AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2006-09-14, 22:02   Link #41
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

For that matter, where are Kisame and Itachi? Weren't they originally assigned to capture the Kyuubi? Hidan and Kakuzu already took care of the Nibi. Not that I'm complaining, seeing two new Akatsuki members in action is awesome.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-14, 22:05   Link #42
Dantat

Remember when Hidan fought the 2 tails? he stabbed himself in the heart, and now that we know that his "prey" feels what he feels, maybe he does that as a instant death technique to his opponent?

(since he supposedly cant die)
Dantat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-14, 22:10   Link #43
Rich
AnimeSuki's Hentai-sama

Send a message via ICQ to Rich Send a message via MSN to Rich
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantat
Remember when Hidan fought the 2 tails? he stabbed himself in the heart, and now that we know that his "prey" feels what he feels, maybe he does that as a instant death technique to his opponent?

(since he supposedly cant die)
1. Hidan didn't stab himself in the heart.. look back at the picture again.

2. They need the two tails alive so why would hidan aim for the heart anyways... they need to extract the "bijuu" if i'm correct so they can't have her dead.

Also known as a03
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-14, 22:20   Link #44
Dantat

Quote:
Originally Posted by a03
1. Hidan didn't stab himself in the heart.. look back at the picture again.

2. They need the two tails alive so why would hidan aim for the heart anyways... they need to extract the "bijuu" if i'm correct so they can't have her dead.
well, ok, but there is indeed a rod stuck in his chest..

why else would there be rod's in his chest? ._.

Last edited by Dantat; 2006-09-14 at 22:59.
Dantat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-14, 22:59   Link #45
tritoch

My first reaction was... there are electricity poles in the background? O,o
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-14, 23:09   Link #46
Mists

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu
For that matter, where are Kisame and Itachi? Weren't they originally assigned to capture the Kyuubi? Hidan and Kakuzu already took care of the Nibi. Not that I'm complaining, seeing two new Akatsuki members in action is awesome.

Yeah and I believe Kisame and Itachi are still assigned (specifically Itachi) to the 9 tails. I believe there is a trail that led Hidan and Kazuzu to another demon in the area...perhaps Sai...perhaps someone else? Maybe Kakashi's old team member? He never mentioned where she went and it would be convenient if she disappeared because she had a powerful demon in her...perhaps she was around only when the 4th was around because he knew about the demon and then in a fate of irony sealed one in Naruto before dying
Mists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-14, 23:15   Link #47
Yamatofruit
Sixth Hokage

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss rave
Asuma is already dead basically =o.
Haha that's true. They're all screwed unless some backup comes which is highly likely because that's what usually happens when people are in deep trouble. I think they'll just kill of those two other chuunins.
Yamatofruit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-14, 23:21   Link #48
Rich
AnimeSuki's Hentai-sama

Send a message via ICQ to Rich Send a message via MSN to Rich
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamatofruit
Haha that's true. They're all screwed unless some backup comes which is highly likely because that's what usually happens when people are in deep trouble. I think they'll just kill of those two other chuunins.
how are you so sure...? afterall he's Sarutobi Asuma, the son of the Third Hokage, a.k.a Sandaime, what makes you think he can lose like that...? i'm sure he's got something up his sleeve X)

Also known as a03
Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-14, 23:27   Link #49
kikko_s
What's in a name....?

Send a message via AIM to kikko_s
If you kill yourself and kill Hidan, the team stills has to worry about Kakuzu. If Hidan hurts you really bad by hurting himself, Kakuzu will just finish you off. I can't imagine how Hidan could do anything if he didn't have a partner to finish off people after he inflicts all this damage to himself. If I were them, I would go for Kakuzu first.
kikko_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-14, 23:33   Link #50
Yamatofruit
Sixth Hokage

Quote:
Originally Posted by a03
how are you so sure...? afterall he's Sarutobi Asuma, the son of the Third Hokage, a.k.a Sandaime, what makes you think he can lose like that...? i'm sure he's got something up his sleeve X)
Bleh. Maybe his trench knives can transform into super samurai swords. Hey, a guy can imagine right??? But I don't think just because you're the hokage's son, you have some awesome power but I'm not saying he doesn't have anything up his sleeve because he probably does. I still think he's gonna get some form of back up though.
Old 2006-09-14, 23:36   Link #51
yuchan

Something that interests me is that Hidan can feel the pain he recieves. Yet he still goes on like nothings wrong. That doesn't make since to me. If getting stabbed by 2 big ass kunai feels like it should, he should at least be affected by that, even if he is "immortal". Maybe it just needs to be explained more.
yuchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-14, 23:40   Link #52
Yamatofruit
Sixth Hokage

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuchan
Something that interests me is that Hidan can feel the pain he recieves. Yet he still goes on like nothings wrong. That doesn't make since to me. If getting stabbed by 2 big ass kunai feels like it should, he should at least be affected by that, even if he is "immortal". Maybe it just needs to be explained more.
Maybe his transformation can heal wounds. Yeah, it would've been nice if they'd went into more detail. It'll tell us next chapter... BAH!!! I have to wait another week
Old 2006-09-14, 23:42   Link #53
GuestWho

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuchan
Who says he can't enjoy pain, pleasure in pain I suppose.
GuestWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-15, 00:13   Link #54
gibits
Endless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu
I'm gonna get hot for this from the Itachi fan boys/girls but Itachi has failed twice already to get his assigned monster. So the head akasuki demoted him or reassigned him.

The worst part IMO is that Itachi and Kisame could've gotten Naruto on the first try but just left...... if i was their leader i'd be pissed.
gibits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-15, 00:27   Link #55
tkdtiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibits
I'm gonna get hot for this from the Itachi fan boys/girls but Itachi has failed twice already to get his assigned monster. So the head akasuki demoted him or reassigned him.

The worst part IMO is that Itachi and Kisame could've gotten Naruto on the first try but just left...... if i was their leader i'd be pissed.
I'm not really an Itachi fan, but from what I can tell Itachi said that at best he would be killed along with Jiraiya, but I guess if that were to happen Kisame would be left to capture Naruto, although I think by then Gai would have shown up. So I think Itachi's decision was a correct one. If anything the risk was just too high at the time.
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-15, 00:47   Link #56
gibits
Endless

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdtiger
I'm not really an Itachi fan, but from what I can tell Itachi said that at best he would be killed along with Jiraiya, but I guess if that were to happen Kisame would be left to capture Naruto, although I think by then Gai would have shown up. So I think Itachi's decision was a correct one. If anything the risk was just too high at the time.
I don't know about that, did you see Kisame manhandling team Gai after the time skip? And that was at 33% too...... I really doubt that Gai would've presented that much of a problem. Itachi could've defeated Jiraiya if he worked with Kisame, in fact I think it would've been an easy win for the two of them. Just prevent him from using that frog stomach jutsu and they would've owned him.

My point isn't that Itachi and Kisame lack skill or power to do the mission, its that they lack commitment to follow it through. "Oh no, some leaf ninja, I don't want to risk any trouble so lets retreat. We have 3 years to dick around anyway". When they first went to look for Naruto all the Jounins were just getting spanked by them. Then they retreat for really no reason. I mean you're dominating the village's best and you're afraid of a few ANBU? Not showing alot of heart if you ask.

Look at Hidan, he's stabbing himself just to accomplish his mission. Now that's commitment (and oh so Japanese)! No wonder the head honcho wanted this duo on the job.
gibits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-15, 01:30   Link #57
rpgkiller999

If Hidan requires the blood of the opponent to perform the ritual, what happen if Asuma's team tricks Hidan to drink his own blood ?
rpgkiller999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-15, 01:39   Link #58
tritoch

Does the guy even bleed?
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-15, 02:00   Link #59
tkdtiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibits
I don't know about that, did you see Kisame manhandling team Gai after the time skip? And that was at 33% too...... I really doubt that Gai would've presented that much of a problem. Itachi could've defeated Jiraiya if he worked with Kisame, in fact I think it would've been an easy win for the two of them. Just prevent him from using that frog stomach jutsu and they would've owned him.

My point isn't that Itachi and Kisame lack skill or power to do the mission, its that they lack commitment to follow it through. "Oh no, some leaf ninja, I don't want to risk any trouble so lets retreat. We have 3 years to dick around anyway". When they first went to look for Naruto all the Jounins were just getting spanked by them. Then they retreat for really no reason. I mean you're dominating the village's best and you're afraid of a few ANBU? Not showing alot of heart if you ask.

Look at Hidan, he's stabbing himself just to accomplish his mission. Now that's commitment (and oh so Japanese)! No wonder the head honcho wanted this duo on the job.
I wouldn't call it manhandling as Gai appeared to have already known that it wasn't Kisame and he pretty much destroyed the fake Kisame opening the 6th gate. Kisame is probably stronger then Gai, but since Itachi warned about Gai and squinted his eyes I'd say that Gai can give them trouble especially working with Jiraiya. Hidan stabbing himself may be commitment, but then it could just as well be stupidity too. Itachi is careful and calculating. I'd rather fight someone who's willing to do damage to themselves then someone who is cold and calculating any day. I don't remember Itachi being afraid of a few ANBU. I remember him deciding not to fight against Jiraiya and then not wanting to get all the Konoha ninja's involved, because lets face it if they would have started attacking to fight against Kakashi, Asuma, and Kurenai the first time it would have gotten the whole ninja's of Konoha involved prob. including Jiraiya and others. It was in their best interest to retreat. So I don't think Itachi and Kisame lacks commitment, but rather he looks at the whole situation. I mean if you really look at it it still appears that 4 ninjas are giving Hidan atleast some trouble and they're not all even Jounins if you add all the ninja's of Konoha at the same time, which was what Itachi prob. was trying to prevent Itachi prob. knew that the two of them couldn't defeat the entire village and would have been defeated.
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-15, 02:16   Link #60
Syaoran
Contemplating Naruto

Thanks for the comments Hunters ^^ It has been changed in the summary.

Making Hidan taste his own blood is not a bad idea, but that's rather hard to achieve. It's not like he lost his blood while the swords were crushing/slicing his kidneys.

Yamatofruit, his trench knives could turn out to be very dangerous weapons. He already added a little wind chakra to them, the way he showed Naruto when he asked him a few tips during the training. Thanks to this, he could cut throught the swords. Maybe if he adds some more, you get like an extention ?

Visit http://syaoran.miniville.fr/ or help them get a job (~_^)
Syaoran is offline   Reply With Quote