AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Monster

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-08-24, 14:20   Link #1
i0td

Episode 38 - The Demon In My Sight

I have searched this forum and I cannot believe that the thread for this episode wasn't recreated. This episode is absolutely astounding. It is without a doubt the highlight of the first half.

The series has been over for quite a while now, so I can understand the diminished discussion. Here are a few screencaps to refresh the memory.
Spoiler for for images:

As I have said already, a very exciting episode from start to end. Not only do we watch Tenma land his first kill and finally master the art of wielding the gun, we enjoy another big confrontation between the doctor and Johan. So far in the series, we have been following the separate stories of the many different characters. How will these all fit together? Well, this is the episode that finally ties everything together, and it does a spectacular job in doing so while continuing to advance the plot. All our stories converge here in Munich, Germany. All our characters, major and minor alike, finally interact face-to-face. And to think that it could have all ended here if neither Tenma nor Nina had held the other one back. Sure, sometimes coincidences such as these feel a bit overused, but nonethess, I think that the stand-off scene at the end really played out well. Johan definitely stole the spotlight. We can begin to understand now the monster inside him.

What a thriller! 10/10
Old 2006-08-24, 14:40   Link #2
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by i0td
I have searched this forum and I cannot believe that the thread for this episode wasn't recreated. This episode is absolutely astounding.
There was a thread created but due to the forum restore (visit Not visited the forum in a while? Please Read This First! for more details) most of the threads from 2005 have been lost (which included the episode discussion threads from ep 33 and on).
Old 2006-08-24, 18:22   Link #3
i0td

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris
There was a thread created but due to the forum restore (visit Not visited the forum in a while? Please Read This First! for more details) most of the threads from 2005 have been lost (which included the episode discussion threads from ep 33 and on).
I just had to remake this thread after going over the episode. This was definitely an excellent climax to the first half of the series. Too bad the cached data could not be recovered in time. Without the exact link to the lost thread, my late search was futile.
Old 2006-08-26, 00:00   Link #4
Geffrod

Quote:
We can begin to understand now the monster inside him
Now that I think about it, when I saw this episode I thought the same thing.

LOL. This episode was a gigantic mind-f**k in my opinion. We only feel what Schewald felt, and that's pretty much it-- Johann is still a mystery. I think that this episode doesn't even begin to unravel what is made clear after watching the entire series. This episode made things very UNCLEAR.
Old 2006-08-27, 14:58   Link #5
i0td

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geffrod
Now that I think about it, when I saw this episode I thought the same thing.

LOL. This episode was a gigantic mind-f**k in my opinion. We only feel what Schewald felt, and that's pretty much it-- Johann is still a mystery. I think that this episode doesn't even begin to unravel what is made clear after watching the entire series. This episode made things very UNCLEAR.
I fully understand what you mean now.

This episode and the few leading up to this one are definitely very exciting, very thrilling and do deserve a 10/10 for being such a captivating arc. I originally thought that I was finally beginning to understand this mystery and the makings of the monster within Johan. Was I wrong indeed! Now after going through nearly the rest of the second half of the series, I see that episode 38 was still only the tip of the iceberg. At this point, we really have only been introduced to the characters, the setting, the situation. The history of the monster really still awaits us in the episodes to come and has only been hinted at in the letter Karl was reading in the episode.

Such a complex story that follows. Complex, but very well written and very well told.