AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2006-09-14, 10:52   Link #1
Mists

[Manga] Chapter 323 Discussion

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread .

As per the forums rules, please don't ask or mention where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc.

Also note that only moderators or designated members (such as Syaoran) are allowed to create this thread.
End of edit by Mod (xris)
---

I'll give the jist of it, someone can do a more thorough translation.

Basically what ppl predicted was right, Hidan doesn't die from the fatal wounds (he is strange). Kazuzu jumps up from behind Shika and he lets go of the shadowbind.

I am a bit disappointed because Shika and the others should've been more prepared. They all know Akatsuki almost 100% travel in pairs!

Anyway Hidan is free, Asuma jumps in front of Shika before Kazuzu can destroy him.

Hidan then makes his voodoo circle, Asuma quickly attacks with Shika.

Hidan jumps in the air, dodges the shadow, throws his scyth thing and kunais. Asuma blocks them all but the scyth scratches his face.

Hidan then brings the scyth back and Asuma does kuton. But at that moment Hidan licks the blood from his scyth as he stands on the voodoo/transmutation circle. And before he knows it, Asuma is merely hurting himself as his arms and part of his face is burned.

Hidan's technique is complete so if he stabs himself, Asuma goes as well.

Last edited by xris; 2006-09-14 at 13:58.
Mists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-14, 11:23   Link #2
Scrappdogg

i just saw the raw. It seems any damage done to Hindan after he tastes ur blood is then done back to u x_X
Scrappdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-14, 11:24   Link #3
truesayian

Send a message via AIM to truesayian
ho he's like a self voodoo doll?
truesayian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-14, 11:29   Link #4
ShikaShika
無罪

Quote:
Originally Posted by truesayian
ho he's like a self voodoo doll?
It's original if nothing else.
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-14, 11:30   Link #5
Rurik
Golden

Well, as You said, having Shikamaru, I’m very surprised that the second Akatsuki caught them of guard.

Regarding Hidan, his technique is exactly was as almost everyone was saying, a tech were the Opponents suffer the Injuries that affect Hidan.
Old 2006-09-14, 11:34   Link #6
Wrath of the Uchiha

Damn, I am crossing fingers so Asuma won't kill himself to kill Hidan with him [might be the only way to kill Hidan, sucide :O]
Wrath of the Uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-14, 11:41   Link #7
ri0

Location: Where everything is dangerous - I'm starting to like this place
Now we know what Asuma has to do if Hidan's Jutsu works reverse as well.
ri0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-14, 11:41   Link #8
zamme
Wandering Prophet

Send a message via MSN to zamme
But first of all they need to figure out an actual way to _injure_ him before starting attacking. Right now, all tht happens is that Hidan will be just as good as always, and the attacker is wounded.

I wonder how genjutsu would work?

The one man fanclub!
Dosu did never really die.....
He just took a time out.
Click for my 18 paged Dosu Gaiden manga chapter!
[Fixed link again, again, and again!.. If it's down, please PM me!]
zamme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-14, 12:06   Link #9
elusive

Asuma killing himself won't kill Hidan IMO.

Hidan retreated to his circle symbol to do his voodoo jutsu. There might be a way to cancel the jutsu if they can destroy the circle.

Shika will figure it out.

Why does Kakuzu always tell Hidan to be carefull not to get killed if he can't be killed? Hidan says he wants to be killed.
elusive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-14, 12:24   Link #10
I love waffles!

Spoiler:
I love waffles! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-14, 12:38   Link #11
threepac3
Life is Relative

I knew Hidens powers were based on reflection. Hence why he stabs himself to cause equivilant damage to his enemies.
Old 2006-09-14, 13:13   Link #12
Wrath of the Uchiha

I wonder how Genjutsu would affect Hidan....speaking of which - will we see Izumo and Kotetsu perform any genjutsu, mebbe they are good genjutsu users too like we got a peek during the Chuunin exams....

Sidenote - Hidan's hilarious, I almost cracked when he whined about going inside the bounty station again when he saw Asuma's band :P
Wrath of the Uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-14, 13:26   Link #13
Syaoran
Contemplating Naruto

323 - 神の裁き - God's Judgement
Spoiler for Illustration:

Short Summary:
Asuma, Izumo, Shikamaru and Koketsu are shocked after they realize Hidan is still standing, complaining they're hurting him. Although the aimed for his vitals, he didn't die or get wounded.
Hidan acts like a smartass when Koketsu asks if he's unvulnerable and Hidan asks them who they are.

Hidan quickly notices Asuma's sash and while Izuma and Koketsu are pushing their swords inside Hidan, he complains why they (he and Kakuzu) had to come to this place again. Asuma understands he's the one who killed Chiriku.

Asuma sensei introcudes himself and the other as being Konoha shinobi, ordered to eliminate the Akatsuki threat in the Fire Country. He knows Akatsuki move in two-man teams, but they'll take care of Hidan first.
Shikamaru just learned what Akatsuki is and why they're feared, as his Kage Nui can't keep up with Hidan's strength.
When Hidan says they miscalculated their plan, Asuma asks for Hidan's partner.

Suddenly, Kakuzu appears behind Shikamaru, ready to strike him. Shikamaru managed to evade the attack just in time, but his shadow bind jutsu is worn off, freeing Hidan.

Hidan having gained his mobility again, Kakuzu charges into Shikamaru again, but Asuma just interfered, making him stop immediately. Asuma orders Izumo and Kotetsu to move back.

Shikamaru's team regroups and both Kakuzu and Hidan are looking at them.
Izumo and Koketsu's sword are still sticking into Hidan, but that doesn't bother Hidan, who gets cocky telling Kakuzu not to interfere and take care of the money, as Asuma's team will be his ceremonial offering.
It's fine with Kakuzu, but he tells Hidan not to let his guard down, or he might die. "Then..." Hidan starts making his move.

Hidan asks Kakuzu why he's telling him this. If they can kill Hidan, he wants them to kill him. He cannot die anyway. By the time the two Akatsuki guys chat is over, Hidan is finished drawing his ritual symbol on the ground: a circle with a triangle inside.
In the meanwhile Asuma came up with a plan. He wants to charge into Hidan and Shikamaru has to bind Hidan with his Kage Nui. Shikamaru disapproves of this idea, which isn't like Asuma at all. Koketsu wants to join Asuma with this.

Asuma gets angry with his team... They don't get it. For Asuma, this is the best move they've. Akatuski is way stronger than he is and he wants Koketsu and Izumo to cover Shikamaru, while keeping an eye on Kakuzu. Shikamaru never saw Asuma like this before.
Izumo tells Asuma that knowing the enemies strength, they should take their precaution, retreat and come up with a strategy. It's no option for Asuma, as Akatsuki won't let them go that easily. They'll get killed and Konoha will a more at risk. Sometimes, breaking the ennemies defense is the only move they can play (Shouhi term).

Hidan is hurting and he removes the swords... He still can't believe someone actually stabbed him and now he'll make sure that those who don't know the sores of men will undertake God's Judgement.
After Shikamaru tells Asuma a "Bougin" move doesn't suit him (Shougi term), Asuma reassures him he won't become a worthless pieces.

Shikamaru prepare Kage Nui, while Hidan and Asuma prepare their weapons. Asuma added his wind nature chakra to his weapons and they attack each other violently.

Asuma sensei managed to cut Hidan's weapon, who's jumping backwards, preparing his other weapon (the one with the rope) to attack again and throwing Koketsu's sword in Asuma's direction.

Asuma also manages to cut through the sword. Suddenly Koketsu calls his captain, who just blocked Hidan's attack in time, or his head would be chopped of.

Shikamaru still cannot reach Hidan with his Kage Nui, as he's moving fast all the time. Asuma having a deep cut near his eye, cuts through one of Hidan's blades. His attacks not being able to hit Hidan, Asuma needs to change his strategy, preparing to perform a handseal.

Asuma uses a powerful katon jutsu (Haisekishou) directed straight towards Hidan, who moves in his circle, starting to turn black. Hidan cuts his own tongue and Asuma feels the pain in his mouth.

Shikamaru, Izumo and Koketsu hide their faces to protect themselves against the heat of Asuma's Haisekishou. Asuma's teammates and Kakuzu notice Hidan is not even hurt by this powerful fireball. Hidan just asks him if it hurt.

Hidan then says Asuma just got judges. Asuma drops his weapon, as his arm got severly burned. Koketsu aks what it means.
Hidan asks Asuma if he now understands the pain of others a little more. Asuma first thinks his burn has to do something with Hidan's jutsu, but that's not possible...

Hidan tells them they've been cursed now but more importantly, that he'll start with is ritual, making them feel the utmost pain!

Visit http://syaoran.miniville.fr/ or help them get a job (~_^)

Last edited by Syaoran; 2006-09-15 at 02:06. Reason: Corrected with Hunter's comments ^^
Syaoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-14, 14:02   Link #14
cani
Thatīs my way of ninja

aaaaaaah!
the ultimate char
I love him..i mean how cool is that?
well what would happen if asuma would kill hisself?
that woudlnt inflict any damage to hidan right?
so any ideas on how to stop the reflection?
cani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-14, 14:10   Link #15
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrath of the Uchiha
I wonder how Genjutsu would affect Hidan....speaking of which - will we see Izumo and Kotetsu perform any genjutsu, mebbe they are good genjutsu users too like we got a peek during the Chuunin exams....

Sidenote - Hidan's hilarious, I almost cracked when he whined about going inside the bounty station again when he saw Asuma's band :P
Yup, He kind of a character with Cool personality, His reactions and comments are the best from any Akatsuki. He has grown on me

Miss rave would agree with both of us!!!!!!!
Old 2006-09-14, 14:14   Link #16
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Maybe the charm he wears around his neck is somehow connected to his jutsu, like Yamato and Shodai's necklace.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-14, 14:34   Link #17
Scrappdogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by elusive
Asuma killing himself won't kill Hidan IMO.

Hidan retreated to his circle symbol to do his voodoo jutsu. There might be a way to cancel the jutsu if they can destroy the circle.

Shika will figure it out.

Why does Kakuzu always tell Hidan to be carefull not to get killed if he can't be killed? Hidan says he wants to be killed.

I think one way might be to kill themselves but that might be what everyone else does and Hidan still lives.

Shika will figure it out but they still have Kakuzu to deal with. I think it all has to do with the circle and the blood contract he makes with his opponent. he doesnt have Shikamaru, Izumo and Kotetsus blood so they should be fine for now but im thinking that any damage done to Hidan will be dont to asuma aswell even if it isnt Asuma causing the damage.

And i dont know why Kakuzu keep warning Hidan about dieing himself. If he knew a way to beat the jutsu then he would have killed him already.
Old 2006-09-14, 14:46   Link #18
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

-Great so Hidan can't be killed because he'll just place any damage he receives to his opponents. I believe the words "Totally screwed" best describe Yeam Asuma's situation. I honestly don't see a way to break Hidan's "curse" without one of them dying. Geez there goes yet another character that died too soon...
Old 2006-09-14, 14:51   Link #19
Scrappdogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatonMakai
-Great so Hidan can't be killed because he'll just place any damage he receives to his opponents. I believe the words "Totally screwed" best describe Yeam Asuma's situation. I honestly don't see a way to break Hidan's "curse" without one of them dying. Geez there goes yet another character that died too soon...
you can beat hidan if he doesnt taste ur blood so only asumas screwed so far.

Asuma is Shika's Sacrificial peice. Asumas fate is already sealed i think. If Shika finds a way to kill Hidan hes going to have to sacrifice Asuma to do it and Asuma knows this.

Now all Shika has to do is find a way to kill Hidan.
Old 2006-09-14, 15:55   Link #20
Ero-Senn1n

I like Hidan's character design. In everyday life he is a handsome guy, also has a cool attitude and seems quite normal. However when uses his jutsu he turns to be just the opposite, ugly and sick. In that state he seems like a mixture of a grim reaper ( like one from Death Note ) and a religious fanatic. A religious fanatic like the islamic terrorist bombing in London and other places, when they live their everyday life they were reported to be good guys, even more than other people, nobody was thinking they could turn into such fanatic killers. Also Hidan looks like an ugly reaper using a scythe with a cool design, that scythe has those cool triple blades. After Sasori and Deidara i think Kishimoto has made again a cool evil akatsukian, i have no complaints for the design of the bad guys here

Some chapters ago i wrote that Hidan is likely to be the stronger one, because he is much more normal/human looking and less wierd than Kakuzu, as i think there's a manga law for this. However after this chapter i think Hidan is the one who is much more inhuman and a sicko, that he has more chances to die and probably Kakuzu turns out to be even stronger than him.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote