Episode 2 was completely random. Riku gets challenged to a variety of sports events due to his excellent running-away skills from the last episode, and Chickie-kun returns for more intense burning chicken action~ Okay, I guess the plot is going nowhere; the Tsukasa bit at the end of the episode had pretty much nothing to do with the twenty minutes before it. Maybe the next episode will be about Riku trying to figure out his relationship with Tsukasa, but it just might be odd school comedy-filled again. I don't mind either way, since I do need something lighthearted on my anime-watching schedule. ^_^

Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru episode 6: Dawn of the golden witch
Translations & summaries & screenshots
Part I | Part II In progress
Li Jianliang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-09, 21:46   Link #31
Rainbow6

Was that a spoiler >.<,I Haven Even watched ep 1 yet. I'm so downloading it :X

Rainbow6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-09, 22:21   Link #32
SinsI

My feelings after watching first two episodes:
Great parody on all those "love sim" computer games - all the characters are delightfully flat and one-sided, they constantly throw various games and challenges at a completly dumbfounded main hero. This is what I expected from Kujibiki Unbalance, but it failed, and this show - delivered.
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 01:30   Link #33
marcosv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Li Jianliang View Post
Episode 2 was completely random.
I don't mind either way, since I do need something lighthearted on my anime-watching schedule. ^_^
If done well, I don't mind filler episodes. It becomes another easy going series. But, I do hope they don't wait until the last 4 episodes to get serious about putting an overall plot together. Things would get so rush at the end.
marcosv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 07:05   Link #34
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Haven't watched episode 2, but I'll say this for episode 1: So far, it didn't really impress me much, but that's probably because of the few other first episodes which have (Pumpkin Scissors, Code Geass). Of course, there's the ever so hated flashbacks, but I don't find too much problem with it.

Love the chick, though. Wonder how it gets its strength. As for development...I'll wait till I've watched a few more episodes, perhaps.
Old 2006-10-10, 10:26   Link #35
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Well, watched the first ep I must say that was some first impression Typical to the past Tokimeki Memorial game/series, this one is not so different. The one girl that's so popular (Sayuri) reminds me of Shiori Fujisaki from the first Tokimeki Memorial, and the guy with all the girls' information is present too . Not that I'm complaining, it was quite good actually . Let's see...what else? Oh yeah, we have 3 girls introduced. Are we expecting to have more?

-- Btw, that was some way on greeting a transfer student. Sakurai gave him hell
Currently Watching:
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
~~~~
Old 2006-10-10, 11:50   Link #36
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
oki ep 1...
it wasnt bad at all...a special school...1 popular girl that everyone fancies...all quite common...but with that sed it isnt unwatchable
its quite interesting that this school has a school council as well that likes to play around...even tho not the same it kinda reminds me of ouran host club
really gotta love the fighting baby chink with a badass attitude XD

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 12:00   Link #37
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Ah yes that baby chick that beat up that thug Lol! that was funny especially since the chick grabbed him by the collar and threw him to the ground. Now that's something you don't want to mess around with
Currently Watching:
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
~~~~
Old 2006-10-10, 14:03   Link #38
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suguru View Post
The yellow baby chicken alone makes it worth watching for me.
Everyone should be watching this for Chick-kun.

Anyway, i really enjoyed the first episode - its pretty much everything wrapped together of what i usually watch. Gonna have to see Mina a few more times before i cam make up my mind on who's my fav'. Maybe i'll even re-watch it again later~

Loads of fun this one, and very glad its 26 episodes long.
Old 2006-10-10, 14:20   Link #39
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Hmm, there's no legendary place thingy? You know like TM 1's tree, TM 2's clock tower, or TM 3's pathway (not sure what they call about this one)?
Currently Watching:
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
~~~~
Old 2006-10-10, 20:07   Link #40
DoReMiFaSo
Samba!!

Episode 2 is hilarious. It's way more entertaining than ep1. There are lots lof LOL moments. But the plot is very choppy, things don't connect to each other.

Spoiler for ep2:

Question: In ep 2, no one is wearing head accesories any more. Why is that?

Check out this story
Current Favorites: Red Garden, Soukou no Strain, Asatte no Houkou, CODE Geass, Death Note, Irohanihoheto
DoReMiFaSo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aic, aic a.s.t.a., comedy, drama, konami, romance, school life