AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2006-09-08, 19:09   Link #1
Gearhead
Metroid of Humor

Seikon no Quasar

I'm going to tuck my observations and running commentary on this into spoilers... Just for the sake of not hacking people off... I don't speak Japanese, though, so my own mileage is a bit limited.

If you want it.. eh.. look for Seikon no Keisa. I'm not telling you where.

Spoiler:
Gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-08, 19:50   Link #2
Xellos-_^
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead
I'm going to tuck my observations and running commentary on this into spoilers... Just for the sake of not hacking people off... I don't speak Japanese, though, so my own mileage is a bit limited.

If you want it.. eh.. look for Seikon no Keisa. I'm not telling you where.

Spoiler:
He is power by breast milk

so who does he get the milk form and how

Last edited by Xellos-_^; 2006-09-08 at 21:52.
Xellos-_^ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-08, 20:10   Link #3
Gearhead
Metroid of Humor

The nun.
Old 2006-09-09, 02:00   Link #4
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
I heard that Chapter 1 is reveled
The Next Chapter continue now?
IchiKyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-09, 07:27   Link #5
Gearhead
Metroid of Humor

Champion RED is a monthly publication. It came out some time in the middle of last month, so it's maybe a week or two (two at the absolute most) before chapter 2 comes out.
Old 2006-09-09, 07:54   Link #6
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
Ok thanks
Old 2006-09-09, 09:23   Link #7
Gearhead
Metroid of Humor

One nice thing about it being monthly, each installment is larger than an average chapter. The debut chapter was over 50 pages long.
Old 2006-10-01, 06:06   Link #8
Durandir

someone nows where i can get chapter 1 of this serie?

its realy inportend il startet to clear the second chapter so i can edit it after i got the translation but still i need chapter 1 for the start!
Durandir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-01, 06:23   Link #9
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Give me the Chapter 2 on PM and I give you the Chapter 1 on PM (I only have RAW)
Old 2006-10-02, 09:59   Link #10
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

Are you sure that is the correct spelling to use, Gearhead? "Seikon no Keisa" nets a whopping ten results on Google and zero on TorrentDB, IsoHunt or MiniNova.

*Pokes Google irately* Only the second chapter can be found...

Yo dawg, I heard you like QB...

Thanks MAEt for the av!
WarpObscura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-02, 21:05   Link #11
I love waffles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IchiKyo
Give me the Chapter 2 on PM and I give you the Chapter 1 on PM (I only have RAW)
Could you give me the chapter on pm?
I love waffles! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-03, 00:47   Link #12
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

I just thinking about this
If Seikon No Quasar is not Mai Otome ...
Why is here :/
Old 2006-10-03, 06:02   Link #13
Gearhead
Metroid of Humor

Because, Ichi, the main character, Sasha, is a dead ringer for our mysterious male lead of the Otome comic who has HiME-like powers. Male Mashiro was never actually NAMED in the comic, the one place where he says his name is a silent panel.

The main enemies bear a striking resemblance to Schwartz.

And Sasha DEFINITELY has some form of matter manipulation power.. though his domain seems to be Metal instead of solidifying light. There are odd secondary effects, though, where crystals tend to form from the air when he really starts rolling... Especially when he conjures up his explosive scythe.

Ritual Scan Forge has been putting up raws. I'll see about feeding them out into the wild at some point in the very near future so folks don't have to be really on the ball, or literate in French, to find them.
Old 2006-10-03, 09:47   Link #14
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead
Because, Ichi, the main character, Sasha, is a dead ringer for our mysterious male lead of the Otome comic who has HiME-like powers. Male Mashiro was never actually NAMED in the comic, the one place where he says his name is a silent panel.

The main enemies bear a striking resemblance to Schwartz.

And Sasha DEFINITELY has some form of matter manipulation power.. though his domain seems to be Metal instead of solidifying light. There are odd secondary effects, though, where crystals tend to form from the air when he really starts rolling... Especially when he conjures up his explosive scythe.

Ritual Scan Forge has been putting up raws. I'll see about feeding them out into the wild at some point in the very near future so folks don't have to be really on the ball, or literate in French, to find them.
Hum i see :/
Well i don't really found some reference, story line or something on Otome/HIME story :/ , maybe i will wait for some translations or futur Chapter... Maybe my mind will change... Thanks
Old 2006-10-09, 17:00   Link #15
Guido

Anyone please could cast away my doubts.

Does Seikon no Quasar holds any relation to My-HiME or My-Otome at all?
Guido is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 08:02   Link #16
Gearhead
Metroid of Humor

The jury is still out, only two chapters have been released so far (it's serialized monthly as opposed to weekly). There are quite a few Otome-original characters, however, who appear as members of Sasha's class. The main villain of this initial arc also uses some early form of a REM as a weapon.

Sasha's power, though, doesn't initially seem to be derived from the solidification of light the way a HiME's is, though. His primary means of manipulation is controlling the shape of metal. By touching a metal object he can, with effort, change its form (he's fond of scythes, I think). By dragging his fingers through it, he can cut it like it was cut with a molecular edge.

He does, however, wear something that may be related to a GEM or REM in his ear that behaves VERY oddly depending on how angry he is. Likewise, he has a vicious scar that is completely invisble until he starts using his powers, then appears.. and then begins to bleed profusely.. as his power consumption rises.

Going theory is that the world that Seikon no Quasar is set in is probably the world that Sergei August called the ShadowHiME from, and Sasha is the past incarnation of the male Mashiro in the Otome comic.
Old 2006-10-20, 10:37   Link #17
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Chapter 3 Preview? It's out on Red Champion

Last edited by IchiKyo; 2006-10-20 at 12:15.
Old 2006-10-23, 01:53   Link #18
Zachariah

Is there any sources for raw 1 of Seikon? Still haven't been able to find it and the comic's been sold out already...

On another note, doesn't anyone that the new character (Teresa) resemble Alyssa?
Zachariah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-23, 07:48   Link #19
Gearhead
Metroid of Humor

I'll see what I can do about putting the raws up on at least Rapidshare once I have a moment to think. I've been working on a paper for one of my midterms that's been consuming most of my active thoughts.

Some observations on Chapter 3 while I'm at it...

Spoiler:
Old 2007-01-23, 21:30   Link #20
I love waffles!

So did everyone just forget about this manga?
I love waffles! is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, shounen