AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-09-01, 02:13   Link #1
sx3
0 Gundam

[Astray R] Regenerate Gundam

who here can agree with me that this gundam should be animated. I was just strolling through my series and gundams and such and i came across the regenerate gundam and i found more information on it and i just wanted to know mroe and see mroe, can someone tell me how it was defeated in a bit mroe detail? this thign looks pritty invicible and uh please post some pictures if you can from either the manga or anything else. I was hoping to see the Impulse cannon in action seeing as how its supposed to be connected to the suit but hand use in mobile suit form, i could never find a picture of it using the cannon. I would liek to know any other bits of information that anyone may have. thank you very much =D

sx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-01, 03:12   Link #2
The_Marshal_AEB
ZEON ALIVE !

Send a message via MSN to The_Marshal_AEB Send a message via Yahoo to The_Marshal_AEB
I Agree, but not animated with the same freeky mc frlaine drawings
The regnerate piloted by some extended freek (maybe) kicked the astray red and gold asses at the 1st time since it replaces its disabled or destoryed parts with new one in battle, lowe realized that there is a part which cannot be replaced and he went to upgrade his red frame to Powered Red and kicked the regenrate ass ... after that lowe down graded his astray again anyway I think the ZGMFX11A pilot also piloted the ZGMFX12A Testament or maybe he had a twin

anyway this is what I can remember and correct me if i was wrong

The_Marshal_AEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-01, 03:27   Link #3
sx3
0 Gundam

I found out that Regenerate gundam is piloted by a deformed coordinator and than he was captured by the EA and pilots the testament gundam, =S i still wish we could see more regenerate gundam. i wanna see it use its Hyper Impulse Cannon, it has such a badass name. anyone got a picture from the manga (Astray R)?
Old 2006-09-01, 07:37   Link #4
J_Ridden
Grunt Deluxe

Regenerate is a very cool Gundam, one of my favourite.
Actually, the mobile armor attack mode reminds me U.C. mobile armors like Neue Ziel etc. I haven't read Astray R yet, but I sure would love to see it in action. It's piloted by Zaft Special Force Ash Gray who after his defeat against Lowe was found by the EA and put in the Extended program. Lowe somehow damaged the thrusters which made Ash drift away toward EA territory.

Here are some pictures I found:
http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/7...goffredwt5.jpg
http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/5118/ca4924ffiz5.jpg
http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/7...50336iaur7.jpg
J_Ridden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-01, 09:51   Link #5
Renegade334
Exitus Acta Probat
*Graphic Designer

IIRC the Regenerate was built on the Aegis transformable MS concept - it has a MA and 'spaceship' configuration based on that EA MS and was the first unit to feature lightwave pulse thrusters - as a matter of fact, to propel its huge mass, it needed a smaller version of GENESIS (aka GENESIS Alpha, IIRC - which was destroyed in Destiny Astray) and its powerful beam to gain speed and momentum.

It has a detachable cockpit (set in the back), which was salvaged by EA (when Lowe dismembered the Regenerate) and used on the Proto-Saviour +11 (the +11 refers to the ZGMF-X11A) and can hijack other enemy MSes. Its main feature is to have detachable limbs that can be replaced by newer ones (stored in a mothership flying not far from there) should they be damaged in battle.

It was piloted by demented ZAFT pilot Ash Gray (who was easily recognizable because he had painted fake eyes on his large eyebrows) and was even used against its creators (IIRC bloodthirsty Ash destroyed the ZAFT Erudou space station with the Regenerate) before Lowe Gear and the Serpent Tail stepped in - disabling the massive EA by cutting it apart, both main bodies and spare parts. The disabled Regenerate eventually drifted off in space before falling in EA's hands (Ash Gray was captured and brainwashed, before joining EA's ranks as pilot of the RGX-00 Testament - until he was beaten by Kaite Madigan and Jess Rabble. Rather than allowing himself to be captured, Ash committed suicide by removing his helmet and opening his cockpit, letting the air escape into space).

In CE71/72 it was still the largest MS around and dwarfed all other units until the construction of the GFAS-X1 Destroy in CE73.

-- Permanently retired from the raw-hunting business --
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-01, 11:30   Link #6
J_Ridden
Grunt Deluxe

Yup, and I guess it's a space use only unit since that large size would be a problem on Earth because it doesn't have any kind of protection and I suppose like Aegis it can't fly in the atmosphere even in MA mode.
But it is still an interesting concept and the name Regenerate suits it very well.
Old 2006-09-01, 13:33   Link #7
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Ping!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

And here's the info from MAHQ as well:

Model number: ZGMF-X11A
Code name: Regenerate Gundam
Unit type: prototype transformable attack mobile suit
Manufacturer: ZAFT (Zodiac Alliance of Freedom Treaty)
Operator: ZAFT
First deployment: C.E. 71

Accommodation: pilot only, in standard cockpit in backpack

Dimensions: head height 35.61 meters (mobile suit mode)

Weight: max gross weight 198.02 metric tons

Construction: unknown

Powerplant: ultracompact nuclear fission reactor, power output rating unknown

Equipment and design features: sensors, range unknown; Phase Shift (PS) armor; Neutron Jammer Canceler; lightcraft system, allows for speed boosts from GENESIS Alpha

Fixed armaments: 4 x MA-X200 beam sword, 1 mounted on each arm and leg; shield, mounted on left arm; hyper impulse beam cannon, mounted on body in mobile armor mode, hand-carried is use in mobile suit mode

Optional hand armaments: none

Technical and Historical Notes

After capturing four prototype Gundam mobile suits from the Earth Alliance in early C.E. 71, ZAFT reverse engineers the technology and creates their own Gundam type mobile suits. One such suit is the transformable ZGMF-X11A Regenerate Gundam, which is based on the Alliance's captured GAT-X303 Aegis Gundam. With a height of more than 35 meters, the Regenerate Gundam is unmatched in size until the introduction of the GFAS-X1 Destroy Gundam years later during the second Alliance-ZAFT War. Unlike previous Gundam designs, these new units feature a dangerous new technology: the N-Jammer Canceler. ZAFT originally develops the N-Jammer to prevent the Alliance from using nuclear weapons, but this also means that mobile suits have to be powered by short life energy batteries. By creating the N-Jammer Canceler, a mobile suit can use a nuclear fission reactor and function for a nearly unlimited amount of time even with Phase Shift armor activated. Unfortunately, the N-Jammer Canceler technology proves to be a Pandora's Box that falls into the wrong hands. In addition, the Regenerate Gundam is equipped with lightwave pulse thrusters. In its mobile armor mode, the Regenerate Gundam can absorb the energy from the GENESIS Alpha gamma-ray laser cannon to travel at very high speeds. Because of the Regenerate Gundam's enormous size, it is often confused for a ship when it travels in mobile armor mode.

The Regenerate Gundam's name also relates to its design. Using modular parts, the Regenerate Gundam can eject damaged parts and replace them with spare parts from its support ship. In addition, the cockpit can detach from the unit and connect to other mobile suit. If the mobile suit has external connectors, the Regenerate Gundam's cockpit can seize control of that mobile suits. The Regenerate Gundam's armaments include four beam swords similar to the Aegis Gundam, along with a large hyper impulse cannon. The formidable Regenerate Gundam is assigned to ZAFT special forces pilot Ash Gray, a homicidal maniac who kills for pleasure and maintains a collection of "dolls" to represent his victims. While testing the Regenerate Gundam, Ash damages Rondo Mina Sahaku's custom MBF-P01-Re2<AMATU> Gundam Astray Gold Frame Amatu, destroys the ZAFT space station Erudou and damages Lowe Guele's MBF-P02 Gundam Astray Red Frame with Power Loader. In a subsequent battle, Ash faces off against Lowe's MBF-P02 Gundam Astray Red Frame "Powered Red" and Serpent Tail mercenary Gai Murakumo's MBF-P03 Gundam Astray Blue Frame Second L. During the battle, Lowe damages the Regenerate Gundam, sending it drifting out of control through space into Alliance territory, where it and Ash are presumably captured.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-01, 13:59   Link #8
J_Ridden
Grunt Deluxe

Quote:
Fixed armaments: 4 x MA-X200 beam sword, 1 mounted on each arm and leg; shield, mounted on left arm; hyper impulse beam cannon, mounted on body in mobile armor mode, hand-carried is use in mobile suit mode
A shield? What does it look like? I haven't seen it in any picture.
Old 2006-09-01, 17:07   Link #9
sx3
0 Gundam

yeah i read it had a shield on mahq and it used the impulse cannon hand held during MS form, i dont think the shield info is currect nor does the the impulse cannon being hand held but im not 100% sure. if you look at the pictures and models posted in this thread, it shows that people seem to think that cannon attached to its backpacks arm, is a sword fighting against the Red Frame