AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Kimi ga Nozomu Eien

Notices

Old 2006-12-13, 11:14   Link #121
animefanrk2k

Send a message via AIM to animefanrk2k Send a message via MSN to animefanrk2k
I almost cried watching the original ending, me being a Haruka fan myself.

Hell fire discussions, eh? It's a good thing I'm fireproof. =D
Old 2006-12-13, 13:06   Link #122
martino
makes no files now

You almost cried... lol

I cried nearly on every single episode...jeez, I really loved KGnE after watching it...
Old 2006-12-13, 13:22   Link #123
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOZZY View Post
*sigh*

I still don't get why they are doing a remake of KGNE with a different route, why couldn't they just animate MuvLuv instead?
*sigh* they should make both imo

after watching KGNE a few months ago i was really disappointed to see that muvluv was only available in game form i wanted all the gory stuff to be shown as an anime!

that way i can cry all over again ~

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-13, 14:05   Link #124
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

That just goes to show you that us Haruka fans hold enough power warrant a remake! Bwahahaha! Glory to Haruka
npal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-13, 14:30   Link #125
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by npal View Post
That just goes to show you that us Haruka fans hold enough power warrant a remake! Bwahahaha! Glory to Haruka
Luckily they aren't listening to the larger, more powerful group, if they were it'd be a retelling using Akane's path. But alas, that's why Akane Maniax was made in the first place :P
Old 2006-12-13, 14:40   Link #126
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Yes and you got to admit the creaters did make Mitsuki a very dislikable character and make us sympathise with Haruka, so obviously there was going to be more Haruka fans out there. I believe for the impact the story had on all of us, the writer intentionally made us love one better than the other, that is to create sympathy and makes us feel sad when the person we sympathise with don't get the guy..
holyman282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-13, 15:12   Link #127
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post
Yes and you got to admit the creaters did make Mitsuki a very dislikable character and make us sympathise with Haruka, so obviously there was going to be more Haruka fans out there. I believe for the impact the story had on all of us, the writer intentionally made us love one better than the other, that is to create sympathy and makes us feel sad when the person we sympathise with don't get the guy..
Actually, if memory serves me correctly...in Japan the breakdown was Akane, Mitsuki, Haruka. And from my gatherings across the interwebs, Haruka still plays second fiddle to Mitsuki overall.

Besides, age didn't make Mitsuki dislikable, the player did :P What happened was simple, Mitsuki had 2 choices, but this is all discussed in depth and detail in the other thread on this subject.
Old 2006-12-27, 19:00   Link #128
HeeroX

I think that it's a new pic.

HeeroX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-28, 02:56   Link #129
holyman282

omg nice it looks like they are slowly releasing new info on the Haruka route which kind of confirms it i guess.

By the looks of the picture there it seems that the remake will be a OVA which is quite dissapointing as i was hoping for a fully made TV series, but hey any Haruka is better than no Haruka so good for them!
Old 2006-12-28, 18:53   Link #130
martino
makes no files now

Having a full blown TV series would be kinda repetitive in a way though...
Old 2006-12-28, 19:07   Link #131
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
yep having a full 12 ep would be kinda too much...anyone care to think up a story if haruka had not been hit by that car? very limited resources to draw upon if you ask me >.<

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-29, 04:13   Link #132
holyman282

Judging by the fact that it is a OVA i predict that it will be based on the premise that Haruka indeed does not get hit by a car and Taky and Haruka lives happily ever after. All that can be fit into a OVA, i just hope they work on the development of the emotions as well as they did the KGNE tv series.
Old 2006-12-29, 10:22   Link #133
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
yep having a full 12 ep would be kinda too much...anyone care to think up a story if haruka had not been hit by that car? very limited resources to draw upon if you ask me >.<
They made a whole game based upon that background, so if you ask me, they have plenty of resources to work from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post
Judging by the fact that it is a OVA i predict that it will be based on the premise that Haruka indeed does not get hit by a car and Taky and Haruka lives happily ever after. All that can be fit into a OVA, i just hope they work on the development of the emotions as well as they did the KGNE tv series.
They might pull from the Haruka route in the original game, which means the accident still occurs, just events play out differently. Just because this is known as the "Haruka route" doesn't positively mean that they will follow the best path.
Old 2006-12-29, 11:25   Link #134
Codine

In my opinion the accident makes what KGNE what it is. Without the tragedy there wouldn't be so much emotion from the characters.
Codine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-22, 00:58   Link #135
faust123
I Beat Cherry Blossom

This makes absolutely zero sense to me. The original was perfect -- Haruka grew into a way stronger person (than if she had stayed with takayuki), and mitsuki+takayuki made each other a better person in the end after realizing how much they meant to eachother.

I don't know how they can make a Haruka+Takayuki ending that is satisfying, seeing as Haruka needed takayuki MUCH LESS (and vice versa) than mitsuki needed takayuki (and vice versa).

If mitsuki ends up with shinji i will lose it.
faust123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-22, 01:20   Link #136
holyman282

Quote:
Originally Posted by faust123 View Post
This makes absolutely zero sense to me. The original was perfect -- Haruka grew into a way stronger person (than if she had stayed with takayuki), and mitsuki+takayuki made each other a better person in the end after realizing how much they meant to eachother.

I don't know how they can make a Haruka+Takayuki ending that is satisfying, seeing as Haruka needed takayuki MUCH LESS (and vice versa) than mitsuki needed takayuki (and vice versa).

If mitsuki ends up with shinji i will lose it.
well this is a ova have you considered that in the original KGNE. You felt the ending was good because the writer did it that way...

Who isn't to say that in the KGNE ova that the writer will change the roles, or write the story in a position in which you would feel that Haruka is the more needy one..... This is a story so just because in the original you felt Mitsuki was good for taky, maybe in the new one you'll feel that Haruka is meant for him... It's all up to how the writers does the show..
Old 2007-01-22, 02:34   Link #137
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Don't forget the simple fact that KimiNozo is derrived from a multi-path eroge.
Old 2007-01-22, 16:13   Link #138
Perishthethought

It's interesting that the anime omits much of the 'original' courtship of Haruka and Takayuki compared to the game - for example, how she intrudes upon every single one of Shinji, Mitsuki and Takayuki's 'playdates' (the karaoke - even though she can't sing in Takayuki's presence, the festival - even though she's frightening of loud fireworks etc.) and that the whole book reaching incident occurs quite randomly one day. In addition, although Haruka is depicted as shy with Takayuki, her first real words to him are a love confession in the anime. In the game, there is an absolute mass of uncomfortable silence, stitled 'conversation' and quite frankly PAINFUL reservedness to trudge through. Speak up girl!

In fact, if anything, the game serves to highlight how much more of a 'natural' pairing Mitsuki and Takayuki are in terms of conversation, although through Takayuki's narration in the game you realise just how much of a different set of standards he applies to his relationship with Haruka instead. It's a very, very interesting juxtaposition and you begin to realise through the game just how much Haruka had her heart set on him.

HOWEVER! That's the game, NOT the anime and proponents of the 'game as a completion of the story' neglect to mention the quite considerable and ultimately fundamental differences in how the stories are told. Certain things are completely different, quite apart from how the game takes certain things from 'certain paths'. In that respect, I think the anime works on a much more rational footing for the ending it lead to compared to the game. Changes HAD to be made, and they were made for all the right reasons. Expect to see similar differences with the Haruka route. In fact, I don't care from which 'timeline' they draw their inspiration, I have faith that the story will be as believable and as compelling as the original series.

Last edited by Perishthethought; 2007-01-22 at 16:27. Reason: Just some additional text.
Perishthethought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-22, 23:26   Link #139
rarukyu
umeboshi

daang...what a series.....honestly this left me with such an impact.....every dang episode had made me feel like crying. the end, i liked. seeing the two mit and tak and tak finaly let free and all. i got really scared of when shin and mit were...yup. anyways such an amazing series with so much drama that it again left a real impact on me....
rarukyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-23, 00:11   Link #140
holyman282

Quote:
Originally Posted by rarukyu View Post
daang...what a series.....honestly this left me with such an impact.....every dang episode had made me feel like crying. the end, i liked. seeing the two mit and tak and tak finaly let free and all. i got really scared of when shin and mit were...yup. anyways such an amazing series with so much drama that it again left a real impact on me....
Thank god for the OVA.... Go Taky and Haruka!!

Tags
âge, brains base, drama, ova, romance, seinen