AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Old 2006-10-08, 09:23   Link #101
Lotiman

I posted this on another black lagoon thread. The twins remind me of the siblings in Shakugan no Shana. Both living in their own world.
Lotiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-08, 10:20   Link #102
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotiman View Post
The twins remind me of the siblings in Shakugan no Shana.
The siblings in Shana first appeared in volume4 of the novel,
released August of 2003.

The Black Lagoon twin story arc was serialized on Sunday GX
from April of 2003.
(The tankobon "graphic novel" collected these episodes
and was released August 2003)

Just to let you know.

It's interesting both the novel and the tankobon came out on the same month.
Old 2006-10-08, 14:25   Link #103
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Okay...posts moved from the season one thread. Let the Loli vampire violence commence!!
Catgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-09, 09:06   Link #104
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
btw, on one of the Sunday GX magazine which serializes Black Lagoon came with this mock-up cover for Black Lagoon
I think this one is also in that pic of Revy, Balalaika and Roberta dressed up in costumes selling doujinshi in at the Comic Market.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-09, 10:29   Link #105
chrno

Send a message via AIM to chrno
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirls View Post
Okay...posts moved from the season one thread. Let the Loli vampire violence commence!!
YAY!!!

Well, I guess in a few hours the show will be airing since it's Monday here and Tuesday there.

Say I have a question are the twins supposed to be 2 girls (one dressed like a girl and one dressed like a boy) or a girl and a boy? I had asked that before.

In a way despite their violent tendencies you sort of do feel sorry for them. Don't know if anyone else saw it that way. But I got that feeling during that whole deal when they were talking to each other. Of course they throw you this curve ball. One minute they're set loose to slaughter the endless masses the next minute they actually display a sense of innocence. Something that displayed from their feelings that makes you feel somewhat sympathetic. This makes me think back to the world of 'Noir' or 'GSG' when children are conditioned to be effective killing machines. However these kids are downright violent and twisted. Either they originally weren't or they lived a very interesting "exsitence" up until now.

Sorry don't mean to sound preachy.

"I'm afraid 400 years won't cover me."
chrno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-09, 11:38   Link #106
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrno View Post
Say I have a question are the twins supposed to be 2 girls (one dressed like a girl and one dressed like a boy) or a girl and a boy? I had asked that before.

In a way despite their violent tendencies you sort of do feel sorry for them. Don't know if anyone else saw it that way. But I got that feeling during that whole deal when they were talking to each other. Of course they throw you this curve ball. One minute they're set loose to slaughter the endless masses the next minute they actually display a sense of innocence. Something that displayed from their feelings that makes you feel somewhat sympathetic. This makes me think back to the world of 'Noir' or 'GSG' when children are conditioned to be effective killing machines. However these kids are downright violent and twisted. Either they originally weren't or they lived a very interesting "exsitence" up until now.

Sorry don't mean to sound preachy.
Just hang tight, most of those questions will be answered in episode 14 and 15.

As for their gender... it's a mystery.
There's been several hints by the artist that they are, infact, boy and a girl.
But which one's which is up to anyone's guess.
You'll see what I mean in the following episodes

It's starting in 20min....
Old 2006-10-09, 15:13   Link #107
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

i had a look at volume 3 of manga to see if i could get any info from there but since i can understand shit i'm just more confused by it especially the last , 5th chapter. So move time i want my anime fix

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Majek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-09, 15:26   Link #108
Cal-Reflector

Well, we've seen our share of dark twisted characters in anime, off the bat Full Metal Panic Second Raid and Elfen Lied Comes to mind, though in this case, Elfen Lied may come closer in resemblance.

I think this arc could've used some of the serious dialogue and psych-analysis that was overabudnant in the manga's Gangster-Paradise arc; I would have liked to see the mangaka attempt to explore the minds of these two a bit more, and was left in disappointed unclarity at the end of the arc (in manga).

