AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2006-09-10, 12:57   Link #1
Soulnin
Seeking a new anime

[Manga] If Yamoto did have the chance to get 'serious'...

...against Sasuke, how far would he have been able to take him? I mean he seemed to be fairly good on the offensive once Sasuke was distracted by Naruto. Yeah Sasuke was about to do 'that' jutsu, but still. I very much doubt Sasuke would have been captured, but I still think Yamoto would have held his own.
Soulnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-10, 13:04   Link #2
Rurik
Golden

Well, If you have asked me in that particular Chapter I oulwd had said that Yamatos seriusness was not going ot be much help. but after what I have seen in recent chapters, I have changed my mind.

BUt I don't think that Yamato could had done something to stop that Jutsu or survived it.
Old 2006-09-10, 13:07   Link #3
tramadrama
Jaice Novak's Disciple

That's still in the air for me. I thought Yamato was a lame when that happened. But just because Yamato is that good in recent chapters, you have to wonder, could Sasuke be just that much better?
tramadrama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-10, 13:08   Link #4
Soulnin
Seeking a new anime

Thats what I thought. So I went back to re-read 307-309 and being as the quality is alot better this time around I can see Sasuke actually having to do quite a bit to evade Yamoto.
Soulnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-10, 14:56   Link #5
s-class uchiha
Naruto = Painful

I think a Konoha jounin on Yamato's level can take Sasuke.

Idon't know about defeating him. Sasuke is def. a wild card. I don' t think Yamato could've killed a 13 yr old Itachi pre-MS Anbu captain. Though, that is Itachi not Sasuke, a pre-MS (rather non-MS) Sasuke~16 under the tutelage of Orochimaru w/ CS2 is nothing to play around with.

I don't think Sasuke could defeat kakashi or gai (b/c they can handle the sharingan), but as for Yamato, though he may be stronger, the sharingan def. puts him at a significant disadvantage.
s-class uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-10, 15:10   Link #6
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Even Sandaime had a very hard time against Mokuton jutsu. If Yamato's performance comes close to this, then Sasuke will definitely have a hard time against it in terms of defending, despite his Sharingan. Note that, wooden spikes created by the jutsu can be considered similar to the conscious chakra layer formed around Naruto. We know that Sasuke wasn't able to predict the movements of that chakra layer. If the spikes are formed in a random manner, and if Sasuke is caught in between them, then he will most probably get injured by them.

Yamato is also very good with earth and water related jutsus. We know how much he is capable of based on what we saw especially in the recent chapters. If Sasuke decides to attack Yamato rather than flee like his master, then he is bound to suffer some pain.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-10, 15:15   Link #7
tramadrama
Jaice Novak's Disciple

With Sasuke being able to channel Chidori through more than just his forearm/hand area, wouldn't that be a possible counter to the spikes?
Old 2006-09-10, 15:26   Link #8
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by tramadrama
With Sasuke being able to channel Chidori through more than just his forearm/hand area, wouldn't that be a possible counter to the spikes?
The number of times he can use Chidori is limited, that will not change. And chidori is not exactly a multi-defensive technique (can defend against a single attack like Rasengan), the version of chidori that acts like a defense refers to what we saw from Sasuke just recently. Its power wasn't enough to kill his opponents, I highly doubt it has the power to destroy a lot of incoming spikes.

He can always use his cursed seal mode 2, to escape from the scene.
Old 2006-09-10, 15:33   Link #9
tramadrama
Jaice Novak's Disciple

I wonder what Sasuke's limit is now, almost 3 years later. I wonder just how developed of a ninja he has become because where we are watching Naruto train with brute strength, Sasuke is smart as well as powerful. I can't wait to see his full return instead of some cameo.
Old 2006-09-10, 15:41   Link #10
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

There are two areas that Naruto should definitely win against Sasuke, and those are stamina and chakra capacity.

But, to be consistent with the story flow (in reality, to prevent Naruto going ahead of Kishi's favorite character), I guess they should currently share the same level of chakra capacity. And that means, 4*2=8 Chidoris a day.
Old 2006-09-10, 15:43   Link #11
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt
The number of times he can use Chidori is limited, that will not change. And chidori is not exactly a multi-defensive technique (can defend against a single attack like Rasengan), the version of chidori that acts like a defense refers to what we saw from Sasuke just recently. Its power wasn't enough to kill his opponents, I highly doubt it has the power to destroy a lot of incoming spikes.

He can always use his cursed seal mode 2, to escape from the scene.
I would say it's different, just because it did not killed humans, does not means that the impact on wooden spikes should be no different. Chidory nagashi could be a controlled electric shock where Sasuke decides the intensity of the charge.

