AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Old 2006-09-25, 18:10   Link #21
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyw1988
The girl will probably play the role similar to that of stellar who fueled the hate between shinn and Kira.

Note: the part where Dante taunts an injured Nero and Nero says "Now I know what this hand is for, its to send ppl like you back to hell!!" Really awesome stuff.

I am hoping for a two disc special that plays out like RE2 ie. Dante one disc and nero the other. But they better do a better job than DMC2... >_<
I think that scenario is quite likely. I'm sure they heard the responses to the addition of Vergil as a playable character in 3. People liked having a second character that really played differently but lamented the lack of a fleshed-out campaign for Vergil. Plus, Dante's controls are already fully-fleshed out and polished. If they have the budget to create content (levels) for him, then there's no other reason why they couldn't make him playable and make fans really happy. Otherwise, they're stuck with a DMC game where you never play as Dante- I just don't see that happening.
Old 2006-09-26, 07:04   Link #22
cyw1988
Japaholic

Send a message via MSN to cyw1988
So do I but the way they do the 2 disc mode better not be like DMC 2... It has to play out like RE2(probably the best 2 individual character game capcom has ever done)... anything less is a letdown. Also Its nice to see Dante hasn't really lost his cockiness from DMC 3...
cyw1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-05, 19:54   Link #23
ninjuichi

*I saw no rules saying old threads shouldn't be bumped but if that is the case, I'll delete this message and start a new thread*

Alot has happened in a year, but here's the latest:
http://gamevideos.com/video/id/16002
http://gamevideos.com/video/id/16006
http://gamevideos.com/video/id/16004
http://gamevideos.com/video/id/16004
http://gamevideos.com/video/id/16001

All I have to say is "Eww" as far as Gloria's concerned. I'm all for slutty, but... no.
ninjuichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-06, 21:52   Link #24
Rotton the Wizard
head slam magnet v. 2.0!

This is so my projected action GOTY for 2008. Everything looks like it's been improved from DMC 3 to the point where Capcom can almost do no wrong to the game.
Old 2008-02-05, 18:09   Link #25
Jays

Devil May Cry 4

I haven't seen a thread about it, so I thought I would make one. Just got it today, and it's awesome. I've been fiending for a good game ever since I was totally let down by Ninja Gaiden Sigma, so today I just rushed to my local EB Games and got this gem. If you have a PS3 or 360, then this is worth it.

Jays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-05, 21:35   Link #26
matt4212

I played the demo, which made me want to get it, so I hope to get it tomorrow.
matt4212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-05, 21:51   Link #27
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

"needs to wait till April till the PC Version comes out since Shikimori-san doesn't own a ps3 or a 360..."
Shikimori Kazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-05, 22:21   Link #28
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

WOOT already got my Collectors version pre ordered
gonna pick it up after school 2morrow
Old 2008-02-06, 22:38   Link #29
mcruz1014
Eye Have You

Send a message via Yahoo to mcruz1014
Just started playing it.... and from what I can see so far, the story actually looks a little feasible. Hopefully it doesnt get too corny like the other DMC's.

Currently Watching: Da Capo II Second Season, Kure-nai, Macross Frontier, Code Geass, Nijuuu Mensou no Musume
mcruz1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-07, 01:40   Link #30
p997tt
= Porsche 997 Twin Turbo

I played the demo and quite enjoyed it. The gameplay is pretty much the same as the older DMC which is fine for me.

Yesterday I placed an order for the US CE, hopefully it will be here next week (game + shipping is still cheaper than buying the PAL version here).
Sources - E-MU 1212m, Monarchy Audio NM24 tube DAC | Amplification - Stax SRM-727A | Headphones - Stax SR-007A Omega II | Cables - Zu Oxyfuel, Bluejeans Belden 1694A, Crystal Cable Standard power cord
p997tt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-08, 00:47   Link #31
faredreamer

I just finished it. It's probably my fave DMC game so far. The difficulty was perfect and Nero's exceed system is cool and has so much depth. The cutscenes were simply fantastic. Story had some nice plot twists too!
faredreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-08, 09:17   Link #32
Fynal_Fyre
Sanae moe over 9000

Send a message via MSN to Fynal_Fyre
Well, difficulty was spot on, gameplay was smooth, solid and fast-paced and stylish as usual, running at a steady 60fps.

And............

Spoiler for Bosses:

It's not sad anymore| Insanity and rants

Fynal_Fyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-09, 16:18   Link #33
Lesca

From what I've played so far it's looking like a good game, Never played the demo first but since I've always loved the DMC series couldn't pass up on it.

For those who did get the CE version, what did you get with it? I've heard of some countries getting some extra things in theirs.
Old 2008-02-10, 00:10   Link #34
KickHopper
[Never Give Up]
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to KickHopper Send a message via MSN to KickHopper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesca View Post
From what I've played so far it's looking like a good game, Never played the demo first but since I've always loved the DMC series couldn't pass up on it.

