AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2006-09-25, 23:08   Link #261
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New York, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by mantidor
great idea! I did feel that it had something missing, and I like this version more.



but I still feel I could do something else... I don't know.
Sorry, but I cannot offer any more advice since I love that final version.
__________________

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline  
Old 2006-09-26, 00:16   Link #262
Rin-Sama
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Rin's apartment
ok my final entries. although im still thinking about adding something to the 2nd one....

1.

2.

3.
Rin-Sama is offline  
Old 2006-09-26, 01:43   Link #263
jeishun
</3
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: California, USA
Send a message via AIM to jeishun
Hello, well I barely found out about this contest today so I decided to give it a shot, yea kinda late.. but I tried my best on this one. Hopfully not TOO late...



Credits and thanks to Daniel E. for providing the image, I was worried where I could find a decent one..
jeishun is offline  
Old 2006-09-26, 02:02   Link #264
Daniel E.
AniMexican!
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Monterrey N.L. Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeishun
Credits and thanks to Daniel E. for providing the image, I was worried where I could find a decent one..
Glad I can be of help.

I must said that I am very impressed with the extraction you did there. You left several tiny bits of hair I didn't even bother with on my own banner; Wich goes to show how much attention you put to detail while making yours. Great job!!

Good luck tomorrow.

EDIT:

Oh wait, it's already sep. 26...... Good luck later today
__________________

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2006-09-26 at 02:25.
Daniel E. is offline  
Old 2006-09-26, 07:54   Link #265
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Fürth (GER)
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by mantidor
...


but I still feel I could do something else... I don't know.
I am not very talented in terms of banner art (or sigs/avas) so I may be wrong. But if you changed the hue of the vampire graphics from violet to orange or maybe gold it might not fall out of the banner that much (I hope that was somehow comprehensible ^^'). Maybe you need to increase contrast then.
Jinto is offline  
Old 2006-09-26, 12:17   Link #266
Lunastar
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz
@ lunastar ~ its good but imo you really need to have it looking more "halloween" or it could be disqualified
Haha thanks :P Yeah i was thinking that too, but it was kinda a last minute thing & i couldn't really find any good halloween related pics.. I think its too late to edit it now but nvm if it doesn't get through..it was fun creating it

Good luck everyone!
Lunastar is offline  
Old 2006-09-26, 12:22   Link #267
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: uk, England
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
^ actually theres still 30mins of the competition left before finnishing...gogo you have time
final...
Spoiler:
__________________

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS

Last edited by Deathkillz; 2006-09-26 at 12:39.
Deathkillz is offline  
Old 2006-09-26, 13:16   Link #268
Kiva128
Kairin-chan's #1 Fan
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Canada
Actually Deathkillz, according to NoSanninWa's 1st post, the banner making part should have ended more than 12 hours ago. He said it should end around 2am EST and it's now 2:18pm EST. O_o
__________________
Kiva128 is offline  
Old 2006-09-26, 13:18   Link #269
durrem
[megaplay] *sparkles*
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Milpitas, CA, USA
Poor NSW, s/he is in a better place than us all...
durrem is offline  
Old 2006-09-26, 13:51   Link #270
JOJOS'STAR
Ero~Kairin! ^-^ Yeay!
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: ~ Montreal
Quote:
Originally Posted by durrem
Poor NSW, s/he is in a better place than us all...
What do you mean by that? Was it formatted!

Anyway, my final entries. ^-^






__________________
JOJOS'STAR is offline  
Old 2006-09-26, 18:03   Link #271
Daniel E.
AniMexican!
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Monterrey N.L. Mexico
It's already 6:00 pm here in Mexico. I guess the next phase of the contest is gonna get delayed by at least a day now.
__________________
Daniel E. is offline  
Old 2006-09-26, 19:55   Link #272
mantidor
the Iniquitous
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: bogotá
Send a message via Yahoo to mantidor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinto Lin
I am not very talented in terms of banner art (or sigs/avas) so I may be wrong. But if you changed the hue of the vampire graphics from violet to orange or maybe gold it might not fall out of the banner that much (I hope that was somehow comprehensible ^^'). Maybe you need to increase contrast then.
I like your idea, I think it looks better that way ^_^ thanks you and NSW for all the advice.



would it be ok if I let NSW decide between this one and the previous one as my submission?
mantidor is offline  
Old 2006-09-26, 20:39   Link #273
jeishun
</3
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: California, USA
Send a message via AIM to jeishun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E.
Glad I can be of help.

I must said that I am very impressed with the extraction you did there. You left several tiny bits of hair I didn't even bother with on my own banner; Wich goes to show how much attention you put to detail while making yours. Great job!!

Good luck tomorrow.

EDIT:

Oh wait, it's already sep. 26...... Good luck later today

Thank you!! Your compliment is too much, I'm so happy! T^T
Of course good luck to you as well!!!
jeishun is offline  
Old 2006-09-27, 00:54   Link #274
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New York, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunastar
Hey guys, great forum here!

Everones entries looking good

Here's mine, their pretty much the same except for the font lol





Sorry, but it just isn't Halloween. I have to disqualify it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantidor
I like your idea, I think it looks better that way ^_^ thanks you and NSW for all the advice.



would it be ok if I let NSW decide between this one and the previous one as my submission?
It is quite okay. And I agree with Jinto Lin. It is even better.

I am getting ready to close this thread. Very soon it will close and a while after that the new contest thread will be opened. I seem to be 24 hours off. Please pardon me for the error.
__________________

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
banner contest, contest

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:07.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.