He also can use Katon Jutsus to burn the wood away.
Old 2006-09-10, 15:50   Link #12
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik
He also can use Katon Jutsus to burn the wood away.
Sasuke can do that, but Yamato can stop that attack using a water or an earth based technique. And the amount of time Sasuke can use the fire jutsu should be smaller than the Mokuton technique.
Old 2006-09-10, 15:56   Link #13
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Sasuke can do that, but Yamato can stop that attack using a water or an earth based technique. And the amount of time Sasuke can use the fire jutsu should be smaller than the Mokuton technique.
Sure, if plot favors Yamato it could happen, but if it favors Sasuke, it would not happen, So we really don't know. you are basing your opinion on Pre-timeskip Sasuke.
Old 2006-09-10, 15:57   Link #14
Yellow Flash
Banned

I really doubt Yamato can do anything once Sasuke gets serious.
Yellow Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-10, 16:39   Link #15
Slayerx

Not to sure how yamato would fair, but i think in the end it would be sasuke that would come out on top...

Kakashi is the senpai of Yamato, and therefore we can assume he is stronger, kakshi>yamato... With the development of Naruto's new jutsu, Naruto is supposedly going to surpass Kakashi (or close to it), Naruto>=kakashi... And if the power balance between naruto and sasuke is supposed to remain, it would mean that sasuke should be about the same level as naruto after he develops his jutsu, sasuke=naruto... therefore, Sasuke>yamato
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-10, 16:50   Link #16
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx
Kakashi is the senpai of Yamato, and therefore we can assume he is stronger, kakshi>yamato... With the development of Naruto's new jutsu, Naruto is supposedly going to surpass Kakashi (or close to it), Naruto>=kakashi... And if the power balance between naruto and sasuke is supposed to remain, it would mean that sasuke should be about the same level as naruto after he develops his jutsu, sasuke=naruto... therefore, Sasuke>yamato
Your logic at your first sentence fails later on. Since Kakashi is Naruto's sensei (a better position than senpai), then Naruto should always be < than Kakashi.
Old 2006-09-10, 17:28   Link #17
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Right now i think that Sasuke may be overrated...first of all we dont know anything about Sasuke's hidden jutsu....

The fact is Sasuke had to use his Sharingan (which he normally would use when he really needs to)

I also think that the cursed seal is history...and shouldnt be brought up again.

Think of it...Naruto - Sasuke matched eachother evenly...

I seriously doubt Sasuke can damage Orochimaru that much as Naruto 4 tails did.
BUT Naruto was to fight from now on with his own strenght which wasnt enough.

Sasuke in this case was further ahead. With his own skill. Which is why Naruto is training right now..

Yamato is a top elite amoung ANBU...with special abilities..there is no way he can be dealt with easily. I doubt Sasuke can seriously take out Yamato.

Like s-class uchiha said Sasuke's Sharingan puts him in an advantage position above anyone without it. Or in another way puts the others in an disadvantage.

So far things are progressing steadly so i see no reason why Sasuke would be already that powerfull....
Old 2006-09-10, 17:54   Link #18
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx
Not to sure how yamato would fair, but i think in the end it would be sasuke that would come out on top...

Come on... just because Kakashi says something to Naruto to cheer him up and give him the self confidence it's not like Naruto will suddenly become a smart fighter. Even if Naruto will come up with a superior jutsu and has other super-jutsu like summoning Gamabunta it does not mean that he could beat Kakashi. We already saw that raw power can be beaten by a smart and experienced ninja. Also we know that Kakashi has MS now, that's a big advantage for him, it's difficult to even estimate the power of someone who can handle MS. So i would not use Kakashi in this debate as a measuring stick to determine Yamato's power level.

Naruto is currently definitely weaker than Sasuke, even if he has "that" jutsu from the training with Jiraiya. However it's likely that the "that" jutsu mentioned before going to the sand village was simply the transformation to 4 tails, i just hope that it's a real jutsu that Naruto was not able to master and is risky to use. Other than that Naruto has almost nothing very special at the moment and he is acting like an idiot. So in my opinion the new jutsu in itself will not make Naruto instantly equal to Sasuke. So neither Naruto should be used to estimate Yamato's power.

Both Yamato and Sasuke have special bloodlines, however we know that sharingan is so overpowered that it's better than any other bloodline. Sasuke also has almost 3 years of training with a sannin, the best sannin. Also Sasuke had nothing else in his mind for that time, just to become stronger, and he is a ninja genius like Neji. Also Sasuke has CS from Oro.
Yamato's advantage is his experince, nothing else. So i vote for Sasuke being stronger.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-10, 18:20   Link #19
cheese4u
da big boss

[QUOTE=Ero-Senn1n]Come on... just because Kakashi says something to Naruto to cheer him up and give him the self confidence it's not like Naruto will suddenly become a smart fighter. Even if Naruto will come up with a superior jutsu and has other super-jutsu like summoning Gamabunta it does not mean that he could beat Kakashi.[QUOTE]

This would be true in any other situation except for the fact that Kikashi said himself that Naruto would be stronger than him. Meaning that currently Naruto is on the brink of surpassing Kikashi.

