AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2006-09-03, 16:33   Link #41
anselfir
Style Über Alles
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NYC/Chicago
Well, the way the strike rouge got totalled was totally due to equipment problems. First remember there are 50~ enemies around with an underpowered big ship to protect, that kira needs to block an attack for eternal is not that surprising. The shield for the rouge simply is not up to par with impulse's, so it got totalled. Now, nobody can do anything about that as a pilot, unless they have massive plot chakra to channel to the shield . Then Kira was pretty defenseless without the gun and the shield, and was trying to get back to the ship. So he got shot from behind when he's not looking, that's no big deal, just a small twist to take up time.
__________________
anselfir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-03, 16:36   Link #42
Renegade334
Exitus Acta Probat
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Permanent retirement from raws-hunting
Age: 28
Not to mention that Impulse has technically a longer operation time since it both has a Hyper Deuterion battery, which can store a higher amount of energy compared to the conventional models, VPS and Hyper Deuterion Beam Power Transmission System. SR only has VPS - it seems that it replaced GS' 'power extender' or it simply has changed names.

Strike Rouge would be the first to power down in a battle with Impulse, should they both fight each other to a standstill and dredge themself into a battle of attrition.

And...it's not like SR has chest and legs flyers to replace damaged parts. But should we exclude the Minerva's presence somewhere near the battlefield, pilots skills aside, Impulse has the technological upper hand.

Quote:
Now, nobody can do anything about that as a pilot, unless they have massive plot chakra to channel to the shield .
Not to mention that ZAFT and EA's antibeam technology might be at different levels. Strike Rouge's shield yielded under a middle/long range shot from a Gunner ZAKU Warrior yet Justice's managed to withstand a point-blank shot from Calamity's Scylla (although its surface melted but it still blocked a shot from the druggies later on when Athrun went to protect the damaged Freedom...which means that it wasn't totalled). If ZAFT still improved its antibeam technology, then we should assume that Impulse's shield has more resistance than SR's, which is based on the 2-years old Strike.
...But then again, Strike's shield still stood its ground against a full-fledged Lohengrin blast...so: ZAKU Gunner's gun = Lohengrin?
__________________
<< -- Click to enter my GFX thread.

-- Permanently retired from the raw-hunting business --
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-03, 16:45   Link #43
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334
...But then again, Strike's shield still stood its ground against a full-fledged Lohengrin blast...so: ZAKU Gunner's gun = Lohengrin?
The plot dictates how much of a damage a weapon can do or does it actually do anything (Raider hit Freedom in the back with its mouth canon - did jack to it) and the same plot dictates how much of a damage one can withstand :P
__________________
Skyfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-03, 16:47   Link #44
srb
I can see time itself!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Kingdom of Sweden
Age: 27
Send a message via MSN to srb
Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmaster192
Thats not true. The Strike Rouge is not obsolete, it's a upgrade of the old strike.
Strike Rouge, as it was in GS, is completely identical to Strike in performance. It has received minor upgrades in Destiny, like full flight capability, but it is nowhere near Impulse and both Zakus and Goufs outperforms it in different ways - Zakus have superior firepower and longevity, thanks to their magazine-loaded rifles, but no flight capability. Goufs have rapid-fire capability and full flight performance as well, and are considerably newer than the SR.

Pound for pound, every version of the Impulse is superior to Strike Rouge. It can outgun it, it can outfly it, it can outstab it, it can outlast it. The Igelstellungs in Rouge have difficulties penetrating GINN armor, while Impulse's CIWS make swiss cheese out of Dagger II's - you DON'T want to power down while fighting Impulse, and even if the pilot is outstanding that's bound to happen sooner or later.

Quote:
If ZAFT still improved its antibeam technology, then we should assume that Impulse's shield has more resistance than SR's, which is based on the 2-years old Strike.
The Zamzazaar's cannons were nothing against Impulse's shield.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-03, 16:49   Link #45
anselfir
Style Über Alles
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NYC/Chicago
Strike's shield is basically a metal plate, but since impulse's shield is shown to have green chak...er..field around it we could presume that it is of a higher level. The scene itself was really plot based, since there should be more attacks coming from 50+ enemy units. Maybe they got lazy drawing a strike with pink shield and just want to get out the S-F in time for lacus dust pwnage.
__________________
anselfir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-03, 16:59   Link #46
grandmaster192
Zechs, pilot of Tallgeese
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall
(omg, i agreed on something with grandmaster192, thats something that doesnt happen every day )
Hey, it could happen...
grandmaster192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-03, 17:01   Link #47
zgmf-x19a
Divine Gundam Pilot
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmaster192
Thats not true. The Strike Rouge is not obsolete, it's a upgrade of the old strike. I don't see why you would say Zaku's and Gouf's are better then it. The Strike Rough is the exact same thing as the Force Impulse. It has the same weapons and every thing. It can fly to. It has a riffle, Saber and shield. the Same weapons as Shinn uses to pwn shit...Kira should have been able to trash those grunts the same way Shinn does. The Strike Rough is just as mobil as the Impuse..just look at that move Kira did in it. I think if that was Shinn or even Athrun those grunts would have been trashed.

Strike Rouge isn't really an upgrade of the Strike it just has more batteries IIRC and besides it only has one kind of equipment the Aile pack.
Indeed it has the same stuff as Force Impulse but it's at least 2 years old and in C.E that is a bit long.Even though Impulse is obviously based on Strike I think that its performance has been tuned up compared to the Strike.
What's the point in keeping Strike Rouge now? Scenario wise it had to be smashed up so that Kira could get into his new MS X20A Strike Freedom and that also opened a path for Akatsuki
Of course Kira could trash those grunts but Strike's rouge armament is weak it's not really what Kira uses normally Kira the Spamminator lol
zgmf-x19a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-03, 17:28   Link #48
Renegade334
Exitus Acta Probat
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Permanent retirement from raws-hunting
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by zgmf-x19a
Strike Rouge isn't really an upgrade of the Strike it just has more batteries IIRC and besides it only has one kind of equipment the Aile pack.
Nope - it has a 'power extender', a device that modifies the PSA's settings so as to reduce power consumption and therefore increase the operation time. It's because of the said change of power settings that the PSA becomes pinkish. To my knowledge there is no additional battery, just fiddling on the armor's power flow.

I guess that 'power extender' was changed into VPS in SEED Destiny...but it still remains that it cannot match or outlast Impulse's Hyper Deuterion batteries...and VPS.
__________________
<< -- Click to enter my GFX thread.

-- Permanently retired from the raw-hunting business --
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-03, 18:03   Link #49
zgmf-x19a
Divine Gundam Pilot
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334
Nope - it has a 'power extender', a device that modifies the PSA's settings so as to reduce power consumption and therefore increase the operation time. It's because of the said change of power settings that the PSA becomes pinkish. To my knowledge there is no additional battery, just fiddling on the armor's power flow.

I guess that 'power extender' was changed into VPS in SEED Destiny...but it still remains that it cannot match or outlast Impulse's Hyper Deuterion batteries...and VPS.

either way it will run a bit longer right?
by the way what does VPS stand for ?
zgmf-x19a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-03, 18:09   Link #50
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Variable Phase Shift.

And it'll run longer than Strike, especially if it's not hit. It won't last longer than Impulse.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-03, 18:14   Link #51
zgmf-x19a
Divine Gundam Pilot
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh
Variable Phase Shift.

And it'll run longer than Strike, especially if it's not hit. It won't last longer than Impulse.
thanks for the info
Aren't the VPS and weapons linked to the batteries so if you use the beam gun and the beam sword much it will end up draining the batteries right?
zgmf-x19a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-03, 20:08   Link #52
srb
I can see time itself!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Kingdom of Sweden
Age: 27
Send a message via MSN to srb
Quote:
Originally Posted by zgmf-x19a
thanks for the info
Aren't the VPS and weapons linked to the batteries so if you use the beam gun and the beam sword much it will end up draining the batteries right?
Right. That's why some mobile suits use beam weapons with magazines (Hyperion Gundam, Zakus) instead of relying on the reactor for all of the power, and there are also those who use less powerful carbines but with improved rate of fire to compensate for it, like the GINN High Mobility Type 2.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-04, 05:30   Link #53
zgmf-x19a
Divine Gundam Pilot
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Somehow, calling them "upgraded" doesn't make much sense to me...they actually seem DOWNgraded given that in 1 battle, Shinn was running low on power...though they never did show Levels in the Freedom or Justice in SEED or SEED Destiny...who knows...

yes that seems true it seems like Strike Freedom and ∞ Justice have no power issues while Destiny runs out of power if Wings of Light are often used I think Strike Freedom and ∞ Justice reactor's are based on their former suits while Destiny and Legend are based on a completely different thing
zgmf-x19a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-04, 05:32   Link #54
zgmf-x19a
Divine Gundam Pilot
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by srb
Right. That's why some mobile suits use beam weapons with magazines (Hyperion Gundam, Zakus) instead of relying on the reactor for all of the power, and there are also those who use less powerful carbines but with improved rate of fire to compensate for it, like the GINN High Mobility Type 2.
but the X numbers aren't made like that IIRC everything (Weapons , PS, Sabre beam) seems to be linked right?
zgmf-x19a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-04, 05:50   Link #55
Renegade334
Exitus Acta Probat
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Permanent retirement from raws-hunting
Age: 28
...Could you please specify what you're talking about?
I recall from somewhere (I think it was speculation, I don't remember if it ever was confirmed) that ZGMF-X numbers were reorganized according to the series/class they belonged to:
- 20 series: air superiority MS
- 30 series: naval superiority MS
- 40 series: multipurpose/conventional MS
- 50 series: transformable/combining MS
- 60 series: DRAGOON-enabled MS?
- 70 series: ??
- 80 series: ground superiority / multilegged MS

Note: I can't vouch for this since I don't remember it being part of official spoilers or info.
However, according to GundamOfficial EA reorganized its GAT-X series into three classes, based on the MS' frames:
- 100 series: conventional MSes with one-block frame.
- 200 series: Mirage Colloid/magnetic field technology-enabled MS
- 300 series: transformable MS

The suffixes 'A', 'S' and 'T' are respectively for 'atomic-powered' (although it should be 'nuclear-powered'), 'secondary stage' (Hyper Deuterion batteries) and 'third stage'. According to the Destiny model package, Durandal made ZAFT's engineers change the 'A' behind the -X42 to 'S' so as to hide the fact that it had a nuclear reactor and show that he was circumventing (much like EA, on top of using Mirage Colloid technology for the WoLs) the J7 treaty.
...Which means that Destiny was already in ZAFT's armories by the time EA attacked Armory One since the J7 treaty went through the window right after that, otherwise Durandal wouldn't have cared less about an umpteenth infringement of a now bygone treaty.
__________________
<< -- Click to enter my GFX thread.

-- Permanently retired from the raw-hunting business --
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-04, 06:01   Link #56
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Wasn't Destiny made (at any rate, started) before the treaty, then shelved when they realised they'd need the newly forbidden nuclear power? And, uh, completed when the fit hit the shan, so that they were allowed to put in a nuclear power supply?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-04, 07:08   Link #57
zgmf-x19a
Divine Gundam Pilot
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334
...Could you please specify what you're talking about?
I recall from somewhere (I think it was speculation, I don't remember if it ever was confirmed) that ZGMF-X numbers were reorganized according to the series/class they belonged to:
- 20 series: air superiority MS
- 30 series: naval superiority MS
- 40 series: multipurpose/conventional MS
- 50 series: transformable/combining MS
- 60 series: DRAGOON-enabled MS?
- 70 series: ??
- 80 series: ground superiority / multilegged MS

Note: I can't vouch for this since I don't remember it being part of official spoilers or info.
However, according to GundamOfficial EA reorganized its GAT-X series into three classes, based on the MS' frames:
- 100 series: conventional MSes with one-block frame.
- 200 series: Mirage Colloid/magnetic field technology-enabled MS
- 300 series: transformable MS

The suffixes 'A', 'S' and 'T' are respectively for 'atomic-powered' (although it should be 'nuclear-powered'), 'secondary stage' (Hyper Deuterion batteries) and 'third stage'. According to the Destiny model package, Durandal made ZAFT's engineers change the 'A' behind the -X42 to 'S' so as to hide the fact that it had a nuclear reactor and show that he was circumventing (much like EA, on top of using Mirage Colloid technology for the WoLs) the J7 treaty.
...Which means that Destiny was already in ZAFT's armories by the time EA attacked Armory One since the J7 treaty went through the window right after that, otherwise Durandal wouldn't have cared less about an umpteenth infringement of a now bygone treaty.
What I meant by the X numbers being linked is that their weaponry,PS all depend on the battery supply. I remember in Gundam Seed that Kira was using his beam rifle too much which depleted his energy supply and he could no longer remain in Phase Shift
zgmf-x19a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-04, 07:12   Link #58
zgmf-x19a
Divine Gundam Pilot
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
renegate334 what about Justice X09A and ∞ Justice X19A ?
Obviously they are both designed for close combat but X10A has the "1" in it too so ... maybe it was because they were ZAFT's first Gundam they had that kind of designation
zgmf-x19a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-04, 10:09   Link #59
srb
I can see time itself!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Kingdom of Sweden
Age: 27
Send a message via MSN to srb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh
Wasn't Destiny made (at any rate, started) before the treaty, then shelved when they realised they'd need the newly forbidden nuclear power? And, uh, completed when the fit hit the shan, so that they were allowed to put in a nuclear power supply?
Yes, the production plans for Destiny were scrapped when the Junius Treaty came into effect and they separated its different weapons systems to create Impulse. According to my own theory Infinite Justice, SF and Destiny were designed shortly prior to the Treaty, with IJ and SF being scrapped indefinitely and Destiny being the chosen design when EA started shit.

And ZGMF-X19A, those classifications are only for the Second Stage suits.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-04, 10:31   Link #60
zgmf-x19a
Divine Gundam Pilot
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by srb
Yes, the production plans for Destiny were scrapped when the Junius Treaty came into effect and they separated its different weapons systems to create Impulse. According to my own theory Infinite Justice, SF and Destiny were designed shortly prior to the Treaty, with IJ and SF being scrapped indefinitely and Destiny being the chosen design when EA started shit.

And ZGMF-X19A, those classifications are only for the Second Stage suits.

ok thanks for the info
I don't think Strike Freedom and Infinite Justice plans were part of ZAFT they were made by Terminal of course heavily based on Freedom and Justice
and Destiny I'm not so sure either since the Chairman did say that Destiny was designed for Shin
zgmf-x19a is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:02.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.