AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

View Poll Results: Episode rating
* 11 25.00%
** 4 9.09%
*** 9 20.45%
**** 9 20.45%
***** 11 25.00%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-09-14, 23:42   Link #21
zamme
Wandering Prophet

Send a message via MSN to zamme
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde
with the way these fillers have been going, I'm tempted to think that Gennou's big plan will turn out to be nothing more than a massive fireworks show.

*sighs*
When will it end?
I think just about the same.. But then again, why would he hide his plan and not encourage people to watch it instead?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangs
Wasn't episode 202 the last filler?

Episode was okay, but I missed a little more action!
It is suspected that 203-205 (3ep. special) will be the last filler, but it's nothing entirely confirmed yet.

The one man fanclub!
Dosu did never really die.....
He just took a time out.
Click for my 18 paged Dosu Gaiden manga chapter!
[Fixed link again, again, and again!.. If it's down, please PM me!]
zamme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-14, 23:55   Link #22
chasqui85

im confused, can someone clear things up for me... at the end it said naruto 90min thing arirs october 5th. Does that mean no Naruto until then..?? thx in advance =D
chasqui85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-15, 00:29   Link #23
tkdtiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamme
I think just about the same.. But then again, why would he hide his plan and not encourage people to watch it instead?

It is suspected that 203-205 (3ep. special) will be the last filler, but it's nothing entirely confirmed yet.
I don't think it will be the last filler. I think they'll still have jiraiya and naruto leave and train a bit before continuing the series..
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-15, 00:41   Link #24
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

the over animation (since I really can't say over acting) of Naruto's face was more than a bit silly when he unintentionally ran into Gennou, it was almost downright stupid.

this was a 'meh' episode at best.

"Happy anniversay Esther, I love you. ~Brandon"
"Brandon, I'll be expecting those naked pics in my inbox by Friday"

I got a nice chuckle from that
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-15, 00:45   Link #25
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Dunno, I personally liked the episode a lot. Not as great as the last episode was in terms of character content, but still pretty good with a whole backstory on another ninja clan unveiled in a single episode.

I wish they'd show more deviousness of Gennou much like how they portray Shikimaru in canon.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-15, 02:00   Link #26
Tsukasa27

I consider this episode as the best filler in Naruto yet. The story is well-developed and has a good pacing, everyone is showcased trying to help the investigation (even those 2 council members are put to good use) and Naruto, for once, figures something out by himself...

I just hope they won't mess up the next ep because we've seen from past filler arcs that they're pretty weak when it comes to concluding arcs.
Tsukasa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-15, 05:41   Link #27
zamme
Wandering Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdtiger
I don't think it will be the last filler. I think they'll still have jiraiya and naruto leave and train a bit before continuing the series..
Well, my main arguments are two:
There's a new intro after the Special episode. If it doesnt mean that this intro is for Part 2, then it'll be for yet ANOTHER filler streak (grr), which means that if 206 isnt part 2, then it's a start for ~15-20 more fillers..
The other point is the 3-episode filler special. We have never gotten a 90 minute special before, and I think that this is some kind of weird celebration that the fillers will end. I dont think it'll be there just for no reason. (Normally specials are compensation for weeks without episode, but also for "celebration" for special episodes)

The one man fanclub!
He just took a time out.
Old 2006-09-15, 05:54   Link #28
The Valeyard
Kikaichuu!!

Send a message via MSN to The Valeyard
Well that was interesting, there's now a back story to this arc, even if the names are lame. Enjoyable episode once again, and i get the feeling that Gennou is different from the other filler villains (not in a trio, doesn't wear lipstick ) and hopefully he's so crazed/mad/determined he won't fall under the age old Naruto makes him good trap.

Fillers often have really crappy endings, but if they can pull this one off, it will probably be the highlight of the fillers for me.

I think Gennou's plan is to:

Spoiler:
The Valeyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-15, 06:30   Link #29
Mangs
So sexy it hurts

Send a message via AIM to Mangs Send a message via MSN to Mangs Send a message via Skype™ to Mangs
That might be his plan, but for a filler, you know it would never succeed.

I have faith in the fact that the new intro will be to celebrate, but as we all know, when it comes to Naruto fillers, you excpect the worst!

I do have a theory that they try to increase the quality of the last, remaining fillers so that the difference between the fillers and the main story won't be as huge. So these comming episodes might be very good!
Old 2006-09-15, 07:45   Link #30
The Valeyard
Kikaichuu!!

Quote:
Well, my main arguments are two:
There's a new intro after the Special episode. If it doesnt mean that this intro is for Part 2, then it'll be for yet ANOTHER filler streak (grr), which means that if 206 isnt part 2, then it's a start for ~15-20 more fillers..
The other point is the 3-episode filler special. We have never gotten a 90 minute special before, and I think that this is some kind of weird celebration that the fillers will end. I dont think it'll be there just for no reason. (Normally specials are compensation for weeks without episode, but also for "celebration" for special episodes)
What is the song for the new intro ?

And the reason given for the 90 minute special is that Naruto is moving to thursdays, it says so in the preview....although i'm inclined to agree with you that this could be a bit for than that.
Old 2006-09-15, 08:11   Link #31
zamme
Wandering Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Valeyard
What is the song for the new intro ?

And the reason given for the 90 minute special is that Naruto is moving to thursdays, it says so in the preview....although i'm inclined to agree with you that this could be a bit for than that.
We dont know the song.

Hmm, I dont think that really makes any sence, giving us a 90 minute special just because they're changing airtime? Doesnt it just say that we are getting a 90 special AND the airtime is moving to thursday, not that it would necessarily be its reason?

The one man fanclub!
He just took a time out.
Old 2006-09-15, 08:47   Link #32
The Valeyard
Kikaichuu!!

What is your source on episode 206 being the new intro by the way ? Ive been looking around and can't find any info.

Quote:
Hmm, I dont think that really makes any sence, giving us a 90 minute special just because they're changing airtime? Doesnt it just say that we are getting a 90 special AND the airtime is moving to thursday, not that it would necessarily be its reason?
The full titles for 203-205 is:

Commemorating Naruto's Move to Thursdays!
Confrontation between Love and Hate, Students and Teachers...
Genin and Jounin all come together in this rampaging 90-minute special!

Last edited by The Valeyard; 2006-09-15 at 09:07.
Old 2006-09-16, 01:47   Link #33
Guido

Gennou's situation reminds a likely scenario to the Japanese soldiers lost and found in the islands at the South Seas, who were not awared that their country lost the war, and still kept on vigilant and fighting. Of course, there are differences that make it unlikely.

Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-16, 14:31   Link #34
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Damn a cliffhanger! And just when it's getting interesting too
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-17, 15:51   Link #35
Rein Masamuri

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasqui85
im confused, can someone clear things up for me... at the end it said naruto 90min thing arirs october 5th. Does that mean no Naruto until then..?? thx in advance =D
How could you possibly glean that?
203-205 is the 90 minute special (which you would have known had you read anything in this thread instead of just posting your non-sensicals).
We just had episode 200. Their are two wednesdays between now and october 5th hence two episodes inbetween which means each week will indeed have another episode.
I know who's getting a calendar for christmas ( ')_,( ')
Rein Masamuri is offline   Reply With Quote