AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2006-09-04, 14:43   Link #81
Renegade334
Exitus Acta Probat
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Permanent retirement from raws-hunting
Age: 29
Uh-uh, I know - but my point was that symbols can turn into nightmares or blasphemies depending on the hands that are wielding them.

...and yeah, we're derailing the topic...-_-;; Our bad.
__________________
<< -- Click to enter my GFX thread.

-- Permanently retired from the raw-hunting business --
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-04, 15:39   Link #82
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Um, Freedom and Justice use nuclear reactors, not sure which kind, but they never run out of power even though they spam more than the Destiny can ever hope to IMO. Not to mention that Freedom has Lacus Dust build in. And that, above anything else, is what makes Kira godlike. Ep 13: mass Lacus dust. Ep 23: mass Lacus dust. EP 26: Mass Lacus Dust. Ep 28: less Lacus Dust. Ep 32: Next to no Lacus dust. Ep 34: NO Lacus dust. Ep 39: mass Lacus dust. Ep 42: mass Lacus dust. Final battle: WTFPWN amounts of Lacus dust.
__________________
Signature stolen by a horde of carnivorous bunnies. It is an unscientifically proven fact that they are attracted to signatures which break the signature rules.
Demongod86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-04, 15:41   Link #83
zgmf-x19a
Divine Gundam Pilot
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334
Cf. one of my earlier posts in here - there are number classifications. Since Destiny still has that 'S' suffix to hide its true nature I guess it still obeys to the number thing...if number = order of appearance/creation, then I guess Gaia would have been the last one on the drawing boards.
You should also tell the U.S. Army to give its (now-cancelled) XM8 rifle a greater number than the M16's...despite nearly forty years of difference between each other, the XM8 was given a smaller number than its (intended) predecessor. Same thing for the XM26 underbarrel shotgun, which is slightly younger than the XM29 SABR/OICW.


As a matter of fact, Terminal engineered the entire failure so that it could steal the frames after they'd been sent to the scrap yard for dismantling. They falsified the results so that ZAFT would drop it in favor of the ZAKU.

I'm not so sure about the order since like you said before the 400 series has a multipurpose goal and the 500 series a combining characteristic I think that it may have been decided to make a multipurpose GUNDAM for Shin Asuka so that he wouldn't loose time changing equipment all the time after his victories over EA and ORB
I didn't know about that falsified result the Terminal did but even so giving beam energy shields would cost too much I think
zgmf-x19a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-04, 15:43   Link #84
anselfir
Style Über Alles
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NYC/Chicago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86
Um, Freedom and Justice use nuclear reactors, not sure which kind, but they never run out of power even though they spam more than the Destiny can ever hope to IMO. Not to mention that Freedom has Lacus Dust build in. And that, above anything else, is what makes Kira godlike. Ep 13: mass Lacus dust. Ep 23: mass Lacus dust. EP 26: Mass Lacus Dust. Ep 28: less Lacus Dust. Ep 32: Next to no Lacus dust. Ep 34: NO Lacus dust. Ep 39: mass Lacus dust. Ep 42: mass Lacus dust. Final battle: WTFPWN amounts of Lacus dust.
QFT

Seriously the Lacus dust powered Doms made me rofl every time they did the lacus dust stream attack.
__________________
anselfir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-04, 15:44   Link #85
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
But it would improve survivability (if they ever learn to use their shields, of course... Don't take that as a given for grunts.)

I thought the DOMs were scraped because they were harder to handle than the ZAKUs, and average pilots weren't good with them. (Why they weren't made into commander units instead I don't know.)
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-04, 15:47   Link #86
Renegade334
Exitus Acta Probat
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Permanent retirement from raws-hunting
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh
I thought the DOMs were scraped because they were harder to handle than the ZAKUs, and average pilots weren't good with them. (Why they weren't made into commander units instead I don't know.)
They are harder to control - I think there was a mass balance control issue at play - but Terminal still gave a small push in the right direction to seize the half-dismantled frames and have them shipped to the Factory for rebuilding and completion...they're slightly different from the DOM Original Spec Type. They now have beam shields while the DOST had elbow-mounted solid shields and the drill lances were replaced by improved beam sabers.
__________________
<< -- Click to enter my GFX thread.

-- Permanently retired from the raw-hunting business --
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-04, 17:17   Link #87
zgmf-x19a
Divine Gundam Pilot
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by anselfir
QFT

Seriously the Lacus dust powered Doms made me rofl every time they did the lacus dust stream attack.

QFT ? what does that stand for?
and I heard it was taken from another Gundam serie that combo attack
zgmf-x19a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-04, 17:25   Link #88
Renegade334
Exitus Acta Probat
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Permanent retirement from raws-hunting
Age: 29
QFT: quoted for truth

The Jet Stream Attack was ripped off Mobile Suit Gundam (the first series) and the Black Tri-Stars's trademark attack, with their MS-09 DOM - three MSes lined one behind the other with two peppering the enemy with shells while the third one uses close combat weapons for close range fights.
__________________
<< -- Click to enter my GFX thread.

-- Permanently retired from the raw-hunting business --
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-04, 18:52   Link #89
grandmaster192
Zechs, pilot of Tallgeese
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Jet stream attacks looks like Goku's Kao-kin to me. I hate DOM's...there so ugly IMO. If there gonna rip off some Zeon MS and have them own shit then why not 3 Sazabi's?
grandmaster192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-04, 19:10   Link #90
srb
I can see time itself!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Kingdom of Sweden
Age: 28
Send a message via MSN to srb
Quote:
Originally Posted by zgmf-x19a
I'm not so sure about the order since like you said before the 400 series has a multipurpose goal and the 500 series a combining characteristic I think that it may have been decided to make a multipurpose GUNDAM for Shin Asuka so that he wouldn't loose time changing equipment all the time after his victories over EA and ORB
The designation order for the Second Stage units are official. 4* is multi-role. In this case it has nothing to do with the fact that the original Destiny was indeed designed before any of the Second Stage suits but put on indefinite hold due to there being no power plant that could power it without breaking the treaty.

TL;DR: You're wrong.

Grandmaster, Jet Stream Attack has nothing to do with Dragonball.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-04, 22:29   Link #91
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
You can't have three Sazabis...because they'd have to be Sazalas.
__________________
Signature stolen by a horde of carnivorous bunnies. It is an unscientifically proven fact that they are attracted to signatures which break the signature rules.
Demongod86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-04, 22:35   Link #92
grandmaster192
Zechs, pilot of Tallgeese
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86
You can't have three Sazabis...because they'd have to be Sazalas.
Rip off something else then...for all I care it could be 3 Zeta gundams, 3 wing zero's just get those ugly ass DOM's out of there.
grandmaster192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-04, 22:40   Link #93
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmaster192
Rip off something else then...for all I care it could be 3 Zeta gundams, 3 wing zero's just get those ugly ass DOM's out of there.
There cannot be a JET STREAM ATTACK without DOM x 3.

There are people would buy 3 DOMs just to simulate the Jet Stream Attack ver. CE, regardless of how ugly they look.

Plus don't ask the impossible, since every Gundam series has an ugly mech or 2. If I want to be irrational, I'd demand that every Gundam TV series as their mechs on the same level of detail that extremely sleek and detailed Advance of Zeta mechs have.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-04, 23:01   Link #94
grandmaster192
Zechs, pilot of Tallgeese
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale
There cannot be a JET STREAM ATTACK without DOM x 3.

There are people would buy 3 DOMs just to simulate the Jet Stream Attack ver. CE, regardless of how ugly they look.
Whats stoping them changing the plot and giving something else the Jet stream attack? Strike Freedom has a wing of light...why can't they rip off somethng cooler and just say it has the J attack?
grandmaster192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-04, 23:06   Link #95
monster
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmaster192
why can't they rip off somethng cooler and just say it has the J attack?
Because being "cool" is a matter of opinion. And obviously they did not see the need to copy the move while leaving the mobile suit out. And frankly, I'm glad they included the DOMs. The original Dom and all of its incarnations right down to the CE versions have always been some of my favorite mobile suit designs.

But now let's get back on topic about SF and IJ's reactor, shall we?
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-04, 23:23   Link #96
AlphaDragoon
Flame of the Dragonslayer
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Age: 31
Not exactly the subject of SF's reactor, but about SF nonetheless: Any of you guys think that with the Stargazer series showcasing the Voiture Lumiere and such, maybe that's what the SF has built into it?

I got that notion from looking at a couple of the scans of the Stargazer, and noticing that it not only has the same type of wings as Strike Freedom (as stated previously) but also that it can do the whole "God Gundam Hyper Mode" glowing gold on parts of its body...just like Strike Freedom.
AlphaDragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-04, 23:59   Link #97
anselfir
Style Über Alles
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NYC/Chicago
Voiture Lumiere works as a gigantic sail. It gains propulsion from solar wind and/or cosmic particles. The advantage is that it requires literally zero energy to move, as long as a constant sail is generated. The acceleration can be very low, but there is no resistance in space, thus over a long period of time significant speed can be achieved (after all solar wind/cosmic particles are pretty darn fast). In short that mechanism is for long distance travels with no particular speed requirement, it reduces the energy cost and the size of the craft. For a combat vehicle that sort of propulsion is useless. You would not want to drive your battlecruiser with a sail, even though a highly advanced sail would be good on an oil tanker. Different tasks, different requirements, different machines.

My Christmas tree can glow better than SF, and I am sure it can't really move in the same way. The Stargazer OVA is meant to look pretty, so leave it alone.
__________________

Last edited by anselfir; 2006-09-05 at 00:12.
anselfir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-05, 03:37   Link #98
zgmf-x19a
Divine Gundam Pilot
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by srb
The designation order for the Second Stage units are official. 4* is multi-role. In this case it has nothing to do with the fact that the original Destiny was indeed designed before any of the Second Stage suits but put on indefinite hold due to there being no power plant that could power it without breaking the treaty.

In the anime I don't remember any mention of Destiny being built before Impulse or even designed before it
zgmf-x19a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-05, 04:14   Link #99
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by zgmf-x19a
In the anime I don't remember any mention of Destiny being built before Impulse or even designed before it
The CE universe is bigger than the anime component. You need to get use to the idea that there are other things that happen off camera.

It's like how there is detailed canon explanations on how lightsabers are made, but such a thing wasn't mentioned in any of the Starwars movies. Try the instruction manel for the Destiny Gundam model kit; it would definitely talk about its design history.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-05, 04:51   Link #100
zgmf-x19a
Divine Gundam Pilot
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant
The CE universe is bigger than the anime component. You need to get use to the idea that there are other things that happen off camera.

It's like how there is detailed canon explanations on how lightsabers are made, but such a thing wasn't mentioned in any of the Starwars movies. Try the instruction manel for the Destiny Gundam model kit; it would definitely talk about its design history.

sadly I can't read Japanese
Is there a site that gives us translated version of all the model kits of all the Gundam Series ? If so please give me a link.
Thanks
zgmf-x19a is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:48.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.