AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2006-09-24, 21:29   Link #21
Rich
AnimeSuki's Hentai-sama

Send a message via ICQ to Rich Send a message via MSN to Rich
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamato_D
really off topic here, but by looking at miss rave's avatar, doesn't it seem like kishimoto changed kurenai a bit? her face doesn't seem as oval anymore.
but yeah, it may very well be a teaser thing. i really hope that the arm situation is explained though. because i specifically remember deidara mentioning that he lost one arm for good. so that makes me wonder why they didn't find a replacement for him. i mean, a fighter missing an arm is going to be weaker. i don't care how many people argue otherwise; it doesn't make senes.
i really don't understand what you're trying to say..... first you comment on Kurenai's new looks? then you mention about Deidara.... what do you mean...? i dn't wanna be offensive but what is your point..... ?

Also known as a03
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-24, 21:50   Link #22
Skie_M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu
Can someone confirm this and give me the chapter/episode where it's mentioned?
Spoiler:
Skie_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-24, 22:02   Link #23
Wrath of the Uchiha

I am guessing all the Akatsuki have some or other kind of immortality technique, let's face it, every Akatsuki that's had a major fight shown it.

Orochimaru - Body switching

Sasori - Puppet

Hidan - 'omfg zombie no jutsu'

Diedara - arms cut off and were probably regenerated.

I am guessing Itachi's immortality is related to his Uchiha blood thingy seeing as how he was rambling about how only another Uchiha can defeat him :P
Wrath of the Uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-24, 22:19   Link #24
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Thanks to Skie_M and Miss Rave for clearing up the whole Rock Lee issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrath of the Uchiha
I am guessing all the Akatsuki have some or other kind of immortality technique, let's face it, every Akatsuki that's had a major fight shown it.

Sasori - Puppet

I am guessing Itachi's immortality is related to his Uchiha blood thingy seeing as how he was rambling about how only another Uchiha can defeat him :P
You know come to think of it, we haven't seen Itachi sustain a single injury in battle yet. But I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that he doesn't have any kind of immortality ability. That would just make his character way too powerful. I think his comment just means that he believes only another MS user is skilled enough to defeat him, not that he is incapable of dying by any other means. Zetsu appears to be half plant so he can probably regenerate. Kisame may be able to use Samehada to heal himself and Kakuzu has those weird bracelets so I won't speak for them yet.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-25, 03:05   Link #25
Wrath of the Uchiha

Quote:
You know come to think of it, we haven't seen Itachi sustain a single injury in battle yet. But I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that he doesn't have any kind of immortality ability. That would just make his character way too powerful. I think his comment just means that he believes only another MS user is skilled enough to defeat him, not that he is incapable of dying by any other means.
Overpowered is what he needs to be if he's one of the final villians other than the AL ;O

IMO it would be out of place for Itachi not to have some kind of immortality technique going with him as most of the other Akatsuki members do...

And now that you mentioned it does seem Itachi is implying only in the context of Tsukuyomi, but he seems to take it as an overall ability and specifies 'to be able to defeat me' etc, or I may be reading too much between the lines :P
Old 2006-09-25, 05:44   Link #26
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
And now that you mentioned it does seem Itachi is implying only in the context of Tsukuyomi, but he seems to take it as an overall ability and specifies 'to be able to defeat me' etc, or I may be reading too much between the lines :P
Well he's already flat-out mentioned that Jiraiya has the ability to kill him. That's why he and Kisame retreated from that battle. But it all depends on what sense you mean 'immortal'. If you mean immortal like Hidan in that he can't be killed or injured then I would say you are wrong. But if you mean immortal like Deidara who can survive injuries that would kill most shinobi, then that might be a possibility.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-25, 06:28   Link #27
yamato_D
Nazo no Tenshi

i really don't understand what you're trying to say..... first you comment on Kurenai's new looks? then you mention about Deidara.... what do you mean...? i dn't wanna be offensive but what is your point..... ?

