AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-09-11, 20:14   Link #81
KimikoNess

Seed explained in detail here:

http://seedgenesis.net/index.php?action=seedacro

looks like everyone is capable of having it.
KimikoNess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-12, 01:01   Link #82
grandmaster192
Zechs, pilot of Tallgeese

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgmf-x19a
it's just SEED mode for me
Mind telling me the differences? lol
Umm....They look different??? Ask Night. He's the one that that brung it up. I was justing posting that pics.
grandmaster192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-12, 09:27   Link #83
anselfir
Style Über Alles

The SEED bursting sequences certainly look different, for Athrun and Kira, the two most experienced SEEDers, plus the "evolution" in SEED kinda suggests different stages of SEED. I do not think these stages are "modes," nor do I think calling a stage berserker is accurate. There are baby seeds and grown up seeds.
Old 2006-09-12, 09:48   Link #84
grandmaster192

Quote:
Originally Posted by anselfir
The SEED bursting sequences certainly look different, for Athrun and Kira, the two most experienced SEEDers, plus the "evolution" in SEED kinda suggests different stages of SEED. I do not think these stages are "modes," nor do I think calling a stage berserker is accurate. There are baby seeds and grown up seeds.
Then what would you call the Seed Shinn does?
Old 2006-09-12, 10:33   Link #85
anselfir
Style Über Alles

Eh, initial SEED? Since there are only a few instances in which we see SEED doing its work, we cannot reliably figure out what exactly SEED does, since with each instance there are different emotions and other conditions at play. I would say that there are various subtle hints and they are there for a reason.
Old 2006-09-12, 10:40   Link #86
AirMaster
キャシャーン

Send a message via MSN to AirMaster Send a message via Skype™ to AirMaster
In G Generation DS, her SEED mode unlocks her "heal all allies" special. =X
<AirMaster> fascinating
<AirMaster> mind telling me more?
<Deacon_Blues> qu4ck
AirMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-12, 10:56   Link #87
grandmaster192

Quote:
Eh, initial SEED? Since there are only a few instances in which we see SEED doing its work, we cannot reliably figure out what exactly SEED does, since with each instance there are different emotions and other conditions at play. I would say that there are various subtle hints and they are there for a reason.
Not really sure what your saying......Do you mean Kira/Cagalli=baby seed. Kira/Athrun=adult Seed and Shinn seed mode=???
Old 2006-09-12, 11:27   Link #88
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirMaster
In G Generation DS, her SEED mode unlocks her "heal all allies" special. =X
Ha, then you got cheated! In generation CE, she doesn't even need SEED to do that!

Quote:
The SEED bursting sequences certainly look different, for Athrun and Kira, the two most experienced SEEDers, plus the "evolution" in SEED kinda suggests different stages of SEED.
I don't think the series ever explained the various stages of SEED, nor did they indicate there were various stages of SEED. Just because their SEEDing sequence look different does not imply their SEEDs are different. So far, we've not seen anything beyond heightened reflexes and increased thought process.

Kira is different, because he might have New Type powers in conjunction to SEED, but we are not told how that influences his SEED, yet.

- Tak
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-12, 14:44   Link #89
Renegade334
Exitus Acta Probat
*Graphic Designer

There is also the possibility that every character has his own type of SEED and the way it breaks depends on the said person's maturity, proficiency with the SEED, physical shape, mind state and perhaps, the type of trigger for the heightened sense of awareness and brain activity, like either anger, despair, stress, defensive feeling, etc.

I also wonder if, if the SEED mode is, by theory, a factor that influences Mankind's path of evolution, if those who have SEEDed very frequently during the lifetime have an offspring that will evolve faster than other human beings and, in a few dozen generations, will give birth to individuals biologically more advanced than their contemporaries. I know it's farfetched, but I can't help but wonder whether the SEED will have an effect on how the SEEDer's DNA will evolve throughout his or her descendants.

-- Permanently retired from the raw-hunting business --
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-12, 16:54   Link #90
zgmf-x19a
Divine Gundam Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334
There is also the possibility that every character has his own type of SEED and the way it breaks depends on the said person's maturity, proficiency with the SEED, physical shape, mind state and perhaps, the type of trigger for the heightened sense of awareness and brain activity, like either anger, despair, stress, defensive feeling, etc.

I also wonder if, if the SEED mode is, by theory, a factor that influences Mankind's path of evolution, if those who have SEEDed very frequently during the lifetime have an offspring that will evolve faster than other human beings and, in a few dozen generations, will give birth to individuals biologically more advanced than their contemporaries. I know it's farfetched, but I can't help but wonder whether the SEED will have an effect on how the SEEDer's DNA will evolve throughout his or her descendants.

You should remember that Coordinators have lower fecundity than Naturals it's harder for them to have offsprings maybe those "evolved" offsprings will solve that problem though
zgmf-x19a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-12, 17:08   Link #91
Renegade334
Exitus Acta Probat
*Graphic Designer

And SEED is not only available to Coordinators but to Naturals too as Cagalli demonstrated - and the fact that being either a Coordie or a Nat is irrelevant to the SEED mode's disponibility and is official. The only problem is that Naturals might have more difficulty SEEDing.

The only exception to the rule concerning third generations would be with Kira and his descendants. Should he marry Lacus (who is, IIRC, a second gen. Coordinator) and have children, the womb problem should technically be resolved in their genes - since that was what Ulen Hibiki wanted to overcome first and foremost (along with a few other things like creating the supreme Coordinator design).

Old 2006-09-12, 17:15   Link #92
zgmf-x19a
Divine Gundam Pilot

Are you sure she is a 2nd generation coordinator?
I thought she was a 1st generation coordinator but I may be wrong we never had a chance to see Lacus's mother
zgmf-x19a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-12, 17:55   Link #93
Renegade334
Exitus Acta Probat
*Graphic Designer

According to GundamOfficial, Siegel Clyne was born in CE22, while George Glenn revealed the Coordinator gene manipulation procedures in CE15 just before taking off for Jupiter with the Jupitris-ripoff, Tsiolkovsky space exploration vessel. That means that Siegel is undoubtedly a 1st generation Coordinator and under the assumption that he married around his age, Lacus can only be a 2nd generation Coordinator. Unless he married someone more than a decade younger than him and possibly already a 2nd gen. Coordie, Lacus can successfully bear children without risking stillbirths due to an instable womb.

Old 2006-09-12, 18:07   Link #94
anselfir
Style Über Alles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334
Lacus can successfully bear children without risking stillbirths due to an instable womb.
We will see more of that in the future for sure.

I guess SEED is CE's way of getting to(evolving to) newtype powers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmaster192
Not really sure what your saying......Do you mean Kira/Cagalli=baby seed. Kira/Athrun=adult Seed and Shinn seed mode=???
The GSD athrun and kira seeds look different from the less experienced seeds like shinn or cagalli's.
Old 2006-09-12, 18:14   Link #95
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭

Quote:

I think its the other way around. Its CE's way of having Newtype powers evolving into SEED. Or simply having SEED and New Type powers as two distinctive paths to human evolution and/or mutation.

Mwu, Raw, Ray and Kira all displayed traits of newtype powers. However, only one has SEED.

- Tak
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-12, 18:16   Link #96
anselfir
Style Über Alles

Ah well, something is going on there for sure. We'll see. Since this is the ultimate open plot hole.
Old 2006-09-13, 10:10   Link #97
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
Put into spoiler tags for space. >.>;;

Spoiler:

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Eidolon Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-13, 10:54   Link #98
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Anh_Minh; 2006-09-13 at 12:01.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-13, 16:00   Link #99
grandmaster192

Quote:

The GSD athrun and kira seeds look different from the less experienced seeds like shinn or cagalli's.
But then Shinn has a different looking seed then everyone. Whats up with that?
Old 2006-09-13, 17:46   Link #100
anselfir
Style Über Alles

I guess he is special. :/ There was something about Shinn's SEED having great potential, at least combat-wise. But the difference is probably there because they didn't feel like using the same old animation.