I wonder what it is about Black Lagoon that makes it such a parodiable manga... the manga gag-omakes are some of the funniest stuff I've seen around. Better than much of the main story, if I may go that far.
Old 2006-10-09, 21:30   Link #109
metronome
Mad Loli

ah....
I saw the "greenback jane"arc for black lagoon ep 16, 17 and 18 before gangsta paradise arc in the wikipedia(keywords: black lagoon)

wonder what that is~~
metronome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-09, 21:33   Link #110
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Oh, I love a woman in uniform! 8)

With every episode, the sheer awesomeness that is Balalaika does not fail to amaze.

Episode 14 pretty much followed in the tracks of the previous one, keeping both the mood and the atmosphere that was so different from the previous outings of Black Lagoon.

There's a bit more action, but it seems fairly likely that most of the actual fighting will be withheld till Episode 15, which would seemingly mark the end the twins arc.

Spoiler:

There was some flash-bang in this episode, but the best moments are Balalaika's. She is just amazing when planning an operation and ralying the troops to battle. 8)
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-09, 22:00   Link #111
[DOT].L
Delightfully lost...
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

And I'm totally with you on the "women in uniform" thing.

Latest Post: Black Lagoon Summaries Update and Volume 1 (VIZ) Impressions… (August 15,2008)
Latest Summary: Elemental Gelade [Volume 14] (July 29, 2008)
[DOT].L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 01:02   Link #112
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DOT].L View Post
Spoiler:

And I'm totally with you on the "women in uniform" thing.
Spoiler:
Old 2006-10-10, 03:21   Link #113
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Spoiler:
OH good. I thought it was just me

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Majek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 07:23   Link #114
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Spoiler for Twins:

Anyway, just like MrProphet said, the mood was all there again for episode 14. I still strongly believe that going with this arc was the best idea after a few months blank with no BL. You've just gotta love the Balalaika & Mr. Chan talk!

Next episode should be the really shine for the twins~

& [DOT].L, i adore your new avatar.
Old 2006-10-10, 13:51   Link #115
Blade556

Spoiler:

This kind of line makes you realize how screwed up this series can get sometimes. Maybe it's a mistranslation but if nobody got that, think about it...

But yeah, this season is turning out to be quite nice. Episode 14 was awesome, hope to see more of this as the season develops.

Last edited by Blade556; 2006-10-11 at 10:01.
Blade556 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 22:20   Link #116
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

ep 14 was like gold ^_^ the car scene really got me hyped up...and it was animated really well...
hope this has a nice conclusion...cause tbh i really dnt want the twins to die...the are awsome

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 22:55   Link #117
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Mmm, man I love Balalaika. Great episode.
Old 2006-10-11, 02:38   Link #118
Mgz
Madlax fanboyz

Send a message via Yahoo to Mgz
blahblahblahlaika is even more awsome than before...those twins f@$% with the wrong person (and the one who hire those twins), LOL 8)

I wonder what is the official language in that city.. the cop uses Thai banner (NO ENTRY) but the headquarter of Black lagoon company is a Motobike store Ltd in Vietnamese XD

I wonder what does the SAW that 1 one of the twin use, next eps looks fun, those S&W and beretta bullet nun firearm/ammunation dealer is gonna get rich
Mgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-11, 12:29   Link #119
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
oh i forgot to mention i loved the scene when chan is trying to dodge the bullets from one of the twins is gold hes soo funny dancing like a monkey with ass pain XD

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-11, 12:57   Link #120
aersim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgz View Post
I wonder what is the official language in that city.. the cop uses Thai banner (NO ENTRY) but the headquarter of Black lagoon company is a Motobike store Ltd in Vietnamese XD
The main language of Black Lagoon is English. In the manga, a lot of lines are written in their original language (Russian, English, etc.) and "subtitled" with the Japanese translation during scenes in which the mangaka wants to make it clear that the characters are speaking different languages.

Also: remember that movie magazine Revy was reading in episode 13? It was written in English.
aersim is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, crime, madhouse, seinen