AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-10-10, 23:10   Link #41
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoReMiFaSo View Post
Episode 2 is hilarious. It's way more entertaining than ep1. There are lots lof LOL moments. But the plot is very choppy, things don't connect to each other.

Spoiler for ep2:
Hmm, that was sort of my impression too, but it wasn't entirely out of place at least.
Spoiler:
As for the lack of accessories in episode 2, I'm going to say that episode 1 represented "accessory day" at school or something. Really, I think it's just part of the general over-the-top/randomness of the show, which is part of what makes it funny. In the game, I assume you can equip and unequip the accessories at will.

The one thing that occurred to me watching the second episode was that Konami seems really onto something using this anime to promote the game. At first, I was thinking "what in the world would be the point in a ren'ai school-setting MMO?", but a visit to the website shows that pretty much everything they show in the anime is adapted from the game in one way or another. So it makes the game seem more interesting and exciting... at least to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz
Hmm, there's no legendary place thingy? You know like TM 1's tree, TM 2's clock tower, or TM 3's pathway (not sure what they call about this one)?
Well, I'd say the tree is still the main symbol, given its prominence in episode 1 and the OP. It seems like the main landmark, at least; what role it'll play in the plot, I'm not sure.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-11, 08:17   Link #42
SinsI

A question to those that played the game - is there a pink nekomimi and what does it do?
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-11, 08:57   Link #43
Hayamaneko
cat boy?

Send a message via AIM to Hayamaneko
....This show is so obviosly based off an MMO thats its painfull to watch.
Old 2006-10-11, 13:46   Link #44
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Episode 2's race reminds of the fable "The Turtle and The Rabbit"

Spoiler:
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig

Last edited by Cyz; 2006-10-11 at 14:10.
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-11, 19:26   Link #45
Kisuke06
I see...

Wow, ep. 1 was hilarious. So many funny moments inthis episode, it looks like that is a very nice school. And that Chick-kun is really a bad-ass.

I'm looking forward to the next episode.
Old 2006-10-11, 20:07   Link #46
Mephisto2k
anime4life

Well, it another great eroge adaptation and very funny. But I wonder how they are going to keep it up.
Mephisto2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-11, 21:42   Link #47
DrewGSR

LOL that was pretty random and entertaining first episode. Think ill keep watching and see how it turns out.
DrewGSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-12, 15:51   Link #48
Sailor Enlil
GWAAAA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephisto2k View Post
Well, it another great eroge adaptation and very funny. But I wonder how they are going to keep it up.
Um, Konami's Tokimeki Memorial games were never eroge (they've always had the "renai" classification). I wonder why some people make the mistake of that?
Old 2006-10-12, 21:45   Link #49
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Enlil View Post
I wonder why some people make the mistake of that?
Probably 'cause these days you get eroge game to anime pretty much all the time. :3
Old 2006-10-12, 23:18   Link #50
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb Send a message via Skype™ to aliensporebomb
It's amusing but I almost hope the chicken ends up getting the girls e-mail
address or a phone number, I get the feeling the chicken is the only one with
a real chance!
Old 2006-10-13, 23:51   Link #51
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
wonder whats the chances of seeing our tokimemo icon, shiori fujisaki, making a cameo (even in the background) sonewhere in this series

禁則事項です
Mecha_Trueno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-14, 04:45   Link #52
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliensporebomb View Post
It's amusing but I almost hope the chicken ends up getting the girls e-mail
address or a phone number, I get the feeling the chicken is the only one with
a real chance!
lol i agree that the little chick deserves the spotlight

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-17, 00:08   Link #53
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Liked the third episode very much. Liked Yaoi Mina very much as well since she likes rain too for exactly the same reason I do! Plus, sipping tea during rain while be able to sit at a nearby window is simply just an amazing feeling. Here is a screen capture of Mina-chan from episode 3.

