AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-11-01, 22:02   Link #101
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
About that,

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-02, 01:20   Link #102
Nvis
Grumpy Senior

So ep5 is out and fansubs at ep 2?
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-02, 01:34   Link #103
KenOhki'sRage
Primula hates you

Yes episode 5 is great. Much better then 4.

Spoiler:

4 out of 5 stars
KenOhki'sRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-02, 09:31   Link #104
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Either Tomohiro is completely oblivious to all the girls' feelings or he's just plain shy. Or maybe he's thinking of the thought "it's bad because I'm their manager and their idols" kinda thing.
Currently Watching:
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
~~~~
Old 2006-11-03, 17:59   Link #105
KenOhki'sRage
Primula hates you

Question for anyone who's played the game or somehow knows the story. Is Ruri a winable character and is she Tomihiro's sister? Incest is usually frowned on but she's cute, I'd excuse him

Just curious if she's going to be brought up as a potential love interest or not. From episode 1 I'm guessing she likes him.
Old 2006-11-03, 20:29   Link #106
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenOhki'sRage View Post
Question for anyone who's played the game or somehow knows the story. Is Ruri a winable character and is she Tomihiro's sister? Incest is usually frowned on but she's cute, I'd excuse him
Well, the history is that it's based on a series of illustrated short stories that eventually spawned a PS2 (non-ero) game by Princess Soft, and now, an anime. The game only had the 12 characters from the first two "generations" of idols, so Ruri wasn't in it. She was added as part of Navel's "New Lyrics" continuation of the story (along with the rest of the current "third generation" cast), so there isn't really much source material to go from (they're only at about the 7th "New Lyrics" story in Magical Cute magazine so far, and they're all separate character stories, not part of a "running plot"). So, basically, there is no source material to say how the anime will go.

All that being said, I'd agree with your observation: if this were a game, Ruri would be "winnable". Her goal is to be Tomohiro's partner, and I don't think that's limited to "strictly business". That being said, I'd also say there's a pretty good chance she's not related; it might also explain some of the "bad blood" with Tomohiro's older sister (with the other half being jealousy?). In any case, your guess is probably as good as mine in terms of whether she'll end up being a real love interest in the show, but I don't know of anything that'd preclude it either.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-06, 15:37   Link #107
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz View Post
Either Tomohiro is completely oblivious to all the girls' feelings or he's just plain shy. Or maybe he's thinking of the thought "it's bad because I'm their manager and their idols" kinda thing.
He's the manager, and obviously you can't do such things as that. It's taboo ^_^.

ps: I'm gonna color all of my text with color like you do Cyz ^_^.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-06, 17:29   Link #108
relentlessflame

*Administrator

So...
Spoiler for Episode 6:
Old 2006-11-06, 20:28   Link #109
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenOhki'sRage View Post
Just started watching this, didn't realize it was by the creators of Shuffle! which ended terribly. Hopefully this one works better. Very cute very moe show which I adore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
The first channel to air it is on Tuesdays at 1:30am (Japanese time, of course), and episode 4 aired last week. It's not really by the creators of Shuffle per se (it premiered as a short story series in Magical Cute Magazine, and the game was by Princess-Soft), but Navel sort of took over the project now thanks to personnel (most notably the character designer).
I can't find any evidence of Navel's involvement in this project at any level. And I've tried. I couldn't find them in the anime's credits (through Episode 2. I'm downloading Episode 6 now to see if anything has changed). Neither Anime News Network or AnimeNfo credit Navel for anything.

Aoi Nishimata was the original character designer, and I've seen evidence that she owns a piece of the characters, but I don't think she did this work on behalf of Navel. I believe she did it on behalf of Princess Soft. She's done work for them before (Final Approach, W-Wish), and I don't believe Navel had anything to do with those projects either. Again, she was the original character designer, but ANN credits Kumi Horii and Madoka Hirayama as the anime's character designers.

Navel makes games, and I don't think game companies have a whole lot to do with the actual production of animated adaptations. They authored the work being adapted. They own the property itself. From what I understand, they're sometimes called in for consulting purposes. I don't think they bear much responsibility for the final product, in much the same way the author of a book doesn't bear much responsibility for a film adaptation of his or her work.

That being said, I don't think Navel had anything to do with the game Lovedol ~Lovely Idol. I honestly don't think they have anything to do with the anime either. You may know better. When you say they sort of took over the project, what do you mean? What responsibilities have they taken over?
Old 2006-11-06, 22:56   Link #110
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
Originally Posted by martino View Post
OK, now that is just kinda scary...for a European like me. I think I still prefer X Japan more

But are any of these groups any popular???
Personally I don't like any but Morning Musume. My favorite song from them, "Koi no Victory."

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-07, 12:58   Link #111
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoie_Emesai View Post
ps: I'm gonna color all of my text with color like you do Cyz ^_^.
well, I really don't mind if someone's also coloring their posts But for me, I base the color on what it will suit my sig.

-- Seen episode 6
Spoiler:
Currently Watching:
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
~~~~
Old 2006-11-07, 13:25   Link #112
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori

I've been faithfully following this show, with varying levels of dismay, up to episode 6. But ep6 was so lame that I really can't keep on. Really, if you want to see a 2006 show about becoming an idol, watch Lemon Angel Project. Or even Kirarin Revolution, which is a show for young teen girls. And if you want to hear Gotou Yuuko, watch eps 4-5 of Otome wa Boku ni Koi Shiteru, where she gives an all-time great performance.

