AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2006-08-30, 14:58   Link #81
monster
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Regarding the difference between GS Kira and GSD Kira, remember that most of Kira's fight in GSD was one on one. With the original SEED trio, they would interfere with Kira's battle every so often. While in Destiny, Kira was able to isolate each individual he fought, and he kind of used a hit-and-run tactics with them.

And another thing is that his mobile suit is better designed to engage multiple targets at once than most other mobile suits in the gundam series. So the fact that other people (namely Shinn if we just take a look at GSD) could achieve comparable result with mostly just one rifle/sword shows that Kira himself is not really overpowered, relatively speaking.
monster is offline  
Old 2006-08-30, 15:17   Link #82
tritoch
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Chi-town
Blame the choreographers for using stock footage, for all we know, Freedom might be scratched here and there and was never shown cause of stock footage. Infact, why don't we blame the choreographers for making the battles half assedly.

If the show didn't suffer from the production issues, GSD would have had great battles, less stock footage and better execution. Plot wise, it's a good show.
__________________
All time Fave list:Honey and Clover; Saiunkoku Monogatari; Kodomo no Omocha; Air/Kanon; Infinite Ryvius; Bartender; Nana; Char's Counter Attack; Shadow Skill TV
tritoch is offline  
Old 2006-08-30, 15:22   Link #83
SNT1
r0x0rz j00r b0x0rz
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by tritoch
Plot wise, it's a good show.
w h a t

well, at least its enjoyable...
SNT1 is offline  
Old 2006-08-30, 15:22   Link #84
shaolo
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
I forget who said this in this thead but imo it is more of the persentation of GS and GSD that makes Kira overpowerful than the other main characters in the other series.
shaolo is offline  
Old 2006-08-30, 17:21   Link #85
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last_Hope
And people complain about Kira´s skills in Destiny when it´s gone two years since he piloted his Gundam. Then what about Amuro in Zeta?
But Amuro didn't just suddenly pwnzor everything in his path the moment he hopped in a mobile suit and launched...he even said his first hit (at Hickory) was luck.

As for the whole is Kira overpowered thing, I don't think he is. It's just that, as has been said, everything Kira goes up against is underpowered. Grunts don't use their shields, they don't move let alone dodge, and their accuracy plummets. And let's not forget the ever-famous two-line Rey-pwner speech.
__________________
Shinji103 is offline  
Old 2006-08-30, 17:51   Link #86
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Neu Herzogtum Zeon
There was not a single fair fight in Destiny, none. Every major defeat in Destiny occured when there was a significant psychological backdrop, imparing speeches, magic and... well... FATkuda...

- Tak
Tak is offline  
Old 2006-08-30, 21:49   Link #87
Whitesparkles
Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
i honestly dunt think Kira is THAT over powered..i mean arent all Gundam pilots in every serie the same thing..look at Heero from Gundam Wing, compared to Kira, he's like a GOD!! there were battles that Kira had lost therefore..he's not all that "powerful"
Whitesparkles is offline  
Old 2006-08-31, 04:32   Link #88
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesparkles
i honestly dunt think Kira is THAT over powered..i mean arent all Gundam pilots in every serie the same thing..look at Heero from Gundam Wing, compared to Kira, he's like a GOD!! there were battles that Kira had lost therefore..he's not all that "powerful"
Yes and in general most people consider Wing a pretty poor series too and sorry to say but Heero has lost more fights then Kira has and also didn't come out of most 100% unscathed.
Sety is offline  
Old 2006-08-31, 04:43   Link #89
tritoch
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Chi-town
Yeah but wing had less stock footage than GSD.
__________________
All time Fave list:Honey and Clover; Saiunkoku Monogatari; Kodomo no Omocha; Air/Kanon; Infinite Ryvius; Bartender; Nana; Char's Counter Attack; Shadow Skill TV
tritoch is offline  
Old 2006-08-31, 08:30   Link #90
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Neu Herzogtum Zeon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sety
Yes and in general most people consider Wing a pretty poor series too and sorry to say but Heero has lost more fights then Kira has and also didn't come out of most 100% unscathed.
Eh? Poor series according to whom? Who is 'most people'? As far as I am concerned, Wing was undeniably a very popular GUNDAM series. Personally, I did not like it, but at its height, it was awfully well-known, and the Wing Zero/Custom... etc. was selling like burgers until... *drum roll*... FREEDOM (MUWHAHAHAHAHAHA) !

- Tak
Tak is offline  
Old 2006-08-31, 09:03   Link #91
dom33
Pat:TAISAAAAA!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
@tritoch power rangers has less stock footage than gsd.

@tak popularity and quality don't mix examples are dbz, pokemon, sailor moon and lacus clyne.
__________________
d33:"the only ones allowed to bash should be those who are prepared to be bashed!"
Onizuka-GTO:yeah, great post WD, but also puzzled. if it's a race you see, okay then. but at the moment it's a one man race, with Suzuku doing timed laps against his personal best....
WhiteWings:To this day I don't know what the insanity behind the decision to release the first GSD ending. My God that was without a doubt the worst ending I had ever seen in my life in a anime series.
Blizzer: He already has special powers called super pheromone powers which makes him irresistable to Sekirei's in heat.
dom33 is offline  
Old 2006-08-31, 09:14   Link #92
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Neu Herzogtum Zeon
DRAGONBALL? You are using Dragonball as an example? Oh boy, that'd be the most offensive thing to say to the kids (myself included) who, more than a decade ago in middle-school, waited eagerly for the next issue of Dragonball to be released. Dragonball, the medium where we can find just a temporary escape from reality.

You have no idea what Dragonball done for us then... man. Its either that, or Doraemon.

Speaking of Gundam Wing? Obviously someone had to like it to make it popular. Once again, I never liked the series, but I can attest to its popularity. People simply went nuts over Wing I don't know why, but Wing kits enjoyed brisk sales...

- Tak (That, and I like Lacus' character. Therefore I cannot agree with your opinion)
Tak is offline  
Old 2006-08-31, 09:18   Link #93
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by dom33
@tritoch power rangers has less stock footage than gsd.

@tak popularity and quality don't mix examples are dbz, pokemon, sailor moon and lacus clyne.
Now, now... There is no point putting Lacus in the list.

Perfect people appear in anime all the time. The only reason it seemed Lacus was the only one, is because such characters are either

1. Absent from the story most of the time by being busy elsewhere or incapacitated in a hospital bed.

2. Dead and seen only in flashback.

3. Dead soon after appearing.

or

4. Somehow had their hands tied and can do thing to help anyone.

The fact that Lacus is none of these, is the reason why she seemed too cheap. An example I can give is Yui Ikari of Evangelion; she is practically as saint-like as Lacus, and nearly as influential to her anime plot. But her lack of obvious screen-time made it less clear that she was too perfect.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline  
Old 2006-08-31, 10:15   Link #94
4Tran
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by dom33
@tak popularity and quality don't mix examples are dbz, pokemon, sailor moon and lacus clyne.
Going by that logic, the Gundam franchise is one of the most popular ones in anime; does that mean that it automatically one of the lowest quality ones as well? How about Ghibli movies? Does their popularity mean that they’re also of poor quality? Most rational people wouldn’t argue that popularity is equivalent to quality, but it takes a special kind of fool to argue the inverse.
__________________
The victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won...
4Tran is offline  
Old 2006-08-31, 10:49   Link #95
grandmaster192
Zechs, pilot of Tallgeese
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesparkles
..look at Heero from Gundam Wing, compared to Kira, he's like a GOD!! there were battles that Kira had lost therefore..he's not all that "powerful"
You gotta be kidding me....Heero freakin yue??? Kira would kick his ass. Heero's piloting skill are more Athrun level.....
grandmaster192 is offline  
Old 2006-08-31, 11:14   Link #96
tritoch
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Chi-town
Uso would kick Kira's ass. =p but that's another thread.
__________________
All time Fave list:Honey and Clover; Saiunkoku Monogatari; Kodomo no Omocha; Air/Kanon; Infinite Ryvius; Bartender; Nana; Char's Counter Attack; Shadow Skill TV
tritoch is offline  
Old 2006-08-31, 12:34   Link #97
Last_Hope
System/Web developer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103
But Amuro didn't just suddenly pwnzor everything in his path the moment he hopped in a mobile suit and launched...he even said his first hit (at Hickory) was luck.

As for the whole is Kira overpowered thing, I don't think he is. It's just that, as has been said, everything Kira goes up against is underpowered. Grunts don't use their shields, they don't move let alone dodge, and their accuracy plummets. And let's not forget the ever-famous two-line Rey-pwner speech.

True. But then again the first thing Amuro did was to just suddenly pwnzor a mobile suit with an airplane. An awesome move by the way.

I´m just trying to prove that SEED and Destiny is holding true to (mostly) Gundam ideals. And people probably could see that if they weren´t so conservative regarding Gundam.

As for your last piece. I agree. And that is something that always happen. Kira, Shinn, Athrun. All of them has gotten a pretty nice share of static targets to shot at. That´s how it is.

If you think about it. In all of Gundam I´ve seen. The best fights are the ones taking place in small scale battles. Or when they just focus on a few pilots in a larger battle. It´s when the number of fighters get high that the fights get a little lazy.

Nice to see a post from you again Shinji103. Was some time since I last saw one of your posts. Even if I don´t agree I appreciate reading them.
__________________

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Last_Hope is offline  
Old 2006-08-31, 16:06   Link #98
Whitesparkles
Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sety
Yes and in general most people consider Wing a pretty poor series too and sorry to say but Heero has lost more fights then Kira has and also didn't come out of most 100% unscathed.

NOOO ur wrong...GUNDAM WING was in fact a VERY popular serie....dats when all the gundam craze actually started....and i believe Heero can beat Kira..even though i like noth
Whitesparkles is offline  
Old 2006-08-31, 16:12   Link #99
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Hand to hand? Certainly. If he can take exploding gundams to the back + ten meter falls and be only lightly wounded, Kira's girlish arms aren't going to make much damage, I don't care how Ultimate he is.

Gundam to gundam? Well, it depends a lot on how their respective handwavium technologies works.
Anh_Minh is offline  
Old 2006-08-31, 16:13   Link #100
tritoch
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Chi-town
haha

SPaM vs SPaM..

so cheesy.
__________________
All time Fave list:Honey and Clover; Saiunkoku Monogatari; Kodomo no Omocha; Air/Kanon; Infinite Ryvius; Bartender; Nana; Char's Counter Attack; Shadow Skill TV
tritoch is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:11.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.