I really like the character design in this series.
Old 2006-10-17, 14:53   Link #54
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Well...
Spoiler:

And next episode would be.....Mina. If this was a game (is it a game or just an anime?), I wonder if there would be a consolation girl or those hidden girls out there
Currently Watching:
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
~~~~
Old 2006-10-19, 02:21   Link #55
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz View Post
And next episode would be.....Mina. If this was a game (is it a game or just an anime?), I wonder if there would be a consolation girl or those hidden girls out there
Well, as was mentioned earlier, it is based on a game - Tokimeki Memorial Online - and on their website you can see that the three featured in the anime are the three girl NPC Love-Interest Characters (keep in mind that there's a "for girls" and "for boys" edition of the game, so there are also the two guy love interests on there). Because it's an MMO, though, I'm not sure how many hidden paths there'd be; I'm assuming the game's primary focus would be to get you to interact with other players in the game.

This may be a weird thing to say, but somehow this anime is almost nostalgic in its characters and plot - probably precisely because it's Tokimeki Memorial, one of the oldest franchises around. The stereotypes portrayed by the three main girls are so "old-school" in that way: the sporty girl, the quiet/artsy girl, and the unapproachable beauty. And the way they do the school theme: emphasis on campus life, classes, clubs, events, and so on... And the way they're advancing the plot: encountering characters through day-to-day school life, getting to know them through various occurrances, etc... I guess someone could say that makes the show "cliche-ridden" and "unoriginal", but they're bringing it forward in a way that seems new and fresh in its own way. So, it's sort of a weird feeling - it's "old-school", but doesn't feel outdated even today, and it really does feel somewhat nostalgic to me.

And I agree with you, monir - Mina Yayoi is my favourite type of character (in the old archetypes), so I'm looking forward to the next episode! Though, I liked the way they portrayed Tsukasa too in episode 3 - quite the hard worker. Good stuff!
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-19, 08:56   Link #56
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
This may be a weird thing to say, but somehow this anime is almost nostalgic in its characters and plot - probably precisely because it's Tokimeki Memorial, one of the oldest franchises around. The stereotypes portrayed by the three main girls are so "old-school" in that way: the sporty girl, the quiet/artsy girl, and the unapproachable beauty. And the way they do the school theme: emphasis on campus life, classes, clubs, events, and so on... And the way they're advancing the plot: encountering characters through day-to-day school life, getting to know them through various occurrances, etc... I guess someone could say that makes the show "cliche-ridden" and "unoriginal", but they're bringing it forward in a way that seems new and fresh in its own way. So, it's sort of a weird feeling - it's "old-school", but doesn't feel outdated even today, and it really does feel somewhat nostalgic to me.
And yet here we are watching this "old-school" style of relationship. And just like you said, it's typical for the Tokimeki Memorial franchise to have many girls with different categories. Fans of the series and the game should not be surprise about that no?
Currently Watching:
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
~~~~

Last edited by Cyz; 2006-10-19 at 09:27. Reason: Color change :)
Old 2006-10-21, 01:06   Link #57
DrewGSR

LMAO ep 2 was freaking hilarious. This anime is awsome, so random that it cracks me up. Each of the 3 "Big Sportsman" encounters was a funny as hell and had we on the ground. First out the Track & Field guy was great with his flowery running uniform haha and losing because got all distracted easily. Then swim team captian getting all embarrassed. LOL the baseball captain part was funny when he just beaned him on the head with the ball and getting mixed up with Sakurai & co.
Tsukasa's confession was pretty funny. Hilarious when all the other guys get jealous of him and start hating.

Of course Hiyoko is awsome!!
DrewGSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-21, 01:22   Link #58
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Liked the third episode very much. Liked Yaoi Mina very much as well since she likes rain too for exactly the same reason I do! Plus, sipping tea during rain while be able to sit at a nearby window is simply just an amazing feeling. Here is a screen capture of Mina-chan from episode 3.

I really like the character design in this series.
Mina ... is so pretty (nice screen capture there). My gut says she's not the finisher but I'll wave a flag for her anyway. Yeah, this "old school" historical romp is kind of nice. ... Going into my queue for good quality second tier stuff for now...
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-21, 08:07   Link #59
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
at last ep 2
wow im really enjoying this...the story is funny and all the charas seems so lovable XD
never mess with the pan girl...shes scary when she angry...
the way the 3 captains got defeated was funny as well...aoba soo lucky and hes already found a girl chasing after him at the end i bet all the guys want to murder the new kid now lol...
must comment on the OP and ED music...they are sticking to my head and i cnt stop humming the tune

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-21, 09:46   Link #60
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Episode 2:

Hiyoko!!! He sure is taking humor up a notch for Tokimeki. It really does seem that the viewers need to throw away the basic concepts of school life for this one. Everything seems so weird...which is of course, not necessarily a bad thing here.

Tsukasa's confession does come off as strange, but I guess that's part of what the show's good for and her belief in 'fate', something unexplainable by normal means.

All is well...Seems like I'll be catching Tokimeki this time round. It's fast becoming one of my favorites especially for a show of its genre.

Tags
aic, aic a.s.t.a., comedy, drama, konami, romance, school life