For those who did get the CE version, what did you get with it? I've heard of some countries getting some extra things in theirs.
From http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/15013/...ion-Announced/

Quote:
Devil May Cry 4 Collector’s Edition contains the following extras:

• Volume 1 of ADV Film’s Devil May Cry: The Animated Series on DVD, including four complete episodes of the anime (a retail value of $29.99)
• Unique Steelbook™ metal case
• Bonus DVD
o Making of Devil May Cry 4
o Music from the soundtrack
o Digital artbook
o PC content (screen savers, wallpapers, icons)

[R.I.P Lisa Chung : A Truly Remarkable Person.]
KickHopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-10, 00:18   Link #35
Cyz
"Show it to me"

The whole installation took forever to finish before you even played the game. As for the game itself, the only complain I got is the annoying camera angles but I guess it's not surprising to me since I did played the past DMC. Oh and just beat the 2nd stage boss. Really cool!
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-10, 01:01   Link #36
Chaos2Frozen
:)

Completed the game in "Devil Hunter mode" yesterday morning I guess I'm lucky to have the game out on Chinese New Year, plenty of time to play

The difficulty I encountered is adjusting to Dante's play style after 10 over missions playing as Nero

I find Nero an easier character to play

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fynal_Fyre View Post

Spoiler for Bosses:
I find Berial more straight-forward... But then again, I had played the demo like, 5 times

On first try, my easiest encounter is the third demon-lord.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-10, 02:23   Link #37
Fynal_Fyre
Sanae moe over 9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Completed the game in "Devil Hunter mode" yesterday morning I guess I'm lucky to have the game out on Chinese New Year, plenty of time to play

The difficulty I encountered is adjusting to Dante's play style after 10 over missions playing as Nero

I find Nero an easier character to play

I find Berial more straight-forward... But then again, I had played the demo like, 5 times

On first try, my easiest encounter is the third demon-lord.
Really? I found the 2nd Demon-Lord to be the Easiest. He'd be a lot worse if he summoned all his "Brothers" to the battlefield.

And yeah, Dante's hard to adjust to after Nero, but he has cheap attacks to tide you over while you get used to his many different playstyles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickHopper View Post
It's also extremely rare, but it's possibly one of the best bundles I've seen since the Halo 3 Legendary Edition or Bioshock Collector's edition.

The Assassin's Creed one was....meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz View Post
The whole installation took forever to finish before you even played the game. As for the game itself, the only complain I got is the annoying camera angles but I guess it's not surprising to me since I did played the past DMC. Oh and just beat the 2nd stage boss. Really cool!
PS3? Right? Is it true that the installation reduces Load times to near-zero?

And if you like that Boss, you'll love the others

Old 2008-02-10, 02:23   Link #38
Jays

When you start playing as Dante, that's when the real pace of the game speeds up, which is something I almost instantenously noticed. It reminded me a lot of number 3, but I suppose I didn't mind, however it was fun and nice change of pace. I always felt that Nero lacked that ability to just completely overpower his opponents even with the Exceed function, like Dante does with his styles.

Although I found that raising your style ranking was just as difficult as it was with Dante back in DMC3. Still it was fun to play as him, and it just feels refreshing like it's to kick some serious ass.

Oh and Trish is hot, too hot, wayyy too hot; she and Dante argue like a married couple.
Jays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-10, 02:44   Link #39
Chaos2Frozen
:)

Quote:
Really? I found the 2nd Demon-Lord to be the Easiest. He'd be a lot worse if he summoned all his "Brothers" to the battlefield.

I was busy trying to find the weak spot for Bael So much so that I didn't pay attention to it's different moves...

Embarrassing , but I got eaten afew times...

Quote:
And yeah, Dante's hard to adjust to after Nero, but he has cheap attacks to tide you over while you get used to his many different playstyles.
I don't know, I find Nero's play style alot easier to use with straight forward attacks, his Devil Bringer is awesome in every fight Make any fight simpler, especially against bosses when they are vulnerable

Dante's play style seems to rely abit on switching... Styles and weapons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays View Post

Although I found that raising your style ranking was just as difficult as it was with Dante back in DMC3. Still it was fun to play as him, and it just feels refreshing like it's to kick some serious ass.
I don't know, feels easier to me

The hardest for me has to be dealing with the secret missions...

Oh, and Lady looks alot better in this game too
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-10, 04:08   Link #40
Fynal_Fyre
Sanae moe over 9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I was busy trying to find the weak spot for Bael So much so that I didn't pay attention to it's different moves...

Embarrassing , but I got eaten afew times...
Oh, yeah, his cheap Bite attack.

Well, I didn't get it much, on both Human and Devil Hunter...maybe I was just lucky, but all he did was jump away mostly and try to flatten me to death.

Spoiler for Difficulty levels: