AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2006-09-13, 18:27   Link #1
naruto_jh

[Manga] Why does Akatsuki target the tailed beast?

I always thought that because there are 9 akatsuki members and nine tailed beasts that each member would aquire one for themselves.

I was re reding manga chapter 256 n realised that the monster that was summoned by the akatsuki leader to draw out shukak out of gaara that two eyes were opened n the other 7 eyes werent.

Iam wondering the aim and objective of akatsuki (which they always mention) is to draw out 9 of the tailed beasts inorder to awaken that chained monster.

So wot would that monster do with the tailed beast??

Wana hear some ideas
naruto_jh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-13, 19:03   Link #2
Yamatofruit
Sixth Hokage

Quote:
Originally Posted by naruto_jh
I always thought that because there are 9 akatsuki members and nine tailed beasts that each member would aquire one for themselves.

I was re reding manga chapter 256 n realised that the monster that was summoned by the akatsuki leader to draw out shukak out of gaara that two eyes were opened n the other 7 eyes werent.

Iam wondering the aim and objective of akatsuki (which they always mention) is to draw out 9 of the tailed beasts inorder to awaken that chained monster.

So wot would that monster do with the tailed beast??

Wana hear some ideas
I always thought that they would probably plan to take over the world or something like that using the powers of the tailed beasts
Yamatofruit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-13, 19:46   Link #3
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Well i'd say to posses a godlike power would always come in handy...demons (all 9) are simply not of this world...their power is unbalanced compared to others in the (Naruto) world.

Each demon has its own special abilities... and to posses or control such abilities...
Old 2006-09-13, 21:19   Link #4
rasedori
akatsuki member

there is a possibility that they might want to take over a village/villages
rasedori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-13, 21:28   Link #5
Yamatofruit
Sixth Hokage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasedori
there is a possibility that they might want to take over a village/villages
That's what I also think. Most likely the village they came from but if Itachi comes to Konoha with a tailed beast, Konoha's in big trouble. Think about it: Itachi's power+tailed beast power=crazy powerful.
Old 2006-09-13, 21:53   Link #6
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

9 Jinchuuriki = 7 Millenium Items?

Giant Chained Statue = Pedestal that Sealed some Demon God of Times Long Past?

It's kind of possible, as corny as it is.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-13, 23:18   Link #7
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

-Or they could use them to attain an even greater kind of power. Desire to become Gods maybe? Control time and space? There are too many possibilities. It's like that saying "Once you have a finite set of something you end up with an infinite amount of uses".
Old 2006-09-13, 23:52   Link #8
Yamatofruit
Sixth Hokage

I honestly don't care what they're going to use the tailed beasts for... As long as it's evil
Old 2006-09-14, 03:51   Link #9
KNETTER2000
Rei! What have you done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamatofruit
I honestly don't care what they're going to use the tailed beasts for... As long as it's evil
dude.. really.. they're Akatsuki.. they're not going to sit and have some tea and biscuits with it..
KNETTER2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-14, 04:24   Link #10
Ichimaru

They dont even need the beasts to take over the world, all 9 of them could take out a village or country if they wanted to if they collaborated with each other.
Ichimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-14, 17:50   Link #11
Yamatofruit
Sixth Hokage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichimaru
They dont even need the beasts to take over the world, all 9 of them could take out a village or country if they wanted to if they collaborated with each other.
That's true but they're probably capturing the beasts to make the job easier.
Old 2006-09-14, 18:59   Link #12
Illuyankas
I need another drink.

Akatsuki could be capturing all the demons to permanently seal them away, so that there won't be any opposition powerful enough to stop them taking over whatever they wanted.
Illuyankas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-15, 09:14   Link #13
Yamatofruit
Sixth Hokage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illuyankas
Akatsuki could be capturing all the demons to permanently seal them away, so that there won't be any opposition powerful enough to stop them taking over whatever they wanted.
I don't think Akatsuki wants to seal the beasts, they'd want to use them. And even if they did seal them, who would they seal it on??? Isn't it that you have to seal the beast into a human?
Old 2006-09-15, 10:21   Link #14
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Akatsuki surely is powerfull but i think Kishimoto is decreasing their strenght and they seem not that powerfull at the beginning.

They could conquer a country yes....but it was never mentioned about the GREAT 5 COUNTRIES...

Sand/Mist/Leaf/Cloud/Rock Villages i believe cannot be taken by Akatsuki alone...

It may sound very strange but look at this...

Kisame + Itachi vs Kakashi/Gai/Kurenai/Asuma (top elites of konoha)
result
Konoha wins by default Akatsuki retreats...

Deidara + Sasori vs Kakashi/Naruto & Chiyo/Sakura
result
Konoha wins both battles...
Deidara remains alive...

Kisame (30% chakra) vs Team Gai
Team Gai wins without serious injuries (actually only Gai hurt his hands)

Itachi (30% chakra) vs Team Kakashi
Team Kakashi wins without injuries...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They dont seem all that powerfull and Konoha is (probably still) the strongest village.
I seriously doubt they can conquer Konoha with just 9 members or even with some henchmen..

(Think of it...if they were "THAT" powerfull they would have gathered all demons already and leave every village in ruins...)
(The Ninja Wars had plenty of legendary shinobi...probably equal or better then the current Akatsuki members and the 5 Country's are still standing)

Both Tsunade and Jiraiya are within Konoha and both can atleast take out 2 members...
Kisame is quite honest and already told that he cant win vs Jiraiya...
Itachi at first said the same but made a brave attempt (but failed)

Right now in the manga 4 members of Konoha are facing 2 Akatsuki members...
I dont know how it'll end but i expect Konoha to win and kill atleast 1 member..

So yeah i can really imagine that Akatsuki has a goal to merge all 9 demonic powers into 1 ultimate creature and equally devide its powers in the 10 rings...giving each member power...

Or summon a god or to become one etc. etc.
Old 2006-09-15, 15:17   Link #15
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5
Akatsuki surely is powerfull but i think Kishimoto is decreasing their strenght and they seem not that powerfull at the beginning.

What part of "I can whipe out a whole village in one move/I destroyed a country/A clone of mine spits a tsunami/two of us actualy beat a Bijuu without a sweat/I can't be killed/ect." gave you the idea that they don't seem as powerful as before?
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-15, 16:46   Link #16
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

I can understand your argument but after seeing the Akatsuki members lose again and again or run away....i had enough reasons to think so..

Even now only a small group faces 2 other Akatsuki members...and the result may still be a suprise but...i got the feeling 1 member will die soon.. leaving 8 left
(1 leaving Akatsuki, 2 members died+2 henchmen died, 1 spy turned against them)
Old 2006-09-15, 17:36   Link #17
Yamatofruit
Sixth Hokage

Quote:
I can understand your argument but after seeing the Akatsuki members lose again and again or run away....i had enough reasons to think so..

Even now only a small group faces 2 other Akatsuki members...and the result may still be a suprise but...i got the feeling 1 member will die soon.. leaving 8 left
(1 leaving Akatsuki, 2 members died+2 henchmen died, 1 spy turned against them)
I don't think anyone in the Akatsuki will leave because the leader probably promised them ultimate power and that's why Itachi is most likely in Akatsuki.
Old 2006-09-15, 19:17   Link #18
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Well I don't see your reasons.
The first meeting with Akatsuki showed a pair deciding to leave instead of fighting after a little squirmich.
The 2nd pair got the "I can whipe out a whole village in one move/I destroyed a country", one of them beat a Kage, the 2nd ended dead after the biggest amount of plot device in a row in the whole series -and still died because he choose not to avoid the last blow.
The 3rd pair's power is yet to be completely introduced but they already got one member who can't be killed and can return damage to his opponent while the other has only shown Tsunade-like strength. Ho they also beat a Jinchuuriki and some ninja monks by the dozens.

Ultimately they will be defeated but Kishimoto certainely didn't drop their power.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-15, 20:46   Link #19
Illuyankas
I need another drink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamatofruit
I don't think Akatsuki wants to seal the beasts, they'd want to use them. And even if they did seal them, who would they seal it on??? Isn't it that you have to seal the beast into a human?
Gaara's demon used to be sealed in a kettle, what other inanimate objects could do?
Illuyankas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-16, 00:08   Link #20
freakabcd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
Well I don't see your reasons.
The first meeting with Akatsuki showed a pair deciding to leave instead of fighting after a little squirmich.
The 2nd pair got the "I can whipe out a whole village in one move/I destroyed a country", one of them beat a Kage, the 2nd ended dead after the biggest amount of plot device in a row in the whole series -and still died because he choose not to avoid the last blow.
The 3rd pair's power is yet to be completely introduced but they already got one member who can't be killed and can return damage to his opponent while the other has only shown Tsunade-like strength. Ho they also beat a Jinchuuriki and some ninja monks by the dozens.

Ultimately they will be defeated but Kishimoto certainely didn't drop their power.
As Hunter says, I think Akatsuki hasn't been downgraded. They'll just get killed off by 'plot devices'
freakabcd is offline   Reply With Quote