Well i'll admit the kurenai thing was really random, but i just felt like being a little erratic. No offense taken.
But i'm still not very convinced that deidara has a left arm. i mean, pepole argue that there's a pic of him sitting on a clay bird with both hands on his knees, but it's just not clear enough. i mean, you'd think kishimoto would make it a bit more obvious (plus that akatsuki cover showing only deidara's right arm).
yamato_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-25, 12:01   Link #28
Wrath of the Uchiha

Quote:
Well he's already flat-out mentioned that Jiraiya has the ability to kill him. That's why he and Kisame retreated from that battle. But it all depends on what sense you mean 'immortal'. If you mean immortal like Hidan in that he can't be killed or injured then I would say you are wrong. But if you mean immortal like Deidara who can survive injuries that would kill most shinobi, then that might be a possibility.
1/ True but there have been conflicting statements if you take in their estimation of the legendary Sannin and Oro's comments and in reply to why they needed to run was a need of rest. Again at this point it isn't clear on whose statements we should hold towards :P

2/ On the immortality point, it's probably closer to Diedara or Orochimaru, can be defeated, but can't be killed or some sort, we can only speculate at this point.
Old 2006-09-25, 16:39   Link #29
Dauthi
Searching for the Cure

Quote:

Sasori - Puppet

I seriously doubt they all have "immortality" jutsu. It all depends on what you mean by immortality as well. To live longer than you could without receiving a fatal blow, or to live beyond your normal age limits?

In Oro's case, a fatal blow will kill him, like any other ninja, does that still make him "immortal". However he can live past normal human age limits. Hidan on the other hand, may be the opposite. Either way neither are truely immortal, and hidan will be defeated in some manner... obviously =p. Deidara can animate clay, i think its likely he can replace his limbs with animated objects as well, although we cant be sure, i think this is most likely.

Sasori was obviously not immortal since he was killed, however making himself a puppet increased his life span and his durability. I guess you could call that a type of immortality jutsu.

But if you are gonna go classifying these jutsu that are used defensively, or in oro's case to increase his life, you might as well throw a lot of other nins in as well. You could say tsunade has one, naruto's insane ability to heal himself in this case can be considered one, the list can go on.

My point is, these defensive jutsu are very powerful, and in the end i would only really classify oro and maybe sasori as "immortal" since they can live to be X number of years. In the end we will see most of the akatsuki having incredible defensive abilities, and if you want to call them "imortality" jutsu, then i guess have at it.

Dauthi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-25, 17:08   Link #30
Rurik
Golden

I think we have to see it in the perspective of the Ninja:

The first thing we learned about Hidan is that he is the slowest Akatsuki, meaning he is the Akatsuki that have the highest rate to be injured, so we could deduct from this, that He is slow because he really does not care if he is hurt in Battle or not. So he never cared about developing Hihg speed or Dodging things.

In the case or A Ninja like Itachi, I would say he could have the frailest body of the Bunch, but he has the Sahringan and his speed that compensate this, ERGO, It is near impossible to Injure him in Battle. He could be Hidan total opposite.

Then We have people Like Orochimaru and Sasori, were they have a Jutsu which extend their Natural life, but they still are vulnerable to been killed, the only difference is, they can regenerate or be Difficult people to Kill. Given the nature of their body

Then WE have Plant dude, and I wont be surprised if he has a trait of his father, the weed, and that would be re-growing any lost body part.

People like Deidara, Kisame and Hidan are unknown.
Old 2006-09-26, 05:47   Link #31
Yellow Flash
Banned

I think the Akatsuki with blue hair was the one to heal Deidara's arms.

The leader said Deidara should report to him when it's over.
It could happen then, since the blue hair is with the leader.
Yellow Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-26, 11:26   Link #32
Dauthi
Searching for the Cure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik
I think we have to see it in the perspective of the Ninja:

The first thing we learned about Hidan is that he is the slowest Akatsuki, meaning he is the Akatsuki that have the highest rate to be injured, so we could deduct from this, that He is slow because he really does not care if he is hurt in Battle or not. So he never cared about developing Hihg speed or Dodging things.

In the case or A Ninja like Itachi, I would say he could have the frailest body of the Bunch, but he has the Sahringan and his speed that compensate this, ERGO, It is near impossible to Injure him in Battle. He could be Hidan total opposite.

Then We have people Like Orochimaru and Sasori, were they have a Jutsu which extend their Natural life, but they still are vulnerable to been killed, the only difference is, they can regenerate or be Difficult people to Kill. Given the nature of their body

Then WE have Plant dude, and I wont be surprised if he has a trait of his father, the weed, and that would be re-growing any lost body part.

People like Deidara, Kisame and Hidan are unknown.

Exactly. While they are very powerful in their own perspective, i dont think they are too overpowered, but very fitting enemies, each a puzzle to find a weakness.

If by immortality jutsu they mean the ability to heal major injuries, i doubt itatchi will have anything like that. He will just be extremely tough to beat, or touch like Rurik posted.

Dauthi is offline   Reply With Quote