AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-09-11, 04:48   Link #61
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Back to original Topic - Lacus SEED mode ; verdict - useless
Old 2006-09-11, 04:56   Link #62
grandmaster192
Zechs, pilot of Tallgeese

The Seed mode Kira and Athrun do:

Seed mode that N is talking about:

Shinn's seed mode:

Hmm....interesting. I think Shinn's seed mode looks more like the Strike Kira seed mode then the seed mode kira and Athrun do. I wonder.....

Last edited by grandmaster192; 2006-09-11 at 05:15.
grandmaster192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-11, 07:26   Link #63
anselfir
Style Über Alles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall
Back to original Topic - Lacus SEED mode ; verdict - useless
Now now, "useless" is not a good word to use here. For one the possibility of SEED granting some sort of prescient intuition cannot be discounted, and that alone makes merely possessing SEED very "useful" to the storyline.

however, her activating the SEED while sitting there is not exactly scaring anyone, I'll concede that.

As for the different "seeding" animation, since it is just a cut animation I dont put too much weight into it.

Last edited by anselfir; 2006-09-11 at 07:40.
anselfir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-11, 07:39   Link #64
Rin-Sama
Banned

Lacus is a bitch. I believe she secretly had Flay killed in order to get Kira in the end.
Rin-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-11, 08:02   Link #65
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Quote:
Now now, "useless" is not a good word to use here. For one the possibility of SEED granting some sort of prescient intuition cannot be discounted, and that alone makes merely possessing SEED very "useful" to the storyline.
Yes now she can see herself dying a whole 2 seconds before she actually dies!

GO SEED MODE!
Sety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-11, 08:18   Link #66
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Please, look at the SEED clearly. There's clearly a substansial difference in the SEED size and their bursting method. Hardly cut animation. New animation totally.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-11, 09:21   Link #67
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by anselfir
It does absolytely nothing for her - its not like she actually DOES something that would require hightened reflexes and all - she just holds a speach and tells everyone to kiss and make up after Athrun and Kira are done blowing stuff up.

Would it change anything in the story if she would lose it ? no Lacus SEED is pure fanservice, nothing more. Same with Cagali. What a waste.
Old 2006-09-11, 09:30   Link #68
anselfir
Style Über Alles

Bleh, it is not certain what SEED is, her having it is an important part of the plot. I'm not going to rehash everything for you.
Old 2006-09-11, 09:57   Link #69
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Well from seen evidence SEED enhances ones reflexes / reaction / speed it requires to make decisions.

And Lacus SEED is as useless as having a fireplace in a MS cockpit. Especially plot-wise. At which point in the plot it was needed for her to have SEED ? Thats right - never, her having it makes no difference what so ever. Same with Cagali. While Shinn/Athrun/Kira would have been dead without it. Therefore - useless
Old 2006-09-11, 10:07   Link #70
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭

Quote:

And Lacus SEED is as useless as having a fireplace in a MS cockpit. Especially plot-wise. At which point in the plot it was needed for her to have SEED ? Thats right - never, her having it makes no difference what so ever. Same with Cagali. While Shinn/Athrun/Kira would have been dead without it. Therefore - useless
Being in a near death situation has nothing to do with it. No doubt when Kira sliced Athrun in pieces, he was not in a near-death situation.

SEED simply amplifies an individual's reflex, indlucing physical reactions and/or thought process (as far as we have seen). As a fleet commander, she may have benefited from the latter. Although we have yet to see the whole nine-yards with Lacus' SEED, at this moment, I am just gonna conclude her dilated eyes as a coloring mistake on the animator's behalf

Stay-tuned, folks.

- Tak (Although her SEED mode in games are readily helpful at any given time )

Last edited by Tak; 2006-09-11 at 10:20.
Tak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-11, 10:44   Link #71
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Well, it may turn out to be hugely significant later on.

Or it may turn out as useless as Stellar's Zaft belt. Who knows?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-11, 10:46   Link #72
anselfir
Style Über Alles

Quote:
Well from seen evidence SEED enhances ones reflexes / reaction / speed it requires to make decisions.

The mere name of SEED, superior evolution blah blah should tell you that it is something more than just heightened reflexes.
Old 2006-09-11, 10:55   Link #73
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

It might be, but its not like she NEEDS it for anything - she hardly does anything, Andy is the one who actually commands Eternal in combat :P Yes, she makes a decision here and there, but not anything major.

Her influence on people and resources (Terminal) Is her true usefullnes, and unless SEED enhances these it is quite useless for her

About Athrun's near death situation - i wasnt talking about when he got savioured - he wasnt even SEEDed then and obviously Kira is not going to kill him. I mean the original druggies when he had to fight them 1 v 3 while Kira was inside Mendel colony. (And Strike vs Aegis )

And unless SEED is what makes Lacus to be so smart and perfect as she is, she doesnt need it at all.
Old 2006-09-11, 11:23   Link #74
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭

SEED = multi-tasking = what Lacus dose (setting up arrangements and all)

- Tak
Old 2006-09-11, 11:36   Link #75
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Well then we will just have to agree to disagree I dont find SEED usefull for Lacus at all given the info we know about SEED and seing that doesnt benefit the role the Lacus fulfills
Old 2006-09-11, 11:42   Link #76
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭

Cmon, its like your computer. SEED is like a computer with -insert ridiculous number here-% upgrade in memory, CPU, hard drive space and overall processing speed.

Lacus does the same thing. She had a Strike Freedom Gundam built, a hidden militia force (no matter how small), some links here and there, and an bank account suddenly transferred elsewhere instead of staying on PLANT, where it no doubt would have had its assets frozen by Dully.

And she took less than 2 years to accomplish all that. Thats SEED mode in the works right there

- Tak (If SEED is not for fighting, its economics!)
Old 2006-09-11, 11:52   Link #77
anselfir
Style Über Alles

Now now SEED is not merely an individual trait, it is a pan-humanity evolutionary trait, (do not ask me how that works, because it doesnt) thus the SEED thing directs Lacus/other seed people just as the SEED people use seed to kick ass in MS. This is basically how everything works, a bit of magic here and there never hurts.
Old 2006-09-11, 13:03   Link #78
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Or you could accept the perfectly logical, most obvious and actual official explanation.

Its a plot device...a very cheesy one at that.
Sety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-11, 13:54   Link #79
zgmf-x19a
Divine Gundam Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmaster192
The Seed mode Kira and Athrun do:

Seed mode that N is talking about:

Shinn's seed mode:

Hmm....interesting. I think Shinn's seed mode looks more like the Strike Kira seed mode then the seed mode kira and Athrun do. I wonder.....

it's just SEED mode for me
Mind telling me the differences? lol
zgmf-x19a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-11, 14:08   Link #80
anselfir
Style Über Alles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sety
Or you could accept the perfectly logical, most obvious and actual official explanation.

Its a plot device...a very cheesy one at that.
Well, it is quite clear and logically presented that SEED is not some random plot hole swiss knife plot hole plugger, there are actually developments of this idea that makes it more part of the plot than a plot device. Not that plot devices are not a part of the plot, but given how SEED is integrated into everything I'd say it is a critical part of the plot.

I would say that if the plotline of the SEED is discarded, a lot of things will fall apart.