AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-09-01, 16:22   Link #1
Anavel
Sieg Zeon!
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to Anavel Send a message via MSN to Anavel Send a message via Yahoo to Anavel
Mobile Suit Gundam: CROSSFIRE

Looks like the Mobile Suit Gundam game that was featured at E3 that was going to be released for the PS3 has received a name change. New screenshots have been released. I'm not sure if this is actual game play, but if it is then this is going to be sweet.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Images from http://www.gundamofficial.com/news/08-29-2006.html
Old 2006-09-01, 16:36   Link #2
grandmaster192
Zechs, pilot of Tallgeese

Ahh man, more UC stuff? I was hoping for some of the CE/AU mobile suits.
grandmaster192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-01, 16:46   Link #3
Gevurah
What you say?!?!

Have you seen the gameplay videos? I never knew it took so damn long to swing a beam saber. O_o

"I appear to be a plushie, but my heart is that of a wolf." - Kon
Gevurah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-01, 18:42   Link #4
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
Those videos are more like a pre-alpha version of the game though... In my opinion they shouldn't have shown the game in that state.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-01, 19:45   Link #5
Commander 598
Zeonic

Send a message via AIM to Commander 598
I think the object scale is off. I believe a Magella reaches up to about the skirt armor on a Zaku, these pics have it not even making knee height on a GM.

Specifically: http://www.gundamofficial.com/news/i...s3_screen4.jpg (The GM in the back)

It doesn't make it when the GM is several hundred feet away, and the GM is only going to get bigger in relation to the Magella as it closes.

Unless they retconned the Magella to be only a couple of meters in height, the scale is off.
Commander 598 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-01, 23:04   Link #6
wavehawk
O GALILEO LET ME GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmaster192
Ahh man, more UC stuff? I was hoping for some of the CE/AU mobile suits.
- Quit complaining. The Fed vs Zaft game's out in arcades already, be happy that you get that.

This thing, it requires you to buy a G---mn Playstation 3.
Old 2006-09-02, 01:26   Link #7
Empire
Independent MS pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk
- Quit complaining. The Fed vs Zaft game's out in arcades already, be happy that you get that.

This thing, it requires you to buy a G---mn Playstation 3.
Any why he should do that? It's only natural for human being to dream about more and better. I too am disappointed that they choose UC era, I would prefer CE or G Gundam. And both he and I have a right to say that, as we do not offend anybody.
Empire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-02, 11:47   Link #8
kct
Walk dat crank yo

Send a message via MSN to kct
And the Fed vs. Zaft game have an arcade port. WHY THE HECK US PC USERS DON'T GET GUNDAM GAMES?

Now that is what we should be asking for. A Gundam game for the PC.
kct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-02, 13:31   Link #9
Siege

Well as i'm going to buy a PS3 as it comes with a nice PS2 hardware set to play the games

i'm a little bored of seeing really boring and Square suits for the Older Gundam Series I would have liked to see CE or AC suits
Siege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-02, 23:35   Link #10
wavehawk
O GALILEO LET ME GO

I don't have an issue with people wanting more CE/AC-based Gundam games. It's just that I think he has no right to complain, since for the forseeable future, Gundam Seed-based games will still be coming out. Bandai would have to be absolutely Hasbro-level stupid to kill off their main cash cow. If the Strike Noir's inclusion in the Fed vs Zaft II arcade is any indication, the Seed arcade games will actually go on for much longer than the UC Arcade games.

AC, on the other hand, will depend on whether Bandai will want to put out some more Wing-related stuff. Since they released a new manga, it might happen, but I don't think anybody should get their hopes up.

The reason I personally like the UC series is because it's stuff I grew up with. Now I'm really sorry if they look boxy, primitive, and utterly unheroic, but that's why I like them. I like alternate Gundam series too (me being one of the few Gundam fans who likes them regardless of universe), but most UC Gundam games I've played on the SNES before just didn't feel right, or else were unavailable to me (Sega Saturn games).

One other thing: Most UC Gundam fans are old farts like me. Which means people with more income than teens--and most of us older guys tend to like UC. Seeing the hefty price tag on the PS3, it makes sense that Bandai will probably send Seed Games to Arcades (where most teens will play it), while home consoles will get more of the UC games.

That doesn't mean Bandai won't be making Seed games for PS3 (that aren't ports fromt he Arcade), but the way the PS3 is priced now, Sony is probably asking developers to try and grab more 'certain' markets (i.e. people who are a shoo-in to buy and have the money for it).
Old 2006-09-02, 23:49   Link #11
Darth_Nihilus

I want an AU gundam game as well, specifically, AC/CE. I'm not gonna judge UC series as a whole since I haven't seen them, but the suits look lame for the most part. Still, the graphics look good.
Darth_Nihilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-03, 05:47   Link #12
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Nihilus
I'm not gonna judge UC series as a whole since I haven't seen them, but the suits look lame for the most part.
With "lame" I assume you mean "better looking than all other suits", right? While there are indeed many nice designs in the AU's they lack the appeal that UC has.

The Zeta Gundam is still the sleekest-looking and non-traditional Gundam design thus far, and it's 20 years old. UC is far from "lame", my friend .
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-03, 06:58   Link #13
kct
Walk dat crank yo

Send a message via MSN to kct
Zeta Gundam is the representation of the 80's. Boxy yet sleek. Something like the Ferraris and Lamborghinis of the 80's.

I never watched a UC Gundam series at all, but Zeta is the first thing I know about a Gundam >_> .
kct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-03, 07:19   Link #14
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
The RX-178 Gundam Mark II is and shall forever remain my most favorite MS design of all time. It's so incredibly sharp and beautiful, especially in its simplicity. It's too bad it got outdated so fast.
Old 2006-09-03, 14:02   Link #15
Darth_Nihilus

They don't all look bad. My lame comment was mostly came from just having seen the suits in the screenshots. They look old and boxy, and thats what I think of when I think of UC.

I think AC nad CE suits look better than even the "good" UC suits like Zeta as well, although zeta is pretty awesome looking.
Darth_Nihilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-04, 05:07   Link #16
M_Flores
Count of Monte Dorifto

Send a message via MSN to M_Flores
IMO, Zeta looks tuff, I'll give you that. So does Nu, Zephyranthes, Ex-S, especially even F90/F91 and V2.
But compared to Wing Zero Custom and all its rice, Freedom and it's pretty looking blue wings, God Gundam and it's super saiyan gold shit, AU would win in a beauty pageant in most cases, IMO.
M_Flores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-07, 14:20   Link #17
Anavel
Sieg Zeon!
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to Anavel Send a message via MSN to Anavel Send a message via Yahoo to Anavel
Hopefully they have at least some of the UC MS (UC 0080+), not just the ones from 0079.
Old 2006-09-08, 10:13   Link #18
Nesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Flores
IMO, Zeta looks tuff, I'll give you that. So does Nu, Zephyranthes, Ex-S, especially even F90/F91 and V2.
But compared to Wing Zero Custom and all its rice, Freedom and it's pretty looking blue wings, God Gundam and it's super saiyan gold shit, AU would win in a beauty pageant in most cases, IMO.

thats stupid. this whole thread has turned into a pure personal preferance discussion.

i'm glad it's in UC and thats that. there will be more gundam games with other universes in the near future so anyone that doesn't really like UC will still get what they want. just be patient
Nesty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-09, 03:04   Link #19
wavehawk
O GALILEO LET ME GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Flores
AU would win in a beauty pageant in most cases, IMO.
"No combat-ready unit has ever passed inspection. No inspection-ready unit has ever passed combat."

Think of the A-10 Thunderbolt, better known as the Warthog. The absolute UGLIEST airplane in the US Air Force. Can't even make Mach .85, has no real radar, the butt of all jokes in the USAF Jet Jock community. Designed back in the 70's, old-fashioned, straight-winged machine back when the idea of surviving a battle meant a tougher machine, not a small, steatlhy, and fast one.

But in the 1990's, they were one of the most efficient combat aircraft in the US arsenal. In fact, the squadrons of sleek and Shiny F-16 fighter aircraft modified for antitank use that were there to replace them had absolutely ZERO kills. The Warthogs? AFAIK, only one or two were shot down--and some that WERE blasted to hell still flew back to base---in the US. And for their size, the A10 can carry almost half more ammo and firepower than the F-15 Eagle, and certainly tons more than the new F22 Raptor. Indeed, the very fact that they're slow but pack a hell of a punch means that in an Anti-Terrorist war, they're one of the best things to provide air cover, since they can loiter about and area for long periods and spot moving forces on the ground.

Still, to this day, the USAF is going to shut down it's A10 Squadrons. They're all going to be replaced by the JSF. While still unproven, I don't think it's a good idea. The A-10 is tried and proven, and the machine still has quite a few decades to go. The only reason the USAF wants it gone is because the damn thing just ain't pretty enough to convince recruits to join the Air Force.

What am I trying to say? If MS were built for good looks, pretty much everything we've seen prior to Gundam Wing should have been a failure. But they're not developed to look good, they're developed to work. That means they could look like something that crawled out of a rotten Mushroom (like the Acguy), but as long as it works, it's a good machine.

I think you're suffering from the old "Katana Misconception"--i.e. that impressive-looking, shiny equipment will work better than a dirt-caked old reliable one. That ain't always the case. While it's true most of the MS you mentioned had incredible capability and kill scores to go with their flashy looks, in Gundam, more often than not it's not the MS that makes the hero incredible; it's the other way around. A good pilot in a crap unit will generally be better than a crap pilot in a good unit.

MS in UC weren't meant to win beauty contests. They were meant to work, and they were meant to be produced tor troops whose primary purpose in life isn't to make themselves a pretty corpse but to grow old ugly. And I don't know about you, but if I was a pilot, I would like to stay being alive very, very much.
Old 2006-09-09, 04:42   Link #20
grandmaster192
Zechs, pilot of Tallgeese

I don't know about you but I want cool looking units. I would rather see stuff like the Epyon then the ugly Zeong or Turn A. Why not make cool looking MS?
grandmaster192 is offline   Reply With Quote