Lovely Idol has a great seiyuu cast, but they are given very little to work with and aren't showing their best. We ended ep6 on a cliffhanger that the staff milked through much of the episode and now are trying to milk for another week. It's like somebody was writing this in his sleep. Oh, yes, now I remember: director and screenwriter from Amenaideyo.

Does anyone know a good earlier show about becoming an idol? Besides Full Moon wo Sagashite, I mean.
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-07, 14:10   Link #113
paTKany
Aasu Ⅷ

Send a message via MSN to paTKany
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Does anyone know a good earlier show about becoming an idol?
Mahou no Stage Fancy Lala - one of the best of this genre
paTKany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-08, 03:12   Link #114
whyrd

Does anyone know if those songs from ep1 have a full version?
If so plz tell me where to download...
whyrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-08, 12:27   Link #115
martino
makes no files now

Episode 3 out on subs, finally...
Old 2006-11-08, 21:27   Link #116
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maids! Maids! Maids! View Post
I can't find any evidence of Navel's involvement in this project at any level. And I've tried. [...] I don't think Navel had anything to do with the game Lovedol ~Lovely Idol. I honestly don't think they have anything to do with the anime either. You may know better. When you say they sort of took over the project, what do you mean? What responsibilities have they taken over?
Well, let me clarify, then. The original work was commissioned by Enterbrain (a Japanese publisher) as an illustrated short story feature for Magical Cute magazine; it's been running since Magical Cute's first issue, and that's where it started. The authors commissioned for the work were originally Kohki Kanoh (scenario) and Aoi Nishimata (character designs/illustrations). However, beginning with the second series and onward into the now-current "New Lyrics" storyline (where the main cast of characters in the anime comes from), the scenario duties fell to Agobaria, who also works for Navel. So, this is why the copyright on all of the new Lovely Idol material published in Magical Cute magazine is credited to "Omegavision, Inc./Published by Enterbrain, Inc." (Omegavision is Navel's parent company). Starting with New Lyrics, Navel has also taken a more direct role in promoting the series on their website. In terms of the anime, the companies funding the production (as appear in the end credits) are: Avex Entertainment (record label/production company), Enterbrain (original publisher), Pony Canyon Enterprises (production company), and Fifth Avenue (affiliated with the animation house TVK). So, while there's no direct involvement from Navel/Omegavision in the production of the anime, the rights to the characters and original material belong to them, and they remain involved in the production of the on-going short story series from which all the resulting material is based.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maids! Maids! Maids! View Post
Navel makes games, and I don't think game companies have a whole lot to do with the actual production of animated adaptations. They authored the work being adapted. They own the property itself. From what I understand, they're sometimes called in for consulting purposes. I don't think they bear much responsibility for the final product, in much the same way the author of a book doesn't bear much responsibility for a film adaptation of his or her work.
As much as Navel is a game developer, they're also in the business of developing characters and stories; this is at least the third property they're working on that isn't tied to a Navel game (the others I can think of being Judgement Chime and the new Marriage Royale). That being said, other than that little addendum, I agree with your statement. As is usually the case (whether from novels, manga, games, or whatever), the original content creators tend to have very little to do with adaptations of their work unless they're the ones paying for it (or their "big name" gives them a lot of clout).

Anyway, I hope that answers your questions and clarifies the role Navel plays in the ongoing development of this franchise.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2006-11-08 at 21:51. Reason: fixed typo...
Old 2006-11-09, 22:44   Link #117
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

This series is so bad it's almost good in an odd way. So many cliches and cheesy phrases, it's almost like a textbook example how to not write plot and especially dialogue. I might actually continue watching just to see if it can get even worse.
So the two sisters coudln't go on stage because their maid costumes were missing? Man, their fans must really be maid fetishists.
I hadn't noticed the sisters were called Hina, Mina and China, talk about rhyming names.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-10, 09:26   Link #118
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Well China and Mina probably like cosplaying. But you know, Tomohiro's older sister was pretty cruel to him.
Currently Watching:
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
~~~~
Old 2006-11-14, 14:42   Link #119
KenOhki'sRage
Primula hates you

For those disliking this show I think there's a misunderstanding on what it's about. This is not a slice of life anime or a reality turned anime tv series. This is all about MOE.

I'm going to say that Lovely Idol represents the pinacle of the new MOE. Rather then the old style lolicon-esque little sisterly MOE with cute weak girls like Tomoe Hotaru or hugably adorable little Bottle Fairies, this is the new generation of sweet endearing cute girlfriend material. The kind of girls that are both huggably soft, charming, and sweet, yet still date-able.

It's not intended to compete with deep thought provoking anime dealing with idols it's supposed to be very pink, very flowery, and very sweet anime for older guys. The voices are a good indication, they're all adult women yet they talk with a higher pitch and in a manner of 12 year olds.

If you're not into obsessively cute, sticky sweet, flowery pastel then this really isn't a show for you. It's a show for guys like me that adore this sort of thing.

And sorry about thinking it was Navel, I assumed it was because Lovely Idol's website is connected to Navel and contains the very same character designer. That's guilt by association (Shuffle! was great until it turned out terribly)

Oh, since episode 7 is out. I enjoyed it.
Spoiler:

Last edited by KenOhki'sRage; 2006-11-14 at 14:58. Reason: added spoiler tags to ep 7 for those still watching it
Old 2006-11-14, 14:46   Link #120
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Seen episode 7...
Spoiler:
Currently Watching:
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
~~~~

Tags
aic, comedy, drama, enterbrain, idol, moe, princess soft, romance, slice of life, tnk