AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2006-09-15, 17:46   Link #81
ri0

Making Hidan drink his own blood (assuming that's the way he is killable) is rather a good coincidence when there's someone around who can "force" people to move like he does, don't you think
Akatsuki have very bad luck at picking their opponents, for example Sasori^^
ri0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-15, 17:53   Link #82
Yamatofruit
Sixth Hokage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ri0
Making Hidan drink his own blood (assuming that's the way he is killable) is rather a good coincidence when there's someone around who can "force" people to move like he does, don't you think
It would be awesome if the leader came and just wiped them all out because he was pissed for no reason.
Yamatofruit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-15, 18:18   Link #83
tramadrama
Jaice Novak's Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by ri0
Ino could do the job and make him drink his own blood. I wonder where she is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatonMakia
-That is what most people thought when he first appeared but Hidden Rain village has 4 vertical lines, and Hidan's has 3. One theory claims him to be from the "Village Hidden in the Haze" but since Kishimoto has neglected to mention any new villages Hidan's origins remain a mystery.
So this guy may be in his 100s or even 1000s in age. Geez.

Last edited by tramadrama; 2006-09-15 at 19:01.
tramadrama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-15, 18:58   Link #84
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu
If Hidan's truly immortal (as in he doesn't age) wouldn't Orochimaru be interested in the technique he used to gain that immortality or in transferring into his body since it wouldn't wear out like his other bodies? Also, I thought Hidan head band indicates he's from the Hidden Rain Village.
-Remember, Orochimaru has to be accepted by the body's original owner and they would have to be submissive to Orochimaru's will. Now correct me if I'm wrong but Hidan doesn't strike me as the kind of fella that would gladly sit by and let someone else take command of his body...

-That is what most people thought when he first appeared but Hidden Rain village has 4 vertical lines, and Hidan's has 3. One theory claims him to be from the "Village Hidden in the Haze" but since Kishimoto has neglected to mention any new villages Hidan's origins remain a mystery.
Old 2006-09-15, 19:16   Link #85
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
If Hidan's truly immortal (as in he doesn't age) wouldn't Orochimaru be interested in the technique he used to gain that immortality or in transferring into his body since it wouldn't wear out like his other bodies? Also, I thought Hidan head band indicates he's from the Hidden Rain Village.
Oro could have been interested but that's not enough to take over a body or he would be into Itachi's skin. Mostly oro doesn't fear to die of old age anymore and is already nearly unkillable anyway, what he needs is the most powerful body possible to make sure nobody's strong enough to take him.
Hidan's headband isn't the Rain's. The sigle of the Rain is 4 vertical lines whereas Hidan's is 3 bended lines.

As for Hidan licking his own blood, I don't think it would be a problem for him. Each times we saw him at the end of his ritual he was bleeding from his mouth.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-15, 20:36   Link #86
Illuyankas
I need another drink.

What if his weapon is the catalyst for it? If they get him to injure himself and taste it from his scythe, then he might be injurable again. (I doubt it, but what the hey)
Illuyankas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-15, 20:39   Link #87
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatonMakai
Remember, Orochimaru has to be accepted by the body's original owner and they would have to be submissive to Orochimaru's will. Now correct me if I'm wrong but Hidan doesn't strike me as the kind of fella that would gladly sit by and let someone else take command of his body...
Not so sure about that. Oro went after Itachi's body and he doesn't seem like a guy who would let someone take control of his body either. Yet Oro indicates that the only reason he doesn't have Itachi's body is that he's too strong for him. But it does seem that all his previous vessels (and vessel candidates) were willing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ri0
Good point. Most people think that Shikamaru will be crucial in defeating Hidan and I'd have to agree with them. But Hidan will be watching for Kage Mane now, so it won't be that easy to get him caught in the jutsu. There's also Kakuzu to worry about.

And yeah, seems I was wrong about Hidan being from the Hidden Rain village. It makes me wonder how many freakin' ninja villages there are in Naruto's world. It's like a box of Lucky Charms. Next, we'll be hearing about "Hidden Clover" village or "Hidden Rainbow".
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-15, 20:43   Link #88
Illuyankas
I need another drink.

Oh, and that guy who asked whether 'Hidan even bleeds', what do you think he drew the symbol for his ritual in? Cheese?
Illuyankas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-16, 14:11   Link #89
gibits
Endless

I thought Hidan was from hidden grass....
gibits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-16, 15:28   Link #90
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Zetsu is from the Hidden Grass. A lot of people were confused about Hidan's hidden village (including myself). This should clear up the misconceptions.

This is Hidans head band..

This is Hidden Rain's symbol..

Hidden Grass..

Hidden Mist..

Each of these villages' symbols somewhat resemble Hidan's village symbol but none of them are a match. So it could be a very small and reclusive village or like Hunter suggested, the village doesn't exist anymore and that's why it's never been mentioned.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-17, 06:44   Link #91
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Each of these villages' symbols somewhat resemble Hidan's village symbol but none of them are a match. So it could be a very small and reclusive village or like Hunter suggested, the village doesn't exist anymore and that's why it's never been mentioned.
I like Hunter's idea over the small village. A small unknown village should not produce such a super-powered ninja, it seems overpowered for a noname village. He seems connected more to a religion than to a village, so it may be that he comes from an unimportant village, but if that's the case why would he wear that headband, it would be better to wear some religious thing instead of a headband. So I think that the religion might be connected to some ancient village, and it may be that the other villages destroyed that village because of that inhuman religion. Or it destroyed itself as a result of that inhuman religion, for example Hidan killed his whole village/religion 100 years ago, something like Itachi did to his clan.

Anybody watched the live action movie Shinobi? There was a guy who was already hundreds of years old, and he could not be killed, there were some worms in his body to rebuild it when damaged and also kept it young. He wished to die, it might be that Hidan is partly based on that character.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-17, 06:56   Link #92
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n
I like Hunter's idea over the small village. A small unknown village should not produce such a super-powered ninja, it seems overpowered for a noname village. He seems connected more to a religion than to a village, so it may be that he comes from an unimportant village, but if that's the case why would he wear that headband, it would be better to wear some religious thing instead of a headband. So I think that the religion might be connected to some ancient village, and it may be that the other villages destroyed that village because of that inhuman religion. Or it destroyed itself as a result of that inhuman religion, for example Hidan killed his whole village/religion 100 years ago, something like Itachi did to his clan.

Anybody watched the live action movie Shinobi? There was a guy who was already hundreds of years old, and he could not be killed, there were some worms in his body to rebuild it when damaged and also kept it young. He wished to die, it might be that Hidan is partly based on that character.
Yeah i've seen it...he got himself killed because of the poison of a certain woman...

I think that's a good and decent thought to think that he is "ageless & immortal" like that character from Shinobi...

Especially if he is part of a special clan which died over 100+ years ago..making him the last member...he doesnt seem insanely powerfull except that he cant die... which is a very good point to make that up..
Old 2006-09-17, 13:59   Link #93
astayanax
Conspiracy Theorist

I don't think having Hidan tasting his own blood will be enough to kill him. If it was that simple, he would had done it himself eons ago.
Old 2006-09-17, 14:05   Link #94
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5
Yeah i've seen it...he got himself killed because of the poison of a certain woman...

I think that's a good and decent thought to think that he is "ageless & immortal" like that character from Shinobi...

Especially if he is part of a special clan which died over 100+ years ago..making him the last member...he doesnt seem insanely powerfull except that he cant die... which is a very good point to make that up..
I was referring to that one interesting sentence of Hidan where he either says they can kill him or he says they can kill him if they are able. The first sound like he wants to die, the same way that guy in Shinobi wanted to die, i mean he had wished to die, him kissing the womane was suicide. While the other one would mean that Hidan simply states that if he cannot beat those 4 than he is not worth to live. Since even Hunter was not sure, it's seems to be an open question.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-17, 15:20   Link #95
Yellow Flash
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter
As much as I crave for blood and gruesome death...
You what?

Quote:
As of now I'm almost seeing Hidan as a truly immortal guy who lived too long, whose unknown headband indicates a village gone since god know when and who keep leaving simply because he doesn't know how to die.
That's interesting, and I agree.
Yellow Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-17, 16:28   Link #96
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Offtopic: That's really a nice signature Yellow Flash...
Old 2006-09-17, 20:54   Link #97
gibits
Endless

Waterfall is also a shitty little village yet they have an overpowered Alasuki in their ranks. It makes sense to assume that bigger villages will produce better talent (which is why D1 colleges will almost always be better than D2 and D3 colleges), but this assume fails in the non-sensical world of Kishimoto......

In sum, Hidan could very well be from any type of village (big, small, strong, weak, good, evil) and his personal strength says literally nothing of his origins.
Old 2006-09-17, 20:57   Link #98
Zek
Eyebrows...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibits
Waterfall is also a shitty little village yet they have an overpowered Alasuki in their ranks. It makes sense to assume that bigger villages will produce better talent (which is why D1 colleges will almost always be better than D2 and D3 colleges), but this assume fails in the non-sensical world of Kishimoto......
I don't think so... How many incredibly strong ninjas have come out of Konoha? Sand has quite a few as well. It's not too huge a stretch that once in a while a tiny village can produce someone of Kage level.
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-17, 21:13   Link #99
gibits
Endless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zek
I don't think so... How many incredibly strong ninjas have come out of Konoha? Sand has quite a few as well. It's not too huge a stretch that once in a while a tiny village can produce someone of Kage level.
Both those villages are huge, there are 5 major hidden villages and Sand and leaf are two of them. They crank out better ninjas because of superior numbers (better chance of devolping talent) and more resources. You really can't expect the same from a little poor village like waterfall (i say waterfall because we have seen it in the OVA and know its a shit village).
Old 2006-09-17, 21:40   Link #100
Ryuujin

Thing is, the only things the other 3 major villages and the many minor ones have given us are Akatsuki members (and Cloud hasn't even done that yet), Zabuza and Haku, and a legion of worthless cannon fodder (the Grass/Waterfall/Rain guys in the Chuunin Exams, the Cloud guy Hiashi killed, Yugito, etc.)

Effectively, only Leaf and Sand ninja matter in this series...

Don't approach a goat from the front, a horse from the back, or a fool from any side.
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!"~Dinobot
Ryuujin is offline   Reply With Quote