Quote:
We already saw that raw power can be beaten by a smart and experienced ninja.
That's true but Naruto has beaten smart and experience ninja.

Quote:
Also we know that Kakashi has MS now, that's a big advantage for him, it's difficult to even estimate the power of someone who can handle MS.
Kikashi can barely use Sharingan without passing out. MS is formidable but not something to be used often, like Naruto's techniques. Even Itachi seems to have a little trouble with MS.

Quote:
So i would not use Kakashi in this debate as a measuring stick to determine Yamato's power level.
Agreed.

Quote:
Naruto is currently definitely weaker than Sasuke, even if he has "that" jutsu from the training with Jiraiya.
He's weaker but not by as much as you seem to be implying. Naruto never actually fought Sasuke so we can't say for sure.

Quote:
However it's likely that the "that" jutsu mentioned before going to the sand village was simply the transformation to 4 tails, i just hope that it's a real jutsu that Naruto was not able to master and is risky to use.
That's debatable. I'm almost ninety percent certain that "That Jutsu" is not 4-tails.

Quote:
Other than that Naruto has almost nothing very special at the moment and he is acting like an idiot.
He has nothing very special that we know of, remember Naruto has been relying more on Kyuubi then his own techniques, so we don't know what he knows. You honestly think Naruto trained for three years and the only thing he learned is how to summon a shuriken?

Quote:
So in my opinion the new jutsu in itself will not make Naruto instantly equal to Sasuke. So neither Naruto should be used to estimate Yamato's power.
Nothing is instantaneous, and if this jutsu doesn't make Naruto at least equal in strength to Sasuke then what's the whole point in doing it?

Quote:
Both Yamato and Sasuke have special bloodlines, however we know that sharingan is so overpowered that it's better than any other bloodline.
That's an opinion.

Quote:
Sasuke also has almost 3 years of training with a sannin, the best sannin.
Naruto also has three years of training with a sannin. And it's not about who's the best, but rather who's the best teacher.

Quote:
Also Sasuke had nothing else in his mind for that time, just to become stronger, and he is a ninja genius like Neji. Also Sasuke has CS from Oro.
Yamato's advantage is his experince, nothing else. So i vote for Sasuke being stronger.
Yamato is a jonin with experience and a kekkei genkai. The only thing Sasuke has is a kekkei genkai, CS, and an attitude. We haven't seen Yamato go all out in one fight yet so we can't say for certain what he can do. But we do know what Sasuke can do and more importantly what he cannot do, he cannot copy Yamato wood jutsu so that puts him at a disadvantage, since Yamato does almost exclusively wood jutsu. That's not going to completely rule out Sharingan but it's most certainly going to knock it down quite a few notches, then Sasuke would have to rely on his non Sharingan strength. Which would mean we'd basically be looking at Wood jutsu(Kekkei genkai-advantage), and not being able to use Sharingan completely(very slight kekkei genkai, disadvantage) You do the math.
Ya know, when a man works hard his entire life enduring hundreds of ladies, many of whom he does not even remember you'd like to think that at the end of the day he will be given a lot of money, without having had to earn it. -Leon Phelps
cheese4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-10, 20:17   Link #20
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Even Sandaime had a very hard time against Mokuton jutsu. If Yamato's performance comes close to this, then Sasuke will definitely have a hard time against it in terms of defending, despite his Sharingan. Note that, wooden spikes created by the jutsu can be considered similar to the conscious chakra layer formed around Naruto. We know that Sasuke wasn't able to predict the movements of that chakra layer. If the spikes are formed in a random manner, and if Sasuke is caught in between them, then he will most probably get injured by them.
I don't see Yamato's wood similar than the Kyubi's chakra at all, if I had to compare it to something it would be Gaara's sand (ie a moving chakra-imbued stuff) which we did see Sasuke avoiding precisely when he charged the Sand Egg against Gaara. The power of the Chidori Nagashi was enough to shred Yamato's wood during the chapter 308 so it should still be the same anyway.

I don't really scale Sasuke's level right now, I do think he could beat Yamato but how much power should he use for that I'm not sure. Base mode? CS mode? CS2 full power?
I dunno.
The few we saw and heard about him was just enough to say that he's mean to be very strong, strong enough for his growth supposed to be unnatural thanks to special drugs and/or Kinjutsu but not strong enough to take on Itachi.
That place him above Neji who's however a jounin, possibly somewhere near Yamato, Kakashi, etc. possibly even above them at full power and below someone like Itachi.

The truth is Sasuke's level is entirely dependant of Naruto's. The stronger Naruto will get the better Sasuke will be. Simple as that.

Last edited by Hunter; 2006-09-10 at 21:11.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote