AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2006-09-13, 10:15   Link #61
Novarain

If the EDs are anything to be trusted, just look at the episode which features the 11th squad... lol you'll see Ikkaku and Yumichika running from Yachiru carrying Aramaki and throwing him at them... yeah i think Yachiru is really stronger...

Yeah right...
Novarain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-19, 12:10   Link #62
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
I just think of that Yachiru is even older than Rukia
Ikkaku remembers Urahara and that means that Zaraki took over over 100 years ago, but u still can disagree
Old 2006-09-19, 12:30   Link #63
Electroguy
An Undisclosed Liability

Well we've seen the circumstances under which Yachiru met Kenpachi and I can only guess that he's been training her. As she was found as a child in the village we can only assume that she is in fact a child and not an adult under the guise of a child although if they ever develop her character they could add a twist that situation.

People do seem to be scared of her but is it because of her actual power or is because Kenpachi is her buddy.

She's never seen battle & I dont think we've seen her wield a zanpaktou so as to her strength or ability we'll have to wait and see.

As to Hitsuguya I think his geniusness is meant to come from his ability to stratagise and analyse as well as his young age and strength.

Someone was comparing his growth alongside that of the main characters and while I agree he as well as nearly all the captains are weak compared to the Bleach crew It doesnt make him any less of a genius in an intellectual capactiy.
Old 2006-09-19, 12:30   Link #64
Electroguy
An Undisclosed Liability

Eek - Double Post my apologies.
Old 2006-09-19, 13:38   Link #65
hdx514
馬甲

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electroguy
As to Hitsuguya I think his geniusness is meant to come from his ability to stratagise and analyse as well as his young age and strength.
he's had his fair share of battles, yet when has he shown genius strategy or analysis? i've only seen a lot of big words, impulsive actions and pawning. in the more recent manga, he even managed to demonstrate absurdly bad analytical skills. and yeah, you can forget about grandpa hitsugaya's "young age"
Old 2006-09-19, 13:56   Link #66
Sazelyt
F i n

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdx514
and yeah, you can forget about grandpa hitsugaya's "young age"
Guess that makes yachiru a grand-grandma...
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-19, 22:04   Link #67
hdx514
馬甲

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt
Guess that makes yachiru a grand-grandma...
that would be the case if you can prove that she's really older than hitsugaya, evidence and not NoSanninWa's double standard like "hitsugaya looks younger than momo so he is younger, while yachiru looks younger cause she's the on-off case so she's very old". otherwise, she'll just be a grandma for the time being.
Old 2006-09-20, 00:03   Link #68
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

I don't think that Hitsugaya is younger because he looks it. I think he's younger than Momo because she took care of him as if he really was a little kid.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-20, 00:26   Link #69
hdx514
馬甲

and ranjiku is flashing her boobs as if she really is in her twenties, and people are buying it too. could say the same thing about yachiru's fooling around. what kind of a grandma is that? how often do you see shinigamis acting and interacting according to their real age and not their looks?
Old 2006-09-20, 00:45   Link #70
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

That makes a good case for mental age influencing a shinigami's aging process.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-09-20, 05:05   Link #71
kagato3

It seems to me that most of the people seem to be ageing at the same rate with those we can can compare them to. Gin and Matsumoto seemed to be about the same age when they met and still seem to be the same age. Kenpachi and Yachiru both seem to have aged about 10 years since they met, and Rukia, Renji, Momo, and Kira all seem to be staying in the same age group ageing about 1 year for every 10. Even Hitsuguya may be ageing at the same rate as Rukia and her group though it is harder to be sure since he has been passing through ages where there is rapid growth.

Some of our big problems in this is we are limited because we don't have good refernces on a lot of things. First we don't know when kenpachi's rebelion was it could have been over 100 years ago it could have been only 50 years ago. Second we don't know when yachiru became VC, did she become it when Ken took over, did she get bored one day, follow Ken to work and claim the VC spot for her own after kicking the snot out of who ever use to hold it?( you know I can imagine this happening) Then there is the fact we have very little information about the ages of any one from ss, for example we know for a fact that Yachiru has been in SS since she was baby and Rukia came in when she was very young too and is currently about 160, but we know nothing of the others. Hitsuguya could have just been a newcomer to SS when momo first entered school or he could have been around SS for decades before she was. Toss in to this that souls maybe born in SS you can end up with the 10 year old that is older the old man that is watching him.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-26, 20:55   Link #72
Ulquoirra

Ummm...are u guys forgetting that neither kenpachi nor yachiru had to take the exams to become captain/vice captain? Kenpachi basically bullied people into make yachiru vc...did u guys even read the manga? Kenpachi killed a bunch of people, yachiru walks up(no name at time), kenpachi names her yachiru(THE ONLY PERSON KENPACHI HAS EVER ADMIRED?!?!?) and they were inseperable. Even ikkaku at one point comments on how he was second strongest in 11th company and he should be vc.

Also if ur really intent on how approx. old Yachiru is: Ikkaku lost to kenpachi and joined ss after Kenpachi became cp. Ikkaku was the one who trained renji how to fight. Renji joined w/ rukia. Rukia makes a comment about "in the *blank* years i've been adopted, he(byakuya) has never looked at me. we can guess that the adoption was relatively close to her joining time. Now we can guess at how mcuh time has taken place. Yachiru>time in *blank*. but no hints as to how long from the period from yachiru joining to renji + rukia joining is. But we can assume it was a while, as not many people know or acknowledge the previous captain. So therefore, we now know that yachiru was alive long before rukia and renji joined ss. exactly wat it was? your going to have to look bak and fill in the blank.

Im not entirely sure that made sense.
Ulquoirra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-27, 12:50   Link #73
kagato3

Yes we have been reading the manga. Some of what you have said is slieghtly incorrect. First nowhere is it stated that Kenpachi bullied people into make Yachiru vc, he could have or she could have won the spot for herself. Second in all the translations I have read Ikkaku said to be the second strongest man in 11th company, since Yachiru is not a man this tells us nothing about if she is stronger then him or not.
Old 2006-09-27, 13:10   Link #74
Chichi

I'm inclined to believe that inaccuracies are to be accepted and overlooked when it comes to the details of Bleach. Nonetheless, such discussions are indeed interesting.
Chichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-27, 13:24   Link #75
Kikaifan
Blazing General

Of course, the people who really want to believe Yachiru is a badass could carve out a theory that the more spiritual strength they have, the slower they age.
Old 2006-09-27, 15:19   Link #76
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikaifan
Of course, the people who really want to believe Yachiru is a badass could carve out a theory that the more spiritual strength they have, the slower they age.
if thats the case she would have almost as much as kenpachi himself since they seem to be ageing at the same rate, ie both seem to have aged about 10 years since they met.

She is at the very least VC level in power as everyone is shocked how fast she is, she has enuff power to scare a noname mesanger stiff, and is able get to the top of a building that is at least 10 stories carrying Kenpachi in 3 triangle jumps.
Old 2006-09-29, 10:30   Link #77
ats120

i want to know how strong yachiru ACTUALLY is, as they have never really showed how strong she is.
ats120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-22, 10:48   Link #78
shimplicity

yachiru is probably the second strongest person in that division.. that's because she trained with zaraki of course which is why she's the VC.. i'm sure it's just coincidence how some of the VC seem to be people whom the Captain is likely to have select..

so yachiru a genius? hmm.. never really could tell.. a baby playing with blood doesn't really make her a genius.. just morbid.
shimplicity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-25, 12:16   Link #79
Searcher
RRR/Kotori/Tessa Servant

What do you people consider what genius means?
To me, it means how to use their brains, not power.

So far, in the anime, no one has used their brains. Only their power!
First they talk , grunt and then use their power.
2006-09-13, 02:28
The Searcher became a Legend!111 - (to)Arimfe

Quote from the Legendary!111 Searcher
"My heart is big enough for all the girls that lost"
Searcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-25, 16:37   Link #80
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Actually the word in question is "tensai" which is usually translated as genius. It really just means someone with tremendous aptitude. It doesn't mean brainpower, although it is usually assumed that a tensai must be smart in order to have so much talent. We see this word used in so many different anime that we just take its meaning for granted after a while.

In Bleach, Hitsugaya is referred to as a genius shinigami. When Hitsugaya was called a genius, he was really being called tensai, meaning that he has tremendous aptitude as a shinigami. It doesn't really mean that he's really smart although it is implied that he's not stupid.

Tensai can be applied to virutally any field of endevor. A genius at schoolwork, a genius soccer player, a genius fighter, a genius engineer. Get used to the word because you'll see it in so many shows that it gets cliche. Sometimes it has to do with being really smart, but don't be shocked if someone is called a genius for his weightlifting ability.